My life in photography.
I got my first camera at about age 10 or 11, a Kodak Brownie Starmite (something like a Kodak roll film version of a Holga, it even had a little lever that adjusted the aperture). I was really thrilled when I could afford a REAL 35MM CAMERA (mail order from Sears, with manual exposure and zone focusing--at least I could focus it, and it had an x-sync jack so I could use a flash gun with flash bulbs--anyone remember those?).
Someone took pity on me an gave me an Olympus Pen EE-S (anyone remember half frame, wait--I see there are half frame groups here) and from there I evolved through an OM-1 and an OM-2s.
I finally figured the writing was on the wall when I saw that my local processing lab was converting it's space into a gallery. So I checked out the options for a DSLR and ended up with an E-510 (I really liked the size and weight of the E-420 after using OM series cameras, but image stabilization was something I wanted). I got the package with two kit lenses, 14-42mm and 40-150mm.
A word of warning. Some of the images in my photostream are scans of slides up to 38 years old (gulp!). My memory of those trips and hikes isn't good enough to guarantee accurate placement on the map or sometimes even identification of the subject, so be forewarned.
Also I'm scanning old slides at the same time I'm posting new digital photos, so expect quit a mix in my photostream.
Cute Flickr add-ons:
or my portfolio on Flickriver
Big Huge Labs Scout
And another way to view my Flickr photos - Fluidr (like the world needs another, but it is nice on black)
Picssr - most interesting
URL mods for the new Flickr UI
To see the old version of a photostream, add "?details=1"
To get the large images of an archive page, add "?view=lg" (or md or sm)
To get stats on a photo page, add "stats/" (your photos only)
To get a thumbnail view of a group pool, add "?thumb=1"
To get the full edit screen for a photo, add edit-details/
To get a map location, insert "map/?photo="
Photos of Distraction Limited (9)
- Colorado - Arizona - Utah Landscapes 854 photos, 53 members
- Cactus & succulent 11,785 photos, 672 members
- Reid Park Zoo 344 photos, 25 members
- Tohono Chul Park 131 photos, 8 members
- Olympus Users 474,475 photos, 8,476 members
- Reptiles & Amphibians 135,396 photos, 13,732 members
- GREAT PANOS 30,979 photos, 3,271 members
- Cloudporn 242,199 photos, 35,939 members
- sky & clouds 789,468 photos, 50,303 members
- Whatever the weather 636,327 photos, 41,568 members
- Macro Photography 478,809 photos, 46,963 members
- Ships of Sail 38,774 photos, 3,083 members
- Gluten-Free Fun 7,614 photos, 704 members
- Sabino Canyon 1,114 photos, 18 members
- Arizona Discovery 73,448 photos, 2,877 members
- PLANET EARTH OUR HOME 439,928 photos, 10,919 members
- San Diego Zoo 24,631 photos, 1,781 members
- San Diego 128,635 photos, 5,730 members
- *Earth *Nature *Life 94,554 photos, 2,145 members
- Tough Mudder (Personal inages from events) 1,053 photos, 111 members
- Nature Shots 1,246,720 photos, 39,760 members
- Tucson Area Nature Photographers 11,728 photos, 98 members
- Pima Air & Space Museum 5,938 photos, 162 members
- Astronomers Talk 14,731 photos, 1,654 members
- Insect Photography 431,303 photos, 23,769 members
- Landscape 934,932 photos, 91,781 members
- Sunrises and Sunsets 299,643 photos, 24,868 members
- Kodachrome 35,843 photos, 2,422 members
- University of Arizona Libraries 47 photos, 8 members
- Olympus OM 107,500 photos, 5,495 members
- 4/3rds Critiques 1,627 photos, 173 members
- Arizona Sonora Desert Museum 2,811 photos, 202 members
- Four Thirds Macro 15,287 photos, 837 members
- MOON Shots 116,165 photos, 24,469 members
- Arizona Wonders (up to 3 in a row) 95,917 photos, 9,968 members
- Lightning 40,111 photos, 15,366 members
- A Very Flickr Christmas 100,612 photos, 11,498 members
- Olympus Pen EE 11,035 photos, 1,304 members
- Arizona Thunderstorms / Storms / Haboobs 4,100 photos, 473 members
- Arizona Nature 44,418 photos, 1,996 members
- Rescued Pets 35,496 photos, 2,614 members
- Navy Ships 19,286 photos, 1,879 members
- 4/3rds Adapters: Legacy Lenses on 4/3rds (& Micro 4/3rds) Bodies 33,820 photos, 2,043 members
- Sky Islands 3,121 photos, 71 members
- Arizona Architecture 3,859 photos, 233 members
- The Olympus OM Crew , aka The Cult of Zuiko 67,994 photos, 3,742 members
- Half frame association 30,675 photos, 2,266 members
- Olympus E-System Community 482,337 photos, 11,399 members
- Arizona Sky 12,083 photos, 588 members
Distraction Limited doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Gene Spesard
- July 2007
- Mesa, AZ
- Tucson, AZ, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Library IT (retired)