I was introduced to Flickr by Honest on 5th January 2005, and have been addicted ever since!
Photography is relatively new to me and only started as a real hobby/passion after I joined Flickr. It has developed into an on and off thing, as you will see from my pictures! I enjoy capturing the moment and then manifesting what is in my mind by manipulating the images and adding words. I love writing. Some of my words are truly personal, while others are just to create a story with the image.
I am very passionate about my faith- any questions on Islam
Thank you Yetti for my first Pro account- Big hugs buddy!
My second generous pro account was courtesy of a person who has requested that he remain anonymous- but a huge thank you to you! Your kindness is much appreciated ;)
The people on my contacts list
are my inspirations as well as good friends- so I invite you all to view their amazing work.
And thank you Honest,
www.flickr.com/photos/crea-tive/ and Le'3z (no link because she has deleted most of her pix :<) for your constant help!
I feel very strongly about the Palestinian cause, and believe in empowering the people. For people living in the UK, I recommend Zaytoun, olive oil from Palestine.
The aim of Zaytoun is to defend the olive tree in Palestine and market its products. The organization works across the West Bank and is focused on working on cooperative principles to give the farmers a stronger voice, invest in agricultural infrastructure and access new markets for their olive oil. The aim is "trade, not aid".
For people in the UK, the shipping cost is slightly high and so Interpal is working with Zaytoun to get this olive oil to more people. (Besides being an ethical cause, the olive oil is mindblowing)
- ₪ NATURE SANCTUARY ₪ (NO buildings, NO people, NO B/W) 167,544 photos, 9,199 members
- * ALL FAITHS ~ Inspiration & Spiritual Photos (post 1~comment 1) 20,895 photos, 890 members
- Window To The Soul - Eye Closeups 1,160 photos, 372 members
- palestine soul - روح فلسطين 10,927 photos, 360 members
- Sea 30,621 photos, 2,142 members
- A goodbye kiss, you dog 365 photos, 1,084 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 54,037 photos, 6,867 members
- Bluey!... The Nature in Blue....... Only Nature Please! 14,232 photos, 1,797 members
- Celebrating Humanity 11,224 photos, 828 members
- Creepy Crawlers 3,083 photos, 254 members
- Stories 1,536 photos, 209 members
- Eye of the Lens 171 photos, 85 members
- «..تراثنــا..» 1,145 photos, 833 members
- The Middle East Corner 5,176 photos, 343 members
- Arab heritage 1,829 photos, 519 members
- Sepia Club 18,626 photos, 2,208 members
- Passionately Pink for the Cure 66,244 photos, 13,088 members
- " Art of the Light " ☆☆☆☆☆ 80,463 photos, 10,871 members
- WellTaken 68,961 photos, 6,725 members
- d r e a m s c a p e s 375,572 photos, 18,097 members
- HDR - From The Real Masters 85,263 photos, 2,647 members
- The Beautiful People (faces required) 4,809 photos, 565 members
- Extraordinary Compositions 407,898 photos, 12,134 members
- One Of A Kind 714,582 photos, 21,017 members
- People In The Windows 8,488 photos, 2,017 members
- Middle Eastern Photographers (Invite your contacts!) 14,520 photos, 1,060 members
- Kuwaities With No Limitations ;) 10,169 photos, 721 members
- Sunrises and Sunsets 299,725 photos, 24,872 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 916,056 photos, 115,446 members
- For.Anomalous 1 photo, 31 members
- Trottsonian 4 photos, 18 members
- Freedom 7,417 photos, 570 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 136,197 photos, 10,507 members
- MOON Shots 116,186 photos, 24,472 members
- Art Poésie Musique 3,874 photos, 352 members
- i adore poetry 500 photos, 176 members
- Faces ( Human Faces) only PHOTOS! 286,508 photos, 16,300 members
- Whatever the weather 636,581 photos, 41,575 members
- oliveworld 770 photos, 186 members
- Olives and Olive Trees 2,242 photos, 550 members
- The Bottle Coddle 2,018 photos, 691 members
- The Wall 3,097 photos, 670 members
- Fair Trade 2,343 photos, 232 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,637,693 photos, 79,455 members
- The ART of Security 1,879 photos, 421 members
- International Exposition 2007: CONFINI / BOUNDARIES April 13th 480 photos, 872 members
- Healing 14,423 photos, 1,066 members
- Keep Reaching for a Star in 2012 5,110 photos, 2,429 members
- Flickration 1,734 photos, 94 members
- EVERYONE A CHANGEMAKER 5,782 photos, 1,196 members
"I come here more than she knows… slipping in and out of her photostream. Looking at images... reading words. Thinking.
I've found that "here" it's the twin guiding stars of beauty and tolerance ~ that chart the way. And in a fractured, sometimes hemorrhaging world those are virtues which make "Aphrodite's photostream" an Oasis to the eye, and to the soul.
Spend an hour here and you will smile … and you will sigh, and you will promise yourself to return again and again. (And best of all it’s a genuinely sweet promise you will keep!)"
October 14th, 2007
"She simmers with life, with barely bridled passions and somehow, like some adept Goddess controlling our sun's fusion, she keeps them all simultaneously flaring but miraculously without injury to the mortals gathered around in awe and amazement.
I don't know what they feed these astonishing girls from Dubai (raw hydrogen?) but it is a thrill and joy to see them and the wonders they perform with the seeming ease of a magician's sleight of hand trick.
She's fun, funny, otherwordly talented with a penchant for the occasional left hook 'out of nowhere' photo/word that'll shock and knock you flat on the floor. Her photos are not really contained by their borders, they're overflowing with ideas and emotions and always touched by her soul. If you're new here, fasten your seatbelts, return your tray tables to their orignial upright and locked positions... then hang on, you're in for a thrill!"
September 21st, 2006
Life By Light says:
"Aphrodite has a talent on photography for all to see, her words and meanings for her work show a soul that is both intelligent and artistic.
I look forward to future photos.
December 21st, 2005
yettis doings says:
"Aphrodites' work is always impressive,
always thought provoking, sometimes provocative always well thought out. Shes' got class, shes' got style and if she wants to she could go a long way in her photographic career."
March 1st, 2005
* Honest * says:
"Aphrodite's photos are $imply wonderful ! There is always a hidden message in her photos which i find intriguing and always open to interprotation.
I LoVe the fact that she takes photos that actually say something.. and not just take pictures for the sake of taking pictures."
February 19th, 2005
- January 2005
- United Arab Emirates
- Berkeley, CA :)
- I am: