I'm a full time professional photographer who specializes in architectural and lifestyle photography. I've been published in fancy magazines and hired by major institutions, but Flickr is my melting pot for a combination of personal and business related images that I'm archiving to share publicly with others.
The majority of my public images on Flickr have a Creative Commons license that allows for editorial sharing so long as the images are unaltered, not used for commercial purposes, and credited back to www.anneruthmann.com.
If you'd like to license an image for commercial use or fine art printing - please get in touch with me directly through my website: www.anneruthmann.com.
I'd love to connect with you via social media:
When I'm not doing my own photography work, I'm offering workshops and advice on the business of photography over on facebook.com/smarterbusinessworkshop and contributing free articles and unsolicited advice on www.photolovecat.com!
A little more about me...
• Photography is what I do for a living and I absolutely love it
• I believe in the power of an image to spread good in the world
• I love to adventure- around the block or around the world
• I believe everyone has a great story to tell
• I love kissing pictures
• I'm a self-professed Mac Geek
• I've also been a professional musician (singer, choral/classical)
• My husband is pretty awesome too (www.alexruthmann.com)
• My desk is a bit cluttered, but I know where everything is
• I'm a dog person
• I'd rather walk 10 miles than run 1 mile
• I crave anything different than status quo
• I love a good Pad See-ew
• Fresh bread and dark chocolate are my addictions
• My favorite date is a picnic at an outdoor music concert
• I think folk music is cool
• I love supporting other independent artists
Photos of Anne Ruthmann (7)
- Women Solidarity 97 photos, 34 members
- Women's March Photography 205 photos, 11 members
- Women's March NYC and Beyond 135 photos, 10 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 617,227 photos, 43,438 members
- NYC Women's March 1,071 photos, 18 members
- Women's March 2017 #womensmarch 2,144 photos, 104 members
- Women's March 2017 - Worldwide #womensmarch 2,041 photos, 97 members
- New York City Landmarks & Icons 109,125 photos, 8,526 members
- NYC Public Art 4,388 photos, 365 members
- NYC in BW 21,058 photos, 1,395 members
- NYC: New York Central [Directory] 14,452 photos, 2,065 members
- Houses - interiors 13,396 photos, 792 members
- New York People 1,521 photos, 96 members
- NYC Street Candids 6,741 photos, 262 members
- Washington Square Park 731 photos, 80 members
- West Village, Manhattan 2,835 photos, 224 members
- Greenwich Village, New York 4,158 photos, 325 members
- Greenwich Village-New York City 6,492 photos, 483 members
- Arch Daily 200,747 photos, 8,569 members
- NYU MusEDLab 94 photos, 7 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 472,175 photos, 21,403 members
- LensProToGo 52 Week Photo Project 12,437 photos, 992 members
- Human Good 76 photos, 6 members
- Inspire2011Conference 243 photos, 25 members
- Western Avenue Studios 32 photos, 7 members
- Lowell National Historical Park 200 photos, 39 members
- Ragstock Fashion 42 photos, 18 members
- The Swapaholics 267 photos, 20 members
- Manfrotto Official 60,850 photos, 2,673 members
- Bare Escentuals RETHINK WHAT MATTERS 29 photos, 58 members
- Professional Photographers Challenge 6,184 photos, 456 members
- Perception of the Magic Reality 1,767 photos, 1,294 members
- Vintage Wedding Ideas 820 photos, 148 members
- Wedding Dresses: JuneBugWeddings.com Inspiration Galleries 114 photos, 540 members
- Boston Photo Mob 74,879 photos, 2,980 members
- Boston, Massachusetts 58,922 photos, 5,837 members
- a day in the life of an artist.... 2,262 photos, 395 members
- Red Velvet Art 8,865 photos, 1,266 members
- LensProToGo Studios 276 photos, 66 members
- if journals could talk 5,157 photos, 521 members
- Running a Wedding Photography Business 1,952 photos, 67 members
- Goli Photos 52 photos, 8 members
- Urban Hikers 174 photos, 11 members
- BostonBlogEvents Flickr Fun 3 photos, 7 members
- Hide & Seek -Lowell, MA 6 photos, 6 members
- Rock Shots (Wedding and Engagement Rings!) 751 photos, 214 members
- FashionPhotographyBlog.com 82,104 photos, 15,361 members
- HOT or NOT ? post 1 & comment 3 17,895 photos, 2,041 members
- Kuwait .. عيدي يا كويت ( يا وطن النهار ) ـ 9,846 photos, 1,036 members
- dont box us in 159 photos, 216 members
"Anne is AMAZING. I was introduced to her work by Nicole Blair of Nicole Ladonne Photography. I have since been addicted to her blog, her website, and now her flickr images. Her work is refreshing and emotional."
June 4th, 2008
"Anne's artistry and originality never ceases to inspire me. She has a killer "eye" and penchant for creating exceptionally stunning images, no doubt, but what really stands out in her work is personality. There is a remarkable connection she makes with her subjects, and In just viewing a few images of a given couple, I get such a sense of who they are. Given the extraordinary character and beauty of her work, she would certainly be entitled to a grand ego to match, but in fact, she is a class-act all around, and a selfless, generous mentor to so many of us."
May 22nd, 2008
Amy Wadlington says:
"Anne's work is inspirational. Her photographs have a life and they commence so much emotion. Anne has the ability to draw me into her subject/s so much that I feel like I know the them (or at least want to know them!) :) She has been blessed with a true gift."
May 21st, 2008
"one word...incredible. every photo looks like an ad in a magazine. beautiful work. if i weren't already married, i'd have anne shoot my wedding. just great work."
