i picked up a digital camera for the first time in october 2005, when i received a little kodak easyshare point&shoot. i quickly fell in love, and have not left the house without a camera since.
i'm an amateur of all amateurs, but look forward to developing my eye and technique. though i'm a writer by trade, i am applying the same philosophy to photography: to write life alive.
my love and dear friend gregg gave me a panasonic lumix fz10 for christmas 2005, and that has become my inanimate best friend.
christmas 2006 brought a new member to my camera fambly: a canon digital rebel 300d. oh the yumminess.
Check me out!
- Earth Hour 2009 Global 3,109 photos, 2,592 members
- Breastfeeding rules! 1,368 photos, 539 members
- queerspawn 264 photos, 38 members
- 2 Stripes - Family happiness 8,489 photos, 1,060 members
- N.I.P. so F.U. 11 photos, 27 members
- Belly Gallery 5,462 photos, 1,996 members
- Mullet Hunters 568 photos, 409 members
- Kitty Crown (Post 1, Award 2) 36,396 photos, 4,611 members
- Loving Pet Owners Rule! (Post 5/A1 on first 2 pages) 39,567 photos, 3,228 members
- Kitty Super Star: Celebrities Hall of Fame. Invited photos only 24,331 photos, 2,126 members
- Precious Pet 100+ Views (invited photos only - comment on 1) 9,598 photos, 1,284 members
- 2 mommies / 2 daddies 656 photos, 183 members
- Village Q 347 photos, 257 members
- Photo Friday 1,183 photos, 107 members
- Cute and fuzzy (and good) pictures. 468 photos, 48 members
- The WACC Photographic Competition 2007 - Communication for Peace 66 photos, 143 members
- Black and White Fisheye 3,124 photos, 451 members
- queer photographers 52,789 photos, 1,234 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 3,181 photos, 81,457 members
- Reverse Lens Photos 17,263 photos, 3,108 members
- Canon EF 75-300 13,762 photos, 888 members
- Canon EF 75-300mm 1:4-5.6 4,557 photos, 316 members
- Canon EF 50mm f1.8 204,229 photos, 17,502 members
- Christmas dogs 195 photos, 75 members
- EF 50mm 1:1.8 II 104,247 photos, 7,909 members
- A Very Flickr Christmas 114,412 photos, 11,876 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,957,802 photos, 190,695 members
- Canon 300D&350D 84,169 photos, 2,417 members
- Canon 300D 22,316 photos, 986 members
- The Unofficial JPG Magazine Group 373,356 photos, 22,046 members
- Explore This 11,032 photos, 558 members
- Cats in Odd Poses 3,356 photos, 289 members
- Best of Cats (Your BEST Photos only) 64,821 photos, 19,565 members
- !! Up In Flames !! 204 photos, 115 members
- Music for my photos 825 photos, 101 members
- Hit, Miss, Maybe, WHY? - post 1 only, comment/rate 3 before it 111,871 photos, 12,718 members
- Austin, TX 28,694 photos, 1,488 members
- East Austin 5,332 photos, 387 members
- lost pets 124 photos, 24 members
- The Lo-Fi Camera Club 205,436 photos, 5,138 members
- FishEye 167,293 photos, 14,634 members
- FLICKRGAYS 71,389 photos, 3,673 members
- LGBT 31,648 photos, 3,596 members
- Photobooth Mutants 346 photos, 97 members
- Apple Photobooth 1,018 photos, 357 members
- Apple Photobooth Art 266 photos, 71 members
- BOKEH - for the common folk 312,314 photos, 9,926 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 1,463,844 photos, 74,582 members
- *DIY Photography Equipment 16,337 photos, 7,625 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 478,198 photos, 63,430 members
"ohchicken has such a certain way of photographing people that you feel as though you know her through the way she sees the world. that she shares that knowledge with others is a delightful testament to her openness in sharing her mind with others. her opinions and desires are seen clearly through her photographs, seemingly effortlessly on her part, and those basest of hungers - the longing for a place of home - is viewed powerfully through her lens."
April 10th, 2006
Hypnotic Aubergine says:
"Ohchicken's photographs are among the most intense, feeling good, emotional, funny and inspiring/motivational images of all Flickr. When I open my contacts' page and see that she's uploaded a new image or written some comments I immediately know, no doubt, that I will smile, or I will ponder upon civil injustice, or I will be enraptured by the beauty of her world. By her beauty.
She's a precious human being and a friend, no matter we haven't met yet and she's living on the other side of the ocean and further on because I feel we hit it off, for many many reasons.
Her photography and words make me happy, give me hope and guts.
Thank you, Annie! :-)"
January 16th, 2006