Over the years, I've shot various Nikons, one Canon (I'm sorry, mom) and a bunch of phones.
Currently? A Sony NEX-5T with some cool Canon FD lenses.
- GREAT PANOS 31,278 photos, 3,280 members
- Nokia Lumia 925 PureView 3,656 photos, 180 members
- pureviewclub 31,052 photos, 752 members
- New Years Sunrise 2014 83 photos, 35 members
- Nikon D90 1,007,003 photos, 37,036 members
- NIKON D90 CLUB 694,293 photos, 31,930 members
- Only German Cars 118,260 photos, 3,045 members
- Love South Africa 26,752 photos, 1,116 members
- Best Car Picture Of The Week 33,910 photos, 1,122 members
- Flickr Automotive 310,513 photos, 6,894 members
- Volkswagen Bugs 8,438 photos, 798 members
- bokeh whores 303,350 photos, 13,031 members
- CreativePortraiture 77,896 photos, 3,544 members
- Bokeh Of The Day 136,613 photos, 6,126 members
- Bokeh Dokeh 4,628 photos, 25 members
- The Brenizer Method 6,804 photos, 5,256 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 225,557 photos, 7,434 members
- One Strobe Pony 73,343 photos, 9,094 members
- Shoot the Little Karoo - Part II 7 photos, 19 members
- Photography Q&A with Joe McNally 101 photos, 181 members
- Cape Town Photography Meetup 679 photos, 55 members
- We Love Cape Town 2,742 photos, 81 members
- Earth Mosaic 2009 9,304 photos, 2,592 members
- Cape Town. Live it. Love it. 31,159 photos, 1,431 members
- Cape Town Flickr Meetup Group Group 8,895 photos, 546 members
- Strobist.com 602,409 photos, 121,874 members
- Noid & Wenchy's Africa 382 photos, 13 members
- Scenics, not just landscapes! 214,276 photos, 10,473 members
- Vertoramas 14,274 photos, 1,884 members
- South Africa Rocks 17,091 photos, 641 members
- Expressions of Cape Town 540 photos, 138 members
- *I Love the Ocean/Sea* (No People Shots, Ocean Only) 53,224 photos, 6,574 members
- Seascapes and Shorelines 647,690 photos, 29,264 members
- African Sunsets & Sunrises 2,641 photos, 356 members
- Pictures of South Africa 23,716 photos, 1,061 members
- Shoot the Little Karoo 157 photos, 26 members
- Nikon Digital Magic 379,055 photos, 5,923 members
"Finding the words to describe Andre's wonderful photos of beautiful Africa, shall be hard to put into words, as most of his images are so amazing that there are no words to describe them. He is one of the very first contacts I had the pleasure of "meeting" on here, and has always left such encouraging words on my photos. He is a great Flickr friend and an amazing photographer. When you click over here to view his photos, you have to remind yourself to breathe, as they all really are that breathtaking and wonderful. I always knew that Africa was beautiful but never knew exactly how spectacular that beauty was until Andre showed it with his fantastic photos. Thank you Andre for sharing it's beauty... :)"
October 12th, 2008
"Everytime I see someone post something online about the Nikon D40 being limiting, I always feel an urge to direct them to andreinafrica's stream. He is living, breathing proof that a DSLR is a portal to freedom of expression, creativity and beauty.
Thanks for sharing Africa with us, and yes, love every single one of those landscape shots! :)"
May 28th, 2008
"Andre is way too humble for the kinds of photographs he makes. Hugely talented in image making, funny and interesting as a writer and a great person to chat to during sunrise coffee on a Karoo farm."
May 21st, 2007
sojourner photography says:
"When I grow up and get a real camera, I want to be like Andre. I love his work. (You inspire me, dude. You take the shots I dream of.) I am so glad he shares them with us. He is also a great flickr friend...he leaves the best comments, that encourage me to keep growing as a photographer. Dankie."
May 18th, 2007
"To describe Andre's work is easy... amazing. He says what he thinks and his art is awesome. Always in quest of a new picture, he brings out the best of what his eyes can see to transform a simple pic into feelings and emotions.
A true Artist."
January 6th, 2007
:: Wendy :: says:
"andre left many encouraging, short and humerous comments on my photographs. I'd just spent 24hrs without any power, they were a cheery welcome back, Thanks Andre"
December 16th, 2006
- André van Rooyen
- October 2006
- Simon's Town
- Simon's Town, South Africa
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Geek, Photographer, Engineer.