I was introduced to Flickr by Honest on 5th January 2005, and have been addicted ever since!
Photography is relatively new to me and only started as a real hobby/passion after I joined Flickr. It has developed into an on and off thing, as you will see from my pictures! I enjoy capturing the moment and then manifesting what is in my mind by manipulating the images and adding words. I love writing. Some of my words are truly personal, while others are just to create a story with the image.
I am very passionate about my faith- any questions on Islam
Thank you Yetti for my first Pro account- Big hugs buddy!
My second generous pro account was courtesy of a person who has requested that he remain anonymous- but a huge thank you to you! Your kindness is much appreciated ;)
The people on my contacts list
are my inspirations as well as good friends- so I invite you all to view their amazing work.
And thank you Honest,
www.flickr.com/photos/crea-tive/ and Le'3z (no link because she has deleted most of her pix :<) for your constant help!
I feel very strongly about the Palestinian cause, and believe in empowering the people. For people living in the UK, I recommend Zaytoun, olive oil from Palestine.
The aim of Zaytoun is to defend the olive tree in Palestine and market its products. The organization works across the West Bank and is focused on working on cooperative principles to give the farmers a stronger voice, invest in agricultural infrastructure and access new markets for their olive oil. The aim is "trade, not aid".
For people in the UK, the shipping cost is slightly high and so Interpal is working with Zaytoun to get this olive oil to more people. (Besides being an ethical cause, the olive oil is mindblowing)
- ₪ NATURE SANCTUARY ₪ (NO buildings, NO people, NO B/W) 161,769 photos, 9,053 members
- * ALL FAITHS ~ Inspiration & Spiritual Photos (post 1~comment 1) 20,629 photos, 885 members
- Window To The Soul - Eye Closeups 1,167 photos, 373 members
- palestine soul - روح فلسطين 10,935 photos, 348 members
- Sea 29,119 photos, 2,084 members
- A goodbye kiss, you dog 486 photos, 1,083 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 54,665 photos, 6,717 members
- Bluey!... The Nature in Blue....... Only Nature Please! 13,849 photos, 1,790 members
- Celebrating Humanity 11,124 photos, 832 members
- Creepy Crawlers 2,918 photos, 248 members
- Stories 1,470 photos, 207 members
- Eye of the Lens 171 photos, 85 members
- «..تراثنــا..» 1,148 photos, 831 members
- The Middle East Corner 5,061 photos, 341 members
- Arab heritage 1,759 photos, 510 members
- Sepia Club 17,945 photos, 2,153 members
- Passionately Pink for the Cure 66,270 photos, 13,123 members
- " Art of the Light " ☆☆☆☆☆ 73,755 photos, 10,454 members
- WellTaken 66,960 photos, 6,709 members
- d r e a m s c a p e s 344,984 photos, 17,314 members
- HDR - From The Real Masters 81,202 photos, 2,610 members
- The Beautiful People (faces required) 4,638 photos, 559 members
- Extraordinary Compositions 383,774 photos, 11,836 members
- One Of A Kind 695,531 photos, 20,869 members
- People In The Windows 8,215 photos, 1,974 members
- Middle Eastern Photographers (Invite your contacts!) 14,179 photos, 1,047 members
- Kuwaities With No Limitations ;) 10,142 photos, 721 members
- Sunrises and Sunsets 278,924 photos, 23,772 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 868,436 photos, 112,467 members
- For.Anomalous 1 photo, 31 members
- Trottsonian 155 photos, 18 members
- Freedom 7,290 photos, 573 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 133,865 photos, 10,414 members
- MOON Shots 110,030 photos, 23,664 members
- Art Poésie Musique 3,910 photos, 353 members
- i adore poetry 498 photos, 177 members
- Faces ( Human Faces) only PHOTOS! 282,475 photos, 16,228 members
- Whatever the weather 561,272 photos, 37,696 members
- oliveworld 771 photos, 187 members
- Olives and Olive Trees 2,219 photos, 545 members
- The Bottle Coddle 2,013 photos, 692 members
- The Wall 3,122 photos, 656 members
- Fair Trade 2,313 photos, 232 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,621,393 photos, 77,220 members
- The ART of Security 1,872 photos, 416 members
- International Exposition 2007: CONFINI / BOUNDARIES April 13th 483 photos, 871 members
- Healing 14,244 photos, 1,064 members
- Keep Reaching for a Star in 2012 5,089 photos, 2,425 members
- Flickration 1,665 photos, 94 members
- EVERYONE A CHANGEMAKER 5,697 photos, 1,186 members
"I come here more than she knows… slipping in and out of her photostream. Looking at images... reading words. Thinking.
I've found that "here" it's the twin guiding stars of beauty and tolerance ~ that chart the way. And in a fractured, sometimes hemorrhaging world those are virtues which make "Aphrodite's photostream" an Oasis to the eye, and to the soul.
Spend an hour here and you will smile … and you will sigh, and you will promise yourself to return again and again. (And best of all it’s a genuinely sweet promise you will keep!)"
October 14th, 2007
"She simmers with life, with barely bridled passions and somehow, like some adept Goddess controlling our sun's fusion, she keeps them all simultaneously flaring but miraculously without injury to the mortals gathered around in awe and amazement.
I don't know what they feed these astonishing girls from Dubai (raw hydrogen?) but it is a thrill and joy to see them and the wonders they perform with the seeming ease of a magician's sleight of hand trick.
She's fun, funny, otherwordly talented with a penchant for the occasional left hook 'out of nowhere' photo/word that'll shock and knock you flat on the floor. Her photos are not really contained by their borders, they're overflowing with ideas and emotions and always touched by her soul. If you're new here, fasten your seatbelts, return your tray tables to their orignial upright and locked positions... then hang on, you're in for a thrill!"
September 21st, 2006
Life By Light says:
"Aphrodite has a talent on photography for all to see, her words and meanings for her work show a soul that is both intelligent and artistic.
I look forward to future photos.
December 21st, 2005
yettis doings says:
"Aphrodites' work is always impressive,
always thought provoking, sometimes provocative always well thought out. Shes' got class, shes' got style and if she wants to she could go a long way in her photographic career."
March 1st, 2005
* Honest * says:
"Aphrodite's photos are $imply wonderful ! There is always a hidden message in her photos which i find intriguing and always open to interprotation.
I LoVe the fact that she takes photos that actually say something.. and not just take pictures for the sake of taking pictures."
February 19th, 2005
- January 2005
- United Arab Emirates
- Berkeley, CA :)
- I am: