Obstinate enough to trick the life; crazy about NY, Bern, London, snow, first glance and Paris; indefatigable reader; discoverer and definer of the real fantasy (and... very weak in english). Happy when I'm playing my guitars (Fender Stratocaster, Martin acustica DCPA4, Epiphone Casino "John Lennon, Hofner vintage '64 "Paul McCartney"), when I'm writing or taking photographs.
I like photography. I love the act of shooting. Everywhere. Always.
"Sometimes, I would start a new story and could not get it going. Then I would stand and look out over the roofs of Paris and think. I would say to myself: 'all you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence you know'. So finally, I would write a true sentence and go on from there. It was a wonderful feeling when I had worked well. And I was free to go anywhere." (Ernest Hemingway)
My favorites: beauty is in the eye of the beholder but... turning over the pages of Flickr I've found lots of true masterpieces. Indipendent masterpieces. I'm trying to catalogue photos and feelings of my contacts and friends in a great folder in progress (Flickr's "Your favorites"): this is my gift to me and to you. A heartfelt thank you all.
create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands
My cameras are a Leica M9, 18 megapixel, full frame sensor (24 x 36 mm), with a Leica 35 mm f/2 SUMMICRON-M ASPH, and a Leica 90 mm f/2 SUMMICRON-M ASPH; a Nikon D800, full frame sensor (24 x 36 mm), with a Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8 G ED, a Nikkor AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8 G ED VR II, a Sigma DG Macro HSM 105mm f/2.8 and a Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.4 G; a compact camera, a Canon PowerShot G1X,14.3 megapixels, sensor CMOS 18,7 x 14 mm, zoom 4x (35 mm equivalent of 28-112 mm zoom range) f/2.8-f/5.8; a very compact camera, a Sony DSC-HX50V, 20.4 megapixels, sensor CMOS Exmor R 1/2.3, zoom 30x (35 mm equivalent of 24-720 mm zoom range), f/3.5-f6.3.
A Fujifilm Instax 210, a wide format photo camera for instant color prints.
An analogic Rolleiflex 2.8F, 6 x 6 (medium format film 120), Carl Zeiss planar lens 1:2.8 f=80mm.
Sometimes I use a Phone 4s (8 megapixel) or a Blackberry Bold (5 megapixel) as a cameraphone.
My Photobook on New York www.blurb.com/books/908994
My Photos on Getty Images: www.gettyimages.it/Search/Search.aspx?assettype=image&...
My Home Page Note Rapide noterapide.blogspot.com/
Member of CF - Circolo Fotografico:
- Solo montagna - Only mountain - Post 1 commenta 2 19,191 photos, 1,513 members
- Project Weather 628,246 photos, 93,305 members
- Rolleiflex 2,8F 12,732 photos, 1,144 members
- L'Occhio del fotografo - Foto della community 4,173 photos, 631 members
- *Milano in foto* SOLO FOTO DI MILANO E LOMBARDIA - 50,212 photos, 2,812 members
- Animals (All Kinds) 917,784 photos, 38,986 members
- PROGRESS PHOTO & Digital Image (Segui le nostre discussioni). 31,939 photos, 1,531 members
- VoxPopuli Premium 5,650 photos, 372 members
- NYC Street Photography 124,538 photos, 4,793 members
- New York City Street Photography 146,900 photos, 6,405 members
- Cutouts 19,843 photos, 3,957 members
- My Moleskine 57,231 photos, 4,595 members
- *Photographic Style* 18,708 photos, 957 members
- Fuji Instax 200 Wide 10,579 photos, 2,408 members
- Night shooters 290,761 photos, 15,651 members
- Street Photographers 604,126 photos, 9,326 members
- London 1,128,696 photos, 37,155 members
- Long Exposures 681,215 photos, 45,501 members
- Water... Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, Creeks 1,570,226 photos, 65,486 members
- Sunrise and Sunset 227,922 photos, 12,109 members
- *OUT OF FOCUS ART* 4,477 photos, 261 members
- Leica Digital 261,680 photos, 4,426 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - The ORIGINAL 48,745 photos, 4,500 members
- Mountains Anywhere 583,704 photos, 35,560 members
- VoxPopuli~(P1/ A2) 54,383 photos, 1,363 members
- **Snow, Snow, Snow!** 117,236 photos, 9,686 members
- Photo*Gallery (Admin invite only) 9,424 photos, 652 members
- Venezia - Venice 133,319 photos, 9,412 members
- FOTOGRAFIA REFLEX 153,461 photos, 4,345 members
- Sunset light 58,662 photos, 28,686 members
- Closer&Closer 1,539 photos, 134 members
- Il Bianco & Il Nero: Posta Due commenta due o due fav: 23,832 photos, 875 members
- ***PhotoGraphia*** Moderated Group 36,301 photos, 2,778 members
- Monferrato 4,783 photos, 330 members
- Experimentation 147,749 photos, 10,909 members
- Music Photography 631,568 photos, 16,340 members
- Milano - Italy 69,222 photos, 3,829 members
- Snow - The Main Subject 144,712 photos, 30,574 members
- New York City 837,247 photos, 58,769 members
- National Geographic - by Italian People 85,032 photos, 6,261 members
- Paris 444,385 photos, 49,854 members
- Christmas 70,751 photos, 6,700 members
- Vines and Vineyards 36,040 photos, 4,412 members
- MACROPIX 71,852 photos, 2,883 members
- street surreal 97,223 photos, 4,935 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 261,440 photos, 57,708 members
- Citylights 20,995 photos, 1,416 members
"A master of light and color, Angelo is a true source of inspiration. There is magic and so much talent here. Thanks for letting us watch and learn."
August 4th, 2007
"Non lasciare che un giorno vada via
senza strappargli il suo segreto, grande o breve.
Sia la tua vita desta
Per ogni crosta di pan duro che
Dio ti dará, tu dagli
il diamante più fresco del tuo spirito."
- J.R. Jimémez -
Ho fatto un viaggio nel colore, nella luce e ho incontrato "mille" preziositá: le foto di Angelo.
Raramente sono stata rapita da tanta armonia, bellezza.
Ogni scatto é un viaggio nel viaggio e racconta e mostra ciò che é visibile solo a occhi che sanno guardare e che hanno colto la magia della vita, in ogni suo angolo e anfratto."
January 12th, 2007
Archer's Eye says:
" I sometimes feel that our photographs are so personal and it is wonderful when upon looking at them, we recognize the soul of another. angelocesare's photographs are so beautiful and passionate. They show the dark mysteries of the human heart as well as the high, clear, rich singing of this earth; the looking is listening to sweet music in perfect rapture. A photographer, writer, and a musician, he is truly a Renaissance man. Enjoy this stream, it is what I call food for the soul."
May 14th, 2006
Dr Tao says:
"What does he need? Only an eloquent music of Silence. Only the piercing Whisper of Eternity. And, yes, the ocean of blossoming flowers - all
the fragrancing Beauty of this World!
Well, and, surely - to part with us his own ecstasy of this Beauty! To part it in the rainbow of his intoxicating ART!
He powerfully loves life! He loves life 'greedily"! He is absolutely bewitched by life! He is a totally multi-faceted Artist. And the double-rainbow - is his own main gift!
In this grey everydayness of
life, I guess, his best companion
is - the Moon. And while the Moon is shining to Maestro Angelocesare
during the day, the Sun... Yes, the Sun is lighting up for him at night! His Kingdom - is a dreamworld of visions and thoughts. The Supreme Realm of Refined Pure Poetry! And Light - well, Fire! - is this specially unique element,
which forces Angelocesare to feel himself right at home...
He shines You and he gives You a Light - one in one, like the Sun- beams during the rain! His brilliant, flamboyant, inspiring, juicy and delicious ART is shining
(to the fullest!) with all the luxurious colours of the true
rainbow! Besides - with all
it"s extraordinary Lucky Energy as
well! Really, a double-rainbow,
Well, stop, passerby! Please, stop! It"s time to breath in - You"ll see a "Double rainbow" of Maestro Angelocesare! And that"s really a Bliss!"
March 12th, 2006
"Angelocesare has to be my favorite photographer on flickr. His attention to detail sets him apart from others, and though his subjects are quite diverse, his work is consistent in quality and excellence.
Most of all, he makes the viewer "wish they were there" like no other. How great it would be to have him "take me along in his pocket" for the day, and discover his beautiful country, seeing it from his perspective."
November 1st, 2005
steady observation says:
"I am captivated by Angelo's work. The depth, the richness and the beauty are mind boggling.
He is very gifted.
October 20th, 2005
"Angelocesare is a master of color and composition. The beauty of his images just melts me. Make sure you look at his Hills set."
October 1st, 2005
"If you've found this you are already a fan of Angelo. His images are compelling, not only because of his technical prowess, but because his love for the objects of his focus shines through his photos. His landscapes, mountain-scapes, and city shots are often magnificent, but some of my favorites are the simpler shots, like those of the cabin on the mountain and the meals he ate there. Enjoy this photostream. It's honest and warm and beautiful."
August 17th, 2005
- Angelo Amboldi
- March 2005
- Nerviano (MI)
- Legnano (MI), Italy
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Note rapide