2. The House,
3. Essential Gold,
4. The contagion of laughter,
5. fruit bowl-photo paint
I am a photographer and professor and researcher of Neuroeconomics (quite an interesting combination!). In case you wonder... Neuroeconomics is an economist with research on
human decision-making, using neuroscience and its research methods... I experiment with hormones on volunteers.
Photography comes from my art background of a few years back, when I was young, and I was a painter, potter, and sculptor. Now I do paintings on the computer using both Adobe
Photoshop CS5 and Corel Painter 11.
To see my paintings, visit angela-stanton.artistwebsites.com/ and my photography for hire you
can see at my main website www.stantonphotostudios.com/f235070257/.
I live in Southern California, USA with my family of husband, 2 grown up and married sons (within walking distance from my home), my mother (living with me), a dog and a cat,
some of my neighbors' cats who are my cat's friends and show up under my couch every now and then, and a million birds that I feed, who sometimes end up in my house in the
process of escaping hawks, bluebirds, or my cat.
I am a nature girl; I leave no stone unturned, no flower without a sniff, and no creature without being photographed.. but I do all this without leaving a mark on nature.
Everything is alive and crawling, flying, etc., when I take a picture of it, nothing is dead. occasionally I will cut a flower but even that I prefer to photograph in nature
as it is in the dirt. When I photograph people I prefer to use candid photography with my camera on remote.
I now work for hire for on location photography, such as weddings and engagements, and I also have a full studio set up with both photo continuous lights (for kids and pets)
and with strobes (for anything else). I particularly love to photograph couples, portraits, family, and kids. If you or someone you know is looking for a photographer, please
give them my email: angela@stantonphotostudios and ask them to contact me. I will offer a 20% discount to clients who are referred to me by my flickr buddies!
My photo equipment:
Canon 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Canon EF 300mm f/4.0 L IS USM telephoto (super just weighs a ton). I actually sold this lens on amazon.com but here are samples so you can see what the lens can do.
Here are a few samples:
Canon EF 70-200mmm f/2.8L IS II USM zoom telephoto--my favorite lens at the moment, this is the lens that replaced the 300mm mentioned above, even though it is heavier
than my 300mm lens. Here are some samples:
Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM I loved this lens. I found it to be the most useful and versatile but I hated the f4.0 max aperture, which needed a ton of light, So I no
longer have this lens either--sold on amazon.com. I used it for landscapes, obviously, since it is a super wide angle, but I also used it for portraits!
Here are a couple of HDR samples:
Here is a sample using this super wide angle on a bridal shower using it at 23mm:
The lens I replaced this with is yet to materialize... =) The one I want is a bit pricey... but I did purchase an interim great lens: Canon EF 24-70mm f.2.8L USM . This
is a very good "street lens" that can do just about anything except it is not wide enough for all type of shooting. Here are some samples I took with this lens so far:
and a panorama to round it all out:
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 IS macro lens is a fantastic replacement for the same lens without IS. With this I have been taking some great shots of late. Here are some
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 (this is a fantastic portrait lens but now I am discovering it as a super artsy lens for just about anything mid-range. The bokeh it creates is the
best I have seen - among my lenses - and it is a small and very lightweight lens. It is very clear, no vignetting whatsoever ... however, it is a soft-focus lens to a large
degree as a result of the extremely large aperture of 1.8. So the point of extreme focus is VERY tiny. But as I found out on my latest experiment, it is a pretty cool lens in
general. Here is a sample that I placed a painterly finish on:
Canon EF 15mm f.2.8L fisheye lens. I love the fisheye!! Use it all the time. Here are a couple of samples:
And finally, a Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 normal lens. Here is a sample:
I also use a Kenko extension tube set (3 rings) with my macro lens to get even closer. With the Kenko I can get 6:1.
Here are some examples using this Kenko set:
Photoshop has a super fisheye impersonator, here is an example of that:
I also have a Canon 2x extender for the telephoto....
Here is a sample of using the 2x with the 300mm:
and with the 70-200 zoom lens:
I use a medium duty Manfrotto tripod and a Manfrotto monopod, both with ball head for 11 lbs... the telephoto lens weighs a ton and so long that any smaller head and the lens
sags. I now replaced the ball head with a pistol head, which I find has much better motion ability for panoramas.
I have way too many filters, none of which I use... that is why I have Photoshop so I don't need to fuss with filters. I do use a UV filter on occasion but it can give lens
flare so I often have nothing on. The polarizing lenses make sense but I rarely get them turned in the correct direction.... so I often don;t use them either.
Additional gadgets of high importance:
I have many Compact Flashcards but the best are the 600x UDMAs by Transcend. The speed with which you can take your pictures in your camera is dependent upon the camera itself
as well as on the speed of the flash card you are recording your data on. I own 2 8 GB and 2 16 GB of these.
I work in the largest RAW format and with the Mark II my images are between 25 and 35 MB each prior to any processing. The mark II can take almost 4 pictures per second but if
my CF card can save them only 2 pix per second.. well then.. my camera will suddenly shoot realy slow. The 600x can write 4 of my size pictures per second, so it is a perfect
Another tool of importance is a standalone backup drive that fits in your pocket, allows you to watch your pictures in RAW format, and can store Gigabytes upon Gigabytes of
data so you can use the same CF cards again and again and again without grabbing your computer. I had a hard time finding one of these that I actually considered
"good" but I now found one.
It is called Album by HyperDrive. I think I was the first person who owned one in the US because I was online chatting with the guy complaining about how bad everyone's system
was and why don't they come up with a better model when he sent me the link to their new product that was to hit the market the next day... I had the product in my pocket the
next day and the rest is history.
