I spent 14 years as a professional photographer, the bulk of which was in the Royal Air Force.
Now I'm a physics undergraduate and full-time father so I don't have many opportunities to get out and about with my DSLR.
I have met some wonderful minds through Flickr who've helped to inspire me a great deal - you know who you are, and I thank you!
I hope my more unusual images will also inspire other people to have a go - so get out there and try it!!
After requests from publishers asking to use my images like I'm some kind of 'Publishers' Support Charity', I've recently taken to blocking users who favourite my images, yet have no images themselves.
Why would you do that? Unless you're scrounging round for free images.
Any publishers out there that would like the opportunity to use my images, it would be great Kudos for your portfolio and I promise to credit you...
Some places I've been to:
create your personalized map of europe
create your own visited countries map
I've also been to Ascension Island, but it doesn't show up on here - it's too small!
Photos of CraigMarston (2)
- OUSA Photography 10,405 photos, 211 members
- Project Weather 642,405 photos, 93,965 members
- BBC Summerwatch (Official) 237,572 photos, 8,831 members
- Flickr Friday 25,749 photos, 34,444 members
- Rotherham Photographers 9,597 photos, 91 members
- Magna - Visitor Photos 331 photos, 25 members
- Views: 10000 25,992 photos, 5,846 members
- BBC Bang Themes - CLOSED 93 photos, 50 members
- Sheffield City of Culture 252 photos, 56 members
- Manfrotto Official 55,737 photos, 2,638 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 409,605 photos, 105,629 members
- CHARITY PRINT AUCTIONS - PHILIPPINES 0 photos, 1,341 members
- Lego Bands 567 photos, 95 members
- AOLM- Adventures Of Lego Men 21,416 photos, 874 members
- Custom LEGO Minifigs 41,905 photos, 2,258 members
- LEGO WIP 10,268 photos, 1,190 members
- MAKE 65,515 photos, 8,052 members
- Sheffield Forum photography group 6,071 photos, 115 members
- Creative Sheffield 3,574 photos, 152 members
- Sheffield Guesswhere 28 photos, 92 members
- Sheffield 44,617 photos, 2,325 members
- steampunk 26,158 photos, 3,634 members
- I didn't know that was there? 3,557 photos, 229 members
- Arsey Signs 8 photos, 19 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 457,898 photos, 21,295 members
- Room 222 575 photos, 110 members
- FUJI WORLD 1,296 photos, 39 members
- Band Promos 31,645 photos, 8,249 members
- Esteban 15 photos, 2 members
- East Staffordshire Scenes 532 photos, 36 members
- YourPhotoTips.com 79,077 photos, 6,276 members
- Big UK Flickrmeets 934 photos, 149 members
- Fuji s5 Pro 43,017 photos, 2,003 members
- Infrared UK & Ireland 8,139 photos, 915 members
- Making Fun of Your Friends 59 photos, 31 members
- Red and Blue/Comment on 2 24,628 photos, 3,052 members
- SS Photo Challenge 9 photos, 13 members
- The Nikon FM series (FM, FM-10, FM2 & FM3) 65,765 photos, 4,327 members
- Bovinity 260 photos, 37 members
- Cool Britain 72,271 photos, 960 members
- Views: 5000 50,196 photos, 7,072 members
- Expression 556 photos, 80 members
- Things that make Britain Great. 15,415 photos, 225 members
- Stupidity is a Choice ! 703 photos, 112 members
- Ultra Wide Angles 25,255 photos, 1,755 members
- I don't need Photoshop 1,901 photos, 164 members
- Views: 4000 32,499 photos, 5,626 members
- minimum 1500 views 35,146 photos, 1,292 members
- Portrait Classics - COMPETITIONS to resume soon - Members Only 13,266 photos, 6,881 members
- Stone Circles 7,938 photos, 1,336 members
Matt Ibbs says:
"Writing this about Craig is long overdue. There isn't much to say that hasn't already been said, so I'll keep it short.
Browse through Craig's photostream and you'll find a guy who loves his friends and family and has a whole lot of fun out of life while he's doing it. There is humour in nearly all of his photos so it's well worth the time taken to go through from one end to the other. It is SO good to see great photos from someone who is really enjoying themselves.
Craig, sorry I didn't do this sooner."
October 15th, 2007
"Craig and I have never met, but began chatting 'virtually' some five years (or so) ago, due to a mutual friend.
A couple of years ago, another friend introduced me to Flickr and it was there that I first saw some of Craig's work. I was, and have been ever since, very impressed. He has inspired me with technical and aesthetic ideas alike and always lends a helping hand with photographic advice - only too pleased to share the wealth!
Craig, it's your fault mate, that I am stuck to this stupid computer keyboard for so many hours a day and get so much grief from my long-suffering partner Elena.
Craig is another friend I hope to meet one day. Power to your lens!"
August 31st, 2007
Sam Knox says:
"What can I say about Craig?
Don't give him coffee or sugar.
Craig has been a close and trusted friend for many years now, and I have deep and profound respect for his skills as a photographer, an artist, a musician, and an all round great guy.
Craig introduced me to the wondrous hypercative pleasures of pocket coffee's, and he was the creative genius behind my wedding photo's back in September 2000.
His fascination with technology and gadgets leaves me breathless, and I sometimes struggle to keep up with his techy talk (and I'm a collossal geek myself too).
What a guy!
Oh, did I mention he has a brilliant website at www.MarstonPhotog... ?"
August 26th, 2007
"Craig takes some great photos. :)"
September 21st, 2006
Neil says says:
"Craig's sense of humor is what first got my attention and he has remained one of the funniest people I know on Flickr. He has a serious thing about the color blue and do check out the great IR pictures in his stream. A word of warning though: Craig always has to have the last word! Just accept that and you'll love his stuff.
[Ed: No I don't!]"
June 25th, 2006
tricky (rick harrison) says:
"It's always great to see Craig's photos, partly through them being so inventive and fun, partly cos they're so colourful (i hear pantone are in talks with him to licence some of the new colours he's discovered), and partly for his sense of humour evident in both his photos and comments!"
June 13th, 2006
"I like so much to visit [CraigMarston's photostream] :)
He has a great scenes. Here is the world such as a movie, and sense of humor! really amazing! Thank you for sharing with us your wonderful photos. :D"
May 29th, 2006
"I'm new to both Flickr and the Pro world, but over the last six months Craig has been both an inspiration and support to me. His pictures are something I aspire to and his comments are always an encouragement! I met him simply because we use the same camera body, but now I value his advice above all else, and wish that everyone here shared his generosity and insight. I consider myself fortunate to know him and I hope that you enjoy his outstanding work as much as I do."
April 7th, 2006
"knowing craig means a lot to me.
he saved my day many times with his wacky humor.
he´s one of the funniest guys here on this flickr-planet.
apart from that,he´s one hell of a photographer with an
excellent eye for brilliant wide landscape sceneries
and brutal good macro shots.
he just kills me ,blows me outta my pants,
when he´s doing some of
his outstanding b & whites.
i don´t have any idea how to create such beautiful b & w images.
puuuh,good for me that i know him.
watch his stuff and enjoy !!
cheers, mate !!
many thanx,guido !!"
September 9th, 2005
"Craig - I know you since only one month or so - but you brought such bundle of soulfulness in my life with all your comments - that the only thing I can do - is to thank you from full heart !
And your photos are so inspiring - beautiful and sophisticated - that I only can say - Thank you - and stay with us - Moon"
September 4th, 2005
James Hollier says:
"Craig's creative personality and avant-garde sense of humour, combines with
his understanding of technology to produce images, that are not only fresh
and exiting but extol all the traditional virtues of photography
(composition, focus and exposure), extracting the highest quality from what
ever photographic medium he may be working in whether it be digital or
September 3rd, 2005
- Craig Marston
- March 2005
- The Sheffield-Rotherham Frontier, United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Dad. Student. House-husband.
- Craig Marston