My life in photography.
I got my first camera at about age 10 or 11, a Kodak Brownie Starmite (something like a Kodak roll film version of a Holga, it even had a little lever that adjusted the aperture). I was really thrilled when I could afford a REAL 35MM CAMERA (mail order from Sears, with manual exposure and zone focusing--at least I could focus it, and it had an x-sync jack so I could use a flash gun with flash bulbs--anyone remember those?).
Someone took pity on me an gave me an Olympus Pen EE-S (anyone remember half frame, wait--I see there are half frame groups here) and from there I evolved through an OM-1 and an OM-2s.
I finally figured the writing was on the wall when I saw that my local processing lab was converting it's space into a gallery. So I checked out the options for a DSLR and ended up with an E-510 (I really liked the size and weight of the E-420 after using OM series cameras, but image stabilization was something I wanted). I got the package with two kit lenses, 14-42mm and 40-150mm.
A word of warning. Some of the images in my photostream are scans of slides up to 38 years old (gulp!). My memory of those trips and hikes isn't good enough to guarantee accurate placement on the map or sometimes even identification of the subject, so be forewarned.
Also I'm scanning old slides at the same time I'm posting new digital photos, so expect quit a mix in my photostream.
Cute Flickr add-ons:
or my portfolio on Flickriver
Big Huge Labs Scout
And another way to view my Flickr photos - Fluidr (like the world needs another, but it is nice on black)
Picssr - most interesting
URL mods for the new Flickr UI
To see the old version of a photostream, add "?details=1"
To get the large images of an archive page, add "?view=lg" (or md or sm)
To get stats on a photo page, add "stats/" (your photos only)
To get a thumbnail view of a group pool, add "?thumb=1"
To get the full edit screen for a photo, add edit-details/
To get a map location, insert "map/?photo="
Photos of Distraction Limited (9)
- Santa Catalina Mountains 768 photos, 46 members
- MOUNTAIN 74,083 photos, 7,678 members
- Colorado - Arizona - Utah Landscapes 2,105 photos, 84 members
- Cactus & succulent 23,209 photos, 1,221 members
- Reid Park Zoo 473 photos, 28 members
- Tohono Chul Park 175 photos, 10 members
- Olympus Users 550,361 photos, 9,273 members
- Reptiles & Amphibians 148,065 photos, 14,366 members
- GREAT PANOS 45,299 photos, 3,514 members
- Cloudporn 278,326 photos, 41,268 members
- sky & clouds 861,824 photos, 52,104 members
- Whatever the weather 818,856 photos, 47,583 members
- Macro Photography 566,497 photos, 51,059 members
- Ships of Sail 41,954 photos, 3,218 members
- Gluten-Free Fun 8,014 photos, 714 members
- Sabino Canyon 1,459 photos, 20 members
- Arizona Discovery 79,320 photos, 3,010 members
- PLANET EARTH OUR HOME 570,211 photos, 12,088 members
- San Diego Zoo 26,553 photos, 1,848 members
- San Diego 134,179 photos, 5,848 members
- *Earth *Nature *Life 118,961 photos, 2,576 members
- Nature Shots 1,681,480 photos, 47,426 members
- Tucson Area Nature Photographers 14,351 photos, 108 members
- Pima Air & Space Museum 5,897 photos, 165 members
- Astronomers Talk 16,450 photos, 1,702 members
- Insect Photography 481,331 photos, 25,150 members
- Landscape 1,001,485 photos, 97,547 members
- Sunrises and Sunsets 345,168 photos, 26,937 members
- Kodachrome 38,814 photos, 2,502 members
- University of Arizona Libraries 47 photos, 8 members
- Olympus OM 115,805 photos, 5,738 members
- 4/3rds Critiques 1,724 photos, 176 members
- Arizona Sonora Desert Museum 3,153 photos, 218 members
- Four Thirds Macro 16,327 photos, 847 members
- MOON Shots 123,548 photos, 25,336 members
- Arizona Wonders (up to 3 in a row) 102,027 photos, 11,176 members
- Lightning 41,765 photos, 15,844 members
- Olympus Pen EE 11,734 photos, 1,393 members
- Arizona Thunderstorms / Storms / Haboobs 4,342 photos, 494 members
- Arizona Nature 47,458 photos, 2,128 members
- Rescued Pets 36,314 photos, 2,640 members
- Navy Ships 20,359 photos, 1,982 members
- 4/3rds Adapters: Legacy Lenses on 4/3rds (& Micro 4/3rds) Bodies 36,488 photos, 2,096 members
- Sky Islands 3,513 photos, 77 members
- Arizona Architecture 4,150 photos, 243 members
- The Olympus OM Crew , aka The Cult of Zuiko 71,515 photos, 3,913 members
- Half frame association 31,790 photos, 2,312 members
- Olympus E-System Community 511,725 photos, 11,570 members
- Arizona Sky 12,594 photos, 604 members
Distraction Limited doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Gene Spesard
- July 2007
- Mesa, AZ
- Tucson, AZ, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Library IT (retired)