I take photographs entirely for fun these days. My current shooters are a Nixon D5600 and a Polaroid SX-70 (and other various 600 and Spectra cameras). I used to shoot with a Nikon D80 (2007-2017), and before that a sundry assortment of unremarkable digital Minoltas and Kodaks.
Everything posted here from 2015 forward is cropping- and Photoshop-free. I'd like to crop and color-correct these photos; oh, believe me, I would f*cking LOVE to crop and color-correct them. But I've taken that option away from myself. We'll just see how that turns out.
- 'RoidWeek 2018 1,488 photos, 337 members
- #1 Las Vegas Locals Photography Club 23,872 photos, 467 members
- Flickritis: Where 81,000 people are still happily infected! 6,875,460 photos, 81,122 members
- Vignette for Android 27,307 photos, 2,049 members
- The murals (and other works) of Seattle's Ryan Henry Ward 73 photos, 10 members
- THE GOOD RED - All the good in red - todo lo bueno en rojo 355 photos, 187 members
- Vinylmation 1,746 photos, 150 members
- Seattle Transit Blog Flickr Pool 16,500 photos, 293 members
- Writing Machines 7,948 photos, 10,597 members
- Las Vegas Fremont Street 2,904 photos, 481 members
- Seattle Bus Shelter Art 118 photos, 33 members
- Stranger Photos 145,916 photos, 3,221 members
- Exploring Disney 1,278 photos, 193 members
- LAS VEGAS - GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN 611 photos, 211 members
- VINYLORAMA 947 photos, 305 members
- *atomic age* 7,242 photos, 1,051 members
- Atomic Age Alliance 1,021 photos, 89 members
- THE LAS VEGAS FLICKR GROUP 17,409 photos, 406 members
- Sustainable Seattle! 546 photos, 102 members
- Ofrendas, Altars, + Shrines for Día de los Muertos 2,893 photos, 469 members
- Space Needle 13,382 photos, 2,372 members
- Olympic Sculpture Park, Seattle, Washington 1,857 photos, 309 members
- Nikon D80 Users 598,691 photos, 23,903 members
- Classic Disneyland Souvenirs 708 photos, 258 members
- Shrines 2,464 photos, 369 members
- Neon Signs 117,088 photos, 8,842 members
- Fremont, Seattle 3,926 photos, 407 members
- Women at Work 6,683 photos, 865 members
- Disney's Adventureland 4,083 photos, 319 members
- Red Rule 661,723 photos, 57,861 members
- Urbanite 172,852 photos, 2,387 members
- Great Wall of Ballard 57 photos, 10 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 3,185 photos, 80,559 members
- !Catchy Colors 4,447,492 photos, 182,860 members
- nighthawks 352,397 photos, 20,026 members
- Seattle Art Scene 468 photos, 421 members
- Disney Architecture 20,525 photos, 1,305 members
- Imagination 520,557 photos, 15,697 members
- !Posers 61,573 photos, 3,100 members
- Seattle Scene 28,287 photos, 2,782 members
- Disney California Adventure 15,015 photos, 829 members
- Mixtapes & cds 1,108 photos, 366 members
- Googie, Anyone? 4,138 photos, 568 members
- Spin! 2,139 photos, 511 members
- Ghost World 308 photos, 5,774 members
- STREETART 700,205 photos, 29,637 members
- Ventanas / Windows 45,937 photos, 3,233 members
- airports 49,350 photos, 5,951 members
- Another Roadside Attraction 8,383 photos, 559 members
- pavement 88,268 photos, 22,184 members
"beatnikside is a genius of monumental proportions...ok now, since I've gotten your attention- this culture mutant has been known to leap tall tales in a single town. he is my compass from sin city to jet city and hopefully still remembers me at my best, even when I'm too old to wonder when that is (;-D)"
April 18th, 2007
Char Mae says:
"That darn Beatnikside.... his pictures are sooooo hip!!!!"
March 26th, 2007
"Geoff's pictures make me happy in my pantalones."
July 3rd, 2006
"If a picture's worth a thousand words, this guy's photos are a freakin' novel, and a best-selling one at that."
February 26th, 2006
Well Wisher says:
"I've been aquainted with Beatnik Sidearm (freakin' GREAT name, by the way) from Live Journal for several years now but I don't know him nearly as well as I should. FANTASTIC writer and chronicler of daily events and inner thoughts, turning the everyday into a little bit of special, king music compilation maker and more. Then, there's the photography. The dude has got it seriously goin' on. A pleasure to be aquainted and I certainly mean to make further strides to know him better. Thanks for sharing your talents, thoughts and humor with the world."
February 9th, 2006
"Your pictures tell so many stories and they're always stories I want to hear.
Okay... idea coming in! ... slideshow.. Morphine's "Let's Take a Trip Together" playing under you narrating the story. Yes! Take us to beatnik land!"
October 8th, 2005
burnt sugar says:
"From Las Vegas to Seattle, Beatnikside's photos define cool, nostalgia and color. He'll take you to sweaty palm moments, rollerblade highs, and technicolor amazement. He's got the right drink, the right moment, and the right comination of grumpy and gracious."
August 16th, 2005
- Geoff Carter
- February 2005
- Las Vegas
- Las Vegas, US
- I am: