I currently shoot with an Olympus E-30. All images are saved as RAW+JPEG. My post-processing tools are mostly Linux-based open-source (rawtherapee, enfuse, krita and/or gimp,
kflickr, exiftool). I frequently start up Photoshop CS4 via WINE. I no longer use Photoshop and have switched to krita and/or gimp for image editing.
• Olympus E-30 with an Ownuser Battery Grip
• Olympus E-510 with an Ownuser E51R battery grip
• Tenpa 1.36x ViewFinder Magnifier Eyepiece
• Zuiko 14-54mm f2.8/3.5 lens
• Zuiko 11-22mm f2.8/3.5 lens
• Zuiko 40-150mm f3.5/4.5 kit lens
• Zuiko 70-300mm f4.0/5.6 ED lens
Zuiko 14-42mm f3.5/5.6 kit lens (replaced by the 14-54mm lens)
Legacy Lens Gear
• OM Zuiko 55mm f1.2/16 (legacy) lens
• OM Zuiko 28mm f2.8/22 (legacy) lens
• OM Zuiko 135mm f3.5/22 (legacy) lens
• OM-to-4/3 lens adapter w/focus confirm from jinFinance (on ebay).
• OM-to-4/3 lens adapter from fotodiox
• Marumi 72mm circular polarizer
• Tiffen 67mm circular polarizer
• Hoya 58mm circular polarizer
• Tiffen 58mm GND
• Manfrotto monopod
• Sandisk Ultra II 4GB CF card
• Lexar Platinum II 8GB CF card
• Gadget Infinity V2s wireless flash trigger
• Olympus FL-36 flash
• 40" flash umbrella
• 3'x4' white foam-board reflector
• MSI GT683 laptop Intel i7-2630QM Quad-core 2.0GHz w/16GB RAM
Dell Inspiron 1440 laptop Intel Core2Duo 2.4GHz P8600 w/2.0GB RAM (replaced by the MSI)
Dell e1405 laptop Intel Core Duo 1.6GHz w/ (replaced by Dell 1440) 1GB 2.5GB RAM
• Linux (Kubuntu's 14.04 Trusty Tahr
11.10 Oneiric Ocelot.).
• Spyder2express monitor calibrator (see Color Managed Monitor I for Linux calibration)
Here is a short list of the programs I use in post-processing.
v3.1α v4.0.xα v4.2.0.
Image Stitching & Stacking
v0.7.0- Image stitching.
enfuse v4.0 - Image blending.
qtpfsgui a.k.a Luminance HDR.
• Photoshop CS2 CS4 running via WINE (v1.2.2).
• GIMP v2.8
v2.6.1 (when I need to edit 8-bit images).
• krita v2.8.1.
• exiftool - Read and write EXIF and IPTC tags.
kflickr (upload to flickr)
• digikam v2.5.0 (DAM)
I used to shoot with the Olympus E-510.
Before the E-510 it was a Canon S3 IS.
Before that it was a Konica Minolta/DiMAGE Z2.
My first foray into digital photography was with a P&S Olympus Camedia D-550 3MP.
Stopped shooting with my venerable Olympus OM-2 in 2003. However, I still use my legacy OM lens on the E-30.
BTW, I write code for a living, not that it makes me a better photographer.
Interestingness (as ranked by flickr) photos by me.
- US Rivers, Creeks, Waterfalls and Lakes 8,167 photos, 448 members
- Hugin Users Group 18,344 photos, 1,647 members
- Food Glorious Food 289,691 photos, 10,707 members
- Sun | Sky | Cloud 318,727 photos, 12,639 members
- California Nature 35,279 photos, 1,299 members
- Travel Planet 272,122 photos, 5,845 members
- California Photographer 40,152 photos, 2,099 members
- landscape around the world 482,399 photos, 23,205 members
- Waterfalls 189,016 photos, 22,170 members
- California Photography 97,063 photos, 3,628 members
- Landscapes 101 (Unlimited) 649,103 photos, 14,493 members
- MOUNTAIN 139,638 photos, 11,834 members
- Landscape photography 1,966,063 photos, 84,675 members
- California Landscape and Seascape 80,007 photos, 3,171 members
- Best of U.S. National Parks 29,540 photos, 3,544 members
- Black and White 6,892,829 photos, 356,745 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 1,792,132 photos, 66,472 members
- Cell Phone Photography 378,718 photos, 11,565 members
- visit the world - the travel guide 3,737,993 photos, 90,845 members
- Un-enhanced American West 50,041 photos, 1,490 members
- U.S. National Parks 210,743 photos, 18,866 members
- Sign of the Times (All Types of Signs) 137,024 photos, 4,132 members
- Chinatowns of the World 8,270 photos, 824 members
- Travel Photography 4,732,165 photos, 144,955 members
- HDR Unlimited 457,004 photos, 15,867 members
- Architecture 1,815,171 photos, 102,058 members
- ≈ monochrome ≈ 616,327 photos, 17,100 members
- WorldLandscapes 495,058 photos, 13,329 members
- All kind of Landscapes 414,385 photos, 19,987 members
- I Use Olympus Cameras 217,166 photos, 2,145 members
- Panorama World 48,061 photos, 3,189 members
- AIA 150: America's Favorite Architecture 4,293 photos, 1,142 members
- The Shores of California 34,578 photos, 2,252 members
- Clouds, Storms, Sunsets & Sunrises 660,171 photos, 31,986 members
- Lighthouses of the World 95,901 photos, 13,352 members
- LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS 148,821 photos, 22,240 members
- Lighthouses of West Coast 4,339 photos, 1,007 members
- Beautiful California 147,090 photos, 3,985 members
- Water... Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, Creeks 1,471,947 photos, 63,464 members
- W I D E S C R E E N 86,516 photos, 4,426 members
- California Coast (The California Coast) 51,239 photos, 2,103 members
- Luminance HDR / Qtpfsgui 32,607 photos, 2,896 members
- * Vanishing Points * 216,055 photos, 43,081 members
- Urban Excellence 129,775 photos, 3,562 members
- BW and Sepia 327,201 photos, 9,912 members
- Buildings/Architecture 1,327,794 photos, 47,312 members
- FLICKR NATURE 3,638,313 photos, 63,157 members
- ! * Urban LIFE in Metropolis //// 795,959 photos, 14,630 members
- Art in Public Spaces - 3 per day 69,591 photos, 1,902 members
- Olympus E-30 38,499 photos, 747 members
Bill Lim doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- May 2006
- Write software in Perl, C++, Java, python