I'm Autistic with CP and Rett Syndrome. I make the most of what I have to enjoy life, and this stream is all about that and how I do exactly that! Below are lists of my interests. Stimming is self stimulation of the senses. I have severe sensory impairments. A good educational website with a good description of what stimming is is here. autism.about.com/od/autismterms/f/stimming.htm
normal people do it to, tapping pens on desks, twiddling money in their hands. It's all a sensory stimulant
My interests are
powerchairs and wheelchairs (i am a total nerd on these!), assistive technology, stock market, neurological diseases and disabilities, autism, sensory integration disorder, medical, photography, genetics, videography, disabilities, spirituality (specifically focusing on objects inhabited by spirits), ventilators, Electrocardiography, Echocardiography, X-Rays, And other medical tests.
I have many special things that comfort me. Some even are inhabited by spirits like my wheelchair harness Mel1. Look around my photos to discover these special objects that I love. You might call me mental but I even talk to them.
My autism makes me very sensitive to the way things smell, taste, feel, look, and sound. I use flickr as a UNCENSORED journal of my life (and hobby photography)
TRIGGER WARNING: Some of my photos are triggering since this is UNCENSORED, so they are tagged 'TW.' You can view the full range of 'TW' images HERE in order to see if something might be a problem for you.
If there are two different tags the latter is for very intense images or ones I feel require adult maturity.
I read, appreciate, and police all comments and notes I get. Please respect that Flickr is a documentation of my life to be shared with the world. Inappropriate comments will be deleted.
Enjoy my photos, comment, and I will do the same in return! I love getting comments and mail
Looking for my Pro Photography stream? click ----> THERE!
This photostream is not to be used to treat any physical or developmental condition. Reproduction of some actions in this photostream may be unsafe and is not recommended. If you have sensory issues seek help from a professional occupational therapist. I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL!
Photos of Alin S Living with Autism (1)
Alin S Living with Autism's favorite photos from other Flickr members (4)
- Feature your photo on www.caption.me (comedy competition) 2,064 photos, 558 members
- NIKON D7000 CLUB 672,734 photos, 27,225 members
- fully-clothed people in bathtubs 644 photos, 559 members
- AFM: How NOT to get Deleted! The Rules Group 0 photos, 19,537 members
- Kinetic Photography 2,472 photos, 928 members
- Camera Toss 7,800 photos, 17,243 members
- Positivity, honesty & happiness in chronic illness & disability 1,739 photos, 266 members
- !Rock That Disability! 11,942 photos, 1,624 members
- Get Connected: Disabled to Disabled 757 photos, 45 members
- Photographing Children with Special Needs 1,247 photos, 211 members
- Kids with CP 610 photos, 113 members
"AWESOME person ! I have been blessed to know him!"
May 2nd, 2009
- February 2006
- I am:
- Alins Website