Obstinate enough to trick the life; crazy about NY, Bern, London, snow, first glance and Paris; indefatigable reader; discoverer and definer of the real fantasy (and... very weak in english). Happy when I'm playing my guitars (Fender Stratocaster, Martin acustica DCPA4, Epiphone Casino "John Lennon, Hofner vintage '64 "Paul McCartney"), when I'm writing or taking photographs.
I like photography. I love the act of shooting. Everywhere. Always.
"Sometimes, I would start a new story and could not get it going. Then I would stand and look out over the roofs of Paris and think. I would say to myself: 'all you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence you know'. So finally, I would write a true sentence and go on from there. It was a wonderful feeling when I had worked well. And I was free to go anywhere." (Ernest Hemingway)
My favorites: beauty is in the eye of the beholder but... turning over the pages of Flickr I've found lots of true masterpieces. Indipendent masterpieces. I'm trying to catalogue photos and feelings of my contacts and friends in a great folder in progress (Flickr's "Your favorites"): this is my gift to me and to you. A heartfelt thank you all.
create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands
My cameras are a Leica M9, 18 megapixel, full frame sensor (24 x 36 mm), with a Leica 35 mm f/2 SUMMICRON-M ASPH, and a Leica 90 mm f/2 SUMMICRON-M ASPH; a Nikon D800, full frame sensor (24 x 36 mm), with a Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8 G ED, a Nikkor AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8 G ED VR II, a Sigma DG Macro HSM 105mm f/2.8 and a Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.4 G; a compact camera, a Canon PowerShot G1X,14.3 megapixels, sensor CMOS 18,7 x 14 mm, zoom 4x (35 mm equivalent of 28-112 mm zoom range) f/2.8-f/5.8; a very compact camera, a Sony DSC-HX50V, 20.4 megapixels, sensor CMOS Exmor R 1/2.3, zoom 30x (35 mm equivalent of 24-720 mm zoom range), f/3.5-f6.3.
A Fujifilm Instax 210, a wide format photo camera for instant color prints.
An analogic Rolleiflex 2.8F, 6 x 6 (medium format film 120), Carl Zeiss planar lens 1:2.8 f=80mm.
Sometimes I use a Phone 4s (8 megapixel) or a Blackberry Bold (5 megapixel) as a cameraphone.
My Photobook on New York www.blurb.com/books/908994
My Photos on Getty Images: www.gettyimages.it/Search/Search.aspx?assettype=image&...
My Home Page Note Rapide noterapide.blogspot.com/
Member of CF - Circolo Fotografico:
- Solo montagna - Only mountain - Post 1 commenta 2 17,311 photos, 1,430 members
- Project Weather 641,676 photos, 94,044 members
- Rolleiflex 2,8F 11,391 photos, 953 members
- L'Occhio del fotografo - Foto della community 4,349 photos, 654 members
- *Milano in foto* SOLO FOTO DI MILANO E LOMBARDIA - 41,993 photos, 2,654 members
- Animals (All Kinds) 661,889 photos, 31,435 members
- PROGRESS PHOTO (Segui le nostre discussioni.) 26,607 photos, 1,276 members
- VoxPopuli Premium 5,798 photos, 379 members
- NYC Street Photography 112,592 photos, 4,594 members
- New York City Street Photography 124,087 photos, 6,112 members
- Cutouts 20,103 photos, 4,011 members
- My Moleskine 54,529 photos, 4,638 members
- *Photographic Style* 17,868 photos, 972 members
- Fuji Instax 200 Wide 10,106 photos, 2,319 members
- Night shooters 222,346 photos, 13,061 members
- Street Photographers 453,061 photos, 7,987 members
- London 1,025,806 photos, 36,647 members
- Long Exposures 604,264 photos, 43,283 members
- Water... Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, Creeks 1,358,447 photos, 59,659 members
- Sunrise and Sunset 195,779 photos, 11,302 members
- *OUT OF FOCUS ART* 4,312 photos, 265 members
- Leica Digital 217,894 photos, 4,111 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - See recent discussions! 42,325 photos, 4,021 members
- Mountains Anywhere 483,755 photos, 32,328 members
- VoxPopuli~(P1/ A2) 53,219 photos, 1,389 members
- **Snow, Snow, Snow!** 93,539 photos, 8,534 members
- Photo*Gallery (Admin invite only) 9,567 photos, 665 members
- Venezia - Venice 118,968 photos, 8,873 members
- FOTOGRAFIA REFLEX 148,303 photos, 4,443 members
- Sunset light 58,232 photos, 22,902 members
- Closer&Closer 1,409 photos, 132 members
- Il Bianco & Il Nero: Posta Due commenta due o due fav: 23,627 photos, 895 members
- ***PhotoGraphia*** [Moderated Group] 35,710 photos, 2,755 members
- Monferrato 4,232 photos, 306 members
- Experimentation 141,617 photos, 10,981 members
- Music Photography 562,759 photos, 15,842 members
- Milano - Italy 63,356 photos, 3,783 members
- Snow - The Main Subject 137,913 photos, 30,305 members
- New York City 788,757 photos, 57,680 members
- National Geographic - by Italian People 83,249 photos, 6,357 members
- Paris 415,373 photos, 48,946 members
- Christmas 65,371 photos, 6,603 members
- Vines and Vineyards 34,271 photos, 4,275 members
- MACROPIX 66,095 photos, 2,801 members
- street surreal 83,045 photos, 4,733 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 259,606 photos, 58,650 members
- Citylights 19,258 photos, 1,404 members
"A master of light and color, Angelo is a true source of inspiration. There is magic and so much talent here. Thanks for letting us watch and learn."
August 4th, 2007
"Non lasciare che un giorno vada via
senza strappargli il suo segreto, grande o breve.
Sia la tua vita desta
Per ogni crosta di pan duro che
Dio ti dará, tu dagli
il diamante più fresco del tuo spirito."
- J.R. Jimémez -
Ho fatto un viaggio nel colore, nella luce e ho incontrato "mille" preziositá: le foto di Angelo.
Raramente sono stata rapita da tanta armonia, bellezza.
Ogni scatto é un viaggio nel viaggio e racconta e mostra ciò che é visibile solo a occhi che sanno guardare e che hanno colto la magia della vita, in ogni suo angolo e anfratto."
January 12th, 2007
Archer's Eye says:
" I sometimes feel that our photographs are so personal and it is wonderful when upon looking at them, we recognize the soul of another. angelocesare's photographs are so beautiful and passionate. They show the dark mysteries of the human heart as well as the high, clear, rich singing of this earth; the looking is listening to sweet music in perfect rapture. A photographer, writer, and a musician, he is truly a Renaissance man. Enjoy this stream, it is what I call food for the soul."
May 14th, 2006
Dr Tao says:
"What does he need? Only an eloquent music of Silence. Only the piercing Whisper of Eternity. And, yes, the ocean of blossoming flowers - all
the fragrancing Beauty of this World!
Well, and, surely - to part with us his own ecstasy of this Beauty! To part it in the rainbow of his intoxicating ART!
He powerfully loves life! He loves life 'greedily"! He is absolutely bewitched by life! He is a totally multi-faceted Artist. And the double-rainbow - is his own main gift!
In this grey everydayness of
life, I guess, his best companion
is - the Moon. And while the Moon is shining to Maestro Angelocesare
during the day, the Sun... Yes, the Sun is lighting up for him at night! His Kingdom - is a dreamworld of visions and thoughts. The Supreme Realm of Refined Pure Poetry! And Light - well, Fire! - is this specially unique element,
which forces Angelocesare to feel himself right at home...
He shines You and he gives You a Light - one in one, like the Sun- beams during the rain! His brilliant, flamboyant, inspiring, juicy and delicious ART is shining
(to the fullest!) with all the luxurious colours of the true
rainbow! Besides - with all
it"s extraordinary Lucky Energy as
well! Really, a double-rainbow,
Well, stop, passerby! Please, stop! It"s time to breath in - You"ll see a "Double rainbow" of Maestro Angelocesare! And that"s really a Bliss!"
March 12th, 2006
"Angelocesare has to be my favorite photographer on flickr. His attention to detail sets him apart from others, and though his subjects are quite diverse, his work is consistent in quality and excellence.
Most of all, he makes the viewer "wish they were there" like no other. How great it would be to have him "take me along in his pocket" for the day, and discover his beautiful country, seeing it from his perspective."
November 1st, 2005
"I am captivated by Angelo's work. The depth, the richness and the beauty are mind boggling.
He is very gifted.
October 20th, 2005
"Angelocesare is a master of color and composition. The beauty of his images just melts me. Make sure you look at his Hills set."
October 1st, 2005
"If you've found this you are already a fan of Angelo. His images are compelling, not only because of his technical prowess, but because his love for the objects of his focus shines through his photos. His landscapes, mountain-scapes, and city shots are often magnificent, but some of my favorites are the simpler shots, like those of the cabin on the mountain and the meals he ate there. Enjoy this photostream. It's honest and warm and beautiful."
August 17th, 2005
- Angelo Amboldi
- March 2005
- Nerviano (MI)
- Legnano (MI), Italy
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Note rapide