May 15th, 2008
"how wonderful it is when a photographer's wit, charm + whimsy come shining through their work....wow! Anne Ruthmann is that kind of girl! We've not met in person, but Anne's ideas + insight have at times motivated, inspired and reassured me. Thank you, Anne, for giving so much to so many! ~ amy enderle, SilverBox Photographers"
March 2nd, 2008
"What can I say about Anne that hasn't already been said? Anne is one of those photographers whose work makes you think to yourself, "why didn't I think of that?!". Her approach to her subjects is consistently innovative and fresh--it's impossible to get bored looking at her images.
As if that weren't enough, she is also a funny, generous, awesome person and a admirably strong woman. She is never afraid to be herself, which is something I think most of us could use a lesson in.
I don't think anyone can deny that she is destined for greatness."
February 22nd, 2008
"I've heard the name Anne Ruthmann through the grapevine for a while now, but only recently have I actually explored her amazing world!
I'm completely mesmerized by the way she captures people. Not just a face, but a person; complete with their feelings, interactions and emotions.
On top of that, her beautiful colors and amazing compositions prove that she is truly a master."
February 12th, 2008
"""your photographs really leaves me speechless each time i view them! with each photo a story is told and left to the mind of the viewer to imagine... not all photographers can achieve this element of mystery in their work! but i congratulate you because you are gifted with this talent!
i love all your works! your just so Wonderful ! ^_^ "
February 9th, 2008
Think Splendid™ says:
"Anne is not only a phenomenal photographer and artist, she is an even better person. She is so generous with her knowledge and I love that she is willing to answer even the most mundane of questions. She is the epitome of a "lovecat"."
January 15th, 2008
Blind Soul says:
"She's pretty, funny, deep, thoughtful, and so damn imaginative! I love cruising through her pics, admiring how special outlook.
August 1st, 2008
Neil Cowley says:
"Anne makes me smile, so I'm sure it will work for you as well - cause I'm a tough customer.
I didn't know Anne from adam, but one day she wrote asking me for some advice - and something funny came out of it. Since then it's been fun to see her grow in her craft and her creativity; and see all the fun and funny things she makes images of. If you're in the market for a photographer, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her images or her personality."
January 13th, 2008
"Anne has an amazing eye for details. She catches moments that most people seem to miss. Her shots always surprise and delight me, she's hugely skilled and a big inspiration."
December 4th, 2007
"Clearly one of the best. Not only an awesome photographer but your help to other photographers does not go unnoticed.
November 29th, 2007
"I like Anne's journalistic approach. Her composition is always nicely done and creative as well. The post-processing brings more life to the pictures. They inspire and I thank Anne for sharing her photos."
November 21st, 2007
"I just love Anne's eye for wedding photogrpahy. It's unique, creative, and eye catching. Her images really draw the viewer in so they can catch a glimpse of what that moment was like.... wonderful. I always find myself going back to her site for inspiration. Great work!!"
October 19th, 2007
katy regnier says:
"I always love checking out Anne's work to see what she'll come up with next! She has such a knack for capturing true emotion and the essence of personality. Her work is consistently gorgeous and always worth coming back to look at one more time!"
October 17th, 2007
Ali Walker Photography says:
"Anne's work is wonderful. As an aspiring wedding photographer, I am always looking at her amazing work for inspiration. What's more, she's incredibly generous and forthcoming with her knowledge. I always look forward to updates in her Flickr stream."
October 13th, 2007
"I don't have enough space to write the multitude of feelings I could share about Anne. As an artist, she has such an instinct & sensitivity for people and who they really are. The photos she did for us were truly, 100%, US. And as a friend, well.... she absolutely ROCKS & I wish we lived closer together. Our friendship is one of those crazy random happenings that make life really awesome. :)"
October 5th, 2007
"anne inspires me. i don't care how cliche that sounds, it is the truth. her work is technically wonderful, but it is so accessible that it encourages you to do better yourself. i love looking at the images she creates, but more than that... i love seeing the emotions that anne saw. everything plays into them: the lighting, the angle, the processing, whether she chose color or black & white. look at her photos, read her blog - you'll be glad you did."
September 28th, 2007
"**Note to self: Come back tomorrow to look at the rest of Anne's photoset...
So far everything I've seen is stunning.
Two days worth of looking and I've deicded that I want to be Anne when I grow up...
I mean, I strive to gain the talent and eye that she has."
September 19th, 2007
"All i have to say is you are my insperation...i love your work!! i am always excited to see your recent photos... i wish i lived closer to you so I could try and get you to let me shadow you! keep up the amazing work!"
July 11th, 2007
"I love to see new images posted by Anne Ruthmann. I have to say her name all together. She is wonderful. I just told a good friend to view her Flickr images – noting what a wonderful relationships images in her portfolio. Wonderful work. Huge fan. Never met her. Don't know her. Love her work. Great things coming from this artist."
July 4th, 2007
Little Spooks says:
"Anne has such a wonderful eye for photography. I love all of her photos and enjoy looking at the new ones she uploads. Keep up the awesome work."
June 14th, 2007
"When i saw Annes photos i thought "So nice! I want to make photo like this. And i want to have photo like this with myself!"
She is a genius =)"
April 18th, 2007
Dane Sanders says:
"Cool cool cool ..."
January 7th, 2006
- Anne Ruthmann
- February 2005
- Motown (Detroit, MI)
- Greenwich Village, New York, NY, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Professional Photographer for Architects, Interior Designers, Builders, Developers, Resorts
- Anne Ruthmann Photography