Took a little break from this page, but an email from someone unhappy about the state of one of my groups made me realize that there are people out there who really do care. So I fixed the problem and decided to start participating again.
Shortly after this, I found a box of stereo cards, inherited from my Grandma Van Noate, which I thought had been lost. Some of these are quite interesting, so I am sharing them. I also found some art history slides depicting American folk art - this ties in nicely with my new venture into the world of selling things at an antique mall (proceeds going to my non-profit rescue for discarded and abandoned pointer dogs).
Some of these photos are on a bit of a lock down due to abuse. I am a strong advocate for copyright and do not tolerate abusers. Photos are here for you to enjoy, not steal. The stereo photos are in the public domain - most of them are of low quality printing, and would not reproduce well, so just enjoy looking at them.
Copyright notice: If you are interested in any sort of use of any of these images - please contact me at dogs.hope @ gmail.com (remove spaces). They are not free for you to use.
About me, mostly about my attitude. I prefer to tell the truth from my own perspective. May step on toes. Have a great deal of respect for some of the wonderful people and images here.
More projects: i am working my way through my mother's slides, only posting a few where I know the people or the event or think they may add to our knowledge. I have a pile of old photos to work on as well - life here pretty busy with way too many dogs in my rescue shelter. Thank goodness to have an outlet and a bit of a chance to connect with the outside world.
Most of my subjects are animals (dogs) or the natural world - I live in a wooded area, surrounded by agricultural fields, am very interested in documenting, and encouraging an interest in preservation, as well as responsible animal relationships - these are documented on my other Flickr site: my other flickr site where I post up pictures of my dogs and judithsviews.
Previously I scanned some of my drawings. Hope you enjoy looking at them. Please do not use these pictures on a web site or for any commercial purpose - they are property of my brother and myself. If you really see something you would like to use - send email.
All of the drawings, with one exception are by me. The pictures come from many sources, mostly found, but some I have taken.
Many of the old photos were collected by my brother, known as MrWaterslide on flickr. These photos give a pretty good picture of domestic life (with dogs) in the United States (a few from England or Scotland) over the past century.
When I was young I did not take pictures, but both of my parents did. They took mostly slides with a 35 mm camera. We would have slide shows from time to time, My father had an enlarger (kept in his darkroom at his office where they developed x-rays). I remember going with him to make prints.
Brother John and I did not take pictures - I think it was just too expensive. I did have a brownie camera, but I didn't get to use it much at all. I was also quite interested in drawing.
I got my first really usable camera when I was in graduate school as a give away for opening a bank account. Most of the slides posted up here and on my other flickr site were taken with that camera.
I got a professional 35 mm camera in about 1979. It was still really expensive to take lots of photos although I was very interested in photography.
Many interests, too many ideas. I am a retired librarian, now working full time at Dogs Hope (my rescue).
Photos of Antique Dog Photos (2)
- Dogs on Roofs 1,033 photos, 7,654 members
- The Best Realistic Coloured Drawings & Paintings of DOGS! 994 photos, 177 members
- I Love Vintage Photographs! 10,208 photos, 79 members
- Antique Dog Tintypes 96 photos, 29 members
- Cat paintings and drawings 2,174 photos, 224 members
- Vintage Shadow People 790 photos, 175 members
- ~ Vintage Love ~ Love captured 4,486 photos, 241 members
- Cambridge, Ohio 255 photos, 33 members
- Vintage Animals 3,883 photos, 337 members
- Kodachrome 35,507 photos, 2,411 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,678 members
- BLACKFACE 32 photos, 25 members
- Parade Gallery 5,604 photos, 509 members
- Civil War sites & Memorials today 18,676 photos, 792 members
- Civil War Imagery 13,480 photos, 574 members
- Nineteen Seventies 3,126 photos, 429 members
- Pola Dogs 1,794 photos, 337 members
- Dated Vintage Photographs (pre 1945) 6,160 photos, 308 members
- Nikon D90 Users Group 272,917 photos, 9,115 members
- Actual Progression and Phases of Pastel Drawings 6,663 photos, 678 members
- Hand Painted Pet Portraits 335 photos, 60 members
- Your 37th Most Interesting Photo 19 photos, 38 members
- Antique Animals 2,950 photos, 306 members
- The Secret Lives of Our Parents 1,379 photos, 546 members
- Draw Your Cat 1,546 photos, 190 members
- Vintage Readers 1,720 photos, 176 members
- *Paper Museum 106,949 photos, 3,571 members
- *Rabbity* 939 photos, 188 members
- The Great War Archive Flickr Group 10,958 photos, 814 members
- Great Lakes Passenger Ships 512 photos, 83 members
- Inspired Creations 1,127 photos, 124 members
- Dogs in clothes 977 photos, 184 members
- racoon-cat (Post 1 - Award 1) 216 photos, 121 members
- Polaroid Cars 4,663 photos, 897 members
- Noise and Dust Through The Viewfinder 175 photos, 4,374 members
- Artists of flickr! 292,286 photos, 8,061 members
- Textures for Layers 15,282 photos, 16,483 members
- Pigs 8,978 photos, 2,637 members
- DECORATED Domestic Animals (Invitation only) 8,326 photos, 645 members
- Man Ray Gallery 1 photo, 3,267 members
- Rural Ohio (Comment on 1) 10,228 photos, 603 members
- Vintage Landscapes 208 photos, 93 members
- Cabinet Portraits, CDV, photos on cardboard 23,954 photos, 545 members
- The Smiling Victorian 2,122 photos, 649 members
- Historic Ohio 9,926 photos, 505 members
- Ohio Covered Bridges 1,303 photos, 187 members
- Dog Expressions 324,250 photos, 30,156 members
- Lakers 11,033 photos, 379 members
- Wild Women of the Past 1,218 photos, 499 members
- STUCK in the 70's 7,031 photos, 582 members
Antique Dog Photos doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Antique Dog Photos
- July 2005
- Cambridge, Ohio
- near Charlotte, NC, USA
- I am:
- Female and Single
- Librarian/ Dog Rescue
- Dogs Hope Rescue