My icon comes from this photo:
Here are the previous photos I used for icons :
Bonjour et bienvenue sur ma galerie Flickr ! Ici vous trouverez un grand nombre d'images que j'ai mis en ligne au fur et à mesure que j'ai progressé dans mon aventure photographique.
Bien qu'ayant toujours adoré regarder et prendre des photos, ce n'est qu'avec l'arrivée du numérique que je m'y suis mise sérieusement (et avidement ;-). Aujourd'hui la photographie est au cœur de ma vie. Beaucoup de couples m'ont fait confiance pour documenter leur mariage et j'en suis très heureuse.
Mon compte Flickr est stagnant depuis quelques années, je suis plus active sur mon site pro Callibella ou sur la page Facebook de Callibella :)
Hello and welcome to my Flickr. I have made a home for my images on this site and enjoy the community feeling around here. Feel free to look around and comment if you have something to say !
March 2006: After 2 years with my point and shoot Nikon Coolpix 3MP, I finally got the camera of my dreams, a digital SLR. More precisely, I am the happy owner of a Canon EOS 20D (edit October 2008: bought a 2nd 20D -- used but in perfect condition), and 4 lenses :
- Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM : might not give the best definition at 100% as I've read in some critics, but the freedom it gives is fantastic. It an instant, it goes from wide angle to reasonable zoom. Very useful. I have a polarizing filter to go with it.
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 : I use it more and more, especially for indoor photography where the light is limited. It is cheap for a lens and with its wide aperture, you quickly get a background blur. It is also very small, and therefore makes your camera light and unobtrusive. Update: sold, no more 50mm for me !
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM macro: I use it a lot less since I have the 70-200 but still a great lens for details and bugs.
- Canon EF 70-200 IS USM F/2.8L: do I need to say anything about it ? It's big, heavy and white, but it takes great pics with gorgeous bokeh. (bought July 2007)
- 2x extender (as good as never use it, but if I ever start taking bird pics I'll be happy I have it) (bought July 2007)
- Canon EF 35mm F/1.4L : Falling in love with it more and more. Obviously great for low light conditions, but it also gives beautiful bokeh when stopped down to 2.0 or more. Getting used to the focal length. Just one problem: odd reflections appear because of the UV filter so I have to remove it at times. (bought May 2009)
- Canon 430 something : .. a flash. Works just fine, too bad Canon didn't include the little white reflecting card with it. (bought March 2006)
Ibroke the bank [all the money coming from my photo business after taxes got invested into new gear] in January 2010 and got 4 new items:
- Canon EOS 5D mkII
- Canon EOS 7D (has the 35mm 1.4 on most of the time)
- Canon EF 24mm 1.4L II (fantastic, sits very nicely on the 5D)
- Canon EF 85mm 1.8 (I don't use it much actually)
And I have a tripod (present from my mom ;).
Please don't be offended if you added me as a contact and I don't add you back. I like keeping my contact list to people with whom I regularly interact. So after a little while, if we keep in touch, I'll certainly add you back too :)
I've created / co-created groups on flickr, mostly just for the fun of it, and you're welcome to visit / join / post :-)
When I first started using flickr actively (and not only to store photos for my blog), I thought each photo had to be displayed in a specific group. I was surprised to find out that there wasn't any group for pine cones. So I created one. Not the most active group on flickr, I have to say :D
Then, I discovered that photos where the subject had ran out of the frame were hilarious, and created this group (you should have a look, it's really funny)
I'd love to know how to cook. Therefore, I thought it'd be nice to have a place to collect recipes, with photos illustrating them. With Naaee's support, I created Mosaic Cooking:
Then, Helen and I realised we had an addiction for Orange-and-Green shots, and she created the Orange and Green Challenge:
The world in a glass : co-created with VROG in Bristol, for photos of the world seen through a glass
Me being ... me !
Although now I have access to an infinite number of sets, I still like to have some photos of my profile page, so here you go :D
You can see my most interesting pictures here or here :D
I am a bokeh and color addict, follow the links to see the corresponding photos ;)
I also love orange and green in a single photo.
My most viewed photos :
You can also visit my blog, which is in French, with all the photos on a beautiful black background ;)
If you want to contact me but are not a flickr member, you can send me an email to amuniversyahoo.fr
Photos of AmUnivers (2)
- Abstract Faces 5,168 photos, 760 members
- Faces in Places 27,325 photos, 7,226 members
- Aviron 244 photos, 36 members
- Wedding Albums and Layouts 16,174 photos, 3,115 members
- Lyon ~ expo 2009 22 photos, 22 members
- Biennale de la Danse Lyon 2008 246 photos, 20 members
- Strobist.com 606,318 photos, 123,729 members
- SWPB - Succeeding as a Wedding Photography Business 75,113 photos, 6,423 members
- Professional Photographers - Europe 1,632 photos, 189 members
- Textures for Layers 14,929 photos, 16,309 members
- Lyon 75,767 photos, 3,633 members
- Passionately Pink for the Cure 65,316 photos, 12,851 members
- Blurb Books Community 2,415 photos, 6,479 members
- Bokeh Abstracts 19,276 photos, 1,716 members
- The world in a glass 406 photos, 758 members
- Orange and Green Challenge (no flowers please) 1,041 photos, 243 members
- GIMP users 180,364 photos, 10,474 members
- Mosaic Cooking 129 photos, 73 members
- The subject ran out of the frame !!!!! 141 photos, 67 members
- Pine cones dedication 1,153 photos, 503 members
"Amelie is cute and fun, takes really great photos and doesn't mind me messing with her icon now and again, she is a really nice person and a cool contact, now take a look at her photos people :)"
November 3rd, 2008
chilli monster says:
"kind, fun, creative, inspirational, original -- that's Amelie.
She is one of the first people I met on Flickr, and I have been following her photostream religiously. Her talent will take your breath away, and her kindness will definitely bring warmth to your heart.
Cheers, my friend ! ; )"
December 19th, 2006
"Amelie loves to take photos, especially taking neverending series of water-polo-photos.
But not only that, she also loves bokeh, take a look at all her lovely pictures of flowers with nice bokeh!
Another great point to mention: Her great cooking & bakery-pictures include wonderful recipes.
And of course: Green & Orange are great colours she likes to take pictures of.
And now go and enjoy her great pictures"
October 4th, 2006
regular trip says:
"Amelie's such a great photographer and a great flickr friend as well! I had the fortune of discovering her photos after she had left some comments on a few of my shots and she quickly became one of my favorite photogs on here. Check out Amelie's photos and you'll see why. She's got an endless amount of enthusiasm and it shows. Okay, you're still here - why? GO and check out the photos!"
September 13th, 2006
Martha Catherine Ivey says:
"An eye for detail---that's Amelie! Smart, funny, charming personality. I predict she's going places! I'm just not sure where yet! Click ...and enjoy her wonderful photographs!"
June 27th, 2006
"hmmm mmmh what can I say about AmUnivers? ;) She is great as in personality (which you can see she does not give bad comments or negative comments whatsoever, at least as far as I can see :P) as well a great photographer. I love her shots on her Flickr and I love her comments most towards my pictures ;)
Take care and greetings from Canada :)"
June 11th, 2006
- December 2004
- Lyon, France
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- amunivers [at] yahoo.fr