I'm an information-obsessed, Clinical Medical Librarian that enjoys good pics, good friends, good books, good movies and good works.
As of September 2005 I have now moved into the digital world and am currently shooting with a Fuji S9000. I'll photograph anything that catches my eye so my stream is eclectic at best with some real gems buried somewhere in there.
Please, no notes on photos; no animations, no clip art, no photos, no links other than to a photo of your own in comments. Comments with these things will be deleted as soon as I discover them.
Interesting on Black
- Dogwood2017 8,863 photos, 2,718 members
- Urban Fragments 2 (NO people) 20,768 photos, 1,059 members
- Dogwood52 Challenge 8,094 photos, 2,147 members
- nighthawks 349,519 photos, 20,078 members
- Powell Gardens' ShutterBUGS 308 photos, 63 members
- Old Film Project 1,054 photos, 182 members
- Powell Gardens Festival of Butterflies 677 photos, 113 members
- Kansas City in Black & White 2,095 photos, 237 members
- Missouri Libraries, Librarians, Events, etc 1,147 photos, 58 members
- Metaphotography 6,134 photos, 702 members
- Citizen Science: Great Blue Heron (please read the rules) 13,623 photos, 1,637 members
- Urban Photo Safari 77 photos, 4 members
- Picture The Cure 481 photos, 294 members
- Night Images 1,201,246 photos, 163,714 members
- Pugs 37,650 photos, 3,951 members
- Macro Photography 697,116 photos, 57,300 members
- something cool i saw today 30,701 photos, 1,149 members
- Utata 461,474 photos, 28,178 members
- The Faces of Grey 21,513 photos, 2,573 members
- Whatever the weather 1,053,069 photos, 53,730 members
- The city where I live 22,182 photos, 631 members
- Neon Signs 115,250 photos, 8,778 members
- Sunrise, Sunset -- Anything Sun! 1,145,165 photos, 72,238 members
- Nature 3,832,516 photos, 108,361 members
- Reflections 738,258 photos, 56,259 members
- Mannequin 28,284 photos, 3,735 members
- Public Art 37,876 photos, 1,456 members
- flower power 247,873 photos, 8,236 members
- Faded Signage (FADED!) 27,481 photos, 2,048 members
- RUSTY and CRUSTY 439,070 photos, 29,676 members
- Painted Wall Art 77,084 photos, 1,941 members
- silhouette 401,202 photos, 63,520 members
- S!gns 111,149 photos, 5,141 members
- squared circle 185,819 photos, 12,781 members
- Urban Wildlife 78,100 photos, 4,547 members
- Bridging the Gap 114,378 photos, 11,802 members
- Missouri 66,876 photos, 1,390 members
- Beautiful Clouds 304,504 photos, 22,332 members
- Textures 156,773 photos, 8,994 members
- Kansas City 52,136 photos, 1,631 members
- B&W 5,227,382 photos, 228,276 members
"When I started on flickr gwEMvision was the first to email me. She was helping with an identification of a bug. I was amazed. Her research skills are superb, and her knowledge of KC is vast, far beyond her young age...hehe. It is always fun to share information with her and to be "corrected" when needed about a butterfly or bug or whatever. Put simply, gwENvision is someone I look forward to seeing on flickr, either in the viewing of her photos or her comments about mine. I don't doubt for a minute I will see her someday walking down my street with her camera, looking for something to take a photo of.... She will cover the entire city eventually!!"
November 7th, 2006
"Victorian London had its Dickens, 50s Florida its MacDonald, late 20th Century Louisiana its James Lee Burke. Gwen does for KC with her camera. If you wait long enough, she'll get to your block.
If it's true that a picture is worth a thousand words, Gwen is our historian, chronicler, gazeteer."
August 11th, 2006
Auntie K says:
"Gwen was one of my first friends on Flickr and I have learned so much from her. Whether in the dead of night under a bridge or on her way to work, her camera captures the mystery and complexity of urban life. Her humor, heart, and adventure shine out from every photo! Enjoy!"
May 20th, 2005
Velvet G says:
"Where do I start? I met Gwen in the Land of Trolls and common enemies sometimes make unexpected friends.
Here's to the trolls than helped Auntie G and I meet. Good person to know. She's the coolest librarian I've never met."
September 3rd, 2004
- September 2004
- Kansas City Metro
- I am:
- Female and Single
- Clinical Medical Librarian
- River City Images