Themes are generally countryside and architecture - around the latter you'll find there's varying amounts of verbage as a result of my interest in the history of why things look how they do today and my thoughts on what things may look like in the future... if Norman Foster and Make have their way the Earth will be covered in glass - it already being blue and curved there's only one more step for them to attain their goal.
The current zenith of my achievements is to have a portfolio of architectural shots featured on the Guardian Camera Club. Could this be fame at last - my guess is I'll keep hold of the day job pending that million dollar commission.
I've also made No.1 on explore, which was a curious experience to say the least.
I'm the admin for a couple of groups:
www.flickr.com/groups/ampthill which is, unsurprisingly, for pictures of Ampthill in Bedfordshire and the surrounding area as the name of the group may suggest.
www.flickr.com/groups/hill-figures which is for pictures of White Horse and other carvings on the hillside.
www.flickr.com/groups/paul-insect which is the complete collection of Paul Insect art/graffiti
www.flickr.com/groups/drift-08 for pictures from the Drift exhibition of art installations in London, 2008.
Information on these here:
(I'm also fond of Tin Eye as a tool to look for stolen images.)
My Gallery on Darkr
A Gallery of my shots ranked by Interestingnessabilityness
A small portfolio at fivepastcool on carbonmade.
Photos of Another Partial Success (9)
- Lurking Road Cones 31 photos, 10 members
- City and Architecture 19,797 photos, 3,402 members
- Britain Black & White 740 photos, 77 members
- Hitchin Photowalks/Monthly meetings 82 photos, 12 members
- Street photography - candid photo group 33,042 photos, 594 members
- New Ruins of Great Britain 29 photos, 7 members
- Flickreenos Against **Tags** 5 photos, 93 members
- The Masterpiece Cleaners Photo Collage & Joiner Association 2,705 photos, 368 members
- Why are they doing this? 617 photos, 32 members
- Documenting Contemporary London 1,244 photos, 138 members
- London Reflections 2,528 photos, 174 members
- Nothing To See Here 8,500 photos, 403 members
- Kraków 36,986 photos, 2,460 members
- London by Londoners 304,345 photos, 9,434 members
- British and Irish Television and Movie Locations 1,871 photos, 361 members
- Glastonbury 1994 24 photos, 5 members
- Auschwitz 8,455 photos, 1,538 members
- Members' Room 19,887 photos, 342 members
- The Barbican 2,774 photos, 368 members
- Barbican Centre 3,768 photos, 445 members
- Pennine Way 2,492 photos, 106 members
- Derelict London 3,013 photos, 342 members
- Art Deco - London 1,843 photos, 168 members
- abandoned asylums 17,592 photos, 963 members
- Boarded-up shops 1,041 photos, 84 members
- Precinct 13 2,287 photos, 234 members
- Londoners Street Photography 11,999 photos, 1,541 members
- minimal corner 4,090 photos, 519 members
- Twin Lens Reflex 196,085 photos, 18,480 members
- Inspired by Kraftwerk 79 photos, 53 members
- Yashica Mat 66,579 photos, 5,275 members
- Moorfields Highwalk and South Barbican 192 photos, 19 members
- Found Text 6,977 photos, 646 members
- Ghostsigns 12,379 photos, 722 members
- Bedford life 770 photos, 63 members
- Sick Britain 8,946 photos, 381 members
- Urban Excellence 64,119 photos, 2,251 members
- Guerrilla Graphics 125 photos, 89 members
- Guess Where London? 31 photos, 1,791 members
- London lettering 4,039 photos, 164 members
- Norman Foster 2,539 photos, 358 members
- Foster and Partners 3,458 photos, 446 members
- Works in London 521 photos, 23 members
- Telephone Exchanges 833 photos, 191 members
- plagiarise or take on loan 1,152 photos, 373 members
- 'Here began all my dreams' - My life as sung by the Smiths 287 photos, 55 members
- industry architecture 1,387 photos, 166 members
- Tower Blocks and Architecture of the 1960s and 1970s (UK only) 16,945 photos, 862 members
- Flickr Friends of The Twentieth Century Society 14,107 photos, 540 members
- Black.White 14,753 photos, 536 members
Jonno Witts says:
"Jon is an amazing photographer, his photos and commentary are unique!"
December 30th, 2011
"A wonderful social documentary photographer who captures points of time which are dying and about to be lost forever without most people realising"
September 8th, 2008
"Jon has a gift for capturing emotions! Whether it be the facade of a decaying building or the raw beauty of a young woman's portrait, an abstract geometric form or the tranquility of huge fluffy clouds the images are all charged with a unique stimulating power! Historian would be one appropriate title but a deeper look would uncover a childlike awe of all we call life."
August 26th, 2008
- October 2007
- A very small village near Letchworth, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Abstract artist, concrete realist and a ruthless bookie
- Five Past Cool