Some of my images can be licensed through Getty Images:
The Flickr Marketplace subset can be licensed directly from each photo page in this album: www.flickr.com/photos/beachwalker2007/albums/721576604233...
Collection containing my "Most Interesting" "Explored" "Least Interesting", "100+ faves", 50+ faves", "1000+ views", and five "Random 200" sets that are updated about monthly (since the automatic updated doesn't work anymore): www.flickr.com/photos/beachwalker2007/collections/7215760...
Dieter Schaefer on imagekind
When interested in images not included in the Imagekind Gallery, please contact me via email.
beachwalker on 500px
On Panoramio: www.panoramio.com/user/7268396
Caught the photography bug as a kid when my mom gave me her old 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 camera - an Agfa Isolette folding viewfinder camera if I remember correctly (the camera still sits in a cupboard in my parents house) - to take some pictures during my first vacation; couldn't wait to get something more modern and practical. Purchased my first camera, a Nikon FM with the Nikkor 105mm f/2.5, in 1979. A long list of Nikon cameras and lenses followed - initially, all I could afford to shoot was B&W, then I almost exclusively shot slide film (Agfa in Germany and Kodachrome once I moved to the US). I went digital in late 2004 - this was also my first encounter with AF. Still own a few film cameras that see rather limited use now.
Going digital revived my interest in photography and literally opened my eyes to new opportunities - it transformed my photography from merely documenting what I have seen into actually creating images and overcoming the boundaries I now realized film had confined me too. It is like rediscovering photography all over again and I enjoy the freedom of unlimited shots the digital cameras provide and the option and opportunity to manipulate the images in post-processing.
Suggestions on my images that enable me to improve my photography are very welcome as are corrections on any wrong bird ID you may find.
create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands
visited 32 states (64%)
Create your own visited map of The United States or try another Douwe Osinga project
or check out these Google Hacks.
- Nikkor AF-S 200-500mm f/5.6E ED VR 2,567 photos, 478 members
- NATURE POETRY (by admin approval) P1 ~ C1 6,113 photos, 1,355 members
- ABSOLUTE BLUE! (by admin approval) p1 ~ c1 1,248 photos, 292 members
- Nikon 300mm f/4E PF ED VR AF-S 2,413 photos, 197 members
- Aviation Photographers of Southern California 22,420 photos, 114 members
- in explore 493,598 photos, 45,455 members
- Nikon Digital 2,632,044 photos, 90,691 members
- Landscape 947,452 photos, 93,361 members
- D7100 / D7200 CLUB 132,625 photos, 4,091 members
- The Nikon D7100 Group 230,009 photos, 8,299 members
- NIKON D750 CLUB 89,237 photos, 5,152 members
- FlickrCentral 9,459,403 photos, 246,147 members
- Sony FE Camera Gear (Photos of Cameras ONLY) 1,076 photos, 250 members
- Group Announcements 0 photos, 2,336 members
- Project Weather 634,793 photos, 90,693 members
- 'it happened one night' (by admin approval) p1 ~ c1 1,224 photos, 229 members
- Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk 2013 - Morro Bay 37 photos, 7 members
- HDR & Blending For Real Estate 3,238 photos, 1,195 members
- Photography for Real Estate 31,607 photos, 10,328 members
- Nikon D700 314,046 photos, 15,308 members
- Santa Barbara and Central Coast CA 25,045 photos, 1,183 members
- Santa Barbara 10,926 photos, 527 members
- Nikon AF-S 80-400 f4.5-5.6 6,339 photos, 207 members
- VueScan Users 13,785 photos, 1,001 members
- Critique 2 2,513 photos, 2,069 members
- Critique 44,150 photos, 8,947 members
- Awesome Aircraft Photography 6,732 photos, 518 members
- Photography is not a crime 2,173 photos, 2,554 members
- ABSOLUTE BLACKandWHITE! (by admin approval) P1 ~ C1 7,923 photos, 1,322 members
- Noah's Ark, all on board! (by admin approval) p1 ~ c1 2,654 photos, 501 members
- The Golden Phoenix (by admin approval) p1 ~ c1 2,358 photos, 346 members
- ABSOLUTE GOLDEN MASTERPIECE! (by admin approval) p1~ c1 7,905 photos, 1,697 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 428,121 photos, 14,657 members
- Photography Critique 4,695 photos, 15,001 members
- ★FAVES CONTEST ★DARK HORSE Showcase 98 photos, 5 members
- California Landscape Photographer 16,596 photos, 1,057 members
- Worldwide Photo Walk Santa Barbara 42 photos, 5 members
- ★FAVES CONTEST ★OVER THE TOP Showcase 37 photos, 10 members
- ★FAVES CONTEST ★FAVORITE SON Showcase 304 photos, 17 members
- ★FAVES CONTEST ★SWEEPS vs SWEEPS Winners Showcase 121 photos, 12 members
- ★FAVES CONTEST ★SWEEPS Showcase 381 photos, 23 members
- ★FAVES CONTEST ★SWEEPS SWEEP Showcase 71 photos, 10 members
- ★FAVES CONTEST ★FAVORED Showcase 719 photos, 21 members
- ★FAVES CONTEST ★TOP SEED Showcase 416 photos, 17 members
- UNIFIED Challenge Admin testground 7 photos, 51 members
- FAVES CONTEST - CLOSED TEMPORARILY! 3,407 photos, 2,647 members
- No metering lenses on Nikon DSLRs 57,722 photos, 3,410 members
- OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses Group 24,787 photos, 14,878 members
- Trailr St(u|a)ff 12,346 photos, 960 members
- Photographers' Rights. 232 photos, 3,654 members
"I wanted to take an opportunity on this ’07 eve of the New Year to THANK YOU Dieter for your critiques, edits and help since I joined Flickr in July. As someone that is new to photography I can’t tell you how much your encouragement and assistance has meant.
My Flickr “Home Group”… if there is such a thing… is ‘Make it a MegaShot’ where Dieter is an Admin. He is now and always has been one of, if not the first to jump in and help with constructive comments and suggestions… Most of the time going as far as downloading the image someone has posted, editing and reposting the updated image with a description of his changes… Usually to the OPs delight and edification.
Dieter’s photography has been, and continues to be an inspiration and something I continually strive to emulate. The quality of the images in his stream is matched only by his dedication to helping others improve their skills, both behind the camera and behind the key board and I want to thank you Dieter for all your help this year my friend.
Happy New Year!
December 31st, 2007
"Dieters work is inspiring!
Besides his generally great photographic skills he is one of the best inflight photographers - birds and planes - I know and he knows so much about postprocessing.
But what I admire most is his never ending will to help otheres here on flickr, especially in the MIMS group.
A big "Thank You" Dieter and keep on shooting and sharing, please!"
November 14th, 2007
The Nature Nook says:
"I've known Dieter for about six months, met him on another site when I first took an interest in photographing birds, and all I thought I needed for a good bird shot was a long lens! Many comments and critiques later, thanks to Dieter, my work has much improved. Ironically, my first contact with him was an edit I attempted to do on one of his shots, my pictures have improved, but Dieter's processing skills now far exceed my own and I frequently "look forward" to a visit and edit by Dieter. Dieter's work is wonderful, he has a keen eye for interesting compositions and frequently has suggested a minor change in a shot resulting in major improvement. Graced by a very generous nature he has become a dear friend and admired peer.
Take a few moments to enjoy his work, and don't miss his Pelicans and Herons, some of my favorites."
May 5th, 2007
"I "met" Dieter only a short time ago here on Flickr. His work is exemplary of the excellence the truly talented and diligent can achieve. His teaching (by suggestion and explanation as well as by example) regarding how a beginner can do better is amazingly helpful.
I'm writing this to express both my gratitude and my respect, both of which he has earned."
April 2nd, 2007
- Dieter Schaefer
- March 2007
- Santa Barbara, CA
- I am:
- Male and Taken