© ALL photographs on this Flickr stream are private property, are copyrighted and MUST NOT be used for commercial or other purposes without asking and gaining my permission.
Amateur photographer based in Cheshire, North West England. Contemporary jazz writer and reviewer: ap-reviews.com. Professional proofreader, copy-editor and copywriter: adrianpallantproofreading.com
- HidcoteNT 258 photos, 32 members
- Royal de Luxe Central 17,444 photos, 1,437 members
- Remembrance Day - Closed until 2017 4,687 photos, 757 members
- Moment vole - Stolen Moment 32,666 photos, 913 members
- carved graffiti 1,740 photos, 218 members
- Anglican 22,393 photos, 443 members
- British Jazz 1,299 photos, 47 members
- Singin' The Blues - P1/A2 20,671 photos, 5,488 members
- Bags in the Wind 61 photos, 31 members
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat 5,947 photos, 358 members
- Brecon Jazz - Jazz Aberhonddu 125 photos, 26 members
- Gilbert Scott 3,225 photos, 250 members
- Railroad Graphics, Heralds and Signs 3,931 photos, 249 members
- Garnite's Cheerleaders!!! 407 photos, 212 members
- VOICES IN THE WILDERNESS: A Prayer for Wild Things 97,783 photos, 3,532 members
- Jazz Life : Jazz Is My Religion 29,504 photos, 1,585 members
- Tech Room Ministry 162 photos, 38 members
- Brecon Jazz Festival 23 photos, 6 members
- *Clair-Obscur / Darkness-Light* 182,771 photos, 5,874 members
- Music, sounds and silence... 678 photos, 48 members
- ECM Record Cover Photographs 11,475 photos, 903 members
- Hilbre Island 542 photos, 99 members
- Art of Noise 5,982 photos, 321 members
- Busstop / Parada / остановка / Haltestellen - Weltreise 3,271 photos, 502 members
- Love Guinness 1,203 photos, 389 members
- Squeegee 321 photos, 163 members
- Penguin Paperback Spotters' Guild 14,035 photos, 1,100 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 486,526 photos, 63,654 members
- Oxford 52,938 photos, 3,533 members
- Dappled Light 995 photos, 126 members
- upsidey-downsie 253 photos, 62 members
- Eight Ball 999 photos, 436 members
- Lavender (THE PLANT - NOT THE COLOUR) 5,620 photos, 1,423 members
- Idyll 23,329 photos, 1,147 members
- Hosta, heuchera and hemerocallis 3,228 photos, 325 members
- Weather Vane 4,659 photos, 668 members
- English Heritage (please read posting rules) 20,593 photos, 3,025 members
- One Head 5,420 photos, 261 members
- Sheet music 1,369 photos, 355 members
- Another Place - Gormley 4,123 photos, 605 members
- Remembrance Day, Veterans Day & War Memorials 24,906 photos, 3,345 members
- National Trust 86,867 photos, 5,810 members
- hollyhock - Stockrosen 1,229 photos, 180 members
- In & Outdoor Food & Drinks 128,175 photos, 4,852 members
- Least Interesting! Make your least interesting pic even less so. 1,046 photos, 1,214 members
- Table Games 917 photos, 326 members
- Oxfordshire 35,639 photos, 1,163 members
- Juice 700 photos, 350 members
- Garden of Eden 1,657 photos, 260 members
- Get Off My Land!! 161 photos, 77 members
"always seems to be a man at great peace with his life, family, music and pictures...... and not forgetting the best puns and wordplay on flickr. Life for the Billy Jnr and Ms and Mrs Billy must be fun.
thanks for all the visits.
I always smile that you thought I was a girlie for 6 months .....photography obviously brings out my other side. :-)"
October 31st, 2006
"I am astonished that there is not a queue of testimonials sitting here - there really should be.
Billy Reed will be very embarrassed by this testimonial, but that's not going to stop me from writing it.
You see, you can't really 'rummage' around in his archives - you don't get grubby and dusty in the way you might if you hauled your photograph collection out of an old shoebox in the bottom of the wardrobe. With his images, you feel compelled to wash your hands, sit down comfortably at a large flat table and leave yourself about an hour at a time, to slowly examine this consistently impressive collection of clean lines & elegant composition.
Billy's particular talent is his ability to convey the subtlest synthesis of light and texture you'll find anywhere on flickr. look at his 'Sheet Music', 'Church' or Holy Week' set to see an alchemist at work.
'Quirky' gives us a clue about the hidden entertainer behind that self-deprecating demeanor and 'Motoring' hints of a woody toned, 'wind in your hair & laughter' kind of nostalgic past. (Actually it confirms he's ancient - only kidding Billy!)
Billy's not a flickr-fly by, or 'Explore-a-holic' but if you stick around, you'll discover that he has a penchant for red wine, Liverpool F.C. (Well I couldn't leave that out COULD I?), animals noses, the whole family Reed, and of course music - a theme that is never far away...
I've never met Billy, but that hasn't prevented me from teasing him mercilessly at times on his stream - that's mostly because I don't want him to get big headed about how great I actually think his stuff is. Given he REALLY gets quite worked up about watching a bunch of grown men run around after a leather bag full of air for a bit, I think I've surprised myself more than anyone! :)"
April 28th, 2006
- October 2004
- I am:
- ADRIAN PALLANT : PROOFREADING