For her whole life she was interested in photography, but she really didn’t develop a passion for it until she was 17 years old and diagnosed with cancer. From the day she was diagnosed she decided to use photography to document her experience with cancer.
The model (Suicide Girls Hopeful) and photographer Angela Butler has been creating self-portraits for five years, and working with friends and colleagues in front of their cameras for almost three years. She stresses the importance of photography for her with these words “Everything I do is photography, I don’t know what I would do if this could somehow be taken away".
Butler who graduated from Alberta College of Art + Design (ACAD) with a Bachelor of Design and a Major in Photography in 2014 has been with Phlearn.com as an intern since May of 2010, and an employee since September 2010. She brings you our weekly "Weekend Inspiration" and written interviews with many different photographers.
Currently residing in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Image contributor for Getty Images, StudentStock, and Room the agency. Feature inquires at email@example.com.
All other inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Modeling Page | Facebook Photography Page | Instagram | Twitter
- Flickrista 81,423 photos, 3,382 members
- Photolove Magazine 9,626 photos, 429 members
- Couples 27,244 photos, 7,016 members
- $elf 23,421 photos, 2,380 members
- bored or border // only the best 1,975 photos, 2,129 members
- Flickr Celebrates Pride 15,237 photos, 1,048 members
- I love my cat 398,332 photos, 54,156 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 1,054,287 photos, 38,583 members
- Landscape photography 1,027,658 photos, 50,823 members
- Concept Collaboration. 3,288 photos, 640 members
- IYL Showcase - 2015 9,966 photos, 4,803 members
- Talent Magazine 38,107 photos, 1,494 members
- Portraits with soul 24,300 photos, 2,499 members
- Gorgeous freckles 378 photos, 110 members
- Indie Kids 176,534 photos, 9,131 members
- INDIE AND ALTERNATIVE FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 86,721 photos, 5,750 members
- Life is Art! 90,473 photos, 2,421 members
- Photo of the Year 2015 74,526 photos, 3,870 members
- THE LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL 5,523 photos, 692 members
- the world i see 142,912 photos, 2,985 members
- Travel is meaningful . 33,846 photos, 1,654 members
- ▶Self Perception 13,239 photos, 1,414 members
- I got a sick obsession. 11,190 photos, 501 members
- DelicadA EleganciA // DelicatE ElegancE 12,668 photos, 618 members
- B&W SQUARE GROUP 99,116 photos, 4,107 members
- B Square 319,594 photos, 9,876 members
- Its Hip to be Square..Portraits 10,802 photos, 2,214 members
- squareFormat 947,127 photos, 37,857 members
- Urban Fragments (No People) 982,900 photos, 69,870 members
- The Distance Between Stars 42,658 photos, 1,268 members
- Merciless Beauty 22,355 photos, 964 members
- Origins - Stunning Nature 1,890 photos, 24,297 members
- PHOTOGRAPHERS OF CANADA 412,460 photos, 5,450 members
- PhotoshopJunkies 9,320 photos, 675 members
- ANGSTY! zine 4,425 photos, 433 members
- ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ 337,448 photos, 8,659 members
- Young Adult Flickr Pictures 26,610 photos, 1,578 members
- - All Dreamers - 4,579 photos, 211 members
- My Everyday Life 164,428 photos, 5,758 members
- N.E.E.T. Magazine 109,201 photos, 6,120 members
- MIRE magazine 65,427 photos, 2,225 members
- PhotoDonuts 87,215 photos, 3,287 members
- THE WORLD’S LEADING YOUNG PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY COMMUNITY 19,726 photos, 1,605 members
- COFFEE AND CIGARETTES 29,484 photos, 7,478 members
- Psychic †eens 17,028 photos, 1,030 members
- PUDGE Magazine 4,900 photos, 831 members
- all the cats that meow to the moon 1,356 photos, 340 members
- Youth in Revolt 26,607 photos, 2,194 members
- Talking Without Speaking 4,577 photos, 648 members
- Wandering Minds 10,046 photos, 1,390 members
Pete Glogiewicz says:
"I wouldn't normally write a testimonial for a contact after such a short time. BUT having known Angela (In the digital sense) for only around 8 weeks I can honestly say she is one of the most inspirational people on my contact list. The images she produces are moving, and also clearly hold great personal meaning to her. Every time I look at her stream I find myself browsing back through it and finding images full of emotion and expression. On top of all this she has inspired me (through some light hearted abuse on twitter) to embark upon a personal project that wouldn't have come about if we hadn't have met on-line. Angela is a talented photographer, a skilled retoucher and a truly inspirational person."
April 10th, 2013
Hussain Dewani. says:
"Its been a very short time i have viewed Angela's Work, and its totally awesome. I'm amazed with her artistic approach. Would love to see more of her.
-Hussain Dewani (Rangeen Studios)"
January 15th, 2012
Jeromy Deleff says:
"An amazing photographer and amazing person. :)"
February 7th, 2011
Cherry Rum says:
"Beautiful pictured here,Angela!!
Keep up the good work and i am pretty sure you are going to be a very succesful photographer:)"
January 9th, 2011
"I have looked at almost all of Angela's pictures, and they blow me away to say the least. Each picture has a story behind it and so much raw emotion. Angela and her pictures are truly incredable!"
June 3rd, 2010
hellow im morgan says:
I've been looking at Angela Mary's stream for quite some time.
It's full of uniquness and fun shots that you'd never think to take!
I can honestly say that I've looked at pages 1-27 of her pictures
and she has certainly grown as a photograhper! Great job :)"
November 28th, 2009
"I love looking at Angela`s photostream , because it really gets to me , in a good way , shes talented , fun , and very pretty. Her photos keep me coming back for more and i say , i hope to see lots more in the future , (: Kudos"
August 13th, 2009
- Angela Butler
- January 2009
- Mount Pearl
- I am:
- Female and Open
- Professional Photographer, Freelance Model, Writer and Content Contributor for Phlearn.com
- Angela Butler Photography's Fan Page