Buildings old and new, a wet road on a rainy night, and a decaying pile of scrap metal are just some of the things that inspire me to take photographs. Through the lens I have discovered the rich world of color, shape, patterns, and texture that surrounds me and have found beauty in both the ordinary and the extraordinary. I am primarily interested in subjects which were constructed by humans as well as the interplay between these artifacts and the natural environment. Photography is a meditative process for me whereby the images are revealed through mindful observation as opposed to being constructed or staged. Through my photographs I hope to inspire others to cultivate their own sense of mindful awareness and observe patterns and relationships present within their own environments.
My images are currently copyrighted, however, if you are interested in using an image please let me know as I will be happy to license images an individual basis under the Creative Commons license . Prints of images will be available to order online soon.
When I’m not behind the lens I can be found blogging on technology, creativity and just about everything else in between on my personal site www.amyallcock.com/blog or on Twitter.
- 卐 Sun Wheel - The Ancient Swastika 卍 1,729 photos, 190 members
- Norfolk County Ontario 62 photos, 12 members
- Brushes Gallery – iPhone/iPad Art 53,487 photos, 4,459 members
- Visual Poetry 256,123 photos, 10,302 members
- iPhone 4 Video 313 photos, 77 members
- Videos taken with an Apple iPhone 1,067 photos, 384 members
- Best VIDEOS on Flickr! 22,919 photos, 6,858 members
- Videos on Flickr 34,450 photos, 20,293 members
- transparent celluloid 1,721 photos, 104 members
- After Dark - Night Photography 735,390 photos, 42,017 members
- Artistic Photography 3,979,380 photos, 119,120 members
- Water, Water Everywhere 59,669 photos, 3,091 members
- iPhone Portraits 4,407 photos, 411 members
- iPhone Freaks 310,406 photos, 9,120 members
- I ♥ iPhone 399,614 photos, 11,368 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 627,378 photos, 23,445 members
- iPhone 216,618 photos, 6,223 members
- iPhoneography Magazine 9,757 photos, 201 members
- iPhoneography Architecture 504 photos, 83 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 795,559 photos, 33,646 members
- BRANCUSI Sculpture 385 photos, 78 members
- ++ At the CNAC Georges Pompidou (Beaubourg) ++ 1,489 photos, 194 members
- Musées Parisiens 10,457 photos, 779 members
- PARIS, JE T'AIME 155,708 photos, 6,303 members
- Centre Pompidou en photo 1,590 photos, 291 members
- Eiffel Tower 25,492 photos, 5,861 members
- (Tour) Eiffel 10,903 photos, 2,118 members
- Paris par arrondissements 9,792 photos, 769 members
- Paris 406,602 photos, 48,429 members
- Details de PARIS 46,141 photos, 2,098 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 418,520 photos, 10,155 members
- Niagara Falls Photography 16,528 photos, 2,923 members
- Architectural Interiors 75,384 photos, 4,893 members
- Apt613 11,673 photos, 384 members
- Google Buzz 5,743 photos, 174 members
- One Million Images for Lake Atitlán 1,897 photos, 412 members
- Kingstonist 2,308 photos, 152 members
- Flickr Galleries 2,650 photos, 911 members
- Capital Photo Club 799 photos, 27 members
- Twitter 1,465 photos, 1,696 members
- The Unofficial Noticings Group 1,289 photos, 138 members
- Android Community 16,613 photos, 1,142 members
- The Sorcerers Apprentice -- Animating the Inanimate 4,770 photos, 184 members
- I Love the Okanagan 11,592 photos, 496 members
- KelownaNow 3,556 photos, 134 members
- Kelowna, BC 3,748 photos, 143 members
- Kelowna 1,929 photos, 158 members
- Beautiful British Columbia 139,480 photos, 4,940 members
- bitches brew | NO PEOPLE!!! 359,375 photos, 4,298 members
- The Random Logo Project 624 photos, 304 members
"I adore the sensitivity that comes out of every single pictures taken by Amy. Inspirational."
November 6th, 2007
Old Stone Photography says:
"An inspiration to look at the world more closely, and to see beauty in the details."
December 6th, 2006
"i feel drawn into your pictures and your style and composition renders me speechless. you capture the situation, essence, and beauty of your subjects perfectly. amazing."
November 27th, 2006
"Amy's photographs are always a colorful and unique expression of the amazing world around her. Her macro images of urban decay are some of my favorites and I love the unusual and creative techniques she uses to capture the everyday, regardless of whether she's playing in Kingston or in Peru. I never know what to expect when I visit her stream, but it's always guaranteed that I'll be forced to stretch my imagination to keep up with her perspective and photography."
August 14th, 2006
"I'm a big fan of Amy's photos - she has a fantastic eye for patterns and colours, consistently creating images of stunning clarity and simplicity, an incredibly difficult thing to do in itself. I hope it comes across as the compliment it's meant to be when I say Amy's photos are my visual palette cleanser and caffeine kick combined!"
May 25th, 2006
"Amy's got a great eye when it comes to presenting the everyday world as a fine art abstract."
May 8th, 2006
Dan Zen says:
"Classical compositions creatively cropped correlating contradictions colors columns crepuscular clouds clairvoyant crevices cumulating beauty"
January 31st, 2006
- Amy Allcock
- January 2005
- Ottawa, Canada
- I am:
- Amy Allcock