I love the outdoors, travel, and my digital camera. I enjoy finding images of things you wouldn't think to look at -- they are often beautiful/fascinating.
I shoot mostly with a Nikon D-800 and an Olympus OM-D. I get a lot of questions about Micro Four Thirds, so I wrote a review when I bought my first m4/3 camera:
- C'mon, you know you want to... 0 photos, 3 members
- DCist Photos 164,244 photos, 4,479 members
- All kind of Landscapes 86,589 photos, 10,572 members
- Death Valley 18,550 photos, 2,597 members
- SANTOS: Images of Faith 53,187 photos, 1,813 members
- CHRISTIAN PHOTOGRAPHY 72,245 photos, 3,612 members
- Christian Photographer Fellowship 196,475 photos, 7,094 members
- Project Yahoo Wallpaper 1,970 photos, 487 members
- Olympus E-M1 Photography 28,423 photos, 829 members
- Shoot Like a Painter! Friends of Dan Ballard 121 photos, 45 members
- yosemite 38,714 photos, 5,770 members
- OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses Group 22,225 photos, 14,134 members
- Landscapes!!! 709,698 photos, 34,609 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 364,782 photos, 13,878 members
- Flickr Friday 16,248 photos, 24,471 members
- Fuji X100 152,868 photos, 9,280 members
- Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy 3,461 photos, 551 members
- Big Sur, California 11,501 photos, 1,614 members
- California State Parks and Beaches 18,009 photos, 1,069 members
- SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA 13,099 photos, 717 members
- San Jose 15,062 photos, 975 members
- Santa Clara County Parks 588 photos, 36 members
- California's Bay Area Group 91,324 photos, 3,501 members
- Maine Coon Cats 25,751 photos, 2,018 members
- Maine Coon Katz & Maxi Cat Friends 9,005 photos, 989 members
- SF Bay Area Shooters (sfbas) 145,455 photos, 4,672 members
- Nikon Digital 2,296,176 photos, 82,608 members
- Nikon D700 303,441 photos, 15,083 members
- Micro Four Thirds Community 421,415 photos, 8,618 members
- SF Bay Area 113,371 photos, 4,509 members
- The Fridge: The best of The Icebox 5,461 photos, 399 members
- The Icebox: Where Beckstei cooks the books 12 photos, 1,366 members
- San Francisco 254,903 photos, 14,935 members
- SFist 77,955 photos, 1,494 members
- Birds , Birds Birds 953,672 photos, 31,156 members
- Bird Identification Help Group 50,494 photos, 7,727 members
- Saving Planet Earth 745 photos, 162 members
- Huntley Meadows Park 1,848 photos, 109 members
- sfgiantsfans 7,707 photos, 503 members
- Graves, Tombs And Cemeteries 269,410 photos, 40,205 members
- CAR [directory] 車 551,832 photos, 17,692 members
- HDR 958,662 photos, 91,867 members
- National Zoo (US) in Washington D.C. 15,019 photos, 1,206 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 929,891 photos, 34,344 members
- THE SAFE - the official Delete Me! pic keeper 1,433 photos, 516 members
- Baseball 77,039 photos, 5,389 members
- Birds 677,028 photos, 17,345 members
- U.S. National Parks 157,520 photos, 14,430 members
- FlickrCentral 8,641,232 photos, 232,828 members
- Cats 113,173 photos, 5,104 members
"Tom is such a talented photographer that when he produces shots that are merely "good" I'm taken aback by how pale they are in comparison to the tons of shots he has that are great. Looking simply at his "Portfolio" or "Most Faved" set for his best work is like hoping to see all of D.C. from the window of your hotel room. Go back into his pages. Make the effort to dig in by a few thousand photos.
He has a fantastic eye for composition and either always finds, or always anticipates, the right moment when the shutter should be pressed. I struggle with the kind of timing that comes so easily to him."
May 13th, 2010
Thomas Hawk says:
"Andertho is one of my favorite pals on Flickr. He has a fantastic eye photographically speaking and he also ardently supports principles of free speech as a member of the Flickr community.
I've known Andertho for several years now and have had the good fortune of shooting with him in San Francisco.
Andertho speaks his opinions with conviction. He is not afraid to espouse politically or socially unpopular ideas. Where many online back down against large groups and the groupthink that sometimes accompany them, he stands up for the his ideas and thoughts with fervor. It is great having someone like him around the community who challenges thinking.
Get to know Andertho and his photography."
January 14th, 2010
"This man has a notion of color well beyond any photographer I've seen on flickr. Joint this with his strong attitude and you have the ingredient for drama and beauty in photography."
August 10th, 2008
"andertho is a terrific photographer who excels in capturing all aspects of life in and around the Washington D.C. area. With his eye for detail and camera at his side, andertho is always ready to take a great photo of whatever crosses his path during the day."
July 20th, 2008
"Andertho is equally at home showing you the dresses of the first ladies exhibit at the Smithsonian and taking photos while bullets whiz past his head. If you ever had to make it out of a hostile land without a passport or any money, you would be wise to have him along. He also makes a mean gimlet and looks swell in evening clothes."
April 20th, 2008
o! patric says:
"a double spacing madman. like pierre, andertho keeps proving me wrong in dmu political discussions and i'm getting sick of it!"
April 19th, 2008
Ice Nine says:
"To hello. I liek your photo. They are good and I liek them. Perhaps you need to be save and witness? www.objectivemini..."
December 31st, 2007
Sadie Shooter says:
"Andertho takes amazing photographs. He has a vision that is all his own and for the most part I really love living in his photostream. I enjoy getting lost in his many land and sky scapes.
He's a wonderful photographer."
July 21st, 2007
"Over the past (TIME PERIOD) I have come to regard (USERNAME) not so much as a friend, but more as someone I've never met. He/she* (Delete as applicable) is a true and trusted e-cquaintance."
July 21st, 2007
"He's got a real eye for nature.
July 17th, 2007
"Apart from being a witty person, andertho is also an excellent photographer. His pictures of DC make me want to travel to the US and (re)discover this city."
June 18th, 2007
Pig Sty Avenue says:
"Andertho's a great photographer and a real person in every sense."
May 22nd, 2007
"A monolithic photographer. His photography can best be described as monumental. His images are like statuesque constructs. Edifices unto themselves, Andertho is to the world of photography what Rodan is to the world of auto repair."
July 19th, 2006
"Talented doesn't even begin to desrcibe this photographer. He has an amazing ability to capture beauty."
July 13th, 2006
Serge Arsenie says:
"Tom is a very gifted individual. He has the ability to produce a beautiful photograph with only his wits and a piece of equipment. I enjoy his countless flow of astounding photographs. Take a good look through his photostream, you will not be disappointed!
P.S. -- I especially enjoyed your series from Italy, props to you."
March 5th, 2006
"Andertho and I have a shared history that, were I to relate them here, would overload the Flickr database. Suffice it to say that he is a real trooper. His stalwart attitude and happy-go-lucky stance on life have served him well against the slings and arrows that fortune has chosen to throw at him.
His contribution to the Photographic Tapestry of History of Luton is a testament to his inimitable skill in the photographic arts. I predict great thing from this talented young man."
September 15th, 2005
"William Blake once famously said "If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite". Sadly, Blake did not live long enough to see Andertho's fine Photoshop work"
September 15th, 2005
"Vicious intellect with the photographic talent to match.
You get a sense of deeply held values, strongly held views, an open mind, and a fine human being.
I'm honoured to have him on my list of contacts, but moreso, for being one of his contacts as well.
His photography and imagery speak of a natural eye for the visual."
September 15th, 2005
- July 2005
- Born in New Jersey
- Anytown, USA
- andertho [at] comcast.net