I was introduced to Flickr by Honest on 5th January 2005, and have been addicted ever since!
Photography is relatively new to me and only started as a real hobby/passion after I joined Flickr. It has developed into an on and off thing, as you will see from my pictures! I enjoy capturing the moment and then manifesting what is in my mind by manipulating the images and adding words. I love writing. Some of my words are truly personal, while others are just to create a story with the image.
I am very passionate about my faith- any questions on Islam
Thank you Yetti for my first Pro account- Big hugs buddy!
My second generous pro account was courtesy of a person who has requested that he remain anonymous- but a huge thank you to you! Your kindness is much appreciated ;)
The people on my contacts list
are my inspirations as well as good friends- so I invite you all to view their amazing work.
And thank you Honest,
www.flickr.com/photos/crea-tive/ and Le'3z (no link because she has deleted most of her pix :<) for your constant help!
I feel very strongly about the Palestinian cause, and believe in empowering the people. For people living in the UK, I recommend Zaytoun, olive oil from Palestine.
The aim of Zaytoun is to defend the olive tree in Palestine and market its products. The organization works across the West Bank and is focused on working on cooperative principles to give the farmers a stronger voice, invest in agricultural infrastructure and access new markets for their olive oil. The aim is "trade, not aid".
For people in the UK, the shipping cost is slightly high and so Interpal is working with Zaytoun to get this olive oil to more people. (Besides being an ethical cause, the olive oil is mindblowing)
- ₪ NATURE SANCTUARY ₪ (NO buildings, NO people, NO B/W) 216,205 photos, 9,674 members
- * ALL FAITHS ~ Inspiration & Spiritual Photos (post 1~comment 1) 18,802 photos, 861 members
- Window To The Soul - Eye Closeups 871 photos, 368 members
- palestine soul - روح فلسطين 11,554 photos, 404 members
- Sea 41,101 photos, 2,377 members
- A goodbye kiss, you dog 417 photos, 1,073 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 51,515 photos, 6,849 members
- Bluey!... The Nature in Blue 16,476 photos, 1,852 members
- Celebrating Humanity 16,249 photos, 831 members
- Creepy Crawlers 3,782 photos, 282 members
- Stories 1,720 photos, 243 members
- Eye of the Lens 155 photos, 82 members
- «..تراثنــا..» 1,652 photos, 829 members
- The Middle East Corner 5,983 photos, 364 members
- Arab heritage 2,228 photos, 547 members
- Sepia Club 21,537 photos, 2,438 members
- Passionately Pink for the Cure 64,850 photos, 12,832 members
- " Art of the Light " ☆☆☆☆☆ 140,951 photos, 12,721 members
- WellTaken 82,357 photos, 6,698 members
- d r e a m s c a p e s 535,643 photos, 21,092 members
- HDR - From The Real Masters 106,681 photos, 2,690 members
- The Beautiful People (faces required) 6,111 photos, 593 members
- Extraordinary Compositions 5,075 photos, 13,100 members
- One Of A Kind 838,083 photos, 21,505 members
- People In The Windows 11,444 photos, 2,254 members
- Middle Eastern Photographers (Invite your contacts!) 17,148 photos, 1,146 members
- Kuwaities With No Limitations ;) 10,463 photos, 708 members
- Sunrises and Sunsets 443,281 photos, 30,151 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 1,190,517 photos, 129,970 members
- For.Anomalous 1 photo, 30 members
- Trottsonian 61 photos, 18 members
- Freedom 8,315 photos, 590 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 165,336 photos, 11,119 members
- MOON Shots 142,270 photos, 26,742 members
- Art Poésie Musique 3,733 photos, 343 members
- i adore poetry 419 photos, 172 members
- Faces ( Human Faces) only PHOTOS! 299,216 photos, 16,293 members
- Whatever the weather 1,037,816 photos, 54,832 members
- oliveworld 809 photos, 191 members
- Olives and Olive Trees 2,594 photos, 610 members
- The Bottle Coddle 2,350 photos, 696 members
- The Wall 4,600 photos, 695 members
- Fair Trade 2,807 photos, 235 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,454,599 photos, 87,095 members
- The ART of Security 2,202 photos, 455 members
- International Exposition 2007: CONFINI / BOUNDARIES April 13th 465 photos, 854 members
- Healing 15,538 photos, 1,067 members
- Keep Reaching for a Star in 2012 5,524 photos, 2,414 members
- Flickration 2,447 photos, 94 members
- EVERYONE A CHANGEMAKER 6,494 photos, 1,234 members
"I come here more than she knows… slipping in and out of her photostream. Looking at images... reading words. Thinking.
I've found that "here" it's the twin guiding stars of beauty and tolerance ~ that chart the way. And in a fractured, sometimes hemorrhaging world those are virtues which make "Aphrodite's photostream" an Oasis to the eye, and to the soul.
Spend an hour here and you will smile … and you will sigh, and you will promise yourself to return again and again. (And best of all it’s a genuinely sweet promise you will keep!)"
October 14th, 2007
"She simmers with life, with barely bridled passions and somehow, like some adept Goddess controlling our sun's fusion, she keeps them all simultaneously flaring but miraculously without injury to the mortals gathered around in awe and amazement.
I don't know what they feed these astonishing girls from Dubai (raw hydrogen?) but it is a thrill and joy to see them and the wonders they perform with the seeming ease of a magician's sleight of hand trick.
She's fun, funny, otherwordly talented with a penchant for the occasional left hook 'out of nowhere' photo/word that'll shock and knock you flat on the floor. Her photos are not really contained by their borders, they're overflowing with ideas and emotions and always touched by her soul. If you're new here, fasten your seatbelts, return your tray tables to their orignial upright and locked positions... then hang on, you're in for a thrill!"
September 21st, 2006
Life By Light says:
"Aphrodite has a talent on photography for all to see, her words and meanings for her work show a soul that is both intelligent and artistic.
I look forward to future photos.
December 21st, 2005
yettis doings says:
"Aphrodites' work is always impressive,
always thought provoking, sometimes provocative always well thought out. Shes' got class, shes' got style and if she wants to she could go a long way in her photographic career."
March 1st, 2005
* Honest * says:
"Aphrodite's photos are $imply wonderful ! There is always a hidden message in her photos which i find intriguing and always open to interprotation.
I LoVe the fact that she takes photos that actually say something.. and not just take pictures for the sake of taking pictures."
February 19th, 2005
- January 2005
- United Arab Emirates
- Berkeley, CA :)
- I am: