I spent 14 years as a professional photographer, the bulk of which was in the Royal Air Force.
Now I'm a physics undergraduate and full-time father so I don't have many opportunities to get out and about with my DSLR.
I have met some wonderful minds through Flickr who've helped to inspire me a great deal - you know who you are, and I thank you!
I hope my more unusual images will also inspire other people to have a go - so get out there and try it!!
After requests from publishers asking to use my images like I'm some kind of 'Publishers' Support Charity', I've recently taken to blocking users who favourite my images, yet have no images themselves.
Why would you do that? Unless you're scrounging round for free images.
Any publishers out there that would like the opportunity to use my images, it would be great Kudos for your portfolio and I promise to credit you...
Some places I've been to:
create your personalized map of europe
create your own visited countries map
I've also been to Ascension Island, but it doesn't show up on here - it's too small!
Photos of CraigMarston (2)
- Project Weather 634,754 photos, 90,783 members
- BBC Summerwatch (Official) 195,487 photos, 8,280 members
- Flickr Friday 19,782 photos, 29,782 members
- Rotherham Shutterbugs 8,328 photos, 83 members
- Magna - Visitor Photos 331 photos, 26 members
- Views: 10000 16,554 photos, 4,955 members
- BBC Bang Themes - CLOSED 81 photos, 49 members
- Sheffield City of Culture 252 photos, 57 members
- Manfrotto Official 42,820 photos, 2,493 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 414,039 photos, 105,925 members
- CHARITY PRINT AUCTIONS - PHILIPPINES 0 photos, 1,354 members
- Lego Bands 316 photos, 84 members
- AOLM- Adventures Of Lego Men 19,659 photos, 849 members
- Custom LEGO Minifigs 36,179 photos, 2,053 members
- LEGO WIP 7,860 photos, 1,069 members
- MAKE 64,794 photos, 8,049 members
- Sheffield Forum photography group 5,130 photos, 102 members
- Creative Sheffield 2,582 photos, 138 members
- Sheffield Guesswhere 28 photos, 94 members
- Sheffield 43,322 photos, 2,271 members
- steampunk 23,922 photos, 3,480 members
- I didn't know that was there? 2,563 photos, 228 members
- Arsey Signs 8 photos, 19 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 408,470 photos, 20,904 members
- Room 222 587 photos, 110 members
- FUJI WORLD 1,344 photos, 39 members
- Band Promos 31,183 photos, 8,168 members
- Esteban 15 photos, 2 members
- East Staffordshire Scenes 528 photos, 36 members
- YourPhotoTips.com 71,527 photos, 6,218 members
- Big UK Flickrmeets 939 photos, 151 members
- Fuji s5 Pro 42,388 photos, 1,979 members
- Infrared UK & Ireland 7,148 photos, 852 members
- Making Fun of Your Friends 64 photos, 31 members
- Red and Blue/Comment on 2 23,021 photos, 2,981 members
- SS Photo Challenge 9 photos, 13 members
- The Nikon FM series (FM, FM-10, FM2 & FM3) 62,482 photos, 4,094 members
- Bovinity 191 photos, 33 members
- Cool Britain 62,687 photos, 913 members
- Views: 5000 29,299 photos, 5,957 members
- Expression 524 photos, 70 members
- Things that make Britain Great. 5,003 photos, 198 members
- Stupidity is a Choice ! 681 photos, 110 members
- Ultra Wide Angles 21,644 photos, 1,625 members
- I don't need Photoshop 1,900 photos, 163 members
- Views: 4000 16,183 photos, 4,660 members
- minimum 1500 views 17,359 photos, 867 members
- Portrait Classics - COMPETITIONS to resume soon - Members Only 12,707 photos, 6,619 members
- Stone Circles 7,277 photos, 1,294 members
- That British Eccentricity - A Very British Celebration 4,707 photos, 453 members
Matt Ibbs says:
"Writing this about Craig is long overdue. There isn't much to say that hasn't already been said, so I'll keep it short.