If you are in the market for one of these, here is where you find it: www.hypershop.com/HyperDrive-Memory-Card-Backup-Device-s/... (no, I am not getting any money for this.. this is just my personal recommendation!)
And finally, I have several photo bags and I cannot say that I found the perfect one... I have the one that rolls on wheels.. cool but HUGE.. then I have a large sling that
opens on the side very cleverly--great but still HUGE.. then I have a small sling--so far the best only it is not very comfortable with my heavy telephoto; somehow the sling
part of it is not well designed as it could be.. then I have a beltpack (Lowepro outback 100) that is cool but way too small... and now on order a 200... hopefully that will
I do not have "real" photo lighting. What I use are LED flashlights! Yep!!! They are great! Cheap, disposable, can have as many as you want, can be reflected with
circular reflector disks - I have one of those with gold on one side and silver on the other and it works great with the LED flashlights. I also have an LED flashlight set
that goes around the macro lens's nose to light up the creature of interest. I do have a flash that I sometimes attach to the camera but rarely.
Photos of StanfordSumi (4)
- PONDS - POOLS - LITTLE LAKES 6,147 photos, 288 members
- ~* Beauties Beasts *~ [ By Admin Invite Only ] 1,968 photos, 737 members
- LAist Featured Photos 108,726 photos, 2,309 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,352,733 photos, 95,958 members
- Massacre Photo Group (Post 1: Score 3 before) New Contest!!! 15,994 photos, 1,862 members
- Iran Sapia &B.W. 38 photos, 44 members
- 0 "Elite Club" (Starting here!) 87,702 photos, 5,573 members
- Amazing Nature /SWEEPER ACTIVE/NOTHING MANMADE 70,451 photos, 4,854 members
- A.E. ( Level 1 ) "NOT AWARDING BAN" 71,562 photos, 3,917 members
- (Only Invite) should make explore 2,060 photos, 159 members
- Follow the lights, they lead to something 256 photos, 29 members
- THE ACADEMY: TREE & ALLEY 6,666 photos, 621 members
- B&H Photo 36,800 photos, 6,570 members
- LANDSCAPES DREAMS -Please comment on two (2)!!! 380,294 photos, 28,120 members
- The Art of CANON 456 photos, 80 members
- Group wi†h Ҽxperience 2,777,774 photos, 331,579 members
- Orange County Photography Club 12,713 photos, 642 members
- Music & Poetry in Pictures / Música y poesía en imagenes 65,569 photos, 2,133 members
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L (II) USM 14,264 photos, 2,163 members
- Open Source Photography (OSP) 54,367 photos, 3,675 members
- ***A Place For Great Photographers*** Level 5 Sun God 1,054 photos, 346 members
- Exister c'est vivre 64,877 photos, 1,268 members
- Digital Masterpiece 137,202 photos, 3,434 members
- The Masters of Photography 4,584 photos, 198 members
- ♥A Magical Moment of Reflection♥ 20,763 photos, 1,646 members
- ***A Place For Ultimate Photographers*** Level 4 Please award 3 1,593 photos, 549 members
- Camera Dojo 13,291 photos, 693 members
- ♥ﾒ Sitting by the Dock of the Bay ﾒ♥ *by invite only* 1,720 photos, 663 members
- Alien Skin Exposure group 5,267 photos, 638 members
- ! * Macro dewdrops ○ Macro droplets ○ P1/C2 please 5,945 photos, 1,206 members
- ***Friends are the glasses of the ♥soul - Post1-C2 15,900 photos, 749 members
- ||| PORTAL FLICKR ||| 32,144 photos, 1,362 members
- Sube lo que quieras-Upload any picture you like!(Post1-Comment1) 173,583 photos, 3,837 members
- Silver Efex Pro 58,858 photos, 2,643 members
- THE BEST PICTURES OF REFLECTIONS 79,335 photos, 12,405 members
- ONLY LANDSCAPES AND SUNSET( NO PEOPLE PLEASE!!!!) 248,813 photos, 19,803 members
- This groups is CLOSED 8,353 photos, 1,078 members
- ♥♥♥♥♥PHOTOGRAPHERS WORLD♥♥♥♥♥ P1/C3 SWEEPER 44,515 photos, 3,433 members
- INTENSOS ANIMALES / Intense animals 126,037 photos, 9,564 members
- Siamese Cats and their Feline Brothers (CLOSED GROUP) 116,456 photos, 9,880 members
- FRIENDS FOREVER (POST 1 AWARD 5) SWEEPER ACTIVE!!! 66,433 photos, 3,762 members
- :::~BOKEH (ボケ) LAND~::: | houseofbokehblog.wordpress.com 107,467 photos, 4,232 members
- ! * Fantastic Nature Group** Award 1 photo** 157,753 photos, 5,083 members
- ***Fantastic Nature Gallery ✲ [admin moderated] P1-A2 14,321 photos, 995 members
- Aguamaniacos-Watermaniacs! (Post 1, comment 5) 97,592 photos, 4,777 members
- ! * Fantastic Christmas picture gallery ! Post 1 / Award 2 7,165 photos, 1,184 members
- Touch my heart 8,439 photos, 577 members
- ♥♥♥ THREE HEARTS AWARD ♥♥♥ P1A1 49,416 photos, 1,039 members
- THE " MOMENT 18,083 photos, 990 members
- .(^_^). 14,603 photos, 717 members
StanfordSumi doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Angela Stanton
- December 2009
- Anaheim, California
- Anaheim, California, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Neuroeconomist (PhD in Economics and Neuroscience combination)
- Stanton Photo Studios