I have always been interested in societies. Where they live, how they function. Microcosmic and macrocosmic relations between the unit mind, the human and the macrocosmic sphere.
In an urban framework, a nexus is that point where we can connect. We find a bridge, and cross over our differences. A point to share and pass by.
Photography interfaces in the nexus to build a bridge of communication, of ideas that let us express our inner worlds (thoughts, desires) more eloquently in an art form.
This is what the urban nexus is to me - the meeting and connecting that occurs at a spot, within the urban framework. This could work in suburban or rural nexii, but with different elements.
Photos of theurbannexus (1)
- Spoor Hal @ Station Roof @ Bahnsteig Halle 8,586 photos, 535 members
- Architecture (Clean Shots) 16,709 photos, 2,064 members
- Architecture Lab 182,595 photos, 9,736 members
- Architecture 1,858,813 photos, 103,863 members
- Art of fragments 15,927 photos, 312 members
- Human Fragments 610 photos, 88 members
- Fragmented 116 photos, 58 members
- Nederland/The Netherlands 464,877 photos, 10,630 members
- Amsterdam (Mokum) 198,805 photos, 9,465 members
- asia photos 12,723 photos, 367 members
- South Yarra, 3141 13 photos, 5 members
- Praha - Prague 33,353 photos, 2,709 members
- Art Galleries 38,153 photos, 1,650 members
- The Urban Landscape 124,573 photos, 3,610 members
- Buildings/Architecture 1,352,485 photos, 48,899 members
- 2011 Focus Melbourne Open House Competition 2,733 photos, 312 members
- London 1,134,078 photos, 37,162 members
- East London 96,551 photos, 2,673 members
- Seattle 182,979 photos, 8,648 members
- shoot my city 507 photos, 80 members
- Multicultural Australia 981 photos, 86 members
- Hawaii 81,871 photos, 5,469 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 397,618 photos, 102,991 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,820,642 photos, 28,687 members
- Royal Palaces of India 1,008 photos, 108 members
- Taipei 140,403 photos, 4,379 members
- Malaysia Images 187,756 photos, 8,280 members
- Putrajaya Malaysia 4,055 photos, 680 members
- Nikon D700 346,836 photos, 16,091 members
- Sculpture by the Sea 10,498 photos, 574 members
- Indian Weddings 9,518 photos, 1,007 members
- Crinkly-eyed smiles 75 photos, 59 members
- Indian Marriage & Wedding Ceremonies. (ONLY ur BEST) 4,294 photos, 1,809 members
- Sculpture 259,281 photos, 11,674 members
- electriCity (formerly Low Light Lowlife) 352 photos, 328 members
- Available Light / Existing Light 1,385,539 photos, 25,172 members
- PIP Photophlow 217 photos, 83 members
- Babies 136,707 photos, 14,098 members
- World Culture 146,589 photos, 4,337 members
- Dance (new rules) 76,747 photos, 9,603 members
- Museum 212,823 photos, 6,871 members
- Christchurch, New Zealand 20,877 photos, 796 members
- cafe 39,626 photos, 5,791 members
- Airways 13,591 photos, 274 members
- Tasmania 15,665 photos, 1,592 members
- Travel Photojournalism 115,435 photos, 14,113 members
- happydiwali 238 photos, 56 members
- Lights and Shadows 1,109,050 photos, 36,374 members
- Film Database 96,365 photos, 5,699 members
- Wellington, New Zealand 49,939 photos, 2,114 members
"ashish, you manage to capture natural expressions and beauty in your portraiture of friends- many of whom i also know from uni days, and hence i can say that you do portray them in their most candid and relaxed forms, like your shots of aparna ('with permision') and dave & adeline
you also have an eye for appreciating the quirky tiny details that we gloss over in everyday life, for example your shot 'life as viewed by a samosa'
i look forward to seeing your collection of photos evolve, and you have inspired me to get back into taking photos too :)"
January 9th, 2008
"No gimmick or pretence, theurbannexus' stream is a straight forward presentation of the constituents of urban lifestyle. It is a journey of experiencing, reflecting, loving and appreciating which we, as viewers, are warmly invited aboard. I find it very refreshing and relaxing to visit this stream, and it feels a bit like enjoying a decent lifestyle magazine with an added flavor of sincerity and genuineness."
December 29th, 2007
"the world i see through his lens is always something different and something sophisticated. his urban shots have some warmth, the nature landscape carries something humane. he always gives me a very interesting crossroad of a lot of interesting elements he has experienced thorugh his life.
always not too strong, not too insistent.
just simple and comfortable.
his photo world has such a cozy space."
July 14th, 2007
Dave Choy says:
"A wonderful brown-bear like man! A testament to his species!"
June 21st, 2006
- March 2005
- Melbourne, Australia
- I am: