Collection containing my "Most Interesting" "Explored" "Least Interesting", "100+ faves", 50+ faves", "1000+ views", and five "Random 200" sets that are updated daily/weekly: www.flickr.com/photos/beachwalker2007/collections/7215760...
Dieter Schaefer on imagekind
When interested in images not included in the Imagekind Gallery, please contact me via email.
beachwalker on 500px
On Panoramio: www.panoramio.com/user/7268396
Caught the photography bug as a kid when my mom gave me her old 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 camera - an Agfa Isolette folding viewfinder camera if I remember correctly (the camera still sits in a cupboard in my parents house) - to take some pictures during my first vacation; couldn't wait to get something more modern and practical. Purchased my first camera, a Nikon FM with the Nikkor 105mm f/2.5, in 1979. A long list of Nikon cameras and lenses followed - initially, all I could afford to shoot was B&W, then I almost exclusively shot slide film (Agfa in Germany and Kodachrome once I moved to the US). I went digital in late 2004 - this was also my first encounter with AF. Still own a few film cameras that see rather limited use now.
Going digital revived my interest in photography and literally opened my eyes to new opportunities - it transformed my photography from merely documenting what I have seen into actually creating images and overcoming the boundaries I now realized film had confined me too. It is like rediscovering photography all over again and I enjoy the freedom of unlimited shots the digital cameras provide and the option and opportunity to manipulate the images in post-processing.
Suggestions on my images that enable me to improve my photography are very welcome as are corrections on any wrong bird ID you may find.
create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands
visited 32 states (64%)
Create your own visited map of The United States or try another Douwe Osinga project
or check out these Google Hacks.
- Only Awesome Photos 7,977 photos, 1,274 members
- Sigma Art Lenses 19,405 photos, 1,891 members
- Nikon 300mm f/4E PF ED VR AF-S 818 photos, 116 members
- Aviation Photographers of Southern California 20,909 photos, 106 members
- in explore 413,125 photos, 36,562 members
- Nikon Digital 2,357,021 photos, 84,293 members
- Sony A7 A7r A7s A7ii Users 4,154 photos, 243 members
- Landscape 913,124 photos, 89,603 members
- SONY A7II (ILCE-7M2) 8,442 photos, 700 members
- Ricoh GR Digital 196,289 photos, 8,898 members
- D7100 / D7200 CLUB 94,230 photos, 3,338 members
- The Nikon D7100 Group 185,087 photos, 7,519 members
- NIKON D750 CLUB 43,472 photos, 3,514 members
- FlickrCentral 8,794,388 photos, 235,415 members
- Sony FE Camera Gear (Photos of Cameras ONLY) 725 photos, 162 members
- Group Announcements 0 photos, 2,311 members
- Project Weather 555,778 photos, 83,047 members
- SONY A7 (ILCE-7) 96,628 photos, 3,530 members
- Sony A7/A7R/A7S Community 63,454 photos, 3,774 members
- Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photo Walk 2013 - Morro Bay 37 photos, 7 members
- Worldwide Photo Walk 2013 9,564 photos, 2,062 members
- Sony Camera Club 306,805 photos, 17,363 members
- HDR & Blending For Real Estate 2,852 photos, 1,136 members
- Photography for Real Estate 30,226 photos, 9,908 members
- Nikon D700 305,537 photos, 15,118 members
- Santa Barbara and Central Coast CA 24,800 photos, 1,178 members
- Santa Barbara 10,734 photos, 513 members
- Nikon AF-S 80-400 f4.5-5.6 5,418 photos, 190 members
- VueScan Users 12,629 photos, 969 members
- Critique 2 2,314 photos, 2,019 members
- Critique 50,271 photos, 9,637 members
- Awesome Aircraft Photography 6,066 photos, 455 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 10,470 photos, 634 members
- Photography is not a crime 2,175 photos, 2,542 members
- Top-Notch Nature Photography INVITED PHOTOS ONLY 2,702 photos, 475 members
- ABSOLUTE BLACKandWHITE! (by admin approval) P1 ~ C1 7,683 photos, 1,267 members
- Noah's Ark, all on board! (by admin approval) p1 ~ c1 2,589 photos, 486 members
- Leica M5 4,583 photos, 297 members
- The Golden Phoenix (by admin approval) p1 ~ c1 2,232 photos, 329 members
- ABSOLUTE GOLDEN MASTERPIECE ! (by admin approval) p1~ c1 7,630 photos, 1,638 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 377,243 photos, 14,026 members
- Photography Critique 4,484 photos, 14,817 members
- ★FAVES CONTEST ★DARK HORSE Showcase 98 photos, 5 members
- Stuck On Earth Community 111,286 photos, 6,465 members
- Decisive Moment 61,058 photos, 29,323 members
- California Landscape Photographer 14,629 photos, 955 members
- Worldwide Photo Walk Santa Barbara 42 photos, 5 members
- ★FAVES CONTEST ★OVER THE TOP Showcase 37 photos, 11 members
- ★FAVES CONTEST ★FAVORITE SON Showcase 304 photos, 17 members
- ★FAVES CONTEST ★SWEEPS vs SWEEPS Winners Showcase 121 photos, 13 members
"I wanted to take an opportunity on this ’07 eve of the New Year to THANK YOU Dieter for your critiques, edits and help since I joined Flickr in July. As someone that is new to photography I can’t tell you how much your encouragement and assistance has meant.
My Flickr “Home Group”… if there is such a thing… is ‘Make it a MegaShot’ where Dieter is an Admin. He is now and always has been one of, if not the first to jump in and help with constructive comments and suggestions… Most of the time going as far as downloading the image someone has posted, editing and reposting the updated image with a description of his changes… Usually to the OPs delight and edification.
Dieter’s photography has been, and continues to be an inspiration and something I continually strive to emulate. The quality of the images in his stream is matched only by his dedication to helping others improve their skills, both behind the camera and behind the key board and I want to thank you Dieter for all your help this year my friend.
Happy New Year!
December 31st, 2007
"Dieters work is inspiring!
Besides his generally great photographic skills he is one of the best inflight photographers - birds and planes - I know and he knows so much about postprocessing.
But what I admire most is his never ending will to help otheres here on flickr, especially in the MIMS group.
A big "Thank You" Dieter and keep on shooting and sharing, please!"
November 14th, 2007
The Nature Nook says:
"I've known Dieter for about six months, met him on another site when I first took an interest in photographing birds, and all I thought I needed for a good bird shot was a long lens! Many comments and critiques later, thanks to Dieter, my work has much improved. Ironically, my first contact with him was an edit I attempted to do on one of his shots, my pictures have improved, but Dieter's processing skills now far exceed my own and I frequently "look forward" to a visit and edit by Dieter. Dieter's work is wonderful, he has a keen eye for interesting compositions and frequently has suggested a minor change in a shot resulting in major improvement. Graced by a very generous nature he has become a dear friend and admired peer.
Take a few moments to enjoy his work, and don't miss his Pelicans and Herons, some of my favorites."
May 5th, 2007
"I "met" Dieter only a short time ago here on Flickr. His work is exemplary of the excellence the truly talented and diligent can achieve. His teaching (by suggestion and explanation as well as by example) regarding how a beginner can do better is amazingly helpful.
I'm writing this to express both my gratitude and my respect, both of which he has earned."
April 2nd, 2007
- Dieter Schaefer
- March 2007
- Santa Barbara, CA
- I am:
- Male and Taken