I take photographs entirely for fun these days. My current shooters are a Nixon D5600 and a Polaroid SX-70 (and other various 600 and Spectra cameras). I used to shoot with a Nikon D80 (2007-2017), and before that a sundry assortment of unremarkable digital Minoltas and Kodaks.
Everything posted here from 2015 forward is cropping- and Photoshop-free. I'd like to crop and color-correct these photos; oh, believe me, I would f*cking LOVE to crop and color-correct them. But I've taken that option away from myself. We'll just see how that turns out.
- 'RoidWeek 2018 1,468 photos, 346 members
- #1 Las Vegas Locals Photography Club 24,245 photos, 462 members
- Flickritis: Where 81,000 people are still happily infected! 7,155,177 photos, 82,312 members
- Vignette for Android 27,214 photos, 2,045 members
- The murals (and other works) of Seattle's Ryan Henry Ward 73 photos, 10 members
- THE GOOD RED - All the good in red - todo lo bueno en rojo 355 photos, 185 members
- Vinylmation 1,750 photos, 150 members
- Seattle Transit Blog Flickr Pool 16,635 photos, 296 members
- Writing Machines 8,381 photos, 10,657 members
- Las Vegas Fremont Street 2,992 photos, 485 members
- Seattle Bus Shelter Art 118 photos, 33 members
- Stranger Photos 146,055 photos, 3,217 members
- Exploring Disney 1,274 photos, 193 members
- LAS VEGAS - GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN 611 photos, 213 members
- VINYLORAMA 947 photos, 305 members
- *atomic age* 7,241 photos, 1,055 members
- Atomic Age Alliance 1,021 photos, 90 members
- THE LAS VEGAS FLICKR GROUP 17,478 photos, 404 members
- Sustainable Seattle! 548 photos, 102 members
- Ofrendas, Altars, + Shrines for Día de los Muertos 2,884 photos, 471 members
- Space Needle 13,383 photos, 2,372 members
- Olympic Sculpture Park, Seattle, Washington 1,857 photos, 310 members
- Nikon D80 Users 598,638 photos, 23,872 members
- Classic Disneyland Souvenirs 895 photos, 260 members
- Shrines 2,512 photos, 373 members
- Neon Signs 118,345 photos, 8,878 members
- Fremont, Seattle 3,918 photos, 412 members
- Women at Work 6,673 photos, 865 members
- Disney's Adventureland 4,097 photos, 316 members
- Red Rule 667,830 photos, 58,108 members
- Urbanite 174,327 photos, 2,378 members
- Great Wall of Ballard 57 photos, 10 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 3,187 photos, 81,178 members
- !Catchy Colors 4,432,677 photos, 184,207 members
- nighthawks 354,533 photos, 19,992 members
- Seattle Art Scene 457 photos, 421 members
- Disney Architecture 20,922 photos, 1,318 members
- Imagination 523,780 photos, 15,678 members
- !Posers 61,762 photos, 3,117 members
- Seattle Scene 28,452 photos, 2,795 members
- Disney California Adventure 15,099 photos, 835 members
- Mixtapes & cds 1,109 photos, 366 members
- Googie, Anyone? 4,150 photos, 569 members
- Spin! 2,133 photos, 510 members
- Ghost World 307 photos, 5,761 members
- STREETART 708,756 photos, 29,623 members
- Ventanas / Windows 46,580 photos, 3,233 members
- airports 49,386 photos, 5,952 members
- Another Roadside Attraction 8,526 photos, 565 members
- pavement 89,231 photos, 22,280 members
"beatnikside is a genius of monumental proportions...ok now, since I've gotten your attention- this culture mutant has been known to leap tall tales in a single town. he is my compass from sin city to jet city and hopefully still remembers me at my best, even when I'm too old to wonder when that is (;-D)"
April 18th, 2007
Char Mae says:
"That darn Beatnikside.... his pictures are sooooo hip!!!!"
March 26th, 2007
"Geoff's pictures make me happy in my pantalones."
July 3rd, 2006
"If a picture's worth a thousand words, this guy's photos are a freakin' novel, and a best-selling one at that."
February 26th, 2006
Well Wisher says:
"I've been aquainted with Beatnik Sidearm (freakin' GREAT name, by the way) from Live Journal for several years now but I don't know him nearly as well as I should. FANTASTIC writer and chronicler of daily events and inner thoughts, turning the everyday into a little bit of special, king music compilation maker and more. Then, there's the photography. The dude has got it seriously goin' on. A pleasure to be aquainted and I certainly mean to make further strides to know him better. Thanks for sharing your talents, thoughts and humor with the world."
February 9th, 2006
"Your pictures tell so many stories and they're always stories I want to hear.
Okay... idea coming in! ... slideshow.. Morphine's "Let's Take a Trip Together" playing under you narrating the story. Yes! Take us to beatnik land!"
October 8th, 2005
burnt sugar says:
"From Las Vegas to Seattle, Beatnikside's photos define cool, nostalgia and color. He'll take you to sweaty palm moments, rollerblade highs, and technicolor amazement. He's got the right drink, the right moment, and the right comination of grumpy and gracious."
August 16th, 2005
- Geoff Carter
- February 2005
- Las Vegas
- Las Vegas, US
- I am: