The American Museum of Natural History is one of the world’s preeminent scientific, educational, and cultural institutions, housing a collection of more than 30 million specimens and cultural artifacts in addition to 46 permanent exhibition halls, including the world-renowned Koch Dinosaur Wing, boasting the world’s largest dinosaur fossil collection, the Milstein Hall of Ocean Life, and the Akeley Hall of African Mammals. The Museum offers a broad array of activities for adults, children, families, students, educators, and scientists, from fascinating special exhibitions, IMAX films, and Space Shows to symposia, lectures, workshops, and field trips.
Stay updated on what's happening at AMNH. Join us on:
Sign up for eNotes
American Museum of Natural History
Central Park West at 79th Street, New York City
Photos of American Museum of Natural History (5)
- Manhattanhenge 2015 303 photos, 78 members
- AMNH ID Day 19 photos, 14 members
- #MuseumPics 16,323 photos, 664 members
- Brooklyn Museum 4,947 photos, 1,339 members
- Museum 185,176 photos, 6,716 members
- Events at AMNH 35 photos, 8 members
- American Museum of Natural History 4,757 photos, 499 members
American Museum of Natural History doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- American Museum of Natural History
- September 2007