I joined Flickr in 2006, during my transition into motherhood, as a way to share snapshots with friends and family. A couple of months after joining, I got involved in the 365 Days project, back when it was just about 100 people posting on a daily basis. Throughout the duration of the project, I developed some strong bonds with folks throughout the community, learned a bit about photography, and publicly shared a lot about myself.
Over the past seven years, I've posted sporadically to my stream, with a couple attempts at doing another 365 Days that never lasted more than a few weeks.
Now, as I transition into a new phase of my life, my soul has been reignited and I've picked up the camera again. I'm focused mostly on expression through self-portraiture, documenting the meals I serve my family, and the homestead we're building.
- Dream a Little Dream 73,772 photos, 2,936 members
- Flickr CPR 10,215 photos, 582 members
- Old School Photo Challenge 03 March 2012 118 photos, 13 members
- Food Styling 76,833 photos, 8,524 members
- Food & Art 31,696 photos, 3,548 members
- One Hundred Ideas 0 photos, 3 members
- Vertoramas 14,390 photos, 1,888 members
- Android Photographer 72,018 photos, 4,555 members
- Cans Across America 2,233 photos, 511 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,311 members
- Simple Kids 804 photos, 55 members
- The Alphabet Challenge 291 photos, 92 members
- CHARITY PRINT AUCTIONS - PHILIPPINES 0 photos, 1,342 members
- 365 Days 2010 (closed and still no space odyssey) 12,590 photos, 161 members
- Take a class with Dave & Dave 9,127 photos, 700 members
- 365 Days Weekly Photo Contest 352 photos, 103 members
- 365 Days 979,266 photos, 21,690 members
- MINIMAL black&white 61,873 photos, 9,758 members
- NC State Fair 1,095 photos, 107 members
- LMAB -- Biennale Mondiale de l'Aérostation / Mondial Air Ballo 2,084 photos, 172 members
- First Person America: In These Hard Times 93 photos, 15 members
- Natural Beauty Workshop 2,061 photos, 346 members
- FollowFriday on Flickr 2,630 photos, 426 members
- Earth Mosaic 2009 9,674 photos, 2,576 members
- Stuff On Stems 22,060 photos, 943 members
- gossamer glimpse 2,037 photos, 503 members
- By Accident 3,128 photos, 1,511 members
- The Belly Button Collection 141 photos, 118 members
- i am beside myself. 393 photos, 83 members
- Facial Impressions 5,748 photos, 986 members
- be Poladroid ! 80,816 photos, 21,090 members
- LOVE project 409 photos, 1,109 members
- Less Is More... 49,697 photos, 55,825 members
- Crocker's Mark Virtual Gallery 27 photos, 40 members
- North Carolina Museum of Life and Science 307 photos, 70 members
- fake ttv 6,521 photos, 893 members
- Create Your Own Planets 22,075 photos, 5,746 members
- Flickr Hacks 424 photos, 21,864 members
- Gnarly Trees 16,232 photos, 3,223 members
- TriangleMommies 329 photos, 37 members
- Geocaching 20,168 photos, 2,131 members
- :: 10 € :: 92 photos, 175 members
- Jenn's Actions & Photoshop Tools 195 photos, 396 members
- Selfie Squared 22,465 photos, 2,727 members
- Urban Acid! (Comment One/Post) 3,727 photos, 796 members
- Raleigh 20,041 photos, 1,351 members
- Triangle Area Group 10,816 photos, 448 members
- Raleigh Social Group 36,348 photos, 1,292 members
- Couples 29,371 photos, 7,689 members
- REVOLUTION OF REAL WOMEN.com™ 40,818 photos, 4,085 members
"I have watched Amber grow from a curious beginner with an advanced point and shoot into an amazing photographer. I have loved every minute of it. She is the one photographer that I miss being able to see daily and I anticipate when I can again interact with her and her art every day."
July 18th, 2007
Lucky in Love says:
"Amber's work embodies the full spectrum of human emotions and experiences. Inner peace and inner conflict. Innocence and sexiness. Joy and sadness. The simplicity of youth and the struggles of adulthood and parenthood. All of it is beautiful. Her photostream is a must-see everyday."
June 10th, 2007
"Amber has become quite the Flickr celebrity. Her honest and thought provoking pictures as well as her wonderful self-portraits have quickly made her one of my favorite photographers here in Flickrland. I always look forward to seeing what new angle or idea she will expand upon next.
Plus, she's so damn cool and pretty!"
May 16th, 2007
"Amber is one of the best co-admins for a flickr group that anyone could ever ask for. She's been a tremendous help and I can't imagine running the group without her. On top of that, she's got a great natural eye for photography to boot. She keeps telling me that she didn't know anything about photography at all before a couple months ago, but I certainly can't tell. She's got a great sense of composition, form and color and I look forward to every shot. Oh yeah, also she's a super hot redhead and what could be better than that?"
February 8th, 2007
Fractal 00 says:
"Amby amby amby ... i have been meaning to write this for a while now, i just never knew what i should write :) ...An interesting person, with an interesting perspective on life. One day in the future your gonna have pictures of your son day by day and you will be able to sit down and watch how you and him progressed together throughtout the years. Your an interesting photographer and i love it that i am watching you getting better and better everysingle day"
November 23rd, 2006
- April 2006
- I am: