I was introduced to Flickr by Honest on 5th January 2005, and have been addicted ever since!
Photography is relatively new to me and only started as a real hobby/passion after I joined Flickr. It has developed into an on and off thing, as you will see from my pictures! I enjoy capturing the moment and then manifesting what is in my mind by manipulating the images and adding words. I love writing. Some of my words are truly personal, while others are just to create a story with the image.
I am very passionate about my faith- any questions on Islam
Thank you Yetti for my first Pro account- Big hugs buddy!
My second generous pro account was courtesy of a person who has requested that he remain anonymous- but a huge thank you to you! Your kindness is much appreciated ;)
The people on my contacts list
are my inspirations as well as good friends- so I invite you all to view their amazing work.
And thank you Honest,
www.flickr.com/photos/crea-tive/ and Le'3z (no link because she has deleted most of her pix :<) for your constant help!
I feel very strongly about the Palestinian cause, and believe in empowering the people. For people living in the UK, I recommend Zaytoun, olive oil from Palestine.
The aim of Zaytoun is to defend the olive tree in Palestine and market its products. The organization works across the West Bank and is focused on working on cooperative principles to give the farmers a stronger voice, invest in agricultural infrastructure and access new markets for their olive oil. The aim is "trade, not aid".
For people in the UK, the shipping cost is slightly high and so Interpal is working with Zaytoun to get this olive oil to more people. (Besides being an ethical cause, the olive oil is mindblowing)
- ₪ NATURE SANCTUARY ₪ (NO buildings, NO people, NO B/W) 202,027 photos, 9,632 members
- * ALL FAITHS ~ Inspiration & Spiritual Photos (post 1~comment 1) 19,963 photos, 872 members
- Window To The Soul - Eye Closeups 1,113 photos, 368 members
- palestine soul - روح فلسطين 11,300 photos, 399 members
- Sea 38,857 photos, 2,376 members
- A goodbye kiss, you dog 472 photos, 1,080 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 51,668 photos, 6,832 members
- Bluey!... The Nature in Blue 15,901 photos, 1,863 members
- Celebrating Humanity 15,069 photos, 836 members
- Creepy Crawlers 3,821 photos, 283 members
- Stories 1,827 photos, 231 members
- Eye of the Lens 162 photos, 84 members
- «..تراثنــا..» 1,604 photos, 828 members
- The Middle East Corner 6,175 photos, 358 members
- Arab heritage 2,132 photos, 539 members
- Sepia Club 20,983 photos, 2,412 members
- Passionately Pink for the Cure 65,468 photos, 12,970 members
- " Art of the Light " ☆☆☆☆☆ 114,593 photos, 12,220 members
- WellTaken 81,079 photos, 6,761 members
- d r e a m s c a p e s 515,027 photos, 20,704 members
- HDR - From The Real Masters 103,476 photos, 2,716 members
- The Beautiful People (faces required) 5,859 photos, 594 members
- Extraordinary Compositions 529,263 photos, 13,134 members
- One Of A Kind 823,418 photos, 21,626 members
- People In The Windows 10,518 photos, 2,237 members
- Middle Eastern Photographers (Invite your contacts!) 16,902 photos, 1,135 members
- Kuwaities With No Limitations ;) 10,496 photos, 712 members
- Sunrises and Sunsets 406,174 photos, 29,146 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 1,127,853 photos, 126,308 members
- For.Anomalous 1 photo, 31 members
- Trottsonian 50 photos, 18 members
- Freedom 8,045 photos, 586 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 156,133 photos, 11,048 members
- MOON Shots 133,037 photos, 26,204 members
- Art Poésie Musique 3,819 photos, 347 members
- i adore poetry 418 photos, 173 members
- Faces ( Human Faces) only PHOTOS! 299,022 photos, 16,434 members
- Whatever the weather 1,035,619 photos, 53,021 members
- oliveworld 818 photos, 194 members
- Olives and Olive Trees 2,485 photos, 594 members
- The Bottle Coddle 2,144 photos, 701 members
- The Wall 4,302 photos, 694 members
- Fair Trade 2,740 photos, 235 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,507,343 photos, 86,945 members
- The ART of Security 2,042 photos, 455 members
- International Exposition 2007: CONFINI / BOUNDARIES April 13th 466 photos, 866 members
- Healing 15,542 photos, 1,083 members
- Keep Reaching for a Star in 2012 5,267 photos, 2,424 members
- Flickration 2,158 photos, 94 members
- EVERYONE A CHANGEMAKER 6,054 photos, 1,229 members
"I come here more than she knows… slipping in and out of her photostream. Looking at images... reading words. Thinking.
I've found that "here" it's the twin guiding stars of beauty and tolerance ~ that chart the way. And in a fractured, sometimes hemorrhaging world those are virtues which make "Aphrodite's photostream" an Oasis to the eye, and to the soul.
Spend an hour here and you will smile … and you will sigh, and you will promise yourself to return again and again. (And best of all it’s a genuinely sweet promise you will keep!)"
October 14th, 2007
"She simmers with life, with barely bridled passions and somehow, like some adept Goddess controlling our sun's fusion, she keeps them all simultaneously flaring but miraculously without injury to the mortals gathered around in awe and amazement.
I don't know what they feed these astonishing girls from Dubai (raw hydrogen?) but it is a thrill and joy to see them and the wonders they perform with the seeming ease of a magician's sleight of hand trick.
She's fun, funny, otherwordly talented with a penchant for the occasional left hook 'out of nowhere' photo/word that'll shock and knock you flat on the floor. Her photos are not really contained by their borders, they're overflowing with ideas and emotions and always touched by her soul. If you're new here, fasten your seatbelts, return your tray tables to their orignial upright and locked positions... then hang on, you're in for a thrill!"
September 21st, 2006
Life By Light says:
"Aphrodite has a talent on photography for all to see, her words and meanings for her work show a soul that is both intelligent and artistic.
I look forward to future photos.
December 21st, 2005
yettis doings says:
"Aphrodites' work is always impressive,
always thought provoking, sometimes provocative always well thought out. Shes' got class, shes' got style and if she wants to she could go a long way in her photographic career."
March 1st, 2005
* Honest * says:
"Aphrodite's photos are $imply wonderful ! There is always a hidden message in her photos which i find intriguing and always open to interprotation.
I LoVe the fact that she takes photos that actually say something.. and not just take pictures for the sake of taking pictures."
February 19th, 2005
- January 2005
- United Arab Emirates
- Berkeley, CA :)
- I am: