I was introduced to Flickr by Honest on 5th January 2005, and have been addicted ever since!
Photography is relatively new to me and only started as a real hobby/passion after I joined Flickr. It has developed into an on and off thing, as you will see from my pictures! I enjoy capturing the moment and then manifesting what is in my mind by manipulating the images and adding words. I love writing. Some of my words are truly personal, while others are just to create a story with the image.
I am very passionate about my faith- any questions on Islam
Thank you Yetti for my first Pro account- Big hugs buddy!
My second generous pro account was courtesy of a person who has requested that he remain anonymous- but a huge thank you to you! Your kindness is much appreciated ;)
The people on my contacts list
are my inspirations as well as good friends- so I invite you all to view their amazing work.
And thank you Honest,
www.flickr.com/photos/crea-tive/ and Le'3z (no link because she has deleted most of her pix :<) for your constant help!
I feel very strongly about the Palestinian cause, and believe in empowering the people. For people living in the UK, I recommend Zaytoun, olive oil from Palestine.
The aim of Zaytoun is to defend the olive tree in Palestine and market its products. The organization works across the West Bank and is focused on working on cooperative principles to give the farmers a stronger voice, invest in agricultural infrastructure and access new markets for their olive oil. The aim is "trade, not aid".
For people in the UK, the shipping cost is slightly high and so Interpal is working with Zaytoun to get this olive oil to more people. (Besides being an ethical cause, the olive oil is mindblowing)
- ₪ NATURE SANCTUARY ₪ (NO buildings, NO people, NO B/W) 165,694 photos, 9,156 members
- * ALL FAITHS ~ Inspiration & Spiritual Photos (post 1~comment 1) 20,810 photos, 891 members
- Window To The Soul - Eye Closeups 1,161 photos, 372 members
- palestine soul - روح فلسطين 10,918 photos, 357 members
- Sea 30,170 photos, 2,121 members
- A goodbye kiss, you dog 486 photos, 1,081 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 53,960 photos, 6,837 members
- Bluey!... The Nature in Blue....... Only Nature Please! 14,156 photos, 1,794 members
- Celebrating Humanity 11,171 photos, 830 members
- Creepy Crawlers 3,030 photos, 253 members
- Stories 1,516 photos, 209 members
- Eye of the Lens 171 photos, 85 members
- «..تراثنــا..» 1,131 photos, 833 members
- The Middle East Corner 5,151 photos, 343 members
- Arab heritage 1,795 photos, 515 members
- Sepia Club 18,392 photos, 2,189 members
- Passionately Pink for the Cure 66,278 photos, 13,094 members
- " Art of the Light " ☆☆☆☆☆ 78,545 photos, 10,749 members
- WellTaken 68,247 photos, 6,721 members
- d r e a m s c a p e s 367,439 photos, 17,900 members
- HDR - From The Real Masters 84,191 photos, 2,640 members
- The Beautiful People (faces required) 4,700 photos, 563 members
- Extraordinary Compositions 401,661 photos, 12,055 members
- One Of A Kind 709,841 photos, 20,982 members
- People In The Windows 8,419 photos, 2,010 members
- Middle Eastern Photographers (Invite your contacts!) 14,416 photos, 1,057 members
- Kuwaities With No Limitations ;) 10,200 photos, 720 members
- Sunrises and Sunsets 293,668 photos, 24,567 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 902,666 photos, 114,672 members
- For.Anomalous 1 photo, 31 members
- Trottsonian 161 photos, 18 members
- Freedom 7,383 photos, 572 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 135,096 photos, 10,495 members
- MOON Shots 113,283 photos, 24,059 members
- Art Poésie Musique 3,908 photos, 352 members
- i adore poetry 499 photos, 176 members
- Faces ( Human Faces) only PHOTOS! 285,057 photos, 16,285 members
- Whatever the weather 615,345 photos, 40,610 members
- oliveworld 770 photos, 186 members
- Olives and Olive Trees 2,235 photos, 549 members
- The Bottle Coddle 2,019 photos, 690 members
- The Wall 3,111 photos, 667 members
- Fair Trade 2,313 photos, 232 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,630,197 photos, 78,873 members
- The ART of Security 1,877 photos, 419 members
- International Exposition 2007: CONFINI / BOUNDARIES April 13th 480 photos, 871 members
- Healing 14,382 photos, 1,065 members
- Keep Reaching for a Star in 2012 5,101 photos, 2,428 members
- Flickration 1,721 photos, 94 members
- EVERYONE A CHANGEMAKER 5,757 photos, 1,194 members
"I come here more than she knows… slipping in and out of her photostream. Looking at images... reading words. Thinking.
I've found that "here" it's the twin guiding stars of beauty and tolerance ~ that chart the way. And in a fractured, sometimes hemorrhaging world those are virtues which make "Aphrodite's photostream" an Oasis to the eye, and to the soul.
Spend an hour here and you will smile … and you will sigh, and you will promise yourself to return again and again. (And best of all it’s a genuinely sweet promise you will keep!)"
October 14th, 2007
"She simmers with life, with barely bridled passions and somehow, like some adept Goddess controlling our sun's fusion, she keeps them all simultaneously flaring but miraculously without injury to the mortals gathered around in awe and amazement.
I don't know what they feed these astonishing girls from Dubai (raw hydrogen?) but it is a thrill and joy to see them and the wonders they perform with the seeming ease of a magician's sleight of hand trick.
She's fun, funny, otherwordly talented with a penchant for the occasional left hook 'out of nowhere' photo/word that'll shock and knock you flat on the floor. Her photos are not really contained by their borders, they're overflowing with ideas and emotions and always touched by her soul. If you're new here, fasten your seatbelts, return your tray tables to their orignial upright and locked positions... then hang on, you're in for a thrill!"
September 21st, 2006
Life By Light says:
"Aphrodite has a talent on photography for all to see, her words and meanings for her work show a soul that is both intelligent and artistic.
I look forward to future photos.
December 21st, 2005
yettis doings says:
"Aphrodites' work is always impressive,
always thought provoking, sometimes provocative always well thought out. Shes' got class, shes' got style and if she wants to she could go a long way in her photographic career."
March 1st, 2005
* Honest * says:
"Aphrodite's photos are $imply wonderful ! There is always a hidden message in her photos which i find intriguing and always open to interprotation.
I LoVe the fact that she takes photos that actually say something.. and not just take pictures for the sake of taking pictures."
February 19th, 2005
- January 2005
- United Arab Emirates
- Berkeley, CA :)
- I am: