I spent 14 years as a professional photographer, the bulk of which was in the Royal Air Force.
Now I'm a physics undergraduate and full-time father so I don't have many opportunities to get out and about with my DSLR.
I have met some wonderful minds through Flickr who've helped to inspire me a great deal - you know who you are, and I thank you!
I hope my more unusual images will also inspire other people to have a go - so get out there and try it!!
After requests from publishers asking to use my images like I'm some kind of 'Publishers' Support Charity', I've recently taken to blocking users who favourite my images, yet have no images themselves.
Why would you do that? Unless you're scrounging round for free images.
Any publishers out there that would like the opportunity to use my images, it would be great Kudos for your portfolio and I promise to credit you...
Some places I've been to:
create your personalized map of europe
create your own visited countries map
I've also been to Ascension Island, but it doesn't show up on here - it's too small!
Photos of CraigMarston (2)
- MASTER CLASS PHOTOGRAPHY!! 24,417 photos, 1,212 members
- OUSA Photography 10,736 photos, 209 members
- Project Weather 630,990 photos, 93,869 members
- BBC Summerwatch (Official) 232,720 photos, 8,778 members
- Flickr Friday 37,401 photos, 41,049 members
- Rotherham Photographers 10,367 photos, 98 members
- Magna - Visitor Photos 327 photos, 25 members
- Views: 10,000 46,324 photos, 6,793 members
- BBC Bang Themes - CLOSED 90 photos, 48 members
- Sheffield City of Culture 245 photos, 55 members
- Manfrotto Official 72,066 photos, 2,753 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 403,483 photos, 104,305 members
- CHARITY PRINT AUCTIONS - PHILIPPINES 0 photos, 1,319 members
- Lego Bands 1,062 photos, 115 members
- AOLM- Adventures Of Lego Men 24,634 photos, 896 members
- Custom LEGO Minifigs 52,976 photos, 2,552 members
- LEGO WIP 14,354 photos, 1,340 members
- MAKE 68,003 photos, 7,987 members
- Sheffield Forum photography group 7,164 photos, 125 members
- Creative Sheffield 4,645 photos, 156 members
- Sheffield Guesswhere 28 photos, 90 members
- Sheffield 45,475 photos, 2,349 members
- steampunk 29,088 photos, 3,789 members
- I didn't know that was there? 2,698 photos, 228 members
- Arsey Signs 8 photos, 19 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 502,038 photos, 21,430 members
- Room 222 576 photos, 108 members
- FUJI WORLD 1,295 photos, 38 members
- Band Promos 31,430 photos, 8,224 members
- Esteban 15 photos, 2 members
- East Staffordshire Scenes 735 photos, 41 members
- YourPhotoTips.com 88,792 photos, 6,286 members
- Big UK Flickrmeets 934 photos, 145 members
- Fuji s5 Pro 44,069 photos, 2,088 members
- Infrared UK & Ireland 9,275 photos, 993 members
- Making Fun of Your Friends 53 photos, 31 members
- Red and Blue/Comment on 2 26,911 photos, 3,117 members
- SS Photo Challenge 9 photos, 13 members
- The Nikon FM series (FM, FM-10, FM2 & FM3) 70,262 photos, 4,653 members
- Bovinity 243 photos, 45 members
- Cool Britain 86,355 photos, 1,015 members
- Views: 5000 87,314 photos, 8,534 members
- Expression 665 photos, 86 members
- Things that make Britain Great. 19,843 photos, 245 members
- Stupidity is a Choice ! 723 photos, 117 members
- Ultra Wide Angles 31,393 photos, 1,947 members
- I don't need Photoshop 1,883 photos, 163 members
- Views: 4000 46,995 photos, 6,955 members
- minimum 1500 views 67,068 photos, 1,847 members
- Portrait Classics - COMPETITIONS to resume soon - Members Only 14,555 photos, 7,093 members
Matt Ibbs says:
"Writing this about Craig is long overdue. There isn't much to say that hasn't already been said, so I'll keep it short.
Browse through Craig's photostream and you'll find a guy who loves his friends and family and has a whole lot of fun out of life while he's doing it. There is humour in nearly all of his photos so it's well worth the time taken to go through from one end to the other. It is SO good to see great photos from someone who is really enjoying themselves.
Craig, sorry I didn't do this sooner."
October 15th, 2007
"Craig and I have never met, but began chatting 'virtually' some five years (or so) ago, due to a mutual friend.
A couple of years ago, another friend introduced me to Flickr and it was there that I first saw some of Craig's work. I was, and have been ever since, very impressed. He has inspired me with technical and aesthetic ideas alike and always lends a helping hand with photographic advice - only too pleased to share the wealth!
Craig, it's your fault mate, that I am stuck to this stupid computer keyboard for so many hours a day and get so much grief from my long-suffering partner Elena.
Craig is another friend I hope to meet one day. Power to your lens!"
August 31st, 2007
Sam Knox says:
"What can I say about Craig?
Don't give him coffee or sugar.
Craig has been a close and trusted friend for many years now, and I have deep and profound respect for his skills as a photographer, an artist, a musician, and an all round great guy.
Craig introduced me to the wondrous hypercative pleasures of pocket coffee's, and he was the creative genius behind my wedding photo's back in September 2000.
His fascination with technology and gadgets leaves me breathless, and I sometimes struggle to keep up with his techy talk (and I'm a collossal geek myself too).
What a guy!
Oh, did I mention he has a brilliant website at www.MarstonPhotog... ?"
August 26th, 2007
"Craig takes some great photos. :)"
September 21st, 2006
Neil says says:
"Craig's sense of humor is what first got my attention and he has remained one of the funniest people I know on Flickr. He has a serious thing about the color blue and do check out the great IR pictures in his stream. A word of warning though: Craig always has to have the last word! Just accept that and you'll love his stuff.
[Ed: No I don't!]"
June 25th, 2006
tricky (rick harrison) says:
"It's always great to see Craig's photos, partly through them being so inventive and fun, partly cos they're so colourful (i hear pantone are in talks with him to licence some of the new colours he's discovered), and partly for his sense of humour evident in both his photos and comments!"
June 13th, 2006
"I like so much to visit [CraigMarston's photostream] :)
He has a great scenes. Here is the world such as a movie, and sense of humor! really amazing! Thank you for sharing with us your wonderful photos. :D"
May 29th, 2006
"I'm new to both Flickr and the Pro world, but over the last six months Craig has been both an inspiration and support to me. His pictures are something I aspire to and his comments are always an encouragement! I met him simply because we use the same camera body, but now I value his advice above all else, and wish that everyone here shared his generosity and insight. I consider myself fortunate to know him and I hope that you enjoy his outstanding work as much as I do."
April 7th, 2006
"knowing craig means a lot to me.
he saved my day many times with his wacky humor.
he´s one of the funniest guys here on this flickr-planet.
apart from that,he´s one hell of a photographer with an
excellent eye for brilliant wide landscape sceneries
and brutal good macro shots.
he just kills me ,blows me outta my pants,
when he´s doing some of
his outstanding b & whites.
i don´t have any idea how to create such beautiful b & w images.
puuuh,good for me that i know him.
watch his stuff and enjoy !!
cheers, mate !!
many thanx,guido !!"
September 9th, 2005
"Craig - I know you since only one month or so - but you brought such bundle of soulfulness in my life with all your comments - that the only thing I can do - is to thank you from full heart !
And your photos are so inspiring - beautiful and sophisticated - that I only can say - Thank you - and stay with us - Moon"
September 4th, 2005
James Hollier says:
"Craig's creative personality and avant-garde sense of humour, combines with
his understanding of technology to produce images, that are not only fresh
and exiting but extol all the traditional virtues of photography
(composition, focus and exposure), extracting the highest quality from what
ever photographic medium he may be working in whether it be digital or
September 3rd, 2005
- Craig Marston
- March 2005
- The Sheffield-Rotherham Frontier, United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Dad. Student. House-husband.
- Craig Marston