Turning Your Precious Moments Into Timeless Treasures...
You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have really lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love. ~ Henry Drummond
Photography has always been my love and passion. I treat each photography assignment with the same ardor that you would accord to your esteemed event, because it is something that is important to you.
Natural talent, intelligence, a wonderful education – none of these guarantees success. Something else is needed: The sensitivity to understand what other people want and the willingness to give it to them. ~ John Luther
In the same way, when shooting, I believe that it is important to be sensitive to the client’s needs and special requirements, and be able to cater to specially-tailored photography assignments.
To me, preparation is very important. Being well prepared always yields better results. I will usually recce the location of the shoot earlier to determine the best lighting, setting, and angles, to ensure the best composition, as well as mood and feel, for my clients. On the day of the shoot, it is important to arrive early, and to always be prepared for the unexpected.
A picture is worth ten thousand words. ~ Ancient Chinese Proverb
I believe it is important that the photographs tell the story of the event. My style is journalistic with an artistic bent. I like to capture people, events, settings, in a realistic way, and yet with creativity, because I believe that is what distinguishes a good photograph from a great photograph.
In every photography assignment, the photographer's eyes are very important. A good photographer needs to be ever ready to capture precious moments, not just the actions that happen, but even more importantly, the emotions of the people, and everything that gives the mood and feel to the entire event.
A thing of beauty is a joy forever. ~ John Keats
Finally, there is no better way to remember a special occasion than to capture it in beautiful images that will last a lifetime. Wonderful moments and beautiful memories can be transformed into timeless treasures to be enjoyed for generations to come.
Do contact me if you have any enquiries or if you need an official quotation.
Nikon D200 Main
Nikon 50mm f1.8 Standard wide aperture, for close details bridal preparations, still life, low light ceremony and speech shots.
Nikon 17-55mm f2.8 DX ED Ultra Wide. For bridal preparation, architecture, dynamic wide angle in close situation, ceremony, reception, large group and dancing.
Nikon 18-70mm f3.5-4.5 DX ED Untra Wide back up lens.
Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 APO EX DG Wide aperture Telephoto, fantastic telephoto lens for candit shots, ceremony, portraiture, photojournalistic work, speeches and general celebration.
Manfrotto 190CLB+484RC2 tripod
SB800 Speed Light
Never Stop exploring, never stop learning. ~ Alex Moi
- The Moment It Clicks 18,446 photos, 1,517 members
- wedding photography 婚礼摄影 9,201 photos, 659 members
- Malaysia Wedding Photographer 10,527 photos, 1,407 members
- Passionately Pink for the Cure 65,476 photos, 12,983 members
- 24 hours of Flickr 5,114 photos, 17,586 members
- Strobist.com 608,683 photos, 124,070 members
- Shutter Asia 94,566 photos, 2,691 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 1,416,622 photos, 74,316 members
- USJ forumers 6 photos, 6 members
- Malaysian Photographers - Selamat Datang! 187,335 photos, 6,868 members
- Indonesia Flickr Club 31,262 photos, 2,534 members
- My Best Picture of the Week 17,351 photos, 1,895 members
- Bali Ceremony 1,893 photos, 336 members
- GUTEN TAG!(Classy Photos by invite only) 7,483 photos, 1,703 members
- photojournalisme 15,542 photos, 567 members
- visit the world - the travel guide 3,668,232 photos, 89,527 members
- Bali Images 39,100 photos, 3,265 members
- Malaysia Images 182,915 photos, 8,064 members
- Ubud 1,275 photos, 121 members
- Bali 10,806 photos, 471 members
- Children of Indonesia - FLICKR'S MOST LOVELY GROUP 9,182 photos, 1,042 members
- The Face (invited images only) 9,091 photos, 4,641 members
- One World, One Future, for the Children 23,105 photos, 5,140 members
- World Greatest Photo Collection 2,191 photos, 193 members
- Food in Malaysia 3,413 photos, 293 members
- 1A Mein schönstes Foto - My best shot 1,084 photos, 2,097 members
- A world of models (post and award) 1,768 photos, 350 members
- Traveller's World 782,014 photos, 11,557 members
- Wedding Photography 257,495 photos, 52,337 members
- Weddings 126,503 photos, 11,463 members
- Flickers in action... 329 photos, 34 members
- Our Best Shots (Post 1, Comment on 2) 2,115 photos, 113 members
- Occupations 686 photos, 75 members
- Beyond Shotz - Online Monthly Photo Magazine 35,217 photos, 1,839 members
- Disappearing favourites 813 photos, 474 members
- Nikon D200/D300 Users 346,295 photos, 11,760 members
- SIGNAGES 2,308 photos, 165 members
- Flash the Flickr Gang Sign 452 photos, 564 members
- Flickr, let's make it a better place! 60,645 photos, 1,555 members
- MOSAICS & CREATIVITY 5,374 photos, 416 members
- KLickr (KL flickr meetup) 7,838 photos, 2,162 members
- A Moment in Time 44,313 photos, 512 members
- The Magic of Nature 575,535 photos, 12,318 members
- Oldies (Regras - Rules) 72 photos, 70 members
- Food & Drinks Directory 89,772 photos, 2,437 members
- FRIENDS.me.you.us.them 2,994 photos, 277 members
- Chapadmalal 827 photos, 222 members
- All About Asia 487,107 photos, 6,079 members
- I WANT 5! 302 photos, 1,069 members
- Under 100 Views 14,783 photos, 788 members
"I have been following his work for a number of years now and I have to say some of his wedding photos and portraits are the best I've seen. He puts real emotion in his work. Keep it up!"
July 27th, 2007
"inspirational n passionate photography
i've known alex since b4 he started photography as a serious hobby, n i'm greatly inspired by his tremendous growth n passion behind d shutter.
in a lotta ways, he has helped me to cultivate a love for n an interest in shootin n spurred me on to develop my own personal style n passion in photography. n i've also learnt a great deal from him. :-)
December 23rd, 2005
An young & potential imaging Artist.
I used to live in Malaysia. Then I have not much time to take photos. But I do enjoy very much visiting places.
Now, with Alex excellent works, I been able to revisit Malaysia & all beautiful image that sees through his eyes & captured with creative minds.
Thanks Alex for your sharing & contributions..."
November 20th, 2005
- Alex Moi
- August 2005
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Wedding Photography, Malaysia