I spent 14 years as a professional photographer, the bulk of which was in the Royal Air Force.
Now I'm a physics undergraduate and full-time father so I don't have many opportunities to get out and about with my DSLR.
I have met some wonderful minds through Flickr who've helped to inspire me a great deal - you know who you are, and I thank you!
I hope my more unusual images will also inspire other people to have a go - so get out there and try it!!
After requests from publishers asking to use my images like I'm some kind of 'Publishers' Support Charity', I've recently taken to blocking users who favourite my images, yet have no images themselves.
Why would you do that? Unless you're scrounging round for free images.
Any publishers out there that would like the opportunity to use my images, it would be great Kudos for your portfolio and I promise to credit you...
Some places I've been to:
create your personalized map of europe
create your own visited countries map
I've also been to Ascension Island, but it doesn't show up on here - it's too small!
Photos of CraigMarston (2)
- Flickr Friday 17,049 photos, 25,720 members
- Rotherham Shutterbugs 7,693 photos, 79 members
- Magna - Visitor Photos 331 photos, 26 members
- Views: 10000 14,839 photos, 4,478 members
- BBC Bang Themes - CLOSED 91 photos, 49 members
- Sheffield City of Culture 252 photos, 57 members
- Manfrotto Official 37,305 photos, 2,408 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 417,016 photos, 106,036 members
- CHARITY PRINT AUCTIONS - PHILIPPINES 0 photos, 1,360 members
- Lego Bands 292 photos, 79 members
- AOLM- Adventures Of Lego Men 18,654 photos, 844 members
- Custom LEGO Minifigs 33,518 photos, 1,957 members
- LEGO WIP 6,884 photos, 1,033 members
- MAKE 63,699 photos, 8,013 members
- Sheffield Forum photography group 4,756 photos, 97 members
- Creative Sheffield 2,043 photos, 129 members
- Sheffield Guesswhere 28 photos, 94 members
- Sheffield 42,595 photos, 2,256 members
- steampunk 23,001 photos, 3,392 members
- I didn't know that was there? 2,136 photos, 229 members
- Arsey Signs 8 photos, 19 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 384,771 photos, 20,598 members
- Room 222 603 photos, 110 members
- FUJI WORLD 1,344 photos, 39 members
- Band Promos 30,939 photos, 8,098 members
- Esteban 15 photos, 2 members
- East Staffordshire Scenes 521 photos, 35 members
- YourPhotoTips.com 68,620 photos, 6,181 members
- Big UK Flickrmeets 940 photos, 151 members
- Fuji s5 Pro 41,937 photos, 1,959 members
- Infrared UK & Ireland 6,701 photos, 826 members
- Making Fun of Your Friends 65 photos, 32 members
- Red and Blue/Comment on 2 23,857 photos, 2,966 members
- SS Photo Challenge 9 photos, 13 members
- The Nikon FM series (FM, FM-10, FM2 & FM3) 61,045 photos, 3,986 members
- Bovinity 191 photos, 33 members
- Cool Britain 59,809 photos, 898 members
- Views: 5000 22,723 photos, 5,378 members
- Expression 595 photos, 70 members
- Things that make Britain Great. 4,268 photos, 186 members
- Stupidity is a Choice ! 810 photos, 109 members
- Ultra Wide Angles 19,831 photos, 1,546 members
- I don't need Photoshop 1,917 photos, 162 members
- Views: 4000 11,412 photos, 4,173 members
- minimum 1500 views 11,621 photos, 683 members
- Portrait Classics - COMPETITIONS to resume soon - Members Only 12,493 photos, 6,507 members
- Stone Circles 7,065 photos, 1,259 members
- That British Eccentricity - A Very British Celebration 4,613 photos, 450 members
- Flickr Blue 62,415 photos, 4,336 members
- BLUE BLUE BLUE 160,051 photos, 8,699 members
"Writing this about Craig is long overdue. There isn't much to say that hasn't already been said, so I'll keep it short.
Browse through Craig's photostream and you'll find a guy who loves his friends and family and has a whole lot of fun out of life while he's doing it. There is humour in nearly all of his photos so it's well worth the time taken to go through from one end to the other. It is SO good to see great photos from someone who is really enjoying themselves.
Craig, sorry I didn't do this sooner."
October 15th, 2007
"Craig and I have never met, but began chatting 'virtually' some five years (or so) ago, due to a mutual friend.
A couple of years ago, another friend introduced me to Flickr and it was there that I first saw some of Craig's work. I was, and have been ever since, very impressed. He has inspired me with technical and aesthetic ideas alike and always lends a helping hand with photographic advice - only too pleased to share the wealth!
Craig, it's your fault mate, that I am stuck to this stupid computer keyboard for so many hours a day and get so much grief from my long-suffering partner Elena.
Craig is another friend I hope to meet one day. Power to your lens!"
August 31st, 2007
Sam Knox says:
"What can I say about Craig?
Don't give him coffee or sugar.
Craig has been a close and trusted friend for many years now, and I have deep and profound respect for his skills as a photographer, an artist, a musician, and an all round great guy.
Craig introduced me to the wondrous hypercative pleasures of pocket coffee's, and he was the creative genius behind my wedding photo's back in September 2000.
His fascination with technology and gadgets leaves me breathless, and I sometimes struggle to keep up with his techy talk (and I'm a collossal geek myself too).
What a guy!
Oh, did I mention he has a brilliant website at www.MarstonPhotog... ?"
August 26th, 2007
"Craig takes some great photos. :)"
September 21st, 2006
Neil says says:
"Craig's sense of humor is what first got my attention and he has remained one of the funniest people I know on Flickr. He has a serious thing about the color blue and do check out the great IR pictures in his stream. A word of warning though: Craig always has to have the last word! Just accept that and you'll love his stuff.
[Ed: No I don't!]"
June 25th, 2006
tricky (rick harrison) says:
"It's always great to see Craig's photos, partly through them being so inventive and fun, partly cos they're so colourful (i hear pantone are in talks with him to licence some of the new colours he's discovered), and partly for his sense of humour evident in both his photos and comments!"
June 13th, 2006
"I like so much to visit [CraigMarston's photostream] :)
He has a great scenes. Here is the world such as a movie, and sense of humor! really amazing! Thank you for sharing with us your wonderful photos. :D"
May 29th, 2006
"I'm new to both Flickr and the Pro world, but over the last six months Craig has been both an inspiration and support to me. His pictures are something I aspire to and his comments are always an encouragement! I met him simply because we use the same camera body, but now I value his advice above all else, and wish that everyone here shared his generosity and insight. I consider myself fortunate to know him and I hope that you enjoy his outstanding work as much as I do."
April 7th, 2006
"knowing craig means a lot to me.
he saved my day many times with his wacky humor.
he´s one of the funniest guys here on this flickr-planet.
apart from that,he´s one hell of a photographer with an
excellent eye for brilliant wide landscape sceneries
and brutal good macro shots.
he just kills me ,blows me outta my pants,
when he´s doing some of
his outstanding b & whites.
i don´t have any idea how to create such beautiful b & w images.
puuuh,good for me that i know him.
watch his stuff and enjoy !!
cheers, mate !!
many thanx,guido !!"
September 9th, 2005
"Craig - I know you since only one month or so - but you brought such bundle of soulfulness in my life with all your comments - that the only thing I can do - is to thank you from full heart !
And your photos are so inspiring - beautiful and sophisticated - that I only can say - Thank you - and stay with us - Moon"
September 4th, 2005
James Hollier says:
"Craig's creative personality and avant-garde sense of humour, combines with
his understanding of technology to produce images, that are not only fresh
and exiting but extol all the traditional virtues of photography
(composition, focus and exposure), extracting the highest quality from what
ever photographic medium he may be working in whether it be digital or
September 3rd, 2005
- Craig Marston
- March 2005
- The Sheffield-Rotherham Frontier, United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Dad. Student. House-husband.
- Craig Marston