I was introduced to Flickr by Honest on 5th January 2005, and have been addicted ever since!
Photography is relatively new to me and only started as a real hobby/passion after I joined Flickr. It has developed into an on and off thing, as you will see from my pictures! I enjoy capturing the moment and then manifesting what is in my mind by manipulating the images and adding words. I love writing. Some of my words are truly personal, while others are just to create a story with the image.
I am very passionate about my faith- any questions on Islam
Thank you Yetti for my first Pro account- Big hugs buddy!
My second generous pro account was courtesy of a person who has requested that he remain anonymous- but a huge thank you to you! Your kindness is much appreciated ;)
The people on my contacts list
are my inspirations as well as good friends- so I invite you all to view their amazing work.
And thank you Honest,
www.flickr.com/photos/crea-tive/ and Le'3z (no link because she has deleted most of her pix :<) for your constant help!
I feel very strongly about the Palestinian cause, and believe in empowering the people. For people living in the UK, I recommend Zaytoun, olive oil from Palestine.
The aim of Zaytoun is to defend the olive tree in Palestine and market its products. The organization works across the West Bank and is focused on working on cooperative principles to give the farmers a stronger voice, invest in agricultural infrastructure and access new markets for their olive oil. The aim is "trade, not aid".
For people in the UK, the shipping cost is slightly high and so Interpal is working with Zaytoun to get this olive oil to more people. (Besides being an ethical cause, the olive oil is mindblowing)
- ₪ NATURE SANCTUARY ₪ (NO buildings, NO people, NO B/W) 208,106 photos, 9,665 members
- * ALL FAITHS ~ Inspiration & Spiritual Photos (post 1~comment 1) 19,220 photos, 866 members
- Window To The Soul - Eye Closeups 1,109 photos, 367 members
- palestine soul - روح فلسطين 11,407 photos, 407 members
- Sea 40,371 photos, 2,377 members
- A goodbye kiss, you dog 491 photos, 1,078 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 51,882 photos, 6,881 members
- Bluey!... The Nature in Blue 16,242 photos, 1,863 members
- Celebrating Humanity 16,092 photos, 838 members
- Creepy Crawlers 3,760 photos, 283 members
- Stories 1,846 photos, 238 members
- Eye of the Lens 161 photos, 84 members
- «..تراثنــا..» 1,648 photos, 829 members
- The Middle East Corner 6,488 photos, 363 members
- Arab heritage 2,159 photos, 544 members
- Sepia Club 21,373 photos, 2,429 members
- Passionately Pink for the Cure 65,411 photos, 12,927 members
- " Art of the Light " ☆☆☆☆☆ 122,948 photos, 12,441 members
- WellTaken 83,345 photos, 6,760 members
- d r e a m s c a p e s 538,415 photos, 20,995 members
- HDR - From The Real Masters 107,061 photos, 2,719 members
- The Beautiful People (faces required) 6,048 photos, 602 members
- Extraordinary Compositions 533,473 photos, 13,170 members
- One Of A Kind 835,250 photos, 21,635 members
- People In The Windows 10,971 photos, 2,241 members
- Middle Eastern Photographers (Invite your contacts!) 17,185 photos, 1,138 members
- Kuwaities With No Limitations ;) 10,469 photos, 710 members
- Sunrises and Sunsets 427,815 photos, 29,711 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 1,157,212 photos, 128,257 members
- For.Anomalous 1 photo, 31 members
- Trottsonian 56 photos, 18 members
- Freedom 8,169 photos, 588 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 159,418 photos, 11,075 members
- MOON Shots 137,748 photos, 26,521 members
- Art Poésie Musique 3,802 photos, 347 members
- i adore poetry 419 photos, 173 members
- Faces ( Human Faces) only PHOTOS! 299,699 photos, 16,397 members
- Whatever the weather 1,049,407 photos, 54,104 members
- oliveworld 816 photos, 193 members
- Olives and Olive Trees 2,566 photos, 606 members
- The Bottle Coddle 2,245 photos, 703 members
- The Wall 4,466 photos, 694 members
- Fair Trade 2,780 photos, 235 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,459,395 photos, 88,028 members
- The ART of Security 2,082 photos, 457 members
- International Exposition 2007: CONFINI / BOUNDARIES April 13th 466 photos, 860 members
- Healing 15,659 photos, 1,077 members
- Keep Reaching for a Star in 2012 5,441 photos, 2,415 members
- Flickration 2,268 photos, 94 members
- EVERYONE A CHANGEMAKER 6,299 photos, 1,237 members
"I come here more than she knows… slipping in and out of her photostream. Looking at images... reading words. Thinking.
I've found that "here" it's the twin guiding stars of beauty and tolerance ~ that chart the way. And in a fractured, sometimes hemorrhaging world those are virtues which make "Aphrodite's photostream" an Oasis to the eye, and to the soul.
Spend an hour here and you will smile … and you will sigh, and you will promise yourself to return again and again. (And best of all it’s a genuinely sweet promise you will keep!)"
October 14th, 2007
"She simmers with life, with barely bridled passions and somehow, like some adept Goddess controlling our sun's fusion, she keeps them all simultaneously flaring but miraculously without injury to the mortals gathered around in awe and amazement.
I don't know what they feed these astonishing girls from Dubai (raw hydrogen?) but it is a thrill and joy to see them and the wonders they perform with the seeming ease of a magician's sleight of hand trick.
She's fun, funny, otherwordly talented with a penchant for the occasional left hook 'out of nowhere' photo/word that'll shock and knock you flat on the floor. Her photos are not really contained by their borders, they're overflowing with ideas and emotions and always touched by her soul. If you're new here, fasten your seatbelts, return your tray tables to their orignial upright and locked positions... then hang on, you're in for a thrill!"
September 21st, 2006
Life By Light says:
"Aphrodite has a talent on photography for all to see, her words and meanings for her work show a soul that is both intelligent and artistic.
I look forward to future photos.
December 21st, 2005
yettis doings says:
"Aphrodites' work is always impressive,
always thought provoking, sometimes provocative always well thought out. Shes' got class, shes' got style and if she wants to she could go a long way in her photographic career."
March 1st, 2005
* Honest * says:
"Aphrodite's photos are $imply wonderful ! There is always a hidden message in her photos which i find intriguing and always open to interprotation.
I LoVe the fact that she takes photos that actually say something.. and not just take pictures for the sake of taking pictures."
February 19th, 2005
- January 2005
- United Arab Emirates
- Berkeley, CA :)
- I am: