An opportunist photographer
Whatever floats your boat - click one of the above, or click here.
The vast majority of my photos have an Attribution Non-Commercial Share-Alike license. Please respect this. I do appreciate being told if one of my images has been used in a blog or similar. It's nice to see them 'out there'.
To find out more about this license, click on the image below.
If you wish to use any of my images for commercial purposes, please contact me by FlickrMail. I'm quite friendly and open to offers on small-scale, low budget projects but generally if it is for commercial use I will request some payment.
If you fave a lot of my photos, but have none of your own to share and no profile or icon, it is highly likely that I will block you. Flickr is for two-way traffic, not for collecting other people's photos.
Groups I started and actively admin:
a Day In the Life Of ... (Oct 2004)
Amazing Sunlight (Oct 2008)
At the Bottom of the Garden (May 2005)
Creative Fruit & Veg (Feb 2008)
Glimpse (Dec 2004)
Isle of Wight (Jan 2005)
Lawrence Stanley Lee 1909 - 2011 (Sept 2009)
Old Books (Jan 2010)
Stepping Out (Jul 2006)
Groups I admin or moderate:
Rusty and Crusty
Groups I started but no longer admin:
Boats (Nov 2004)
Fruit and Veg (Nov 2004)
Gold (Jan 2005)
Leaves (No Trees Please!!!) (Nov 2004)
Rot Squad (Feb 2007)
- the mystery church 86 photos, 123 members
- hooked on crochet 44,034 photos, 3,127 members
- Crochet Afghans 12,474 photos, 2,174 members
- crochet 23,786 photos, 2,457 members
- Teignmouth & Shaldon In Pictures 1,441 photos, 83 members
- Teignmouth: Everywhere else in the UK feels cold 2,046 photos, 124 members
- Painted numbers, names and directions. But Not Advertising. 259 photos, 24 members
- font whores 4,827 photos, 378 members
- The Red Arrows, The Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team 11,411 photos, 1,763 members
- #Flickr10 7,691 photos, 3,140 members
- 2014: A Year in Pictures 17,033 photos, 116 members
- 52 of 2014 2,183 photos, 114 members
- Pteridomania 174 photos, 35 members
- In A Row 19,053 photos, 1,106 members
- Anti-glamour Babes 1,296 photos, 57 members
- The Siblinghood of the Travelling Wookie Hood 0 photos, 34 members
- 365ish 12,809 photos, 243 members
- 365 More 50,900 photos, 208 members
- 365 Days 2013 2,642 photos, 23 members
- 365 Days 983,777 photos, 21,692 members
- CHRISTMAS WORLDWIDE Flickr's #1 Xmas Group 123,569 photos, 18,000 members
- Wash on Monday, Iron on Tuesday 298 photos, 31 members
- Glastonbury, UK 2,761 photos, 193 members
- Glastonbury Tor 1,619 photos, 334 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 386,955 photos, 17,147 members
- Instagram 145,916 photos, 8,343 members
- iPhoneography 412,579 photos, 12,977 members
- Diptic App 9,981 photos, 2,874 members
- Flickr CPR 9,631 photos, 579 members
- Anything Iphone 4,427 photos, 28 members
- Free Art Friday 3,781 photos, 1,623 members
- Big Al Davies Collage Squad 395 photos, 63 members
- The Seaside 472 photos, 33 members
- Barcelona Photos 88,993 photos, 4,132 members
- Barcelona Pics 156,309 photos, 8,011 members
- CoffeeMinded 1,462 photos, 117 members
- Portsmouth, UK 6,617 photos, 517 members
- Quantity 1,604 photos, 114 members
- Repetition 35,263 photos, 2,495 members
- Flickr Hacks 426 photos, 20,971 members
- Orange and Blue 44,435 photos, 14,378 members
- The Rustiest Stuff In The World, Just Got Rustier 6,354 photos, 701 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 412,873 photos, 105,858 members
- Toy Camera Street Art 1,885 photos, 628 members
- A Mad Tea Party 7,222 photos, 308 members
- Extreme Street Photography (ESP) 3,749 photos, 18,310 members
- UK Utata Meetups 63 photos, 20 members
- Scratch'n'Sniff 1,912 photos, 94 members
- Glastonbury 2011 - The People 167 photos, 29 members
- Glastonbury festival 2011 1,272 photos, 102 members
"Simply the best. Welsh Woman with a stream of delight. Dip in, have a cuppa, settle down, and relax and enjoy. She's more prolific than Mr Prolific the painter who painted 100 canvases a day. She's my pal and this is my third testimonial to her, so she doesn't delete either."
March 25th, 2012
"I first met Auntie P many years ago at College and over time our paths have crossed. Back then I had not discovered my photographic journey but I do remember Auntie P talking so passionately about it. You can see from this photostream that passion and she has been a very good friend to many in groups and at workshops. An eye for a photo in the most unsuspecting places, and a true talented photographer."
October 9th, 2011
"I second and third everything all these lovely testimonials sat about the amazing Auntie P...
We spent a lovely day together last year photographing a graveyard...( where else??!)
and I long & look forward to having another day together
as she is a lovely friend and an inspiration....
she has made me see things in different ways and widened my horizons!
I can't lie and say I have looked at all the pictures in her huge stream
( 10,000 and counting!!)...
but everyone I do see is a WOW look at that moment...
which really says it all as far a photography goes...
Check some of her stream out..anywhere you dip your toes will be the right place :~))"
December 7th, 2008
"wow - is there anything left for Auntie P to shoot? I do like someone who turns their camera onto unusual objects. Certainly the Isle of Wight seems to have plenty of rusty springs! lol. Keep up the good work."
October 11th, 2007
"Auntie P has quickly won my heart over with her luscious photography, and her dedication to capturing the miracle of growing things on this surprising planet.
Actual News Guy
December 26th, 2006
"Auntie P's diversity and the knack for picking up on subjects that most of us would throw away or walk on, is what draws me to her photostream on a frequent basis.
She captures the most mundane subject in the most interesting way imaginable and somehow spreads that interest to others.
And although I have never met or spoken to Paula verbally, I consider her a good friend and photographic FAQ board! :)"
October 30th, 2006
"Just been reading all these testimonials, and you've all reduced me to tears. Auntie p has been my friend for a long time. I call her my muse, she is the most incredible person anyone will ever meet. The only person I trust without reservation, and I'm leaving to be closer to my grandchildren 200+ miles away. We studied photography together, and spent many happy hours singing and boping round the dark room together, when we go out we take photographs of the same things, yet Aunties are always so much better.
she is an inspiration, just look at all the ordinary mundane things she photographs. Things most people wouldn't even notice turn into works of art when she points her camera at them."
October 6th, 2006
gnawledge wurker says:
"great range of subjects, so very well photographed, a real treat to view this photostream of excellent work made by someone with a very good eye."
August 8th, 2006
Chris Campbell says:
"Auntie P was one of the first people to leave a comment one of my photos and we both were new around Flickr around the same time. She has a wonderful eye and manages to capture and share lovely moments from her world and her life. I'm glad that I've been able to see the world through her lens and Flickr is a much better place because of her."
June 5th, 2006
big al davies says:
"We were destined to meet as the only Welsh people on Flickr a long time ago, in the days before Owain, Mord, and the yellow people of Tongwynlais. Onward to Mordor we screamed whilst listening to Barafundle on our headphones. It is 1967 again and rust and flowers are here. The bestest pics from a Welsh woman in England."
May 28th, 2006
"You'll never get through this stream but you must try, its bulging with interesting photos of things you may never have thought about, you will learn, you will enjoy, and I myself look forward to the day that I might have the privilege of meeting the lovely AP, if it never happens I'll cry.
New Flash update :
It happened !, I have met the lovely Auntie P and she's is everything I thought she would be and more, beautiful, intelligent, a great sense of humour, witty, talented, a mummy, but best of all she is now my friend.
So you simply must look at these photos I command you, ( you still wont get through them and I believe its Auntie that crashes Flickr ) but look at some, do it by sets ( the AP reccomended way ) and take your time."
March 7th, 2006
Ladder Chine says:
"A brilliant eye for detail and a wide choice of interesting subjects in Auntie P's shots. She captures the old and new together, sees the small things that make great pictures and makes excellent use of colour. Go through ALL her photos if you have a spare year or 2....you won't be disappointed!"
March 4th, 2006
Big Al Davies says:
"Energy, vitality, and rhythm abound here, a stream of delights, a mix of subjects, from wonderful black and whites to rusty bits and pieces that most people don't see, and here they are brought to life. I guess that in the pub when Auntie is sitting in a dark corner, she has the dirty laugh that spreads through like a wave of delight.
Check her out, the finest Welsh Woman on the Isle of Wight, bring a flask and sandwiches theres a lot of great stuff to see here."
June 16th, 2005
"Auntie P. is an explorer and her vision is capable of focusing from the wide open view to the narrow bit of rust barely holding on. I love her use of color and balance, and her approach to the subject - whatever subject - with true wonder and respect. Her intelligence also shines in her very personable posts and discussions. All in all a lovely person showing from behind the camera."
April 9th, 2005
May Ann Licudine says:
"She's a busy amazing photographer!!!!
February 10th, 2005
- October 2004
- Southsea, UK
- I am:
- Female and Single