I joined Flickr in 2006, during my transition into motherhood, as a way to share snapshots with friends and family. A couple of months after joining, I got involved in the 365 Days project, back when it was just about 100 people posting on a daily basis. Throughout the duration of the project, I developed some strong bonds with folks throughout the community, learned a bit about photography, and publicly shared a lot about myself.
Over the past seven years, I've posted sporadically to my stream, with a couple attempts at doing another 365 Days that never lasted more than a few weeks.
Now, as I transition into a new phase of my life, my soul has been reignited and I've picked up the camera again. I'm focused mostly on expression through self-portraiture, documenting the meals I serve my family, and the homestead we're building.
- Dream a Little Dream 84,091 photos, 3,033 members
- Flickr CPR 11,696 photos, 572 members
- Old School Photo Challenge 03 March 2012 128 photos, 16 members
- Food Captures 79,065 photos, 9,130 members
- Food & Art 37,257 photos, 4,080 members
- One Hundred Ideas 0 photos, 2 members
- Vertoramas 14,796 photos, 1,883 members
- Android Photographer 88,195 photos, 4,749 members
- Cans Across America 2,258 photos, 504 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,205 members
- Simple Kids 792 photos, 56 members
- The Alphabet Challenge 283 photos, 88 members
- CHARITY PRINT AUCTIONS - PHILIPPINES 0 photos, 1,308 members
- 365 Days 2010 (closed and still no space odyssey) 12,105 photos, 158 members
- Take a class with Dave & Dave 8,902 photos, 694 members
- 365 Days Weekly Photo Contest 376 photos, 109 members
- 365 Days 954,616 photos, 21,370 members
- MINIMAL black&white 89,025 photos, 11,180 members
- NC State Fair 1,020 photos, 113 members
- LMAB -- Biennale Mondiale de l'Aérostation / Mondial Air Ballo 2,115 photos, 179 members
- First Person America: In These Hard Times 93 photos, 16 members
- Natural Beauty Workshop 2,060 photos, 346 members
- FollowFriday on Flickr 2,707 photos, 417 members
- Earth Mosaic 2009 9,776 photos, 2,528 members
- Stuff On Stems 22,963 photos, 928 members
- gossamer glimpse 2,017 photos, 490 members
- By Accident 3,035 photos, 1,483 members
- The Belly Button Collection 147 photos, 140 members
- i am beside myself. 392 photos, 86 members
- Facial Impressions 5,936 photos, 987 members
- be Poladroid ! 78,397 photos, 20,714 members
- LOVE project 400 photos, 1,101 members
- Less Is More... 63,141 photos, 61,009 members
- Crocker's Mark Virtual Gallery 27 photos, 39 members
- North Carolina Museum of Life and Science 307 photos, 70 members
- fake ttv 6,291 photos, 866 members
- Create Your Own Planets 22,915 photos, 5,689 members
- Flickr Hacks 422 photos, 22,013 members
- Gnarly Trees 17,208 photos, 3,237 members
- TriangleMommies 327 photos, 36 members
- Geocaching 21,094 photos, 2,105 members
- :: 10 € :: 92 photos, 174 members
- Jenn's Actions & Photoshop Tools 191 photos, 390 members
- Selfie Squared 22,465 photos, 2,725 members
- Urban Acid! (Comment One/Post) 3,710 photos, 788 members
- Raleigh 21,143 photos, 1,359 members
- Triangle Area Group 11,619 photos, 455 members
- Raleigh Social Group 36,842 photos, 1,310 members
- Couples 33,012 photos, 8,576 members
- REVOLUTION OF REAL WOMEN.com™ 48,243 photos, 4,246 members
"I have watched Amber grow from a curious beginner with an advanced point and shoot into an amazing photographer. I have loved every minute of it. She is the one photographer that I miss being able to see daily and I anticipate when I can again interact with her and her art every day."
July 18th, 2007
classy moon says:
"Amber's work embodies the full spectrum of human emotions and experiences. Inner peace and inner conflict. Innocence and sexiness. Joy and sadness. The simplicity of youth and the struggles of adulthood and parenthood. All of it is beautiful. Her photostream is a must-see everyday."
June 10th, 2007
"Amber has become quite the Flickr celebrity. Her honest and thought provoking pictures as well as her wonderful self-portraits have quickly made her one of my favorite photographers here in Flickrland. I always look forward to seeing what new angle or idea she will expand upon next.
Plus, she's so damn cool and pretty!"
May 16th, 2007
"Amber is one of the best co-admins for a flickr group that anyone could ever ask for. She's been a tremendous help and I can't imagine running the group without her. On top of that, she's got a great natural eye for photography to boot. She keeps telling me that she didn't know anything about photography at all before a couple months ago, but I certainly can't tell. She's got a great sense of composition, form and color and I look forward to every shot. Oh yeah, also she's a super hot redhead and what could be better than that?"
February 8th, 2007
Fractal 00 says:
"Amby amby amby ... i have been meaning to write this for a while now, i just never knew what i should write :) ...An interesting person, with an interesting perspective on life. One day in the future your gonna have pictures of your son day by day and you will be able to sit down and watch how you and him progressed together throughtout the years. Your an interesting photographer and i love it that i am watching you getting better and better everysingle day"
November 23rd, 2006
- April 2006
- I am: