Marshall Strabala is the Chief Architect of Shanghai Tower, working on behalf of the building's owner and developer, Shanghai Tower Construction & Development Co. Ltd. In this role, he directs all design and engineering work on the building.
Strabala also leads STRABALA+, a global architectural firm with offices in Shanghai, Seoul and Chicago.
Marshall Strabala is well-known for designing award-winning office buildings, performing arts venues, and convention and exhibition spaces worldwide.
This includes the design of three of the world's 10 tallest buildings: the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, UAE; the Zifeng Tower in Nanjing, China; and Shanghai Tower, China's tallest building to be completed in late 2015 in Shanghai.
Strabala is a member of the American Institute of Architects, is LEED AP accredited, and a graduate of Harvard University's Graduate School of Design.
His more than 100 works worldwide have been honored with 10 awards and honors, including American Institute of Architects' Honor Awards (2), ASHRAE Excellence in Engineering Awards (2), and the Chicago Architecture Club’s Burnham Prize.
• Shanghai Tower, 128-story office/retail tower under construction and slated for 2015 completion, Shanghai, China
• Burj Khalifa, world's tallest building at 808 meters/2650 feet, Dubai, UAE
• Zifeng Tower, 89-story mixed-use tower completed in 2010, Nanjing, China
• Yingkou Convention and Exposition Center, $68 million facility, slated for 2014 completion, Yingkou, China
• Houston Ballet, $47 million "Center for Dance" opened in 2011, Houston, USA
• 5 Canada Square, 16-story office tower completed in 2003, London, UK
• Hess Tower, 29-story office tower completed in 2009, Houston, USA
Strabala designed the Zifeng Tower, Burj Khalifa, and 5 Canada Square as Associate Partner at Skidmore, Owings and Merrill. He designed the Shanghai Tower, Houston Ballet, and Hess Tower while at Gensler.
Wikipedia Page (中文, Chinese)
EMPORIS LISTING ON 2DEFINE ARCHITECTURE:
EMPORIS LISTING FOR SHANGHAI TOWER
Media may reproduce these Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/architectural-design/collections/ images of Strabala's works for their stories. Please use Photo Credit as provided. If no credit information is provided, use;Photo Credit:
Copyright of Marshall Strabala/STRABALA+ Architecture
Marshall Strabala is an expert on topics including: supertall building design; sustainable design of commercial buildings; and design of performing arts venues. To learn more about him or arrange an interview, please email: email@example.com
Marshall Strabala Chief Architect Shanghai Tower hasn't listed any contacts yet.
Marshall Strabala Chief Architect Shanghai Tower doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Marshall Strabala, Chief Architect, Shanghai Tower
- November 2008
- Seattle, Washington / Orinda, California
- Shanghai, Chicago, Houston
- I am: