Inspiring discovery through free access to biodiversity knowledge.
The Biodiversity Heritage Library improves research methodology by collaboratively making biodiversity literature openly available to the world as part of a global biodiversity community.
Help us add MACHINE TAGS to our images to supplement Encyclopedia of Life (EOL) species pages with images from the BHL collection. Examples of machine tags include:
“taxonomy:binomial=Aegotheles savesi” (include quotations)
taxonomy:family=Fabaceae (all one word, no quotations necessary)
For more information about machine tagging, please see the instructions provided by EOL: www.flickr.com/groups/encyclopedia_of_life/discuss/721576...
Machine tagging is the best-case scenario, but if you would rather simply tag our images with normal tags as you would any other Flickr image, please feel free. We encourage you to help us tag our images with taxonomic information, geographic information, color, etc.
Get detailled Flickr stats with Statsr.net
Photos of BioDivLibrary (6)
BioDivLibrary's favorite photos from other Flickr members (1)
- Juncos, Juncos, and more Juncos! 4,705 photos, 1,045 members
- Systematic Botany (not for "pretty flower images") 1,010 photos, 214 members
- Flickr Commons 2,504 photos, 2,145 members
- Sherborn Symposium 2011 49 photos, 7 members
- Shells ( the geometry of nature's beauty) 4,940 photos, 672 members
- Algae 2,685 photos, 345 members
- fungi 84,781 photos, 7,960 members
- Reptiles & Amphibians 140,164 photos, 14,003 members
- Charles Darwin 5,993 photos, 590 members
- Encyclopedia of Life Images 244,759 photos, 3,862 members
- Biodiversity Heritage Library 1,477 photos, 23 members
BioDivLibrary doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Biodiversity Heritage Library
- March 2011
- Biodiversity literature, online!