Copyright © 2011 Chase Schiefer
All my images are All Rights Reserved.
None of the images may be downloaded,stored,printed,manipulated,distributed or used in any form without prior written permission from the copyright holder. Please ask!
"Our job is to record, each in his own way, this world of light and shadow and time that will never come again exactly as it is today." - Edward Abbey
Hello, the name is Chase.
Birder, Bass player, Photographer, Explorer
My passion for photography germinated from family vacations around the United States as a child. My family and I went on sensational adventures in search of birds and wildlife throughout New Jersey, Maine, southern Texas, extreme southeastern Arizona, the Everglades of Florida, and more. On all of our family vacations, my Mother photographed wildflowers creeping on abandoned farmsteads, the rocky coasts of Maine, and anything else that captured her eye. It was along these trips where I first experimented with photography by documenting observed bird species or the rich landscapes around us using an old Vivitar 35mm SLR (Single Lens Reflex) film camera.
Since the heady days of 35mm film, I now rely on my Nikon D40 Digital SLR to continue on with my family’s tradition of capturing the landscapes and wildlife of the places I visit. Additionally, I have broadened my subjects to include American folklife and historic structures, as well as battle re-enactments, weather phenomenon, and light painting.
In my leisure time, I enjoy birding, reading, music, and experiencing the country’s parks through camping and hiking.
"For my own part I am pleased enough with surfaces. In fact they alone seem to me of much importance. Such things for example as the grasp of a child's hand in your own, the flavor of an apple, the embrace of friend or lover, the silk of a girl's thigh, the sunlight on rock and leaves, the feel of music, the bark of a tree, the abrasion of granite and sand, the plunge of clear water into a pool, the face of the wind---what else is there? What else do we need." Edward Abbey
I've started a blog! chaseschieferphotography.blogspot.com/
Check out my slow moving NJ Birders Facebook Group and join in the discussions!
You can now purchase my prints! www.imagekind.com/MemberProfile.aspx?MID=bcf5d552-18f2-4a...
Chase Schiefer is a fan ofChase Schiefer PhotographyCreate your Fan Badge
Chase SchieferCreate Your Badge
Become a fan on facebook!
I have not tired of the wilderness; rather I enjoy its beauty and the vagrant life I lead, more keenly all the time. I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star-sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities.It is enough that I am surrounded with beauty. - Everett Ruess
- Maine Hiking 2,566 photos, 228 members
- Essence of Maine 44,612 photos, 2,095 members
- Maine The Way Life Should Be 2,292 photos, 135 members
- Maine Rogue Photographers Association 4,038 photos, 473 members
- Rock Art 17,652 photos, 1,455 members
- Canyonlands National Park 1,970 photos, 352 members
- National Parks, Monuments and Historical Sites 67,603 photos, 2,701 members
- Canyonlands 4,329 photos, 498 members
- Arches National Park 12,885 photos, 1,959 members
- astrometry 67,247 photos, 7,322 members
- Hurricane-Sandy 4,954 photos, 650 members
- National Parks Traveler 17,435 photos, 842 members
- yosemite 44,377 photos, 6,411 members
- Yosemite Nation 7,253 photos, 1,134 members
- Catskills Hiking, Climbing and Skiing 1,523 photos, 207 members
- Photo Contest - Pure Catskills 151 photos, 35 members
- Visit Big Bend 1,817 photos, 179 members
- U.S. National Parks 201,325 photos, 17,844 members
- Big Bend N.P. 6,431 photos, 670 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 173,140 photos, 8,914 members
- Best of U.S. National Parks 26,184 photos, 3,287 members
- Infrared Photography 43,768 photos, 3,907 members
- The Digital Visual - Week in Reader Photos 25,853 photos, 1,307 members
- STILL LIFE in LIGHT PAINTING 11,523 photos, 1,323 members
- Composites 25,409 photos, 2,614 members
- Ricketts Glen State Park 2,913 photos, 356 members
- Anybody Want To Have A NJ Photo Outing? 17,649 photos, 649 members
- Hurricane Irene- August 2011 2,406 photos, 334 members
- Greetings from Asbury Park 7,403 photos, 545 members
- NJ - SALEM COUNTY 1,205 photos, 67 members
- New Jersey landscapes 2,688 photos, 126 members
- The Star-Ledger 28 photos, 5 members
- Krulwich Wonders... 527 photos, 59 members
- Atlantic Highlands NJ 537 photos, 49 members
- GULF COAST PHOTOCLUBS 3,788 photos, 52 members
- NJ - CUMBERLAND COUNTY 1,128 photos, 92 members
- Page Valley ♥‘s Shenandoah National Park 26 photos, 14 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,701,194 photos, 28,411 members
- eastern state penitentiary 9,346 photos, 749 members
- Shenandoah National Park Trust 709 photos, 138 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 813,535 photos, 33,746 members
- iPhone 4 Photography 98,262 photos, 2,921 members
- Photography From The People 291,147 photos, 5,795 members
- Temple University 390 photos, 110 members
- Time-Lapse 4,412 photos, 1,768 members
- Nikon D90 Users Group 294,593 photos, 9,315 members
- BEER Nation 35,554 photos, 2,149 members
- Sigma Lenses 363,776 photos, 10,390 members
- The Philadelphia and South Jersey Photographer's Club 8,033 photos, 200 members
- -Moody&Spooky- * Post 2, Comment 1 * 16,571 photos, 1,779 members
Chase Schiefer doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- July 2009
- Hazlet, NJ
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Chase Schiefer Photography