Buildings old and new, a wet road on a rainy night, and a decaying pile of scrap metal are just some of the things that inspire me to take photographs. Through the lens I have discovered the rich world of color, shape, patterns, and texture that surrounds me and have found beauty in both the ordinary and the extraordinary. I am primarily interested in subjects which were constructed by humans as well as the interplay between these artifacts and the natural environment. Photography is a meditative process for me whereby the images are revealed through mindful observation as opposed to being constructed or staged. Through my photographs I hope to inspire others to cultivate their own sense of mindful awareness and observe patterns and relationships present within their own environments.
My images are currently copyrighted, however, if you are interested in using an image please let me know as I will be happy to license images an individual basis under the Creative Commons license . Prints of images will be available to order online soon.
When I’m not behind the lens I can be found blogging on technology, creativity and just about everything else in between on my personal site www.amyallcock.com/blog or on Twitter.
- 卐 Sun Wheel - The Ancient Swastika 卍 1,704 photos, 191 members
- Norfolk County Ontario 75 photos, 17 members
- Brushes Gallery – iPhone/iPad Art 56,199 photos, 4,287 members
- Visual Poetry 312,265 photos, 11,325 members
- iPhone 4 Video 354 photos, 79 members
- Videos taken with an Apple iPhone 1,375 photos, 387 members
- Best VIDEOS on Flickr! 25,677 photos, 7,075 members
- Videos on Flickr 41,391 photos, 22,561 members
- transparent celluloid 1,925 photos, 107 members
- After Dark - Night Photography 851,410 photos, 47,665 members
- Artistic Photography 4,966,995 photos, 136,227 members
- Water, Water Everywhere 99,745 photos, 4,304 members
- iPhone Portraits 4,600 photos, 413 members
- iPhone Freaks 355,370 photos, 9,968 members
- I ♥ iPhone 419,798 photos, 11,375 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 714,411 photos, 26,252 members
- iPhone 236,199 photos, 6,403 members
- iPhoneography Magazine 10,438 photos, 211 members
- iPhoneography Architecture 503 photos, 87 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 809,813 photos, 33,635 members
- BRANCUSI Sculpture 380 photos, 77 members
- ++ At the CNAC Georges Pompidou (Beaubourg) ++ 1,516 photos, 194 members
- Musées Parisiens 11,832 photos, 812 members
- PARIS, JE T'AIME 179,912 photos, 6,795 members
- Centre Pompidou en photo 1,734 photos, 301 members
- Eiffel Tower 28,078 photos, 6,062 members
- (Tour) Eiffel 12,001 photos, 2,243 members
- Paris par arrondissements 11,054 photos, 778 members
- Paris 442,417 photos, 49,788 members
- Details de PARIS 52,991 photos, 2,120 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 522,746 photos, 11,006 members
- Niagara Falls Photography 18,719 photos, 3,043 members
- Architectural Interiors 84,229 photos, 5,074 members
- Apt613 12,354 photos, 381 members
- Google Buzz 6,421 photos, 173 members
- One Million Images for Lake Atitlán 1,994 photos, 410 members
- Kingstonist 3,323 photos, 175 members
- Flickr Galleries 2,573 photos, 991 members
- Capital Photo Club 799 photos, 25 members
- Twitter 1,442 photos, 1,686 members
- The Unofficial Noticings Group 1,399 photos, 132 members
- Android Community 21,718 photos, 1,135 members
- The Sorcerers Apprentice -- Animating the Inanimate 4,914 photos, 188 members
- I Love the Okanagan 11,996 photos, 508 members
- KelownaNow 3,882 photos, 138 members
- Kelowna, BC 4,050 photos, 150 members
- Kelowna 2,149 photos, 170 members
- Beautiful British Columbia 155,725 photos, 5,116 members
- bitches brew | NO PEOPLE!!! 420,208 photos, 4,305 members
- The Random Logo Project 619 photos, 297 members
"I adore the sensitivity that comes out of every single pictures taken by Amy. Inspirational."
November 6th, 2007
Old Stone Photography says:
"An inspiration to look at the world more closely, and to see beauty in the details."
December 6th, 2006
"i feel drawn into your pictures and your style and composition renders me speechless. you capture the situation, essence, and beauty of your subjects perfectly. amazing."
November 27th, 2006
"Amy's photographs are always a colorful and unique expression of the amazing world around her. Her macro images of urban decay are some of my favorites and I love the unusual and creative techniques she uses to capture the everyday, regardless of whether she's playing in Kingston or in Peru. I never know what to expect when I visit her stream, but it's always guaranteed that I'll be forced to stretch my imagination to keep up with her perspective and photography."
August 14th, 2006
deserted frogs says:
"I'm a big fan of Amy's photos - she has a fantastic eye for patterns and colours, consistently creating images of stunning clarity and simplicity, an incredibly difficult thing to do in itself. I hope it comes across as the compliment it's meant to be when I say Amy's photos are my visual palette cleanser and caffeine kick combined!"
May 25th, 2006
"Amy's got a great eye when it comes to presenting the everyday world as a fine art abstract."
May 8th, 2006
Dan Zen says:
"Classical compositions creatively cropped correlating contradictions colors columns crepuscular clouds clairvoyant crevices cumulating beauty"
January 31st, 2006
- Amy Allcock
- January 2005
- Ottawa, Canada
- I am:
- Amy Allcock