i picked up a digital camera for the first time in october 2005, when i received a little kodak easyshare point&shoot. i quickly fell in love, and have not left the house without a camera since.
i'm an amateur of all amateurs, but look forward to developing my eye and technique. though i'm a writer by trade, i am applying the same philosophy to photography: to write life alive.
my love and dear friend gregg gave me a panasonic lumix fz10 for christmas 2005, and that has become my inanimate best friend.
christmas 2006 brought a new member to my camera fambly: a canon digital rebel 300d. oh the yumminess.
Check me out!
- Earth Hour 2009 Global 3,133 photos, 2,606 members
- Breastfeeding rules! 1,409 photos, 542 members
- queerspawn 264 photos, 39 members
- 2 Stripes - Family happiness 8,651 photos, 1,074 members
- N.I.P. so F.U. 11 photos, 27 members
- Belly Gallery 5,522 photos, 1,953 members
- Mullet Hunters 570 photos, 413 members
- Kitty Crown (Post 1, Award 2) 37,373 photos, 4,630 members
- Loving Pet Owners Rule! (Post 5/A1 on first 2 pages) 39,988 photos, 3,241 members
- Kitty Super Star: Celebrities Hall of Fame. Invited photos only 24,390 photos, 2,115 members
- Precious Pet 100+ Views (invited photos only - comment on 1) 9,610 photos, 1,285 members
- 2 mommies / 2 daddies 656 photos, 184 members
- Village Q 350 photos, 259 members
- Photo Friday 1,183 photos, 107 members
- Cute and fuzzy (and good) pictures. 473 photos, 48 members
- The WACC Photographic Competition 2007 - Communication for Peace 67 photos, 143 members
- Black and White Fisheye 3,073 photos, 453 members
- queer photographers 53,081 photos, 1,219 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 3,182 photos, 80,959 members
- Reverse Lens Photos 17,411 photos, 3,115 members
- Canon EF 75-300 13,744 photos, 878 members
- Canon EF 75-300mm 1:4-5.6 4,698 photos, 310 members
- Canon EF 50mm f1.8 207,792 photos, 17,467 members
- Christmas dogs 196 photos, 76 members
- EF 50mm 1:1.8 II 105,525 photos, 7,947 members
- A Very Flickr Christmas 112,499 photos, 11,848 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 4,902,921 photos, 190,089 members
- Canon 300D&350D 85,025 photos, 2,435 members
- Canon 300D 22,631 photos, 990 members
- The Unofficial JPG Magazine Group 373,979 photos, 22,162 members
- Explore This 10,757 photos, 555 members
- Cats in Odd Poses 3,381 photos, 291 members
- Best of Cats (Your BEST Photos only) 63,854 photos, 19,458 members
- !! Up In Flames !! 207 photos, 112 members
- Music for my photos 825 photos, 103 members
- Hit, Miss, Maybe, WHY? - post 1 only, comment/rate 3 before it 112,232 photos, 12,761 members
- Austin, TX 28,878 photos, 1,496 members
- East Austin 5,305 photos, 392 members
- lost pets 124 photos, 24 members
- The Lo-Fi Camera Club 207,245 photos, 5,151 members
- FishEye 168,305 photos, 14,669 members
- FLICKRGAYS 70,599 photos, 3,651 members
- LGBT 31,690 photos, 3,540 members
- Photobooth Mutants 346 photos, 97 members
- Apple Photobooth 1,040 photos, 360 members
- Apple Photobooth Art 271 photos, 71 members
- BOKEH - for the common folk 303,863 photos, 9,910 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 1,474,242 photos, 74,796 members
- *DIY Photography Equipment 16,467 photos, 7,632 members
- **A Big Fave (Invite Only) 485,386 photos, 63,626 members
"ohchicken has such a certain way of photographing people that you feel as though you know her through the way she sees the world. that she shares that knowledge with others is a delightful testament to her openness in sharing her mind with others. her opinions and desires are seen clearly through her photographs, seemingly effortlessly on her part, and those basest of hungers - the longing for a place of home - is viewed powerfully through her lens."
April 10th, 2006
Hypnotic Aubergine says:
"Ohchicken's photographs are among the most intense, feeling good, emotional, funny and inspiring/motivational images of all Flickr. When I open my contacts' page and see that she's uploaded a new image or written some comments I immediately know, no doubt, that I will smile, or I will ponder upon civil injustice, or I will be enraptured by the beauty of her world. By her beauty.
She's a precious human being and a friend, no matter we haven't met yet and she's living on the other side of the ocean and further on because I feel we hit it off, for many many reasons.
Her photography and words make me happy, give me hope and guts.
Thank you, Annie! :-)"
January 16th, 2006