I joined Fickr in December of 2004 but it was not until Christmas Day 2005 that I began to explore this site. Thanks to the warm welcome by friends who also post at www.wunderground.com Texas Sadie and bioani and the company of friends from WU Marlis1, Coanri, MsPixie, and SleepyOwl who also joined at that time it became a favorite place. Over these past months more old friends have joined with new Flickr friends.
Still trying to balance Flickr’s dual roles as photo sharing site and photo storage site.
Three Favorite Sets
See it here At Belden Tunnel or
See it here NC Botanical Garden 5-12-06 or
See it here Indian Runner Ducklings or
Some Overview Sets
These had their moment on Explore.
Current Most Interesting 100 As determined by Flickr - slide show format (uses the '"new" painfully slow, on black format).
The Current 100 Most Interesting set regular view.
Faves Admin Favorites from Groups or see it at Flickriver. Only flowers.
My blog Red Rainbows contains alternative ways to view some of the sets and photos I keep here. A testing ground and hodge podge.
Photos of birdyboo (10)
- Micro Four Thirds Community 500,159 photos, 9,369 members
- Olympus PEN E-PM2 6,902 photos, 268 members
- ID Please 10,783 photos, 937 members
- Canon SX50 HS 55,513 photos, 2,189 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 82,787 photos, 3,263 members
- Ribbet! - The Official Ribbet Users Group 2,218 photos, 290 members
- PicMonkey 50,489 photos, 2,150 members
- DSC-HX100V 17,879 photos, 703 members
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V 12,105 photos, 593 members
- Railroad Images by Women (RIBW) 3,531 photos, 138 members
- FujiFilm FinePix HS10 / HS11 14,313 photos, 343 members
- Fuji Finepix HS series Gallery 58,153 photos, 1,445 members
- Backroads of New York State 8,801 photos, 124 members
- AMOD AGL3080 GPS 199 photos, 84 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 10,329 photos, 1,824 members
- Olympus E-620 User Group 22,617 photos, 627 members
- Wood Ducks 2,514 photos, 253 members
- Akbash 21 photos, 8 members
- United Kennel Club 501 photos, 53 members
- Admin Help -- Assistance for Groups 3 photos, 705 members
- Flickr Clock 4,030 photos, 2,655 members
- *Artist of the Year*~L2 ~ P1/-A5 ~ Invite Only 141,488 photos, 11,420 members
- Pop Sci 2,221 photos, 298 members
- Just Ducks (Post 1 Comment 2) 10,238 photos, 1,348 members
- Secrets of Stats 16 photos, 93 members
- Historic Bridges 17,704 photos, 1,657 members
- Public Aquariums 7,872 photos, 851 members
- Spectacular Insects 85,720 photos, 7,162 members
- Zoos of North America. Please Comment 42,712 photos, 3,001 members
- *Music To My Eyes*~L1 w/7 Levels ~Active Sweeper ! ~ P1 A5 ~ 943,474 photos, 29,517 members
- Adorable Critters (Invite Only) 25,967 photos, 4,925 members
- Olympus E-5Series Challenge 2,711 photos, 256 members
- FireFlickr - Where Firefox meets Flickr 0 photos, 33 members
- Stock the Wildlife Park 15,988 photos, 1,807 members
- Rarely seen in a zoo! 4,018 photos, 243 members
- Buckingham Branch Railroad 195 photos, 28 members
- Ducks and Geese and Swans, Oh My! 92,347 photos, 7,466 members
- Rails, Limpkin, and Cranes 2,471 photos, 328 members
- Beginners Video: Tiny Movie Techniques 1,503 photos, 551 members
- National Geographic Channel: Are you good enough? (Videos) 4,998 photos, 1,010 members
- Canon PowerShot A650IS 1,340 photos, 77 members
- North Carolina Photography 35,148 photos, 848 members
- North Carolina Zoo 3,999 photos, 202 members
- * Animals in Zoos & Parks (post 1 ~ comment 1) 51,877 photos, 2,471 members
- MOVING trains --READ THE RULES 211,976 photos, 3,740 members
- Feathers+Beaks=Birds (P2 / C2) 151,826 photos, 7,112 members
- Animal-Pictures (Plz Comment). 178,620 photos, 11,134 members
- Train Videos 1,925 photos, 159 members
- Video with ambient sound 631 photos, 112 members
- Pet Cinerama (video group) 1,866 photos, 675 members
mothernature photography says:
"I met Alice several years ago on the WeatherUnderground photo site, where her photos always stood out above the rest. She was also very good about organizing wonderful blog topics, and encouraging others to mingle. But Alice is too talented to confine her work to only one site and at some point she came on over to Flickr.
I joined Flickr in February 2006 at Alice's gentle urging (okay, so it took her several months of prodding with a big stick). It was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. I didn't know it at the time, but I suspect Alice did. She is an intuitive and wise lady, gifted with her words and camera. I consider Alice to be one of the smartest, kindest, compassionate and talented people I have ever known. Her images are always first rate and interesting, but it is her flower photography that I consider to be the benchmark by which to measure all other flower images. If there is such a thing as perfection, then her images define it. It is clear that she has deep understanding of her subjects, and is able to gently urge the messages of the flowers to be revealed to all of us; no big sticks are necessary."
September 21st, 2006
shirl shootin' life says:
"Alice was one of my first few contacts on Flickr. She immediately made me feel welcome and comfortable. Being an amateur, hobbyist photographer, I was more than a little intimidated about posting my pics at first. She was such an encouragement to me and such a blessing and continues to be. With her gentle encouragement, I became braver about posting. She helped me realize you don't need a lot of fancy gear or tons of technical knowledge to capture life around you. She helped give me the courage to trust my own heart's eye. She never allowed me to feel that my pics weren't worthy of being posted. As for HER photography, I am continually amazed by the range of her skill and her keen eye. She has a delightful sense of humor to boot. Thank you, Alice, for all you've done--not just for me but for others as well. You are a true delight to know!"
September 8th, 2006
"I have never met Birdyboo but find she is a very generous and intelligant lady.She has some of the most beautiful flower photos I have ever had the pleasure of seeing.She's helped me more than once ID some of the plants I didn't have a name for.All of Biryboo's photos are very beautiful and interesting.I will be back time an again to leave comments even if they are simple ones I'm not to good at putting in words what I want to say.Thanks Birdyboo for sharing your beautiful photos and knowledge with me and everyone else here on flickr."
August 10th, 2006
"Alice...aka Birdyboo is totally groovy ;) and a very sweet lady...and one of my very favorite photographers!"
March 10th, 2006
"We never met and yet she gives me the feeling I have known her for years :) a warm wonderful person. We got to correspond during WU period. She loves her ducks, the horses and ofcourse flowers. More than once I was speechless looking at some of her beautiful photos. I am a great fan of her duck photos.
Alice also adviced me to have a look at Flickr and I have had no regrets:)) So thank you Alice for doing this and above all, thank you for being a friend:)"
February 12th, 2006
"Wise and kind lady, intellectual, sociable and friendly person, reliable advisor and good photographer!"
February 3rd, 2006
shelley 791 says:
"Birdy Boo is a wonderful lady! Her beautiful photography reflects her heart and soul I'm so blessed to call her my friend."
January 25th, 2006
"birdyboo has been a dear Wug pen-pal for some time now, and I have been admiring her wonderful photographs, enjoyed her sense of humor, her sharp mind and her special talent for instructing the computer challenged (me).
She has encouraged me to check out flickr and sign up.
I have- and I am enjoying every moment.
January 14th, 2006
- Alice Wilkman
- December 2004
- Cooperstown NY
- I am:
- Birdyboo at Wunderground.com