Inspiring discovery through free access to biodiversity knowledge.
The Biodiversity Heritage Library improves research methodology by collaboratively making biodiversity literature openly available to the world as part of a global biodiversity community.
Help us add MACHINE TAGS to our images to supplement Encyclopedia of Life (EOL) species pages with images from the BHL collection. Examples of machine tags include:
“taxonomy:binomial=Aegotheles savesi” (include quotations)
taxonomy:family=Fabaceae (all one word, no quotations necessary)
For more information about machine tagging, please see these instructions.
Machine tagging is the best-case scenario, but if you would rather simply tag our images with normal tags as you would any other Flickr image, please feel free. We encourage you to help us tag our images with taxonomic information, geographic information, color, etc.
Photos of BioDivLibrary (6)
BioDivLibrary's favorite photos from other Flickr members (1)
- ChicagoBotanicGarden 16,396 photos, 618 members
- Juncos, Juncos, and more Juncos! 5,208 photos, 1,053 members
- Systematic Botany (not for "pretty flower images") 1,078 photos, 234 members
- Flickr Commons 2,657 photos, 2,380 members
- Sherborn Symposium 2011 49 photos, 7 members
- Shells ( the geometry of nature's beauty) 5,324 photos, 720 members
- Algae 3,076 photos, 377 members
- fungi 95,789 photos, 8,386 members
- Reptiles & Amphibians 161,847 photos, 14,924 members
- Charles Darwin 6,131 photos, 602 members
- Encyclopedia of Life Images 304,284 photos, 4,058 members
- Biodiversity Heritage Library 1,477 photos, 23 members
BioDivLibrary doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Biodiversity Heritage Library
- March 2011
- Biodiversity literature, online!