I was introduced to Flickr by Honest on 5th January 2005, and have been addicted ever since!
Photography is relatively new to me and only started as a real hobby/passion after I joined Flickr. It has developed into an on and off thing, as you will see from my pictures! I enjoy capturing the moment and then manifesting what is in my mind by manipulating the images and adding words. I love writing. Some of my words are truly personal, while others are just to create a story with the image.
I am very passionate about my faith- any questions on Islam
Thank you Yetti for my first Pro account- Big hugs buddy!
My second generous pro account was courtesy of a person who has requested that he remain anonymous- but a huge thank you to you! Your kindness is much appreciated ;)
The people on my contacts list
are my inspirations as well as good friends- so I invite you all to view their amazing work.
And thank you Honest,
www.flickr.com/photos/crea-tive/ and Le'3z (no link because she has deleted most of her pix :<) for your constant help!
I feel very strongly about the Palestinian cause, and believe in empowering the people. For people living in the UK, I recommend Zaytoun, olive oil from Palestine.
The aim of Zaytoun is to defend the olive tree in Palestine and market its products. The organization works across the West Bank and is focused on working on cooperative principles to give the farmers a stronger voice, invest in agricultural infrastructure and access new markets for their olive oil. The aim is "trade, not aid".
For people in the UK, the shipping cost is slightly high and so Interpal is working with Zaytoun to get this olive oil to more people. (Besides being an ethical cause, the olive oil is mindblowing)
- ₪ NATURE SANCTUARY ₪ (NO buildings, NO people, NO B/W) 161,000 photos, 9,003 members
- * ALL FAITHS ~ Inspiration & Spiritual Photos (post 1~comment 1) 20,408 photos, 884 members
- Window To The Soul - Eye Closeups 1,167 photos, 374 members
- palestine soul - روح فلسطين 10,880 photos, 342 members
- Sea 28,496 photos, 2,070 members
- A goodbye kiss, you dog 486 photos, 1,086 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 54,340 photos, 6,608 members
- Bluey!... The Nature in Blue....... Only Nature Please! 13,683 photos, 1,786 members
- Celebrating Humanity 11,053 photos, 835 members
- Creepy Crawlers 2,896 photos, 246 members
- Stories 1,463 photos, 208 members
- Eye of the Lens 171 photos, 85 members
- «..تراثنــا..» 1,116 photos, 834 members
- The Middle East Corner 4,992 photos, 337 members
- Arab heritage 1,751 photos, 508 members
- Sepia Club 17,801 photos, 2,137 members
- Passionately Pink for the Cure 66,893 photos, 13,146 members
- " Art of the Light " ☆☆☆☆☆ 71,162 photos, 10,252 members
- WellTaken 66,159 photos, 6,697 members
- d r e a m s c a p e s 332,630 photos, 16,984 members
- HDR - From The Real Masters 79,670 photos, 2,596 members
- The Beautiful People (faces required) 4,560 photos, 558 members
- Extraordinary Compositions 376,023 photos, 11,740 members
- One Of A Kind 687,556 photos, 20,781 members
- People In The Windows 8,211 photos, 1,966 members
- Middle Eastern Photographers (Invite your contacts!) 14,175 photos, 1,042 members
- Kuwaities With No Limitations ;) 10,116 photos, 724 members
- Sunrises and Sunsets 271,432 photos, 23,400 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 851,363 photos, 111,478 members
- For.Anomalous 1 photo, 31 members
- Trottsonian 152 photos, 18 members
- Freedom 7,174 photos, 572 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 132,513 photos, 10,373 members
- MOON Shots 108,479 photos, 23,475 members
- Art Poésie Musique 3,928 photos, 354 members
- i adore poetry 498 photos, 177 members
- Faces ( Human Faces) only PHOTOS! 281,392 photos, 16,221 members
- Whatever the weather 534,325 photos, 35,993 members
- oliveworld 779 photos, 186 members
- Olives and Olive Trees 2,209 photos, 544 members
- The Bottle Coddle 2,026 photos, 691 members
- The Wall 3,112 photos, 655 members
- Fair Trade 2,265 photos, 231 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,632,819 photos, 76,417 members
- The ART of Security 1,873 photos, 416 members
- International Exposition 2007: CONFINI / BOUNDARIES April 13th 483 photos, 872 members
- Healing 14,111 photos, 1,062 members
- Keep Reaching for a Star in 2012 5,078 photos, 2,427 members
- Flickration 1,613 photos, 94 members
- EVERYONE A CHANGEMAKER 5,685 photos, 1,181 members
"I come here more than she knows… slipping in and out of her photostream. Looking at images... reading words. Thinking.
I've found that "here" it's the twin guiding stars of beauty and tolerance ~ that chart the way. And in a fractured, sometimes hemorrhaging world those are virtues which make "Aphrodite's photostream" an Oasis to the eye, and to the soul.
Spend an hour here and you will smile … and you will sigh, and you will promise yourself to return again and again. (And best of all it’s a genuinely sweet promise you will keep!)"
October 14th, 2007
"She simmers with life, with barely bridled passions and somehow, like some adept Goddess controlling our sun's fusion, she keeps them all simultaneously flaring but miraculously without injury to the mortals gathered around in awe and amazement.
I don't know what they feed these astonishing girls from Dubai (raw hydrogen?) but it is a thrill and joy to see them and the wonders they perform with the seeming ease of a magician's sleight of hand trick.
She's fun, funny, otherwordly talented with a penchant for the occasional left hook 'out of nowhere' photo/word that'll shock and knock you flat on the floor. Her photos are not really contained by their borders, they're overflowing with ideas and emotions and always touched by her soul. If you're new here, fasten your seatbelts, return your tray tables to their orignial upright and locked positions... then hang on, you're in for a thrill!"
September 21st, 2006
Life By Light says:
"Aphrodite has a talent on photography for all to see, her words and meanings for her work show a soul that is both intelligent and artistic.
I look forward to future photos.
December 21st, 2005
yettis doings says:
"Aphrodites' work is always impressive,
always thought provoking, sometimes provocative always well thought out. Shes' got class, shes' got style and if she wants to she could go a long way in her photographic career."
March 1st, 2005
* Honest * says:
"Aphrodite's photos are $imply wonderful ! There is always a hidden message in her photos which i find intriguing and always open to interprotation.
I LoVe the fact that she takes photos that actually say something.. and not just take pictures for the sake of taking pictures."
February 19th, 2005
- January 2005
- United Arab Emirates
- Berkeley, CA :)
- I am: