I joined Fickr in December of 2004 but it was not until Christmas Day 2005 that I began to explore this site. Thanks to the warm welcome by friends who also post at www.wunderground.com Texas Sadie and bioani and the company of friends from WU Marlis1, Coanri, MsPixie, and SleepyOwl who also joined at that time it became a favorite place. Over these past months more old friends have joined with new Flickr friends.
Still trying to balance Flickr’s dual roles as photo sharing site and photo storage site.
Three Favorite Sets
See it here At Belden Tunnel or
See it here NC Botanical Garden 5-12-06 or
See it here Indian Runner Ducklings or
Some Overview Sets
These had their moment on Explore.
Current Most Interesting 100 As determined by Flickr - slide show format (uses the '"new" painfully slow, on black format).
The Current 100 Most Interesting set regular view.
Faves Admin Favorites from Groups or see it at Flickriver. Only flowers.
My blog Red Rainbows contains alternative ways to view some of the sets and photos I keep here. A testing ground and hodge podge.
Photos of birdyboo (10)
- Micro Four Thirds Community 478,604 photos, 9,153 members
- Olympus PEN E-PM2 6,631 photos, 257 members
- ID Please 10,679 photos, 932 members
- Canon SX50 HS 53,451 photos, 2,165 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 79,959 photos, 3,212 members
- Ribbet! - The Official Ribbet Users Group 2,174 photos, 286 members
- PicMonkey 48,162 photos, 2,120 members
- DSC-HX100V 17,678 photos, 704 members
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V 11,861 photos, 590 members
- Railroad Images by Women (RIBW) 3,482 photos, 136 members
- FujiFilm FinePix HS10 / HS11 14,321 photos, 341 members
- Fuji Finepix HS series Gallery 58,341 photos, 1,438 members
- Backroads of New York State 8,606 photos, 123 members
- AMOD AGL3080 GPS 199 photos, 84 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 10,286 photos, 1,820 members
- Olympus E-620 User Group 22,270 photos, 626 members
- Wood Ducks 2,482 photos, 248 members
- Akbash 21 photos, 8 members
- United Kennel Club 501 photos, 53 members
- Admin Help -- Assistance for Groups 3 photos, 689 members
- Flickr Clock 4,029 photos, 2,655 members
- *Artist of the Year*~L2 ~ P1/-A5 ~ Invite Only 139,541 photos, 11,353 members
- Pop Sci 2,226 photos, 298 members
- Just Ducks (Post 1 Comment 2) 9,977 photos, 1,309 members
- Secrets of Stats 16 photos, 94 members
- Historic Bridges 17,460 photos, 1,656 members
- Public Aquariums 7,789 photos, 846 members
- Spectacular Insects 83,041 photos, 7,073 members
- Zoos of North America. Please Comment 41,681 photos, 2,961 members
- *Music To My Eyes*~L1 w/7 Levels ~Active Sweeper ! ~ P1 A5 ~ 926,561 photos, 29,267 members
- Adorable Critters (Invite Only) 25,968 photos, 4,940 members
- Olympus E-5Series Challenge 2,712 photos, 256 members
- FireFlickr - Where Firefox meets Flickr 0 photos, 33 members
- Stock the Wildlife Park 15,948 photos, 1,806 members
- Rarely seen in a zoo! 3,834 photos, 242 members
- Buckingham Branch Railroad 195 photos, 28 members
- Ducks and Geese and Swans, Oh My! 92,484 photos, 7,429 members
- Rails, Limpkin, and Cranes 2,398 photos, 325 members
- Beginners Video: Tiny Movie Techniques 1,501 photos, 547 members
- National Geographic Channel: Are you good enough? (Videos) 4,920 photos, 1,008 members
- Canon PowerShot A650IS 1,340 photos, 76 members
- North Carolina Photography 34,354 photos, 837 members
- North Carolina Zoo 3,990 photos, 203 members
- * Animals in Zoos & Parks (post 1 ~ comment 1) 50,484 photos, 2,452 members
- MOVING trains --READ THE RULES 202,103 photos, 3,699 members
- Feathers+Beaks=Birds (P2 / C2) 148,005 photos, 7,037 members
- Animal-Pictures (Plz Comment). 173,354 photos, 10,957 members
- Train Videos 1,908 photos, 153 members
- Video with ambient sound 645 photos, 113 members
- Pet Cinerama (video group) 1,862 photos, 674 members
mothernature photography says:
"I met Alice several years ago on the WeatherUnderground photo site, where her photos always stood out above the rest. She was also very good about organizing wonderful blog topics, and encouraging others to mingle. But Alice is too talented to confine her work to only one site and at some point she came on over to Flickr.
