The Architectural Woodwork Institute (AWI) was incorporated in Chicago, Illinois on December 17, 1954. The President was Charles A. Rinehimer and the Board of Directors consisted of 18 members including Mr. Rinehimer.
The AWI was formed by a group of individuals who were members of the Millwork Cost Bureau, a trade association of custom millwork operators founded in 1914.
The Millwork Cost Bureau's stated purpose was to establish a cost accounting procedure for custom millwork operations and provide estimating training systems for members. Among those individuals who met to plan the formation of an "architectural woodwork association" were Mr. Charles (Chic) Rinehimer, a longtime director and onetime president of the Millwork Cost Bureau and Elmer W. Root, also a former president of the Millwork Cost Bureau.
After several meetings, the Architectural Woodwork Institute was incorporated in Chicago, IL, and its Articles of Incorporation were filed with the Illinois Secretary of State on December 17, 1954.
Have something nice to say about AWI National? Write a testimonial