Buildings old and new, a wet road on a rainy night, and a decaying pile of scrap metal are just some of the things that inspire me to take photographs. Through the lens I have discovered the rich world of color, shape, patterns, and texture that surrounds me and have found beauty in both the ordinary and the extraordinary. I am primarily interested in subjects which were constructed by humans as well as the interplay between these artifacts and the natural environment. Photography is a meditative process for me whereby the images are revealed through mindful observation as opposed to being constructed or staged. Through my photographs I hope to inspire others to cultivate their own sense of mindful awareness and observe patterns and relationships present within their own environments.
My images are currently copyrighted, however, if you are interested in using an image please let me know as I will be happy to license images an individual basis under the Creative Commons license . Prints of images will be available to order online soon.
When I’m not behind the lens I can be found blogging on technology, creativity and just about everything else in between on my personal site www.amyallcock.com/blog or on Twitter.
- 卐 Sun Wheel - The Ancient Swastika 卍 1,702 photos, 187 members
- Norfolk County Ontario 62 photos, 12 members
- Brushes Gallery – iPhone/iPad Art 51,908 photos, 4,463 members
- Visual Poetry 221,400 photos, 9,630 members
- iPhone 4 Video 300 photos, 78 members
- Videos taken with an Apple iPhone 970 photos, 369 members
- Best VIDEOS on Flickr! 22,053 photos, 6,708 members
- Videos on Flickr 31,861 photos, 19,079 members
- transparent celluloid 1,753 photos, 101 members
- After Dark - Night Photography 669,765 photos, 39,770 members
- Artistic Photography 3,382,569 photos, 107,002 members
- Water, Water Everywhere 43,237 photos, 2,453 members
- iPhone Portraits 4,505 photos, 400 members
- iPhone Freaks 292,256 photos, 8,529 members
- I ♥ iPhone 390,767 photos, 11,312 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 584,368 photos, 21,663 members
- iPhone 208,275 photos, 6,117 members
- iPhoneography Magazine 9,565 photos, 196 members
- iPhoneography Architecture 504 photos, 81 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 771,984 photos, 33,297 members
- BRANCUSI Sculpture 382 photos, 77 members
- ++ At the CNAC Georges Pompidou (Beaubourg) ++ 1,466 photos, 195 members
- Musées Parisiens 9,744 photos, 760 members
- PARIS, JE T'AIME 141,598 photos, 6,058 members
- Centre Pompidou en photo 1,516 photos, 282 members
- Eiffel Tower 24,231 photos, 5,720 members
- (Tour) Eiffel 9,940 photos, 1,989 members
- Paris par arrondissements 8,821 photos, 764 members
- Paris 379,920 photos, 46,535 members
- Details de PARIS 41,799 photos, 2,085 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 377,500 photos, 9,684 members
- Niagara Falls Photography 15,936 photos, 2,844 members
- Architectural Interiors 70,659 photos, 4,728 members
- Apartment613 10,880 photos, 383 members
- Google Buzz 5,549 photos, 171 members
- One Million Images for Lake Atitlán 1,890 photos, 412 members
- Kingstonist 2,174 photos, 142 members
- Flickr Galleries 2,666 photos, 859 members
- Capital Photo Club 799 photos, 27 members
- Twitter 1,474 photos, 1,697 members
- The Unofficial Noticings Group 1,289 photos, 140 members
- Android Community 14,997 photos, 1,096 members
- The Sorcerers Apprentice -- Animating the Inanimate 4,652 photos, 179 members
- I Love the Okanagan 11,232 photos, 479 members
- KelownaNow 3,346 photos, 130 members
- Kelowna, BC 3,505 photos, 136 members
- Kelowna 1,846 photos, 151 members
- Beautiful British Columbia 129,984 photos, 4,757 members
- bitches brew | NO PEOPLE!!! 327,605 photos, 4,254 members
- The Random Logo Project 624 photos, 306 members
"I adore the sensitivity that comes out of every single pictures taken by Amy. Inspirational."
November 6th, 2007
Old Stone (Nancy) says:
"An inspiration to look at the world more closely, and to see beauty in the details."
December 6th, 2006
"i feel drawn into your pictures and your style and composition renders me speechless. you capture the situation, essence, and beauty of your subjects perfectly. amazing."
November 27th, 2006
"Amy's photographs are always a colorful and unique expression of the amazing world around her. Her macro images of urban decay are some of my favorites and I love the unusual and creative techniques she uses to capture the everyday, regardless of whether she's playing in Kingston or in Peru. I never know what to expect when I visit her stream, but it's always guaranteed that I'll be forced to stretch my imagination to keep up with her perspective and photography."
August 14th, 2006
"I'm a big fan of Amy's photos - she has a fantastic eye for patterns and colours, consistently creating images of stunning clarity and simplicity, an incredibly difficult thing to do in itself. I hope it comes across as the compliment it's meant to be when I say Amy's photos are my visual palette cleanser and caffeine kick combined!"
May 25th, 2006
"Amy's got a great eye when it comes to presenting the everyday world as a fine art abstract."
May 8th, 2006
Dan Zen says:
"Classical compositions creatively cropped correlating contradictions colors columns crepuscular clouds clairvoyant crevices cumulating beauty"
January 31st, 2006
- Amy Allcock
- January 2005
- Ottawa, Canada
- I am:
- Amy Allcock