Obstinate enough to trick the life; crazy about NY, Bern, London, snow, first glance and Paris; indefatigable reader; discoverer and definer of the real fantasy (and... very weak in english). Happy when I'm playing my guitars (Fender Stratocaster, Martin acustica DCPA4, Epiphone Casino "John Lennon, Hofner vintage '64 "Paul McCartney"), when I'm writing or taking photographs.
I like photography. I love the act of shooting. Everywhere. Always.
"Sometimes, I would start a new story and could not get it going. Then I would stand and look out over the roofs of Paris and think. I would say to myself: 'all you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence you know'. So finally, I would write a true sentence and go on from there. It was a wonderful feeling when I had worked well. And I was free to go anywhere." (Ernest Hemingway)
My favorites: beauty is in the eye of the beholder but... turning over the pages of Flickr I've found lots of true masterpieces. Indipendent masterpieces. I'm trying to catalogue photos and feelings of my contacts and friends in a great folder in progress (Flickr's "Your favorites"): this is my gift to me and to you. A heartfelt thank you all.
create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands
My cameras are a Leica M9, 18 megapixel, full frame sensor (24 x 36 mm), with a Leica 35 mm f/2 SUMMICRON-M ASPH, and a Leica 90 mm f/2 SUMMICRON-M ASPH; a Nikon D800, full frame sensor (24 x 36 mm), with a Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8 G ED, a Nikkor AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8 G ED VR II, a Sigma DG Macro HSM 105mm f/2.8 and a Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.4 G; a compact camera, a Canon PowerShot G1X,14.3 megapixels, sensor CMOS 18,7 x 14 mm, zoom 4x (35 mm equivalent of 28-112 mm zoom range) f/2.8-f/5.8; a very compact camera, a Sony DSC-HX50V, 20.4 megapixels, sensor CMOS Exmor R 1/2.3, zoom 30x (35 mm equivalent of 24-720 mm zoom range), f/3.5-f6.3.
A Fujifilm Instax 210, a wide format photo camera for instant color prints.
An analogic Rolleiflex 2.8F, 6 x 6 (medium format film 120), Carl Zeiss planar lens 1:2.8 f=80mm.
Sometimes I use a Phone 4s (8 megapixel) or a Blackberry Bold (5 megapixel) as a cameraphone.
My Photobook on New York www.blurb.com/books/908994
My Photos on Getty Images: www.gettyimages.it/Search/Search.aspx?assettype=image&...
My Home Page Note Rapide noterapide.blogspot.com/
Member of CF - Circolo Fotografico:
- Solo montagna - Only mountain - Post 1 commenta 2 17,614 photos, 1,441 members
- Project Weather 640,365 photos, 94,122 members
- Rolleiflex 2,8F 11,595 photos, 990 members
- L'Occhio del fotografo - Foto della community 4,348 photos, 650 members
- *Milano in foto* SOLO FOTO DI MILANO E LOMBARDIA - 43,590 photos, 2,690 members
- Animals (All Kinds) 703,245 photos, 32,826 members
- PROGRESS PHOTO (Segui le nostre discussioni.) 27,741 photos, 1,341 members
- VoxPopuli Premium 5,780 photos, 380 members
- NYC Street Photography 114,438 photos, 4,611 members
- New York City Street Photography 127,671 photos, 6,148 members
- Cutouts 20,107 photos, 4,006 members
- My Moleskine 54,975 photos, 4,644 members
- *Photographic Style* 18,031 photos, 967 members
- Fuji Instax 200 Wide 10,222 photos, 2,347 members
- Night shooters 235,863 photos, 13,581 members
- Street Photographers 476,138 photos, 8,276 members
- London 1,041,637 photos, 36,801 members
- Long Exposures 620,311 photos, 43,782 members
- Water... Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, Creeks 1,393,212 photos, 60,724 members
- Sunrise and Sunset 201,779 photos, 11,510 members
- *OUT OF FOCUS ART* 4,314 photos, 262 members
- Leica Digital 224,528 photos, 4,171 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - See recent discussions! 43,525 photos, 4,102 members
- Mountains Anywhere 500,683 photos, 32,894 members
- VoxPopuli~(P1/ A2) 53,594 photos, 1,385 members
- **Snow, Snow, Snow!** 100,924 photos, 8,987 members
- Photo*Gallery (Admin invite only) 9,549 photos, 664 members
- Venezia - Venice 121,274 photos, 8,986 members
- FOTOGRAFIA REFLEX 149,888 photos, 4,431 members
- Sunset light 58,179 photos, 23,976 members
- Closer&Closer 1,436 photos, 134 members
- Il Bianco & Il Nero: Posta Due commenta due o due fav: 23,725 photos, 889 members
- ***PhotoGraphia*** [Moderated Group] 35,877 photos, 2,777 members
- Monferrato 4,310 photos, 309 members
- Experimentation 141,210 photos, 10,971 members
- Music Photography 572,868 photos, 15,932 members
- Milano - Italy 64,336 photos, 3,795 members
- Snow - The Main Subject 140,323 photos, 30,544 members
- New York City 797,347 photos, 57,939 members
- National Geographic - by Italian People 83,724 photos, 6,344 members
- Paris 421,299 photos, 49,153 members
- Christmas 68,150 photos, 6,718 members
- Vines and Vineyards 34,603 photos, 4,300 members
- MACROPIX 66,470 photos, 2,823 members
- street surreal 85,399 photos, 4,791 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 262,055 photos, 58,871 members
- Citylights 19,784 photos, 1,410 members
"A master of light and color, Angelo is a true source of inspiration. There is magic and so much talent here. Thanks for letting us watch and learn."
August 4th, 2007
"Non lasciare che un giorno vada via
senza strappargli il suo segreto, grande o breve.
Sia la tua vita desta
Per ogni crosta di pan duro che
Dio ti dará, tu dagli
il diamante più fresco del tuo spirito."
- J.R. Jimémez -
Ho fatto un viaggio nel colore, nella luce e ho incontrato "mille" preziositá: le foto di Angelo.
Raramente sono stata rapita da tanta armonia, bellezza.
Ogni scatto é un viaggio nel viaggio e racconta e mostra ciò che é visibile solo a occhi che sanno guardare e che hanno colto la magia della vita, in ogni suo angolo e anfratto."
January 12th, 2007
Archer's Eye says:
" I sometimes feel that our photographs are so personal and it is wonderful when upon looking at them, we recognize the soul of another. angelocesare's photographs are so beautiful and passionate. They show the dark mysteries of the human heart as well as the high, clear, rich singing of this earth; the looking is listening to sweet music in perfect rapture. A photographer, writer, and a musician, he is truly a Renaissance man. Enjoy this stream, it is what I call food for the soul."
May 14th, 2006
Dr Tao says:
"What does he need? Only an eloquent music of Silence. Only the piercing Whisper of Eternity. And, yes, the ocean of blossoming flowers - all
the fragrancing Beauty of this World!
Well, and, surely - to part with us his own ecstasy of this Beauty! To part it in the rainbow of his intoxicating ART!
He powerfully loves life! He loves life 'greedily"! He is absolutely bewitched by life! He is a totally multi-faceted Artist. And the double-rainbow - is his own main gift!
In this grey everydayness of
life, I guess, his best companion
is - the Moon. And while the Moon is shining to Maestro Angelocesare
during the day, the Sun... Yes, the Sun is lighting up for him at night! His Kingdom - is a dreamworld of visions and thoughts. The Supreme Realm of Refined Pure Poetry! And Light - well, Fire! - is this specially unique element,
which forces Angelocesare to feel himself right at home...
He shines You and he gives You a Light - one in one, like the Sun- beams during the rain! His brilliant, flamboyant, inspiring, juicy and delicious ART is shining
(to the fullest!) with all the luxurious colours of the true
rainbow! Besides - with all
it"s extraordinary Lucky Energy as
well! Really, a double-rainbow,
Well, stop, passerby! Please, stop! It"s time to breath in - You"ll see a "Double rainbow" of Maestro Angelocesare! And that"s really a Bliss!"
March 12th, 2006
"Angelocesare has to be my favorite photographer on flickr. His attention to detail sets him apart from others, and though his subjects are quite diverse, his work is consistent in quality and excellence.
Most of all, he makes the viewer "wish they were there" like no other. How great it would be to have him "take me along in his pocket" for the day, and discover his beautiful country, seeing it from his perspective."
November 1st, 2005
"I am captivated by Angelo's work. The depth, the richness and the beauty are mind boggling.
He is very gifted.
October 20th, 2005
"Angelocesare is a master of color and composition. The beauty of his images just melts me. Make sure you look at his Hills set."
October 1st, 2005
"If you've found this you are already a fan of Angelo. His images are compelling, not only because of his technical prowess, but because his love for the objects of his focus shines through his photos. His landscapes, mountain-scapes, and city shots are often magnificent, but some of my favorites are the simpler shots, like those of the cabin on the mountain and the meals he ate there. Enjoy this photostream. It's honest and warm and beautiful."
August 17th, 2005
- Angelo Amboldi
- March 2005
- Nerviano (MI)
- Legnano (MI), Italy
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Note rapide