Freelance Photojournalist who has done work for:
West Hawaii Today
North Hawaii News
Honolulu Star Advertiser
National Geographic For Kids Magazine
Many other books and publications, both print and online.
Contributing Photographer to:
Maryland Biodiversity Project
1959-1983 - Baltimore, Maryland
1983-1984 - Alexandria, Virginia
1984-2005 - Silicon Valley, California
2005-2009 - Big Island, Hawai'i
2009-2015 - Baltimore, Maryland
2015-........ - Capitol Hill, Washington, DC
- Olywa - Photos & Images from Olympia Washington 7,244 photos, 251 members
- Olympia 6,650 photos, 272 members
- Washington State Capitol 717 photos, 112 members
- *-*WHOLLATTA*-*WASHINGTON*-* 99,553 photos, 1,456 members
- Baltimore Pride 1 photo, 1 member
- CLAVE BLACK 13,524 photos, 3,702 members
- Border Collie Crazy 7,938 photos, 372 members
- Border Collies 14,991 photos, 968 members
- Border Collie 44,420 photos, 2,815 members
- Australian Cattle Dogs 12,036 photos, 1,159 members
- Australian Cattle Dog 2,212 photos, 122 members
- Australian Cattle Dog Fever 5,046 photos, 429 members
- Middle River, Maryland 6 photos, 1 member
- Galveston Island 3,638 photos, 50 members
- Visit Galveston Island 733 photos, 32 members
- Galveston 7,303 photos, 226 members
- Galveston, Texas 16,184 photos, 909 members
- FRANCE PHOTO 5,044 photos, 266 members
- France 680,178 photos, 12,743 members
- D Day 6 June 1944 12,802 photos, 1,041 members
- Le Havre 9,191 photos, 462 members
- Normandy, Normandie 24,102 photos, 2,260 members
- Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial 215 photos, 62 members
- L'entourage Normandie 14,616 photos, 749 members
- Women's March on Washington, DC 10 photos, 2 members
- 2017 Inauguration Day 30 photos, 4 members
- After Dark - Night Photography 880,617 photos, 48,675 members
- Architecture 1,860,242 photos, 103,911 members
- Houston 23,677 photos, 1,112 members
- Texas -The Lone Star State - Tejas - TX - All The Great Views 115,733 photos, 2,981 members
- *****City Night Lights***** - - Luces de la ciudad nocturna - - 163,848 photos, 12,408 members
- Houston, Texas 63,544 photos, 2,743 members
- NUESTROS AMIGOS LOS PERROS 33,078 photos, 1,818 members
- Philadelphia, PA 60,029 photos, 1,600 members
- Philadelphia Street & Documentary Photography 32,428 photos, 1,210 members
- Siamese Photos 2,806 photos, 331 members
- Seal Point Siamese Cats 250 photos, 28 members
- Siamese Cats 15,539 photos, 1,938 members
- 2016 Presidential Election 580 photos, 29 members
- Bernie Sanders 2016 Presidential Campaign 571 photos, 123 members
- DCist Photos 179,496 photos, 4,548 members
- SONY Alpha A7, A7r, A7S, A7 II & A7r II 271,646 photos, 7,432 members
- The Color Run 6,509 photos, 351 members
- U.S. Border Patrol (USBP) 912 photos, 276 members
- H Street, NE 783 photos, 80 members
- USCapitol 388 photos, 72 members
- Congressional Cemetery - Washington DC 399 photos, 32 members
- DC Neighborhoods 20,144 photos, 946 members
- Capitol Hill photos for TheHillisHome.com 6,404 photos, 147 members
- Sony A7RII Images 22,305 photos, 616 members
"I could rave on and on about what a wonderful photographer Bill is but anyone can tell that by perusing his photos. I could also tell you that Bill is wonderfully intelligent, has a fantastic sense of humor, and is about the kindest person you could ever meet. But again, that is old news. Bill is more than an amazing photographer, stellar person, and fantastic friend. If I were to pick any person to spend a day at the spa with, it would be Bill :-)"
June 14th, 2009
"bill is ... unique ... really ... he is ...
inspiring, kind, and generous ...
always helpful and sincere ...
his stream makes your day better ...
i've wanted to meet bill for awhile ...
but now, i'm not sure it's a good idea ...
this testimonial has, more than likely,
annoyed him ... he may kill me ..."
June 20th, 2009
"Bill has enriched my life just by posting photos on Flickr. Amazing. I am glad to have found him and hope one day to meet him in the flesh.. er... I meant... face to face. Thank you Bill. You inspire me and make me laugh. And I find myself wondering (at least once a week) if the terrorist bird has knocked on your window today."
May 16th, 2008
bewildered tin says:
"I know what I say here may very well go completely unnoticed by Bill... considering he speaks Hawaiianese.... but here goes it.... ...... Wow!... he has a lot of testimonials... jeeze.. he MUST be good... I do know he is one of my favorite friends on flickr... he's one of those people you instantly like very much... similar to a long lost brother, or a slightly abusive uncle.... (not that kind....) the one that taught you how to fight by beating the hell out of you... remember.??.... then one day.. the uncle says (after you wallop him in the chin by accident).... "you know, you're all right kid"...... and.. finally contrary to rumors... Bill's not gay, but if he were, there'd be nothing wrong with that..... but seriously..... check out his stream..... its FULL of wonderful fave-worthy images and scads of witty humor abound....."
April 3rd, 2008
Ollie girl says:
March 4th, 2008
protective cactus says:
"Bill's the best.
A damn fine person, a gifted photographer...a kind and generous person who i admire, respect and draw inspiration from...
thank you for all you have shared and continue to express through your photography and random acts of kindness."
March 4th, 2008
"Easily the most talented photographer I have ever met, and the coolest guy I have ever talked to! What an inspiration and challenge to view his work, and super funny, to boot!!"
January 28th, 2008
"two things you know for a fact whenever you visit bill's photostream is 1. the photos will blow you away and 2. his wit & humor will have you rolling on the floor. bill amazes me day after day with his artistry in photography. he makes even the simplest images look like masterpieces. i'm glad he's on flickr because he continues to inspire me daily."
January 10th, 2008
"This is so overdue and something I thought I had already done so I'm about to take care of business right now.
Bill is one of my first contacts here in flickr land.I had just got my first real digital camera a Rebel XT and was brand new to flickr and photography still wet behind the ears so to speak..I had logged on to the home page and since I didn't have any contacts I was looking through everyones photos when I came across a photo that made my jaw drop,Unfortunately I can't recall exactly what it was but I do remember thinking it was one of the most beautiful photos I had ever seen.I also realized at that moment that this was the kind of quality work I wanted to do.It was Bill's photos that inspired me to learn all that I could about photography.I immediately made Bill my contact and began to fire off a barrage of questions Which Bill politely fielded and answered.One of the first and best pieces of advice he gave me was to obtain and learn to use a good editing program,his exact words were"editing software is to digital photography what the dark room is to film" since that time I have sought his advice many times and he has always been kind enough to take the time to help me out even though it's obvious that he is a busy person.Bill I hope you know how much I appreciate all of your help.Bill's photostream is chock full of beautiful images and his sense of humor is second to none.I think Bill is without a doubt one of the top photographers to be found here in flickrville.I am very honored to have you as a contact and I want you to know what an inspiration you have been to me.Unfortunately my wife wants to kill you,she says you are to blame for all the money I have spent on classes and equipment.Nah just kidding she likes to see your work too.Heres to ya Bill,folks like you are what makes flickr a great place to live and play.Many thanks for all your help."
January 5th, 2008
dark wash says:
"i want to meet all of the people that live in bill's head. we'll all go out for coffee together, and i'll borrow their books and never return them."
November 18th, 2007
"Definitely my most favorite friend on Flickr. Freakin' HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!"
October 25th, 2007
"Bill is hilarious. His humor sparkles in person even more than it does on these pages -- even when he's busy giving you "the finger." ;o) I look forward to seeing him every month at our Flickr Friday lunches, and I look forward to his photography all the time!"
October 18th, 2007
"What I like about Bill is that he is a wonderful friend, an awesome photographer and on top of that he cracks me up!"
October 17th, 2007
LN Ellen says:
"Bill is way too funny to be a mere mortal."
July 19th, 2007
The Rocketeer says:
"Expert in Pig anatomy, Bill Adams is an inspiration to others. His photos are of high technical quality as well as brimming over with humorous overtones... a combination that keeps him on the Explore page quite often."
July 1st, 2007
June 28th, 2007
Son of Groucho says:
"Bill Adams takes pictures of amazing quality, and he makes me laugh. I think he might be quite a clever guy.
What more can I say?"
May 17th, 2007
nonchalant wax says:
"I didn't think Bill had enough testimonials so I figured I'd add my two cents. I hope that was sufficient!
Well while I'm here I might as well say that I think he has a brilliant sense of humor and a wonderful eye for photography. It's a pleasure to view his stream and read the many witty comments he leaves in response to his Flickr friends who comment on his photos."
May 7th, 2007
Syl V. says:
"Bill is a true genius!
And I don't just say that because of the fact that he's my Kona dealer ;)
He makes me wanna be a better photographer... *sniff*"
March 20th, 2007
"If I could only have one person photograph the corpse at my funeral, it would be Bill. Unless he was already dead too…then we’d have to pass out charcoal and drawing pads instead."
March 6th, 2007
"Bill likes to describe me as his hero. i like to describe him as my lover."
March 2nd, 2007
Chance The Gardener says:
"I like to watch."
February 1st, 2007
flagrant sneeze says:
"bill and i met at woodstock. it was love at first sight. we only had our first fight just today so it's been good. here's to 30 more years of blissful courtship bill!"
January 31st, 2007
Ki'i O' Kapa says:
"Bill doesn't accept Testimonials. I'll write one anyway. Bill Adams is an exceptional photographer who shares his life with you through his photographs. He sees the beauty of life in many different forms around him. Together with his brand of humor he takes you on a wonderful journey through his photostreams. If you're in need of help of any kind with your photography or Flickr; you can count on Bill to be there with all of his knowledge. Personally, he is warm and sensitive. I have personally met and spent some time with him, once. In that short time I feel in my heart that I treasure his friendship."
May 4th, 2006
"THIS IS NOT A TESTIMONIAL!
If you think I don't have better things to do than write testimonials for people who won't even accept them, (just because they happen to take great photographs, are always informative and helpful, and have the funniest photostream on flickr) you must be crazy! Jeez! If that were the case, I really would have to get out more! Er ... that's about it, really ... I've just realised I've got to go out ..."
October 14th, 2006
♥ shhexy corin ♥ says:
"My moral guardian, Bill is taking care of my spiritual health.
In other words, he makes a mean Bloody Mary.
And I'm saying that as someone who really knows him. In the biblical sense."
December 25th, 2006
"This is not a testimonial. Really. I swear."
October 7th, 2006
"OK, I won't give you a testimonial...but tell all that you are the Boog Powell of Flickr."
September 30th, 2006
Orange you glad I am not bananas?"
June 23rd, 2006
"Bill doesn't like these."
June 17th, 2006
"This testimonial has not been accepted."
June 7th, 2006
- Bill Adams
- November 2005
- Baltimore, Maryland
- Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- I am:
- About Bill Adams