2. The House,
3. Essential Gold,
4. The contagion of laughter,
5. fruit bowl-photo paint
I am a photographer and professor and researcher of Neuroeconomics (quite an interesting combination!). In case you wonder... Neuroeconomics is an economist with research on
human decision-making, using neuroscience and its research methods... I experiment with hormones on volunteers.
Photography comes from my art background of a few years back, when I was young, and I was a painter, potter, and sculptor. Now I do paintings on the computer using both Adobe
Photoshop CS5 and Corel Painter 11.
To see my paintings, visit angela-stanton.artistwebsites.com/ and my photography for hire you
can see at my main website www.stantonphotostudios.com/f235070257/.
I live in Southern California, USA with my family of husband, 2 grown up and married sons (within walking distance from my home), my mother (living with me), a dog and a cat,
some of my neighbors' cats who are my cat's friends and show up under my couch every now and then, and a million birds that I feed, who sometimes end up in my house in the
process of escaping hawks, bluebirds, or my cat.
I am a nature girl; I leave no stone unturned, no flower without a sniff, and no creature without being photographed.. but I do all this without leaving a mark on nature.
Everything is alive and crawling, flying, etc., when I take a picture of it, nothing is dead. occasionally I will cut a flower but even that I prefer to photograph in nature
as it is in the dirt. When I photograph people I prefer to use candid photography with my camera on remote.
I now work for hire for on location photography, such as weddings and engagements, and I also have a full studio set up with both photo continuous lights (for kids and pets)
and with strobes (for anything else). I particularly love to photograph couples, portraits, family, and kids. If you or someone you know is looking for a photographer, please
give them my email: angela@stantonphotostudios and ask them to contact me. I will offer a 20% discount to clients who are referred to me by my flickr buddies!
My photo equipment:
Canon 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Canon EF 300mm f/4.0 L IS USM telephoto (super just weighs a ton). I actually sold this lens on amazon.com but here are samples so you can see what the lens can do.
Here are a few samples:
Canon EF 70-200mmm f/2.8L IS II USM zoom telephoto--my favorite lens at the moment, this is the lens that replaced the 300mm mentioned above, even though it is heavier
than my 300mm lens. Here are some samples:
Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM I loved this lens. I found it to be the most useful and versatile but I hated the f4.0 max aperture, which needed a ton of light, So I no
longer have this lens either--sold on amazon.com. I used it for landscapes, obviously, since it is a super wide angle, but I also used it for portraits!
Here are a couple of HDR samples:
Here is a sample using this super wide angle on a bridal shower using it at 23mm:
The lens I replaced this with is yet to materialize... =) The one I want is a bit pricey... but I did purchase an interim great lens: Canon EF 24-70mm f.2.8L USM . This
is a very good "street lens" that can do just about anything except it is not wide enough for all type of shooting. Here are some samples I took with this lens so far:
and a panorama to round it all out:
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 IS macro lens is a fantastic replacement for the same lens without IS. With this I have been taking some great shots of late. Here are some
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 (this is a fantastic portrait lens but now I am discovering it as a super artsy lens for just about anything mid-range. The bokeh it creates is the
best I have seen - among my lenses - and it is a small and very lightweight lens. It is very clear, no vignetting whatsoever ... however, it is a soft-focus lens to a large
degree as a result of the extremely large aperture of 1.8. So the point of extreme focus is VERY tiny. But as I found out on my latest experiment, it is a pretty cool lens in
general. Here is a sample that I placed a painterly finish on:
Canon EF 15mm f.2.8L fisheye lens. I love the fisheye!! Use it all the time. Here are a couple of samples:
And finally, a Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 normal lens. Here is a sample:
I also use a Kenko extension tube set (3 rings) with my macro lens to get even closer. With the Kenko I can get 6:1.
Here are some examples using this Kenko set:
Photoshop has a super fisheye impersonator, here is an example of that:
I also have a Canon 2x extender for the telephoto....
Here is a sample of using the 2x with the 300mm:
and with the 70-200 zoom lens:
I use a medium duty Manfrotto tripod and a Manfrotto monopod, both with ball head for 11 lbs... the telephoto lens weighs a ton and so long that any smaller head and the lens
sags. I now replaced the ball head with a pistol head, which I find has much better motion ability for panoramas.
I have way too many filters, none of which I use... that is why I have Photoshop so I don't need to fuss with filters. I do use a UV filter on occasion but it can give lens
flare so I often have nothing on. The polarizing lenses make sense but I rarely get them turned in the correct direction.... so I often don;t use them either.
Additional gadgets of high importance:
I have many Compact Flashcards but the best are the 600x UDMAs by Transcend. The speed with which you can take your pictures in your camera is dependent upon the camera itself
as well as on the speed of the flash card you are recording your data on. I own 2 8 GB and 2 16 GB of these.
I work in the largest RAW format and with the Mark II my images are between 25 and 35 MB each prior to any processing. The mark II can take almost 4 pictures per second but if
my CF card can save them only 2 pix per second.. well then.. my camera will suddenly shoot realy slow. The 600x can write 4 of my size pictures per second, so it is a perfect
Another tool of importance is a standalone backup drive that fits in your pocket, allows you to watch your pictures in RAW format, and can store Gigabytes upon Gigabytes of
data so you can use the same CF cards again and again and again without grabbing your computer. I had a hard time finding one of these that I actually considered
"good" but I now found one.
It is called Album by HyperDrive. I think I was the first person who owned one in the US because I was online chatting with the guy complaining about how bad everyone's system
was and why don't they come up with a better model when he sent me the link to their new product that was to hit the market the next day... I had the product in my pocket the
next day and the rest is history.
If you are in the market for one of these, here is where you find it: www.hypershop.com/HyperDrive-Memory-Card-Backup-Device-s/... (no, I am not getting any money for this.. this is just my personal recommendation!)
And finally, I have several photo bags and I cannot say that I found the perfect one... I have the one that rolls on wheels.. cool but HUGE.. then I have a large sling that
opens on the side very cleverly--great but still HUGE.. then I have a small sling--so far the best only it is not very comfortable with my heavy telephoto; somehow the sling
part of it is not well designed as it could be.. then I have a beltpack (Lowepro outback 100) that is cool but way too small... and now on order a 200... hopefully that will
I do not have "real" photo lighting. What I use are LED flashlights! Yep!!! They are great! Cheap, disposable, can have as many as you want, can be reflected with
circular reflector disks - I have one of those with gold on one side and silver on the other and it works great with the LED flashlights. I also have an LED flashlight set
that goes around the macro lens's nose to light up the creature of interest. I do have a flash that I sometimes attach to the camera but rarely.
Photos of StanfordSumi (4)
- PONDS - POOLS - LITTLE LAKES 7,686 photos, 320 members
- ~* Beauties Beasts *~ [ By Admin Invite Only ] 2,174 photos, 759 members
- LAist Featured Photos 113,331 photos, 2,357 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,992,618 photos, 101,297 members
- Massacre Photo Group (Post 1: Score 3 before) New Contest!!! 16,212 photos, 1,850 members
- Iran Sapia &B.W. 38 photos, 44 members
- 0 "Elite Club" (Starting here!) 86,479 photos, 5,512 members
- Amazing Nature /SWEEPER ACTIVE/NOTHING MANMADE 73,312 photos, 5,209 members
- A.E. ( Level 1 ) "NOT AWARDING BAN" 86,061 photos, 4,322 members
- (Only Invite) should make explore 2,042 photos, 159 members
- Follow the lights, they lead to something 255 photos, 29 members
- THE ACADEMY: TREE & ALLEY 6,894 photos, 623 members
- B&H Photo 36,932 photos, 6,652 members
- LANDSCAPES DREAMS -Please comment on two (2)!!! 415,620 photos, 29,803 members
- The Art of CANON 454 photos, 87 members
- ♔Group wi†h Ҽxperience♔ 3,084,816 photos, 384,621 members
- Orange County Photography Club 13,366 photos, 667 members
- Music & Poetry in Pictures / Música y poesía en imagenes 68,467 photos, 2,137 members
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L (II) USM 15,361 photos, 2,367 members
- Open Source Photography (OSP) 56,916 photos, 3,751 members
- ***A Place For Great Photographers*** Level 5 Sun God 1,085 photos, 354 members
- Exister c'est vivre 80,146 photos, 1,300 members
- Digital Masterpiece 162,542 photos, 3,611 members
- The Masters of Photography 5,621 photos, 206 members
- ♥A Magical Moment of Reflection♥ 22,504 photos, 1,730 members
- ***A Place For Ultimate Photographers*** Level 4 Please award 3 1,672 photos, 562 members
- Camera Dojo 13,221 photos, 690 members
- ♥ﾒ Sitting by the Dock of the Bay ﾒ♥ *by invite only* 1,834 photos, 683 members
- Alien Skin Exposure group 5,793 photos, 666 members
- ! * Macro dewdrops ○ Macro droplets ○ P1/C2 please 6,686 photos, 1,276 members
- ***Friends are the glasses of the ♥soul - Post1-C2 16,713 photos, 748 members
- ||| PORTAL FLICKR ||| 35,330 photos, 1,381 members
- Sube lo que quieras-Upload any picture you like!(Post1-Comment1) 185,508 photos, 3,902 members
- Silver Efex Pro 63,975 photos, 2,726 members
- THE BEST PICTURES OF REFLECTIONS 86,085 photos, 12,922 members
- ONLY LANDSCAPES AND SUNSET( NO PEOPLE PLEASE!!!!) 283,315 photos, 21,312 members
- This groups is CLOSED 8,273 photos, 1,067 members
- ♥♥♥♥♥PHOTOGRAPHERS WORLD♥♥♥♥♥ P1/C3 SWEEPER 50,105 photos, 3,563 members
- INTENSOS ANIMALES / Intense animals 137,477 photos, 9,689 members
- Siamese Cats and their Feline Brothers (CLOSED GROUP) 115,723 photos, 9,839 members
- FRIENDS FOREVER (POST 1 AWARD 5) SWEEPER ACTIVE!!! 74,063 photos, 3,941 members
- :::~BOKEH (ボケ) LAND~::: | houseofbokehblog.wordpress.com 114,675 photos, 4,370 members
- ! * Fantastic Nature Group** Award 1 photo** 185,660 photos, 5,589 members
- ***Fantastic Nature Gallery ✲ [admin moderated] P1-A2 16,353 photos, 1,043 members
- Aguamaniacos-Watermaniacs! (Post 1, comment 5) 105,103 photos, 4,937 members
- ! * Fantastic Christmas picture gallery ! Post 1 / Award 2 8,043 photos, 1,291 members
- Touch my heart 8,693 photos, 575 members
- ♥♥♥ THREE HEARTS AWARD ♥♥♥ P1A1 51,781 photos, 1,056 members
- THE " MOMENT 19,165 photos, 1,007 members
- .(^_^). 15,468 photos, 721 members
StanfordSumi doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Angela Stanton
- December 2009
- Anaheim, California
- Anaheim, California, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Neuroeconomist (PhD in Economics and Neuroscience combination)
- Stanton Photo Studios