I was introduced to Flickr by Honest on 5th January 2005, and have been addicted ever since!
Photography is relatively new to me and only started as a real hobby/passion after I joined Flickr. It has developed into an on and off thing, as you will see from my pictures! I enjoy capturing the moment and then manifesting what is in my mind by manipulating the images and adding words. I love writing. Some of my words are truly personal, while others are just to create a story with the image.
I am very passionate about my faith- any questions on Islam
Thank you Yetti for my first Pro account- Big hugs buddy!
My second generous pro account was courtesy of a person who has requested that he remain anonymous- but a huge thank you to you! Your kindness is much appreciated ;)
The people on my contacts list
are my inspirations as well as good friends- so I invite you all to view their amazing work.
And thank you Honest,
www.flickr.com/photos/crea-tive/ and Le'3z (no link because she has deleted most of her pix :<) for your constant help!
I feel very strongly about the Palestinian cause, and believe in empowering the people. For people living in the UK, I recommend Zaytoun, olive oil from Palestine.
The aim of Zaytoun is to defend the olive tree in Palestine and market its products. The organization works across the West Bank and is focused on working on cooperative principles to give the farmers a stronger voice, invest in agricultural infrastructure and access new markets for their olive oil. The aim is "trade, not aid".
For people in the UK, the shipping cost is slightly high and so Interpal is working with Zaytoun to get this olive oil to more people. (Besides being an ethical cause, the olive oil is mindblowing)
- ₪ NATURE SANCTUARY ₪ (NO buildings, NO people, NO B/W) 170,747 photos, 9,230 members
- * ALL FAITHS ~ Inspiration & Spiritual Photos (post 1~comment 1) 21,023 photos, 896 members
- Window To The Soul - Eye Closeups 1,160 photos, 373 members
- palestine soul - روح فلسطين 10,964 photos, 368 members
- Sea 31,112 photos, 2,164 members
- A goodbye kiss, you dog 367 photos, 1,083 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 53,851 photos, 6,867 members
- Bluey!... The Nature in Blue....... Only Nature Please! 14,341 photos, 1,798 members
- Celebrating Humanity 11,323 photos, 831 members
- Creepy Crawlers 3,123 photos, 256 members
- Stories 1,548 photos, 210 members
- Eye of the Lens 171 photos, 85 members
- «..تراثنــا..» 1,193 photos, 832 members
- The Middle East Corner 5,233 photos, 346 members
- Arab heritage 1,853 photos, 521 members
- Sepia Club 18,891 photos, 2,229 members
- Passionately Pink for the Cure 66,275 photos, 13,083 members
- " Art of the Light " ☆☆☆☆☆ 83,189 photos, 11,020 members
- WellTaken 69,639 photos, 6,730 members
- d r e a m s c a p e s 387,749 photos, 18,390 members
- HDR - From The Real Masters 86,058 photos, 2,656 members
- The Beautiful People (faces required) 4,854 photos, 569 members
- Extraordinary Compositions 417,313 photos, 12,256 members
- One Of A Kind 722,274 photos, 21,083 members
- People In The Windows 8,691 photos, 2,044 members
- Middle Eastern Photographers (Invite your contacts!) 14,664 photos, 1,067 members
- Kuwaities With No Limitations ;) 10,279 photos, 718 members
- Sunrises and Sunsets 308,636 photos, 25,269 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 934,619 photos, 116,442 members
- For.Anomalous 1 photo, 31 members
- Trottsonian 6 photos, 18 members
- Freedom 7,583 photos, 573 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 137,127 photos, 10,541 members
- MOON Shots 117,636 photos, 24,663 members
- Art Poésie Musique 3,864 photos, 352 members
- i adore poetry 500 photos, 175 members
- Faces ( Human Faces) only PHOTOS! 287,515 photos, 16,316 members
- Whatever the weather 668,769 photos, 42,869 members
- oliveworld 770 photos, 186 members
- Olives and Olive Trees 2,268 photos, 550 members
- The Bottle Coddle 2,011 photos, 692 members
- The Wall 3,111 photos, 673 members
- Fair Trade 2,343 photos, 233 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,632,488 photos, 80,331 members
- The ART of Security 1,887 photos, 425 members
- International Exposition 2007: CONFINI / BOUNDARIES April 13th 480 photos, 873 members
- Healing 14,363 photos, 1,064 members
- Keep Reaching for a Star in 2012 5,030 photos, 2,428 members
- Flickration 1,773 photos, 94 members
- EVERYONE A CHANGEMAKER 5,837 photos, 1,200 members
"I come here more than she knows… slipping in and out of her photostream. Looking at images... reading words. Thinking.
I've found that "here" it's the twin guiding stars of beauty and tolerance ~ that chart the way. And in a fractured, sometimes hemorrhaging world those are virtues which make "Aphrodite's photostream" an Oasis to the eye, and to the soul.
Spend an hour here and you will smile … and you will sigh, and you will promise yourself to return again and again. (And best of all it’s a genuinely sweet promise you will keep!)"
October 14th, 2007
"She simmers with life, with barely bridled passions and somehow, like some adept Goddess controlling our sun's fusion, she keeps them all simultaneously flaring but miraculously without injury to the mortals gathered around in awe and amazement.
I don't know what they feed these astonishing girls from Dubai (raw hydrogen?) but it is a thrill and joy to see them and the wonders they perform with the seeming ease of a magician's sleight of hand trick.
She's fun, funny, otherwordly talented with a penchant for the occasional left hook 'out of nowhere' photo/word that'll shock and knock you flat on the floor. Her photos are not really contained by their borders, they're overflowing with ideas and emotions and always touched by her soul. If you're new here, fasten your seatbelts, return your tray tables to their orignial upright and locked positions... then hang on, you're in for a thrill!"
September 21st, 2006
Life By Light says:
"Aphrodite has a talent on photography for all to see, her words and meanings for her work show a soul that is both intelligent and artistic.
I look forward to future photos.
December 21st, 2005
yettis doings says:
"Aphrodites' work is always impressive,
always thought provoking, sometimes provocative always well thought out. Shes' got class, shes' got style and if she wants to she could go a long way in her photographic career."
March 1st, 2005
* Honest * says:
"Aphrodite's photos are $imply wonderful ! There is always a hidden message in her photos which i find intriguing and always open to interprotation.
I LoVe the fact that she takes photos that actually say something.. and not just take pictures for the sake of taking pictures."
February 19th, 2005
- January 2005
- United Arab Emirates
- Berkeley, CA :)
- I am: