I joined Fickr in December of 2004 but it was not until Christmas Day 2005 that I began to explore this site. Thanks to the warm welcome by friends who also post at www.wunderground.com Texas Sadie and bioani and the company of friends from WU Marlis1, Coanri, MsPixie, and SleepyOwl who also joined at that time it became a favorite place. Over these past months more old friends have joined with new Flickr friends.
Still trying to balance Flickr’s dual roles as photo sharing site and photo storage site.
Three Favorite Sets
See it here At Belden Tunnel or
See it here NC Botanical Garden 5-12-06 or
See it here Indian Runner Ducklings or
Some Overview Sets
These had their moment on Explore.
Current Most Interesting 100 As determined by Flickr - slide show format (uses the '"new" painfully slow, on black format).
The Current 100 Most Interesting set regular view.
Faves Admin Favorites from Groups or see it at Flickriver. Only flowers.
My blog Red Rainbows contains alternative ways to view some of the sets and photos I keep here. A testing ground and hodge podge.
Photos of birdyboo (10)
- Micro Four Thirds Community 453,318 photos, 8,930 members
- Olympus PEN E-PM2 6,361 photos, 254 members
- ID Please 10,424 photos, 925 members
- Canon SX50 HS 50,979 photos, 2,133 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 77,032 photos, 3,173 members
- Ribbet! - The Official Ribbet Users Group 2,161 photos, 281 members
- PicMonkey 46,456 photos, 2,093 members
- DSC-HX100V 17,463 photos, 703 members
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V 11,653 photos, 584 members
- Railroad Images by Women (RIBW) 3,458 photos, 135 members
- FujiFilm FinePix HS10 / HS11 14,299 photos, 341 members
- Fuji Finepix HS series Gallery 57,893 photos, 1,437 members
- Backroads of New York State 8,312 photos, 120 members
- AMOD AGL3080 GPS 199 photos, 84 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 10,233 photos, 1,816 members
- Olympus E-620 User Group 21,875 photos, 624 members
- Wood Ducks 2,381 photos, 244 members
- Akbash 21 photos, 8 members
- United Kennel Club 501 photos, 52 members
- Admin Help -- Assistance for Groups 3 photos, 675 members
- Flickr Clock 4,028 photos, 2,656 members
- *Artist of the Year*~L2 ~ P1/-A5 ~ Invite Only 137,734 photos, 11,249 members
- Pop Sci 2,219 photos, 298 members
- Just Ducks (Post 1 Comment 2) 9,814 photos, 1,284 members
- Secrets of Stats 18 photos, 94 members
- Historic Bridges 17,224 photos, 1,647 members
- Public Aquariums 7,695 photos, 839 members
- Spectacular Insects 79,025 photos, 6,944 members
- Zoos of North America. Please Comment 40,891 photos, 2,925 members
- *Music To My Eyes*~L1 w/7 Levels ~Active Sweeper ! ~ P1 A5 ~ 908,664 photos, 29,007 members
- Adorable Critters (Invite Only) 25,947 photos, 4,949 members
- Olympus E-5Series Challenge 2,710 photos, 256 members
- FireFlickr - Where Firefox meets Flickr 0 photos, 33 members
- Stock the Wildlife Park 15,890 photos, 1,806 members
- Rarely seen in a zoo! 3,743 photos, 239 members
- Buckingham Branch Railroad 193 photos, 28 members
- Ducks and Geese and Swans, Oh My! 91,281 photos, 7,394 members
- Rails, Limpkin, and Cranes 2,321 photos, 320 members
- Beginners Video: Tiny Movie Techniques 1,488 photos, 546 members
- National Geographic Channel: Are you good enough? (Videos) 4,827 photos, 998 members
- Canon PowerShot A650IS 1,333 photos, 74 members
- North Carolina Photography 33,233 photos, 825 members
- North Carolina Zoo 3,963 photos, 200 members
- * Animals in Zoos & Parks (post 1 ~ comment 1) 49,082 photos, 2,438 members
- MOVING trains --READ THE RULES 191,895 photos, 3,661 members
- Feathers+Beaks=Birds (P2 / C2) 144,369 photos, 6,987 members
- Animal-Pictures (Plz Comment). 168,074 photos, 10,754 members
- Train Videos 1,894 photos, 151 members
- Video with ambient sound 631 photos, 114 members
- Pet Cinerama (video group) 1,870 photos, 670 members
mothernature photography says:
"I met Alice several years ago on the WeatherUnderground photo site, where her photos always stood out above the rest. She was also very good about organizing wonderful blog topics, and encouraging others to mingle. But Alice is too talented to confine her work to only one site and at some point she came on over to Flickr.
I joined Flickr in February 2006 at Alice's gentle urging (okay, so it took her several months of prodding with a big stick). It was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. I didn't know it at the time, but I suspect Alice did. She is an intuitive and wise lady, gifted with her words and camera. I consider Alice to be one of the smartest, kindest, compassionate and talented people I have ever known. Her images are always first rate and interesting, but it is her flower photography that I consider to be the benchmark by which to measure all other flower images. If there is such a thing as perfection, then her images define it. It is clear that she has deep understanding of her subjects, and is able to gently urge the messages of the flowers to be revealed to all of us; no big sticks are necessary."
September 21st, 2006
shirl shootin' life says:
"Alice was one of my first few contacts on Flickr. She immediately made me feel welcome and comfortable. Being an amateur, hobbyist photographer, I was more than a little intimidated about posting my pics at first. She was such an encouragement to me and such a blessing and continues to be. With her gentle encouragement, I became braver about posting. She helped me realize you don't need a lot of fancy gear or tons of technical knowledge to capture life around you. She helped give me the courage to trust my own heart's eye. She never allowed me to feel that my pics weren't worthy of being posted. As for HER photography, I am continually amazed by the range of her skill and her keen eye. She has a delightful sense of humor to boot. Thank you, Alice, for all you've done--not just for me but for others as well. You are a true delight to know!"
September 8th, 2006
"I have never met Birdyboo but find she is a very generous and intelligant lady.She has some of the most beautiful flower photos I have ever had the pleasure of seeing.She's helped me more than once ID some of the plants I didn't have a name for.All of Biryboo's photos are very beautiful and interesting.I will be back time an again to leave comments even if they are simple ones I'm not to good at putting in words what I want to say.Thanks Birdyboo for sharing your beautiful photos and knowledge with me and everyone else here on flickr."
August 10th, 2006
"Alice...aka Birdyboo is totally groovy ;) and a very sweet lady...and one of my very favorite photographers!"
March 10th, 2006
"We never met and yet she gives me the feeling I have known her for years :) a warm wonderful person. We got to correspond during WU period. She loves her ducks, the horses and ofcourse flowers. More than once I was speechless looking at some of her beautiful photos. I am a great fan of her duck photos.
Alice also adviced me to have a look at Flickr and I have had no regrets:)) So thank you Alice for doing this and above all, thank you for being a friend:)"
February 12th, 2006
"Wise and kind lady, intellectual, sociable and friendly person, reliable advisor and good photographer!"
February 3rd, 2006
shelley 791 says:
"Birdy Boo is a wonderful lady! Her beautiful photography reflects her heart and soul I'm so blessed to call her my friend."
January 25th, 2006
"birdyboo has been a dear Wug pen-pal for some time now, and I have been admiring her wonderful photographs, enjoyed her sense of humor, her sharp mind and her special talent for instructing the computer challenged (me).
She has encouraged me to check out flickr and sign up.
I have- and I am enjoying every moment.
January 14th, 2006
- Alice Wilkman
- December 2004
- Cooperstown NY
- I am:
- Birdyboo at Wunderground.com