Collection containing my "Most Interesting" "Explored" "Least Interesting", "100+ faves", 50+ faves", "1000+ views", and five "Random 200" sets that are updated daily/weekly: www.flickr.com/photos/beachwalker2007/collections/7215760...
Dieter Schaefer on imagekind
When interested in images not included in the Imagekind Gallery, please contact me via email.
beachwalker on 500px
On Panoramio: www.panoramio.com/user/7268396
Caught the photography bug as a kid when my mom gave me her old 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 camera - an Agfa Isolette folding viewfinder camera if I remember correctly (the camera still sits in a cupboard in my parents house) - to take some pictures during my first vacation; couldn't wait to get something more modern and practical. Purchased my first camera, a Nikon FM with the Nikkor 105mm f/2.5, in 1979. A long list of Nikon cameras and lenses followed - initially, all I could afford to shoot was B&W, then I almost exclusively shot slide film (Agfa in Germany and Kodachrome once I moved to the US). I went digital in late 2004 - this was also my first encounter with AF. Still own a few film cameras that see rather limited use now.
Going digital revived my interest in photography and literally opened my eyes to new opportunities - it transformed my photography from merely documenting what I have seen into actually creating images and overcoming the boundaries I now realized film had confined me too. It is like rediscovering photography all over again and I enjoy the freedom of unlimited shots the digital cameras provide and the option and opportunity to manipulate the images in post-processing.
Suggestions on my images that enable me to improve my photography are very welcome as are corrections on any wrong bird ID you may find.
create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands
visited 32 states (64%)
Create your own visited map of The United States or try another Douwe Osinga project
or check out these Google Hacks.
- in explore 348,562 photos, 28,236 members
- Nikon FX D3/3s/3x/D4/D4s/D600/D610/D700/D750/D800/D800e/D810/Df 55,548 photos, 1,891 members
- Nikon Digital 2,157,956 photos, 78,425 members
- I AM NIKON 754,719 photos, 20,384 members
- Sony A7 A7r A7s A7ii Users 2,156 photos, 173 members
- Landscape 895,264 photos, 86,118 members
- SONY A7II (ILCE-7M2) 2,121 photos, 356 members
- Ricoh GR Digital 188,265 photos, 8,627 members
- Nikon 70-200 F4 VR 4,532 photos, 760 members
- D7100 CLUB 65,280 photos, 2,654 members
- The Nikon D7100 Group 147,924 photos, 6,626 members
- NIKON D750 CLUB 16,984 photos, 2,115 members
- FlickrCentral 8,287,460 photos, 226,614 members
- Sony FE Camera Gear 450 photos, 85 members
- Group Announcements 0 photos, 2,292 members
- Project Weather 403,274 photos, 72,563 members
- Olympus OM-D Series Photography Sample Group 67,295 photos, 1,970 members
- NIKKOR 200-400 mm 1:4 AF-S VR IF-ED G 8,274 photos, 412 members
- Classic Lenses on NEX 26,637 photos, 1,386 members
- SONY A7 (ILCE-7) 70,727 photos, 2,859 members
- Sony A7 and NEX with Nikon Nikkor Lenses 1,315 photos, 311 members
- Sony A7/A7R/A7S Community 43,564 photos, 2,997 members
- Nikon Prime AI-S 24,788 photos, 1,413 members
- Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk 2013 - Morro Bay 37 photos, 7 members
- Worldwide Photo Walk 2013 9,520 photos, 2,073 members
- Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM 10,002 photos, 1,465 members
- Sony Camera Club 271,049 photos, 16,284 members
- HDR & Blending For Real Estate 2,678 photos, 1,074 members
- Photography for Real Estate 29,227 photos, 9,558 members
- Nikon D700/D300 Users 63,830 photos, 1,418 members
- Nikon D700 298,291 photos, 14,959 members
- Nikon D700 16-35mm f/4G ED VR 5,142 photos, 651 members
- Santa Barbara and Central Coast CA 24,655 photos, 1,165 members
- Santa Barbara 10,760 photos, 508 members
- Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-85 f/3.5-5.6G ED VR 54,780 photos, 2,538 members
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G 17,873 photos, 3,362 members
- Nikon D3100,D3200, D3300,D5100,D5200,D5300,D7000,D7100 group 521,793 photos, 24,021 members
- Sony NEX and Leica, Zeiss, Voigtlander M-mount 11,502 photos, 726 members
- Nikon AF-S 80-400 f4.5-5.6 4,317 photos, 165 members
- VueScan Users 11,787 photos, 936 members
- Critique 2 2,306 photos, 1,963 members
- Critique 58,147 photos, 10,413 members
- Awesome Aircraft Photography 5,486 photos, 420 members
- Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8 AF-S 50,431 photos, 4,605 members
- Nikon AF-S 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nano Lens 21,530 photos, 1,378 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 9,734 photos, 629 members
- Nikon D600/D610 CLUB 254,207 photos, 10,661 members
- Photography is not a crime 2,197 photos, 2,539 members
- Top-Notch Nature Photography INVITED PHOTOS ONLY 2,704 photos, 477 members
- 'ABSOLUTE BLACKandWHITE!' (by admin approval) p1~ c1 7,565 photos, 1,280 members
"I wanted to take an opportunity on this ’07 eve of the New Year to THANK YOU Dieter for your critiques, edits and help since I joined Flickr in July. As someone that is new to photography I can’t tell you how much your encouragement and assistance has meant.
My Flickr “Home Group”… if there is such a thing… is ‘Make it a MegaShot’ where Dieter is an Admin. He is now and always has been one of, if not the first to jump in and help with constructive comments and suggestions… Most of the time going as far as downloading the image someone has posted, editing and reposting the updated image with a description of his changes… Usually to the OPs delight and edification.
Dieter’s photography has been, and continues to be an inspiration and something I continually strive to emulate. The quality of the images in his stream is matched only by his dedication to helping others improve their skills, both behind the camera and behind the key board and I want to thank you Dieter for all your help this year my friend.
Happy New Year!
December 31st, 2007
"Dieters work is inspiring!
Besides his generally great photographic skills he is one of the best inflight photographers - birds and planes - I know and he knows so much about postprocessing.
But what I admire most is his never ending will to help otheres here on flickr, especially in the MIMS group.
A big "Thank You" Dieter and keep on shooting and sharing, please!"
November 14th, 2007
The Nature Nook says:
"I've known Dieter for about six months, met him on another site when I first took an interest in photographing birds, and all I thought I needed for a good bird shot was a long lens! Many comments and critiques later, thanks to Dieter, my work has much improved. Ironically, my first contact with him was an edit I attempted to do on one of his shots, my pictures have improved, but Dieter's processing skills now far exceed my own and I frequently "look forward" to a visit and edit by Dieter. Dieter's work is wonderful, he has a keen eye for interesting compositions and frequently has suggested a minor change in a shot resulting in major improvement. Graced by a very generous nature he has become a dear friend and admired peer.
Take a few moments to enjoy his work, and don't miss his Pelicans and Herons, some of my favorites."
May 5th, 2007
"I "met" Dieter only a short time ago here on Flickr. His work is exemplary of the excellence the truly talented and diligent can achieve. His teaching (by suggestion and explanation as well as by example) regarding how a beginner can do better is amazingly helpful.
I'm writing this to express both my gratitude and my respect, both of which he has earned."
April 2nd, 2007
- Dieter Schaefer
- March 2007
- Santa Barbara, CA
- I am:
- Male and Taken