Buildings old and new, a wet road on a rainy night, and a decaying pile of scrap metal are just some of the things that inspire me to take photographs. Through the lens I have discovered the rich world of color, shape, patterns, and texture that surrounds me and have found beauty in both the ordinary and the extraordinary. I am primarily interested in subjects which were constructed by humans as well as the interplay between these artifacts and the natural environment. Photography is a meditative process for me whereby the images are revealed through mindful observation as opposed to being constructed or staged. Through my photographs I hope to inspire others to cultivate their own sense of mindful awareness and observe patterns and relationships present within their own environments.
My images are currently copyrighted, however, if you are interested in using an image please let me know as I will be happy to license images an individual basis under the Creative Commons license . Prints of images will be available to order online soon.
When I’m not behind the lens I can be found blogging on technology, creativity and just about everything else in between on my personal site www.amyallcock.com/blog or on Twitter.
- 卐 Sun Wheel - The Ancient Swastika 卍 1,736 photos, 191 members
- Norfolk County Ontario 64 photos, 13 members
- Brushes Gallery – iPhone/iPad Art 53,994 photos, 4,394 members
- Visual Poetry 270,145 photos, 10,570 members
- iPhone 4 Video 313 photos, 77 members
- Videos taken with an Apple iPhone 1,097 photos, 374 members
- Best VIDEOS on Flickr! 23,519 photos, 6,890 members
- Videos on Flickr 35,824 photos, 20,715 members
- transparent celluloid 1,761 photos, 103 members
- After Dark - Night Photography 760,734 photos, 42,906 members
- Artistic Photography 4,192,239 photos, 122,434 members
- Water, Water Everywhere 66,492 photos, 3,311 members
- iPhone Portraits 4,448 photos, 409 members
- iPhone Freaks 317,256 photos, 9,290 members
- I ♥ iPhone 402,946 photos, 11,390 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 643,811 photos, 24,045 members
- iPhone 219,895 photos, 6,243 members
- iPhoneography Magazine 9,882 photos, 203 members
- iPhoneography Architecture 504 photos, 84 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 803,897 photos, 33,725 members
- BRANCUSI Sculpture 385 photos, 78 members
- ++ At the CNAC Georges Pompidou (Beaubourg) ++ 1,493 photos, 193 members
- Musées Parisiens 10,601 photos, 785 members
- PARIS, JE T'AIME 160,366 photos, 6,419 members
- Centre Pompidou en photo 1,578 photos, 293 members
- Eiffel Tower 25,724 photos, 5,905 members
- (Tour) Eiffel 11,071 photos, 2,157 members
- Paris par arrondissements 10,052 photos, 779 members
- Paris 414,984 photos, 48,936 members
- Details de PARIS 47,307 photos, 2,108 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 437,247 photos, 10,360 members
- Niagara Falls Photography 16,874 photos, 2,961 members
- Architectural Interiors 77,544 photos, 4,942 members
- Apt613 11,866 photos, 382 members
- Google Buzz 5,813 photos, 173 members
- One Million Images for Lake Atitlán 1,903 photos, 412 members
- Kingstonist 2,505 photos, 157 members
- Flickr Galleries 2,647 photos, 927 members
- Capital Photo Club 799 photos, 27 members
- Twitter 1,461 photos, 1,699 members
- The Unofficial Noticings Group 1,424 photos, 136 members
- Android Community 17,244 photos, 1,126 members
- The Sorcerers Apprentice -- Animating the Inanimate 4,792 photos, 184 members
- I Love the Okanagan 11,700 photos, 499 members
- KelownaNow 3,637 photos, 135 members
- Kelowna, BC 3,844 photos, 143 members
- Kelowna 1,988 photos, 161 members
- Beautiful British Columbia 142,554 photos, 4,998 members
- bitches brew | NO PEOPLE!!! 371,133 photos, 4,325 members
- The Random Logo Project 624 photos, 304 members
"I adore the sensitivity that comes out of every single pictures taken by Amy. Inspirational."
November 6th, 2007
Old Stone Photography says:
"An inspiration to look at the world more closely, and to see beauty in the details."
December 6th, 2006
"i feel drawn into your pictures and your style and composition renders me speechless. you capture the situation, essence, and beauty of your subjects perfectly. amazing."
November 27th, 2006
"Amy's photographs are always a colorful and unique expression of the amazing world around her. Her macro images of urban decay are some of my favorites and I love the unusual and creative techniques she uses to capture the everyday, regardless of whether she's playing in Kingston or in Peru. I never know what to expect when I visit her stream, but it's always guaranteed that I'll be forced to stretch my imagination to keep up with her perspective and photography."
August 14th, 2006
"I'm a big fan of Amy's photos - she has a fantastic eye for patterns and colours, consistently creating images of stunning clarity and simplicity, an incredibly difficult thing to do in itself. I hope it comes across as the compliment it's meant to be when I say Amy's photos are my visual palette cleanser and caffeine kick combined!"
May 25th, 2006
"Amy's got a great eye when it comes to presenting the everyday world as a fine art abstract."
May 8th, 2006
Dan Zen says:
"Classical compositions creatively cropped correlating contradictions colors columns crepuscular clouds clairvoyant crevices cumulating beauty"
January 31st, 2006
- Amy Allcock
- January 2005
- Ottawa, Canada
- I am:
- Amy Allcock