I joined Flickr in 2006, during my transition into motherhood, as a way to share snapshots with friends and family. A couple of months after joining, I got involved in the 365 Days project, back when it was just about 100 people posting on a daily basis. Throughout the duration of the project, I developed some strong bonds with folks throughout the community, learned a bit about photography, and publicly shared a lot about myself.
Over the past seven years, I've posted sporadically to my stream, with a couple attempts at doing another 365 Days that never lasted more than a few weeks.
Now, as I transition into a new phase of my life, my soul has been reignited and I've picked up the camera again. I'm focused mostly on expression through self-portraiture, documenting the meals I serve my family, and the homestead we're building.
- Dream a Little Dream 49,743 photos, 2,503 members
- Flickr CPR 8,551 photos, 571 members
- Old School Photo Challenge 03 March 2012 120 photos, 14 members
- Food Styling 77,814 photos, 7,180 members
- Food & Art 23,836 photos, 2,691 members
- One Hundred Ideas 0 photos, 2 members
- Vertoramas 14,003 photos, 1,888 members
- Android Photographer 55,213 photos, 4,119 members
- Cans Across America 2,229 photos, 511 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,375 members
- Simple Kids 804 photos, 55 members
- The Alphabet Challenge 304 photos, 92 members
- CHARITY PRINT AUCTIONS - PHILIPPINES 0 photos, 1,366 members
- 365 Days 2010 (closed and still no space odyssey) 13,017 photos, 161 members
- Take a class with Dave & Dave 9,359 photos, 705 members
- 365 Days Weekly Photo Contest 277 photos, 93 members
- 365 Days 993,443 photos, 21,573 members
- MINIMAL black&white 40,760 photos, 7,857 members
- NC State Fair 947 photos, 101 members
- LMAB -- Biennale Mondiale de l'Aérostation / Mondial Air Ballo 1,910 photos, 158 members
- First Person America: In These Hard Times 93 photos, 15 members
- Natural Beauty Workshop 2,147 photos, 336 members
- FollowFriday on Flickr 2,511 photos, 427 members
- Earth Mosaic 2009 9,096 photos, 2,604 members
- Stuff On Stems 20,876 photos, 924 members
- gossamer glimpse 2,057 photos, 508 members
- By Accident 3,274 photos, 1,522 members
- The Belly Button Collection 145 photos, 105 members
- i am beside myself. 336 photos, 80 members
- Facial Impressions 5,498 photos, 963 members
- be Poladroid ! 82,149 photos, 21,285 members
- LOVE project 411 photos, 1,113 members
- Less Is More... 44,816 photos, 42,161 members
- Crocker's Mark Virtual Gallery 29 photos, 42 members
- North Carolina Museum of Life and Science 309 photos, 68 members
- fake ttv 6,572 photos, 904 members
- Create Your Own Planets 19,814 photos, 5,627 members
- Flickr Hacks 437 photos, 19,172 members
- Gnarly Trees 15,208 photos, 3,212 members
- TriangleMommies 327 photos, 37 members
- Geocaching 19,891 photos, 2,083 members
- :: 10 € :: 97 photos, 177 members
- Jenn's Actions & Photoshop Tools 196 photos, 401 members
- Selfie Squared 23,102 photos, 2,481 members
- Urban Acid! (Comment One/Post) 3,682 photos, 797 members
- Raleigh 19,323 photos, 1,329 members
- Triangle Area Group 10,038 photos, 436 members
- Raleigh Social Group 35,674 photos, 1,271 members
- Couples 25,806 photos, 6,659 members
- REVOLUTION OF REAL WOMEN.com™ 36,617 photos, 3,826 members
"I have watched Amber grow from a curious beginner with an advanced point and shoot into an amazing photographer. I have loved every minute of it. She is the one photographer that I miss being able to see daily and I anticipate when I can again interact with her and her art every day."
July 18th, 2007
Lucky in Love says:
"Amber's work embodies the full spectrum of human emotions and experiences. Inner peace and inner conflict. Innocence and sexiness. Joy and sadness. The simplicity of youth and the struggles of adulthood and parenthood. All of it is beautiful. Her photostream is a must-see everyday."
June 10th, 2007
"Amber has become quite the Flickr celebrity. Her honest and thought provoking pictures as well as her wonderful self-portraits have quickly made her one of my favorite photographers here in Flickrland. I always look forward to seeing what new angle or idea she will expand upon next.
Plus, she's so damn cool and pretty!"
May 16th, 2007
"Amber is one of the best co-admins for a flickr group that anyone could ever ask for. She's been a tremendous help and I can't imagine running the group without her. On top of that, she's got a great natural eye for photography to boot. She keeps telling me that she didn't know anything about photography at all before a couple months ago, but I certainly can't tell. She's got a great sense of composition, form and color and I look forward to every shot. Oh yeah, also she's a super hot redhead and what could be better than that?"
February 8th, 2007
Fractal 00 says:
"Amby amby amby ... i have been meaning to write this for a while now, i just never knew what i should write :) ...An interesting person, with an interesting perspective on life. One day in the future your gonna have pictures of your son day by day and you will be able to sit down and watch how you and him progressed together throughtout the years. Your an interesting photographer and i love it that i am watching you getting better and better everysingle day"
November 23rd, 2006
- April 2006
- I am: