Themes are generally countryside and architecture - around the latter you'll find there's varying amounts of verbage as a result of my interest in the history of why things look how they do today and my thoughts on what things may look like in the future... if Norman Foster and Make have their way the Earth will be covered in glass - it already being blue and curved there's only one more step for them to attain their goal.
The current zenith of my achievements is to have a portfolio of architectural shots featured on the Guardian Camera Club. Could this be fame at last - my guess is I'll keep hold of the day job pending that million dollar commission.
I've also made No.1 on explore, which was a curious experience to say the least.
I'm the admin for a couple of groups:
www.flickr.com/groups/ampthill which is, unsurprisingly, for pictures of Ampthill in Bedfordshire and the surrounding area as the name of the group may suggest.
www.flickr.com/groups/hill-figures which is for pictures of White Horse and other carvings on the hillside.
www.flickr.com/groups/paul-insect which is the complete collection of Paul Insect art/graffiti
www.flickr.com/groups/drift-08 for pictures from the Drift exhibition of art installations in London, 2008.
Information on these here:
(I'm also fond of Tin Eye as a tool to look for stolen images.)
My Gallery on Darkr
A Gallery of my shots ranked by Interestingnessabilityness
A small portfolio at fivepastcool on carbonmade.
Photos of Another Partial Success (9)
- Lurking Road Cones 27 photos, 11 members
- City and Architecture 19,250 photos, 3,840 members
- Britain Black & White 794 photos, 81 members
- Hitchin Photowalks/Monthly meetings 94 photos, 12 members
- Street photography - candid photo group 44,873 photos, 758 members
- New Ruins of Great Britain 33 photos, 10 members
- Flickreenos Against **Tags** 5 photos, 94 members
- The Masterpiece Cleaners Photo Collage & Joiner Association 2,721 photos, 370 members
- Why are they doing this? 626 photos, 32 members
- Documenting Contemporary London 1,259 photos, 140 members
- London Reflections 2,415 photos, 181 members
- Nothing To See Here 9,935 photos, 410 members
- Kraków 39,643 photos, 2,571 members
- London by Londoners 327,221 photos, 9,603 members
- British and Irish Television and Movie Locations 1,980 photos, 373 members
- Glastonbury 1994 24 photos, 5 members
- Auschwitz 8,845 photos, 1,608 members
- Members' Room 20,654 photos, 342 members
- The Barbican 2,829 photos, 381 members
- Barbican Centre 3,941 photos, 462 members
- Pennine Way 2,585 photos, 118 members
- Derelict London 3,115 photos, 352 members
- Art Deco - London 1,983 photos, 180 members
- abandoned asylums 18,867 photos, 1,028 members
- Boarded-up shops 1,146 photos, 90 members
- Precinct 13 2,238 photos, 235 members
- Londoners Street Photography 11,745 photos, 1,583 members
- minimal corner 5,557 photos, 616 members
- Twin Lens Reflex 204,801 photos, 19,717 members
- Inspired by Kraftwerk 80 photos, 51 members
- Yashica Mat 68,474 photos, 5,404 members
- Moorfields Highwalk and South Barbican 194 photos, 19 members
- Found Text 7,066 photos, 654 members
- Ghostsigns 13,898 photos, 744 members
- Bedford life 842 photos, 64 members
- Sick Britain 9,816 photos, 406 members
- Urban Excellence 95,587 photos, 2,889 members
- Guerrilla Graphics 120 photos, 90 members
- Guess Where London? 22 photos, 1,793 members
- London lettering 4,233 photos, 170 members
- Norman Foster 2,570 photos, 370 members
- Foster and Partners 3,535 photos, 457 members
- Works in London 534 photos, 23 members
- Telephone Exchanges 901 photos, 200 members
- plagiarise or take on loan 1,133 photos, 376 members
- 'Here began all my dreams' - My life as sung by the Smiths 265 photos, 55 members
- industry architecture 1,542 photos, 197 members
- Tower Blocks and Architecture of the 1960s and 1970s (UK only) 17,271 photos, 882 members
- Flickr Friends of The Twentieth Century Society 14,805 photos, 561 members
- Black.White 20,085 photos, 641 members
Jonno Witts says:
"Jon is an amazing photographer, his photos and commentary are unique!"
December 30th, 2011
"A wonderful social documentary photographer who captures points of time which are dying and about to be lost forever without most people realising"
September 8th, 2008
"Jon has a gift for capturing emotions! Whether it be the facade of a decaying building or the raw beauty of a young woman's portrait, an abstract geometric form or the tranquility of huge fluffy clouds the images are all charged with a unique stimulating power! Historian would be one appropriate title but a deeper look would uncover a childlike awe of all we call life."
August 26th, 2008
- October 2007
- A very small village near Letchworth, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Abstract artist, concrete realist and a ruthless bookie
- Five Past Cool