Buildings old and new, a wet road on a rainy night, and a decaying pile of scrap metal are just some of the things that inspire me to take photographs. Through the lens I have discovered the rich world of color, shape, patterns, and texture that surrounds me and have found beauty in both the ordinary and the extraordinary. I am primarily interested in subjects which were constructed by humans as well as the interplay between these artifacts and the natural environment. Photography is a meditative process for me whereby the images are revealed through mindful observation as opposed to being constructed or staged. Through my photographs I hope to inspire others to cultivate their own sense of mindful awareness and observe patterns and relationships present within their own environments.
My images are currently copyrighted, however, if you are interested in using an image please let me know as I will be happy to license images an individual basis under the Creative Commons license . Prints of images will be available to order online soon.
When I’m not behind the lens I can be found blogging on technology, creativity and just about everything else in between on my personal site www.amyallcock.com/blog or on Twitter.
- 卐 Sun Wheel - The Ancient Swastika 卍 1,725 photos, 181 members
- Norfolk County Ontario 62 photos, 12 members
- Brushes Gallery – iPhone/iPad Art 51,425 photos, 4,454 members
- Visual Poetry 209,787 photos, 9,334 members
- iPhone 4 Video 292 photos, 74 members
- Videos taken with an Apple iPhone 921 photos, 359 members
- Best VIDEOS on Flickr! 21,826 photos, 6,644 members
- Videos on Flickr 31,575 photos, 18,569 members
- transparent celluloid 1,735 photos, 101 members
- After Dark - Night Photography 642,464 photos, 38,715 members
- Artistic Photography 3,170,991 photos, 101,438 members
- Water, Water Everywhere 38,232 photos, 2,233 members
- iPhone Portraits 4,390 photos, 393 members
- iPhone Freaks 284,933 photos, 8,285 members
- I ♥ iPhone 386,680 photos, 11,282 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 568,940 photos, 21,042 members
- iPhone 204,641 photos, 6,068 members
- iPhoneography Magazine 9,479 photos, 195 members
- iPhoneography Architecture 504 photos, 80 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 763,723 photos, 33,172 members
- BRANCUSI Sculpture 382 photos, 77 members
- ++ At the CNAC Georges Pompidou (Beaubourg) ++ 1,425 photos, 195 members
- Musées Parisiens 9,467 photos, 753 members
- PARIS, JE T'AIME 135,917 photos, 5,894 members
- Centre Pompidou en photo 1,416 photos, 278 members
- Eiffel Tower 23,525 photos, 5,639 members
- (Tour) Eiffel 9,503 photos, 1,918 members
- Paris par arrondissements 7,979 photos, 714 members
- Paris 369,309 photos, 45,481 members
- Details de PARIS 40,307 photos, 2,056 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 357,797 photos, 9,488 members
- Niagara Falls Photography 15,712 photos, 2,795 members
- Architectural Interiors 68,694 photos, 4,664 members
- Apartment613 10,626 photos, 378 members
- Google Buzz 5,538 photos, 168 members
- One Million Images for Lake Atitlán 1,880 photos, 413 members
- Kingstonist 2,038 photos, 139 members
- Flickr Galleries 2,672 photos, 855 members
- Capital Photo Club 799 photos, 27 members
- Twitter 1,497 photos, 1,691 members
- The Unofficial Noticings Group 1,289 photos, 141 members
- Android Community 14,621 photos, 1,085 members
- The Sorcerers Apprentice -- Animating the Inanimate 4,608 photos, 178 members
- I Love the Okanagan 11,214 photos, 475 members
- KelownaNow 3,287 photos, 128 members
- Kelowna, BC 3,425 photos, 128 members
- Kelowna 1,809 photos, 145 members
- Beautiful British Columbia 126,019 photos, 4,677 members
- bitches brew | NO PEOPLE!!! 315,742 photos, 4,236 members
- The Random Logo Project 625 photos, 305 members
"I adore the sensitivity that comes out of every single pictures taken by Amy. Inspirational."
November 6th, 2007
Old Stone (Nancy) says:
"An inspiration to look at the world more closely, and to see beauty in the details."
December 6th, 2006
"i feel drawn into your pictures and your style and composition renders me speechless. you capture the situation, essence, and beauty of your subjects perfectly. amazing."
November 27th, 2006
"Amy's photographs are always a colorful and unique expression of the amazing world around her. Her macro images of urban decay are some of my favorites and I love the unusual and creative techniques she uses to capture the everyday, regardless of whether she's playing in Kingston or in Peru. I never know what to expect when I visit her stream, but it's always guaranteed that I'll be forced to stretch my imagination to keep up with her perspective and photography."
August 14th, 2006
"I'm a big fan of Amy's photos - she has a fantastic eye for patterns and colours, consistently creating images of stunning clarity and simplicity, an incredibly difficult thing to do in itself. I hope it comes across as the compliment it's meant to be when I say Amy's photos are my visual palette cleanser and caffeine kick combined!"
May 25th, 2006
"Amy's got a great eye when it comes to presenting the everyday world as a fine art abstract."
May 8th, 2006
Dan Zen says:
"Classical compositions creatively cropped correlating contradictions colors columns crepuscular clouds clairvoyant crevices cumulating beauty"
January 31st, 2006
- Amy Allcock
- January 2005
- Ottawa, Canada
- I am:
- Amy Allcock