For her whole life she was interested in photography, but she really didn’t develop a passion for it until she was 17 years old and diagnosed with cancer. From the day she was diagnosed she decided to use photography to document her experience with cancer.
The model (Suicide Girls Hopeful) and photographer Angela Butler has been creating self-portraits for five years, and working with friends and colleagues in front of their cameras for almost three years. She stresses the importance of photography for her with these words “Everything I do is photography, I don’t know what I would do if this could somehow be taken away".
Butler who graduated from Alberta College of Art + Design (ACAD) with a Bachelor of Design and a Major in Photography in 2014 has been with Phlearn.com as an intern since May of 2010, and an employee since September 2010. She brings you our weekly "Weekend Inspiration" and written interviews with many different photographers.
Currently residing in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Image contributor for Getty Images, StudentStock, and Room the agency. Feature inquires at email@example.com.
All other inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Modeling Page | Facebook Photography Page | Instagram | Twitter
- Flickrista 82,693 photos, 3,401 members
- Photolove Magazine 10,079 photos, 441 members
- Couples 27,549 photos, 7,083 members
- $elf 23,417 photos, 2,407 members
- bored or border // only the best 2,008 photos, 2,131 members
- Flickr Celebrates Pride 15,938 photos, 1,054 members
- I love my cat 400,640 photos, 54,294 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 1,099,048 photos, 39,787 members
- Landscape photography 1,070,939 photos, 53,189 members
- Concept Collaboration. 3,695 photos, 716 members
- If You Leave Showcase - 2015 9,931 photos, 4,786 members
- Talent Magazine 40,075 photos, 1,545 members
- Portraits with soul 29,631 photos, 2,694 members
- Gorgeous freckles 406 photos, 123 members
- Indie Kids 177,936 photos, 9,162 members
- INDIE AND ALTERNATIVE FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 86,550 photos, 5,767 members
- Life is Art! 91,403 photos, 2,427 members
- Photo of the Year 2015 83,416 photos, 3,971 members
- THE LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL 5,686 photos, 696 members
- the world i see 148,065 photos, 3,048 members
- Travel is meaningful . 34,251 photos, 1,663 members
- ▶Self Perception 13,494 photos, 1,418 members
- I got a sick obsession. 11,353 photos, 519 members
- DelicadA EleganciA // DelicatE ElegancE 13,529 photos, 640 members
- B&W SQUARE GROUP 99,968 photos, 4,122 members
- B Square 321,237 photos, 9,891 members
- Its Hip to be Square..Portraits 10,781 photos, 2,214 members
- squareFormat 950,671 photos, 38,120 members
- Urban Fragments (No People) 981,779 photos, 70,554 members
- The Distance Between Stars 43,513 photos, 1,283 members
- Merciless Beauty 22,971 photos, 969 members
- Origins - Stunning Nature 1,885 photos, 24,555 members
- PHOTOGRAPHERS OF CANADA 420,194 photos, 5,502 members
- PhotoshopJunkies 9,209 photos, 676 members
- ANGSTY! zine 4,295 photos, 431 members
- ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ 336,629 photos, 8,722 members
- Flickr-Flackr-Flickn 27,704 photos, 1,586 members
- - All Dreamers - 4,699 photos, 212 members
- My Everyday Life 166,208 photos, 5,790 members
- N.E.E.T. Magazine 109,661 photos, 6,145 members
- MIRE magazine 67,049 photos, 2,259 members
- PhotoDonuts 85,052 photos, 3,298 members
- THE WORLD’S LEADING YOUNG PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY COMMUNITY 19,999 photos, 1,610 members
- COFFEE AND CIGARETTES 29,899 photos, 7,511 members
- Psychic †eens 17,578 photos, 1,037 members
- PUDGE Magazine 4,903 photos, 844 members
- all the cats that meow to the moon 1,375 photos, 343 members
- Youth in Revolt 26,207 photos, 2,215 members
- Talking Without Speaking 4,954 photos, 682 members
- Wandering Minds 9,969 photos, 1,442 members
Pete Glogiewicz says:
"I wouldn't normally write a testimonial for a contact after such a short time. BUT having known Angela (In the digital sense) for only around 8 weeks I can honestly say she is one of the most inspirational people on my contact list. The images she produces are moving, and also clearly hold great personal meaning to her. Every time I look at her stream I find myself browsing back through it and finding images full of emotion and expression. On top of all this she has inspired me (through some light hearted abuse on twitter) to embark upon a personal project that wouldn't have come about if we hadn't have met on-line. Angela is a talented photographer, a skilled retoucher and a truly inspirational person."
April 10th, 2013
Hussain Dewani. says:
"Its been a very short time i have viewed Angela's Work, and its totally awesome. I'm amazed with her artistic approach. Would love to see more of her.
-Hussain Dewani (Rangeen Studios)"
January 15th, 2012
Jeromy Deleff says:
"An amazing photographer and amazing person. :)"
February 7th, 2011
Cherry Rum says:
"Beautiful pictured here,Angela!!
Keep up the good work and i am pretty sure you are going to be a very succesful photographer:)"
January 9th, 2011
"I have looked at almost all of Angela's pictures, and they blow me away to say the least. Each picture has a story behind it and so much raw emotion. Angela and her pictures are truly incredable!"
June 3rd, 2010
hellow im morgan says:
I've been looking at Angela Mary's stream for quite some time.
It's full of uniquness and fun shots that you'd never think to take!
I can honestly say that I've looked at pages 1-27 of her pictures
and she has certainly grown as a photograhper! Great job :)"
November 28th, 2009
"I love looking at Angela`s photostream , because it really gets to me , in a good way , shes talented , fun , and very pretty. Her photos keep me coming back for more and i say , i hope to see lots more in the future , (: Kudos"
August 13th, 2009
- Angela Butler
- January 2009
- Mount Pearl
- I am:
- Female and Open
- Professional Photographer, Freelance Model, Writer and Content Contributor for Phlearn.com
- Angela Butler Photography's Fan Page