Inspiring discovery through free access to biodiversity knowledge.
The Biodiversity Heritage Library improves research methodology by collaboratively making biodiversity literature openly available to the world as part of a global biodiversity community.
Help us add MACHINE TAGS to our images to supplement Encyclopedia of Life (EOL) species pages with images from the BHL collection. Examples of machine tags include:
“taxonomy:binomial=Aegotheles savesi” (include quotations)
taxonomy:family=Fabaceae (all one word, no quotations necessary)
For more information about machine tagging, please see these instructions.
Machine tagging is the best-case scenario, but if you would rather simply tag our images with normal tags as you would any other Flickr image, please feel free. We encourage you to help us tag our images with taxonomic information, geographic information, color, etc.
Photos of BioDivLibrary (6)
BioDivLibrary's favorite photos from other Flickr members (1)
- ChicagoBotanicGarden 16,136 photos, 613 members
- Juncos, Juncos, and more Juncos! 5,162 photos, 1,056 members
- Systematic Botany (not for "pretty flower images") 1,057 photos, 233 members
- Flickr Commons 2,657 photos, 2,341 members
- Sherborn Symposium 2011 49 photos, 7 members
- Shells ( the geometry of nature's beauty) 5,281 photos, 712 members
- Algae 2,983 photos, 371 members
- fungi 94,453 photos, 8,349 members
- Reptiles & Amphibians 157,548 photos, 14,742 members
- Charles Darwin 6,137 photos, 602 members
- Encyclopedia of Life Images 291,363 photos, 4,033 members
- Biodiversity Heritage Library 1,477 photos, 23 members
BioDivLibrary doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Biodiversity Heritage Library
- March 2011
- Biodiversity literature, online!