I joined Flickr in February 2006 at Alice's gentle urging (okay, so it took her several months of prodding with a big stick). It was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. I didn't know it at the time, but I suspect Alice did. She is an intuitive and wise lady, gifted with her words and camera. I consider Alice to be one of the smartest, kindest, compassionate and talented people I have ever known. Her images are always first rate and interesting, but it is her flower photography that I consider to be the benchmark by which to measure all other flower images. If there is such a thing as perfection, then her images define it. It is clear that she has deep understanding of her subjects, and is able to gently urge the messages of the flowers to be revealed to all of us; no big sticks are necessary."
September 21st, 2006
shirl shootin' life says:
"Alice was one of my first few contacts on Flickr. She immediately made me feel welcome and comfortable. Being an amateur, hobbyist photographer, I was more than a little intimidated about posting my pics at first. She was such an encouragement to me and such a blessing and continues to be. With her gentle encouragement, I became braver about posting. She helped me realize you don't need a lot of fancy gear or tons of technical knowledge to capture life around you. She helped give me the courage to trust my own heart's eye. She never allowed me to feel that my pics weren't worthy of being posted. As for HER photography, I am continually amazed by the range of her skill and her keen eye. She has a delightful sense of humor to boot. Thank you, Alice, for all you've done--not just for me but for others as well. You are a true delight to know!"
September 8th, 2006
"I have never met Birdyboo but find she is a very generous and intelligant lady.She has some of the most beautiful flower photos I have ever had the pleasure of seeing.She's helped me more than once ID some of the plants I didn't have a name for.All of Biryboo's photos are very beautiful and interesting.I will be back time an again to leave comments even if they are simple ones I'm not to good at putting in words what I want to say.Thanks Birdyboo for sharing your beautiful photos and knowledge with me and everyone else here on flickr."
August 10th, 2006
"Alice...aka Birdyboo is totally groovy ;) and a very sweet lady...and one of my very favorite photographers!"
March 10th, 2006
"We never met and yet she gives me the feeling I have known her for years :) a warm wonderful person. We got to correspond during WU period. She loves her ducks, the horses and ofcourse flowers. More than once I was speechless looking at some of her beautiful photos. I am a great fan of her duck photos.
Alice also adviced me to have a look at Flickr and I have had no regrets:)) So thank you Alice for doing this and above all, thank you for being a friend:)"
February 12th, 2006
"Wise and kind lady, intellectual, sociable and friendly person, reliable advisor and good photographer!"
February 3rd, 2006
shelley 791 says:
"Birdy Boo is a wonderful lady! Her beautiful photography reflects her heart and soul I'm so blessed to call her my friend."
January 25th, 2006
"birdyboo has been a dear Wug pen-pal for some time now, and I have been admiring her wonderful photographs, enjoyed her sense of humor, her sharp mind and her special talent for instructing the computer challenged (me).
She has encouraged me to check out flickr and sign up.
I have- and I am enjoying every moment.
January 14th, 2006
- Alice Wilkman
- December 2004
- Cooperstown NY
- I am:
- Birdyboo at Wunderground.com