Themes are generally countryside and architecture - around the latter you'll find there's varying amounts of verbage as a result of my interest in the history of why things look how they do today and my thoughts on what things may look like in the future... if Norman Foster and Make have their way the Earth will be covered in glass - it already being blue and curved there's only one more step for them to attain their goal.
The current zenith of my achievements is to have a portfolio of architectural shots featured on the Guardian Camera Club. Could this be fame at last - my guess is I'll keep hold of the day job pending that million dollar commission.
I've also made No.1 on explore, which was a curious experience to say the least.
I'm the admin for a couple of groups:
www.flickr.com/groups/ampthill which is, unsurprisingly, for pictures of Ampthill in Bedfordshire and the surrounding area as the name of the group may suggest.
www.flickr.com/groups/hill-figures which is for pictures of White Horse and other carvings on the hillside.
www.flickr.com/groups/paul-insect which is the complete collection of Paul Insect art/graffiti
www.flickr.com/groups/drift-08 for pictures from the Drift exhibition of art installations in London, 2008.
Information on these here:
(I'm also fond of Tin Eye as a tool to look for stolen images.)
My Gallery on Darkr
A Gallery of my shots ranked by Interestingnessabilityness
A small portfolio at fivepastcool on carbonmade.
Photos of Another Partial Success (9)
- Lurking Road Cones 21 photos, 10 members
- City and Architecture 19,758 photos, 3,553 members
- Britain Black & White 749 photos, 77 members
- Hitchin Photowalks/Monthly meetings 94 photos, 12 members
- Street photography - candid photo group 35,338 photos, 647 members
- New Ruins of Great Britain 30 photos, 7 members
- Flickreenos Against **Tags** 5 photos, 94 members
- The Masterpiece Cleaners Photo Collage & Joiner Association 2,705 photos, 369 members
- Why are they doing this? 616 photos, 32 members
- Documenting Contemporary London 1,250 photos, 138 members
- London Reflections 2,407 photos, 178 members
- Nothing To See Here 8,804 photos, 400 members
- Kraków 38,055 photos, 2,473 members
- London by Londoners 308,749 photos, 9,489 members
- British and Irish Television and Movie Locations 1,885 photos, 362 members
- Glastonbury 1994 24 photos, 5 members
- Auschwitz 8,562 photos, 1,557 members
- Members' Room 20,034 photos, 342 members
- The Barbican 2,793 photos, 368 members
- Barbican Centre 3,813 photos, 450 members
- Pennine Way 2,506 photos, 109 members
- Derelict London 3,056 photos, 344 members
- Art Deco - London 1,857 photos, 171 members
- abandoned asylums 18,125 photos, 982 members
- Boarded-up shops 1,068 photos, 87 members
- Precinct 13 2,292 photos, 234 members
- Londoners Street Photography 11,935 photos, 1,555 members
- minimal corner 4,400 photos, 551 members
- Twin Lens Reflex 197,840 photos, 18,791 members
- Inspired by Kraftwerk 79 photos, 53 members
- Yashica Mat 67,061 photos, 5,302 members
- Moorfields Highwalk and South Barbican 192 photos, 19 members
- Found Text 6,900 photos, 647 members
- Ghostsigns 12,726 photos, 726 members
- Bedford life 775 photos, 63 members
- Sick Britain 9,104 photos, 388 members
- Urban Excellence 70,968 photos, 2,405 members
- Guerrilla Graphics 124 photos, 88 members
- Guess Where London? 27 photos, 1,793 members
- London lettering 4,094 photos, 165 members
- Norman Foster 2,527 photos, 360 members
- Foster and Partners 3,454 photos, 447 members
- Works in London 523 photos, 23 members
- Telephone Exchanges 844 photos, 192 members
- plagiarise or take on loan 1,155 photos, 375 members
- 'Here began all my dreams' - My life as sung by the Smiths 288 photos, 55 members
- industry architecture 1,414 photos, 171 members
- Tower Blocks and Architecture of the 1960s and 1970s (UK only) 17,090 photos, 870 members
- Flickr Friends of The Twentieth Century Society 14,226 photos, 542 members
- Black.White 16,253 photos, 560 members
Jonno Witts says:
"Jon is an amazing photographer, his photos and commentary are unique!"
December 30th, 2011
"A wonderful social documentary photographer who captures points of time which are dying and about to be lost forever without most people realising"
September 8th, 2008
"Jon has a gift for capturing emotions! Whether it be the facade of a decaying building or the raw beauty of a young woman's portrait, an abstract geometric form or the tranquility of huge fluffy clouds the images are all charged with a unique stimulating power! Historian would be one appropriate title but a deeper look would uncover a childlike awe of all we call life."
August 26th, 2008
- October 2007
- A very small village near Letchworth, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Abstract artist, concrete realist and a ruthless bookie
- Five Past Cool