I love the outdoors, travel, and my digital camera.
I shoot mostly with a Nikon D-810 and an Olympus OM-D EM-1 or EM-5II (when I'm traveling light in the backcountry).
- Micro Four Thirds - Professional 844 photos, 250 members
- Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado 14,573 photos, 1,441 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 25,433 photos, 44,135 members
- DCist Photos 174,364 photos, 4,578 members
- All kind of Landscapes 263,508 photos, 15,640 members
- Death Valley 21,576 photos, 2,930 members
- SANTOS: Images of Faith 55,608 photos, 1,817 members
- CHRISTIAN PHOTOGRAPHY 79,299 photos, 3,709 members
- Christian Photographer Fellowship 215,707 photos, 7,256 members
- Project Yahoo Wallpaper 3,198 photos, 769 members
- Olympus E-M1 Photography 58,621 photos, 1,315 members
- Shoot Like a Painter! Friends of Dan Ballard 170 photos, 56 members
- yosemite 43,115 photos, 6,231 members
- OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses Group 28,471 photos, 15,664 members
- Landscapes!!! 1,236,972 photos, 45,167 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 510,986 photos, 15,403 members
- Flickr Friday 24,327 photos, 33,592 members
- Fuji X100 173,319 photos, 9,923 members
- Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy 3,980 photos, 587 members
- Big Sur, California 12,317 photos, 1,796 members
- California State Parks and Beaches 19,944 photos, 1,124 members
- SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA 13,788 photos, 759 members
- San Jose 15,563 photos, 1,009 members
- Santa Clara County Parks 719 photos, 46 members
- California's Bay Area Group 103,260 photos, 3,663 members
- Maine Coon Cats 27,113 photos, 2,107 members
- Maine Coon Katz & Maxi Cat Friends 9,738 photos, 1,049 members
- SF Bay Area Shooters (sfbas) 157,864 photos, 4,862 members
- Nikon Digital 3,128,769 photos, 99,676 members
- Nikon D700 326,411 photos, 15,688 members
- Micro Four Thirds Community 553,218 photos, 9,812 members
- SF Bay Area 120,580 photos, 4,691 members
- The Fridge: The best of The Icebox 5,552 photos, 402 members
- The Icebox: The Photo 'Lympics 5 photos, 1,413 members
- San Francisco 271,949 photos, 15,597 members
- SFist 83,564 photos, 1,556 members
- Birds , Birds Birds 1,153,649 photos, 33,532 members
- Bird Identification Help Group 56,473 photos, 8,241 members
- Saving Planet Earth 822 photos, 169 members
- Huntley Meadows Park 2,445 photos, 124 members
- sfgiantsfans 7,757 photos, 515 members
- Graves, Tombs And Cemeteries 290,583 photos, 44,460 members
- CAR [directory] 車 661,497 photos, 18,870 members
- HDR 1,009,937 photos, 93,137 members
- National Zoo (US) in Washington D.C. 15,473 photos, 1,237 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 1,505,364 photos, 49,005 members
- THE SAFE - the official Delete Me! pic keeper 1,415 photos, 512 members
- Baseball 82,743 photos, 5,656 members
- Birds 856,685 photos, 19,240 members
- U.S. National Parks 188,321 photos, 16,478 members
"Tom is such a talented photographer that when he produces shots that are merely "good" I'm taken aback by how pale they are in comparison to the tons of shots he has that are great. Looking simply at his "Portfolio" or "Most Faved" set for his best work is like hoping to see all of D.C. from the window of your hotel room. Go back into his pages. Make the effort to dig in by a few thousand photos.
He has a fantastic eye for composition and either always finds, or always anticipates, the right moment when the shutter should be pressed. I struggle with the kind of timing that comes so easily to him."
May 13th, 2010
Thomas Hawk says:
"Andertho is one of my favorite pals on Flickr. He has a fantastic eye photographically speaking and he also ardently supports principles of free speech as a member of the Flickr community.
I've known Andertho for several years now and have had the good fortune of shooting with him in San Francisco.
Andertho speaks his opinions with conviction. He is not afraid to espouse politically or socially unpopular ideas. Where many online back down against large groups and the groupthink that sometimes accompany them, he stands up for the his ideas and thoughts with fervor. It is great having someone like him around the community who challenges thinking.
Get to know Andertho and his photography."
January 14th, 2010
"This man has a notion of color well beyond any photographer I've seen on flickr. Joint this with his strong attitude and you have the ingredient for drama and beauty in photography."
August 10th, 2008
"andertho is a terrific photographer who excels in capturing all aspects of life in and around the Washington D.C. area. With his eye for detail and camera at his side, andertho is always ready to take a great photo of whatever crosses his path during the day."
July 20th, 2008
"Andertho is equally at home showing you the dresses of the first ladies exhibit at the Smithsonian and taking photos while bullets whiz past his head. If you ever had to make it out of a hostile land without a passport or any money, you would be wise to have him along. He also makes a mean gimlet and looks swell in evening clothes."
April 20th, 2008
DONALD J TRUMP says:
"a double spacing madman. like pierre, andertho keeps proving me wrong in dmu political discussions and i'm getting sick of it!"
April 19th, 2008
Ice Nine says:
"To hello. I liek your photo. They are good and I liek them. Perhaps you need to be save and witness? www.objectivemini..."
December 31st, 2007
Sadie Shooter says:
"Andertho takes amazing photographs. He has a vision that is all his own and for the most part I really love living in his photostream. I enjoy getting lost in his many land and sky scapes.
He's a wonderful photographer."
July 21st, 2007
"Over the past (TIME PERIOD) I have come to regard (USERNAME) not so much as a friend, but more as someone I've never met. He/she* (Delete as applicable) is a true and trusted e-cquaintance."
July 21st, 2007
"He's got a real eye for nature.
July 17th, 2007
"Apart from being a witty person, andertho is also an excellent photographer. His pictures of DC make me want to travel to the US and (re)discover this city."
June 18th, 2007
Pig Sty Avenue says:
"Andertho's a great photographer and a real person in every sense."
May 22nd, 2007
"A monolithic photographer. His photography can best be described as monumental. His images are like statuesque constructs. Edifices unto themselves, Andertho is to the world of photography what Rodan is to the world of auto repair."
July 19th, 2006
"Talented doesn't even begin to desrcibe this photographer. He has an amazing ability to capture beauty."
July 13th, 2006
Serge Arsenie says:
"Tom is a very gifted individual. He has the ability to produce a beautiful photograph with only his wits and a piece of equipment. I enjoy his countless flow of astounding photographs. Take a good look through his photostream, you will not be disappointed!
P.S. -- I especially enjoyed your series from Italy, props to you."
March 5th, 2006
"Andertho and I have a shared history that, were I to relate them here, would overload the Flickr database. Suffice it to say that he is a real trooper. His stalwart attitude and happy-go-lucky stance on life have served him well against the slings and arrows that fortune has chosen to throw at him.
His contribution to the Photographic Tapestry of History of Luton is a testament to his inimitable skill in the photographic arts. I predict great thing from this talented young man."
September 15th, 2005
"William Blake once famously said "If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite". Sadly, Blake did not live long enough to see Andertho's fine Photoshop work"
September 15th, 2005
"Vicious intellect with the photographic talent to match.
You get a sense of deeply held values, strongly held views, an open mind, and a fine human being.
I'm honoured to have him on my list of contacts, but moreso, for being one of his contacts as well.
His photography and imagery speak of a natural eye for the visual."
September 15th, 2005
- July 2005
- Born in New Jersey
- Anytown, USA
- andertho [at] comcast.net