Themes are generally countryside and architecture - around the latter you'll find there's varying amounts of verbage as a result of my interest in the history of why things look how they do today and my thoughts on what things may look like in the future... if Norman Foster and Make have their way the Earth will be covered in glass - it already being blue and curved there's only one more step for them to attain their goal.
The current zenith of my achievements is to have a portfolio of architectural shots featured on the Guardian Camera Club. Could this be fame at last - my guess is I'll keep hold of the day job pending that million dollar commission.
I've also made No.1 on explore, which was a curious experience to say the least.
I'm the admin for a couple of groups:
www.flickr.com/groups/ampthill which is, unsurprisingly, for pictures of Ampthill in Bedfordshire and the surrounding area as the name of the group may suggest.
www.flickr.com/groups/hill-figures which is for pictures of White Horse and other carvings on the hillside.
www.flickr.com/groups/paul-insect which is the complete collection of Paul Insect art/graffiti
www.flickr.com/groups/drift-08 for pictures from the Drift exhibition of art installations in London, 2008.
Information on these here:
(I'm also fond of Tin Eye as a tool to look for stolen images.)
My Gallery on Darkr
A Gallery of my shots ranked by Interestingnessabilityness
A small portfolio at fivepastcool on carbonmade.
Photos of Another Partial Success (9)
- Lurking Road Cones 28 photos, 11 members
- City and Architecture 19,240 photos, 3,873 members
- Britain Black & White 815 photos, 81 members
- Hitchin Photowalks/Monthly meetings 94 photos, 12 members
- Street photography - candid photo group 46,826 photos, 773 members
- New Ruins of Great Britain 33 photos, 10 members
- Flickreenos Against **Tags** 5 photos, 94 members
- The Masterpiece Cleaners Photo Collage & Joiner Association 2,723 photos, 369 members
- Why are they doing this? 626 photos, 32 members
- Documenting Contemporary London 1,267 photos, 141 members
- London Reflections 2,431 photos, 183 members
- Nothing To See Here 10,090 photos, 411 members
- Kraków 39,889 photos, 2,573 members
- London by Londoners 330,346 photos, 9,616 members
- British and Irish Television and Movie Locations 1,994 photos, 374 members
- Glastonbury 1994 24 photos, 5 members
- Auschwitz 8,933 photos, 1,616 members
- Members' Room 20,782 photos, 342 members
- The Barbican 2,829 photos, 380 members
- Barbican Centre 3,959 photos, 460 members
- Pennine Way 2,596 photos, 118 members
- Derelict London 3,118 photos, 351 members
- Art Deco - London 1,990 photos, 181 members
- abandoned asylums 18,992 photos, 1,037 members
- Boarded-up shops 1,173 photos, 91 members
- Precinct 13 2,242 photos, 235 members
- Londoners Street Photography 11,712 photos, 1,586 members
- minimal corner 5,677 photos, 622 members
- Twin Lens Reflex 206,011 photos, 19,834 members
- Inspired by Kraftwerk 80 photos, 51 members
- Yashica Mat 68,657 photos, 5,416 members
- Moorfields Highwalk and South Barbican 194 photos, 19 members
- Found Text 7,121 photos, 653 members
- Ghostsigns 14,076 photos, 749 members
- Bedford life 848 photos, 64 members
- Sick Britain 9,852 photos, 408 members
- Urban Excellence 99,629 photos, 2,967 members
- Guerrilla Graphics 120 photos, 90 members
- Guess Where London? 19 photos, 1,788 members
- London lettering 4,247 photos, 170 members
- Norman Foster 2,583 photos, 370 members
- Foster and Partners 3,597 photos, 458 members
- Works in London 534 photos, 23 members
- Telephone Exchanges 905 photos, 200 members
- plagiarise or take on loan 1,133 photos, 377 members
- 'Here began all my dreams' - My life as sung by the Smiths 265 photos, 55 members
- industry architecture 1,601 photos, 202 members
- Tower Blocks and Architecture of the 1960s and 1970s (UK only) 17,308 photos, 887 members
- Flickr Friends of The Twentieth Century Society 14,848 photos, 563 members
- Black.White 20,715 photos, 649 members
Jonno Witts says:
"Jon is an amazing photographer, his photos and commentary are unique!"
December 30th, 2011
"A wonderful social documentary photographer who captures points of time which are dying and about to be lost forever without most people realising"
September 8th, 2008
"Jon has a gift for capturing emotions! Whether it be the facade of a decaying building or the raw beauty of a young woman's portrait, an abstract geometric form or the tranquility of huge fluffy clouds the images are all charged with a unique stimulating power! Historian would be one appropriate title but a deeper look would uncover a childlike awe of all we call life."
August 26th, 2008
- October 2007
- A very small village near Letchworth, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Abstract artist, concrete realist and a ruthless bookie
- Five Past Cool