Browse through Craig's photostream and you'll find a guy who loves his friends and family and has a whole lot of fun out of life while he's doing it. There is humour in nearly all of his photos so it's well worth the time taken to go through from one end to the other. It is SO good to see great photos from someone who is really enjoying themselves.
Craig, sorry I didn't do this sooner."
October 15th, 2007
"Craig and I have never met, but began chatting 'virtually' some five years (or so) ago, due to a mutual friend.
A couple of years ago, another friend introduced me to Flickr and it was there that I first saw some of Craig's work. I was, and have been ever since, very impressed. He has inspired me with technical and aesthetic ideas alike and always lends a helping hand with photographic advice - only too pleased to share the wealth!
Craig, it's your fault mate, that I am stuck to this stupid computer keyboard for so many hours a day and get so much grief from my long-suffering partner Elena.
Craig is another friend I hope to meet one day. Power to your lens!"
August 31st, 2007
Sam Knox says:
"What can I say about Craig?
Don't give him coffee or sugar.
Craig has been a close and trusted friend for many years now, and I have deep and profound respect for his skills as a photographer, an artist, a musician, and an all round great guy.
Craig introduced me to the wondrous hypercative pleasures of pocket coffee's, and he was the creative genius behind my wedding photo's back in September 2000.
His fascination with technology and gadgets leaves me breathless, and I sometimes struggle to keep up with his techy talk (and I'm a collossal geek myself too).
What a guy!
Oh, did I mention he has a brilliant website at www.MarstonPhotog... ?"
August 26th, 2007
"Craig takes some great photos. :)"
September 21st, 2006
Neil says says:
"Craig's sense of humor is what first got my attention and he has remained one of the funniest people I know on Flickr. He has a serious thing about the color blue and do check out the great IR pictures in his stream. A word of warning though: Craig always has to have the last word! Just accept that and you'll love his stuff.
[Ed: No I don't!]"
June 25th, 2006
tricky (rick harrison) says:
"It's always great to see Craig's photos, partly through them being so inventive and fun, partly cos they're so colourful (i hear pantone are in talks with him to licence some of the new colours he's discovered), and partly for his sense of humour evident in both his photos and comments!"
June 13th, 2006
"I like so much to visit [CraigMarston's photostream] :)
He has a great scenes. Here is the world such as a movie, and sense of humor! really amazing! Thank you for sharing with us your wonderful photos. :D"
May 29th, 2006
"I'm new to both Flickr and the Pro world, but over the last six months Craig has been both an inspiration and support to me. His pictures are something I aspire to and his comments are always an encouragement! I met him simply because we use the same camera body, but now I value his advice above all else, and wish that everyone here shared his generosity and insight. I consider myself fortunate to know him and I hope that you enjoy his outstanding work as much as I do."
April 7th, 2006
"knowing craig means a lot to me.
he saved my day many times with his wacky humor.
he´s one of the funniest guys here on this flickr-planet.
apart from that,he´s one hell of a photographer with an
excellent eye for brilliant wide landscape sceneries
and brutal good macro shots.
he just kills me ,blows me outta my pants,
when he´s doing some of
his outstanding b & whites.
i don´t have any idea how to create such beautiful b & w images.
puuuh,good for me that i know him.
watch his stuff and enjoy !!
cheers, mate !!
many thanx,guido !!"
September 9th, 2005
"Craig - I know you since only one month or so - but you brought such bundle of soulfulness in my life with all your comments - that the only thing I can do - is to thank you from full heart !
And your photos are so inspiring - beautiful and sophisticated - that I only can say - Thank you - and stay with us - Moon"
September 4th, 2005
James Hollier says:
"Craig's creative personality and avant-garde sense of humour, combines with
his understanding of technology to produce images, that are not only fresh
and exiting but extol all the traditional virtues of photography
(composition, focus and exposure), extracting the highest quality from what
ever photographic medium he may be working in whether it be digital or
September 3rd, 2005
- Craig Marston
- March 2005
- The Sheffield-Rotherham Frontier, United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Dad. Student. House-husband.
- Craig Marston