Toronto photographer blah de blah....
I'm a portrait photographer, but this is where I play.
My website is at www.annedehaas.net
Photos of torontofotobug (5)
- Urban Photography Magazine 2,096 photos, 95 members
- Flickr's Chosen Few ( F.C.F. ) !!TOTALLY CLOSED!! . 12,949 photos, 3,512 members
- Canadian Police, Military, Security, and SAR working Canines and 542 photos, 34 members
- FOR THE LOVE OF HORSES... 79,956 photos, 17,232 members
- My Mommy Is Beautiful 1,658 photos, 473 members
- Black Creek Pioneer Village 673 photos, 62 members
- Krulwich Wonders... 539 photos, 58 members
- Fuji X100 Enthusiasts 271,781 photos, 10,914 members
- 50 Beautiful Pictures of the Supermoon from Around the World 40 photos, 37 members
- CityNews.ca (Toronto) 3,700 photos, 212 members
- NPR Look At This 152,117 photos, 6,188 members
- Hamilton Mounted Unit 247 photos, 9 members
- in loving memory of imapix 133 photos, 145 members
- Hamilton, Ontario 28,474 photos, 993 members
- toronto zombie walk 10,830 photos, 400 members
- Zombies, Zombies, Zombies! 40,694 photos, 3,781 members
- David Suzuki 30x30 Challenge 4,842 photos, 1,370 members
- 'ROBINS AROUND THE WORLD' 11,970 photos, 1,908 members
- Robins 16,655 photos, 2,482 members
- Shabby Rose by Nicole 13 photos, 38 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 291,076 photos, 7,864 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,205 members
- Environmental Portraits 12,861 photos, 2,042 members
- TLR 69,547 photos, 3,121 members
- silver 8,794 photos, 1,096 members
- Toronto Police Special Operations 548 photos, 32 members
- Ontario Canada Farms 8,221 photos, 448 members
- Tourism Toronto 11,172 photos, 200 members
- Hamilton: the Waterfall Capital of the World 792 photos, 131 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 51,569 photos, 6,857 members
- Color Photo Award - SILVER - **Qualified photos only** 1,948 photos, 1,083 members
- SOS Haiti 1,623 photos, 380 members
- Toronto Mounted Police 805 photos, 67 members
- Bowling 372 photos, 98 members
- Just Freakin Clowns 4,498 photos, 660 members
- Killarney Provincial Park 2,157 photos, 205 members
- Change Your Life. Ride A Bike! 21,258 photos, 620 members
- Canon 7D - All Models 516,874 photos, 10,935 members
- Flickr Galleries 2,572 photos, 993 members
- The Dog Whisperer Pack 20,631 photos, 5,221 members
- CBC Radio 3 66,826 photos, 1,684 members
- Horses of the world 1,531 photos, 61 members
- Art dedicated to Tom Waits 116 photos, 52 members
- Tom Waits 461 photos, 327 members
- City of Toronto Photo Group 2,803 photos, 733 members
- Light meters 2,465 photos, 319 members
- Snow Fence Fetish 156 photos, 47 members
- Etobicoke Parks 517 photos, 44 members
- Snow The Great Leveler 369 photos, 83 members
- bits and stirrups 570 photos, 75 members
lucky e says:
"I once embarrassed her by writing about my admiration for her work on my website. That was years ago, before I knew her. She knows that I believe it was true then and now. Anne is the photographer that we all wish to be. Some stuff we mortals can learn. But what she has, the rest of us can only wish-for. Her photographs are so artistic, so thoughtful and so quality. She inspires me to try to do more with my camera. The best part of her photos is that they come from her heart, which is clearly significant. When you look at her work, I believe you get to see a little bit of her. It is a meaningful view. I always want more."
April 8th, 2009
concerned mine says:
"Generous and talented, it's great to meet such a helpful person on Flickr.
I am always impressed with her subtle, striking portraits.
The shoe fetish is a little worrying, though."
February 23rd, 2008
"Since Anne is a professional photographer -- and a brilliant one, as everybody already knows, I'll just have to say that before I even saw her work, I loved her as a person. And her work is fabulous!
If that wasn't enough, she takes a lot of pics of Mick! What more could you ask for? I adores them: The Anne, the Mick, the pics! Heh."
January 30th, 2007
"If i ever need a really, really good portrait of myself, i'll go and get a ticket to Toronto, Canada. Must be a pleasure to sit for you, Anne..."
January 21st, 2007
She is a frikkin stonking photographer but more importantly a good egg."
January 6th, 2007
Treforlutions TreVizionz says:
"Here is one gracious lady whose qualities are evident in her images. As an amateur in this amazing realm of expressive possibilities, Anne's professionalism and unique view of her world and all she captures on film is an inspiration to me."
January 1st, 2007
"If you've got as far as reading this, you'll already know that Anne is a fabulous photographer, so I don't need to tell you that. But I will anyway. Some portraitists do technically perfect ports that leave you cold. Some do terrible ports that give you something. Anne manages to do technically great portraits with excellent lighting that also tell you a lot about her sitters, and it must be her own personality that shines through. I always have the impression that having her take your picture must be a fun experience.
What you may not have picked up on is that she is also one of the genuinely nicest people on Flickr, with a real warmth and humour in her generous commenting and group interactions. While I love the international nature of this site, it also frustrates when you make a "virtual" friend of somebody like Anne but she lives on the other side of the world! There are few people I'd dearly love to meet in person more than Anne."
December 10th, 2006
Kevin Day says:
"Occasionally, well very occasionally, you come across something that makes you smile, then laugh, then cry and always feel comfortable with. Anne is one of that breed. An outstanding photographer with a wicked sense of humour and a warmth and generosity that words can't describe.
I have never met Anne yet I feel I would be as comfortable in her company as though I had known her for years.
There is no point in decribing her talent as a photographer here, if you haven't browsed her stream then you will not fully understand why I praise her so highly and if you have viewed her work then you will know why words fail me.
I feel honoured and priviledged to know her work and to call her a friend.
OK it's a bit slushy, but she won't pay me if I don't say nice things about her :)"
November 28th, 2006
"I love Anne's work... and what an eclectic collection it is! Her studio works range from classic masterpieces to the fun and fanciful, while her outdoor shots transpose me from a mundane world of desktops and the glow of a computer screen to worlds of wonder, delight, and even contemplation. She evokes emotion -- a laugh, a smile, a tear, and a sigh. I love it, and I love her work. It is with much anticipation that I look forward to Anne's every posting. Thank you!"
May 11th, 2006
You are a prospector, an explorer, a searcher...
What if you happened upon a treasure, a find, something spectacular...
I stumbled upon a drawing of a friend; she did not show it to me.
The vision was just that...a vision.
No less, but infinitely more.
Need I say more.
I'm pretty damned pissed that all of you know what I saw years before. The girl is good.
April 15th, 2006
"I met Anne a short time ago, here on flickr. Not only is she a great person who is willing to share her talents and insights into the world of photography from a professional's standpoint, she is an AWESOME photographer!
When I view her work I often find my chin on the floor and my head shaking with awe. Not only does she have a photographic eye, she has the skills to back it up. I have told her before, and I mean it will all my heart, I want to be like her when I grow up (Photographically speaking that is.)
Keep on shooting from the hip cause it works for you!
March 11th, 2006
- Anne de Haas
- February 2006
- Toronto, Canada
- I am:
- Toronto photographer
- My biz site