Photography is a way to vent, i can really push myself, i can really express myself and i can always (well almost always) feel proud of myself. I'm one of those people who isn't good at much, but i think i'm good at photography...and if i stick with it, i might one day be great.
All photographs unless otherwise indicated copyright Alexandra Cameron 2012, all rights reserved.
Once upon a time in Alex land..(Alexandra Cameron)'s favorite photos from other Flickr members (305)
- If You Leave - Open Submissions 15,747 photos, 5,746 members
- #Flickr10 7,406 photos, 4,234 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 10,656 photos, 12,918 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,672 photos, 6,122 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 11,842 photos, 13,148 members
- 'Roid Week 2011 3,002 photos, 1,251 members
- Heapsong1 2,350 photos, 477 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 17,777 photos, 21,504 members
- 65 Million Photos 27,830 photos, 110 members
- Striking Fashion Photography 1,461 photos, 266 members
- 365 Days Project 859,649 photos, 13,772 members
- 365 Days 955,645 photos, 21,386 members
- Explored Beauty ! 123,074 photos, 6,147 members
- My World Now 4,171 photos, 265 members
- Very Beautiful Ladies 40,816 photos, 1,594 members
- THE ESSENCE OF SHE 209,145 photos, 12,303 members
- ColoursMag 3,926 photos, 439 members
- The Fashion Times 134,168 photos, 4,221 members
- Popular Photography Magazine 809,127 photos, 13,024 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 925,148 photos, 31,856 members
- PORTRAITS you can fall in love with... 508,693 photos, 23,167 members
- 'LOVE is...' [NO PRO MODELS/NO PORN/NO ADVERTISING] 20,091 photos, 1,275 members
- Love is.... 162,039 photos, 12,814 members
- Flickr Community (INVITE ALL CONTACTS) 1,497,064 photos, 44,671 members
- LOOKBOOK.nu 10,014 photos, 1,208 members
- Fashion Attitude! 5,785 photos, 340 members
- Myself, Me, I (Only Self) Post 1- Award 1 27,983 photos, 2,675 members
- Girls in field 243 photos, 535 members
- GIZMAG 4,486 photos, 487 members
- N.E.E.T. Magazine 134,007 photos, 6,353 members
- Photography Magazine, I Heart 732,882 photos, 17,085 members
- U&I Magazine 110,991 photos, 9,959 members
- Stunned by Beauty 43,613 photos, 1,715 members
- Nature Boys and Girls 5,854 photos, 2,037 members
- Run into flowers 30,090 photos, 3,059 members
- chic-le-freak 5,707 photos, 711 members
- Beautiful Light 1,925,765 photos, 69,000 members
- Indie/Folk/Psychedelic Hall Of Fame 1,752 photos, 598 members
- Cinematic Moments. 822,497 photos, 28,098 members
- Girls, Girls, Girls! 579,029 photos, 23,896 members
- In Celebration of Women Photographers 14,469 photos, 437 members
- *My Personal Favorites* 42,928 photos, 1,114 members
- deviantART Deviants 250,136 photos, 12,026 members
- Me_Moi - The best self portraits_Les meilleurs auto-portraits 2,411 photos, 2,402 members
- Tuscany, Provence, sunny Greece, joyful life and olive trees 1,205 photos, 161 members
- Imagination 523,568 photos, 15,676 members
- FlickrCentral 9,207,042 photos, 279,528 members
- Fashion 349,453 photos, 19,977 members
- digital_xprocess 1,136 photos, 119 members
- **The Most Interesting People (portraits)** 151,393 photos, 3,862 members
The Kit and the Cub says:
"Lots of people take part in the 365 days project but only a month Alex has already made her mark - her stream shines out as a diamond in the rough.
Her outfits, striking looks, photoshop dexterity, and skill behind the camera combine for edgy images that look as if they belong in the hippest of fashion mags - Lula not Vogue
Self portraits are hard, and it takes guts to take and post such intimate photos.
The Cambridge countryside is a better place with Alex taking photos in it!
(Hopefully one day we'll get the chance to do a shoot together!)
Tom & Emily"
December 9th, 2009
"great photographers capture not only the image but the emotion of a subject. it takes skill, passion and sometimes just plain luck, but when someone has as many stunning images as Alex has, you know luck has nothing to do with this.
She produces some of the most emotive portraits I see, producing beautiful images without ever compromising on the emotion of the shot.
alex, you have a very bright future ahead of you. enjoy it!"
December 3rd, 2009
"I happened upon some Alex's shots and was impressed with what she was able to do with an entry level DSLR and Canon's cheapest prime, the 50mm 1.8. Alex's work is a testament to how technique and subject is more important than what gear a photographer has. I expect to see even greater work from her in the future."
November 19th, 2009
"Let me start by saying how beautiful Alex is. She is so elegant and stunning in her physical looks and you know based on her artistic talent and her soulful photography, she has a beautiful and unique spirit and mind.
Her use of nature and light is so "real" and "raw" its impossible to duplicate and modify. Its natural and when it's shot it's out come is best described by saying "it is what it is" as if to say, " here's what I have to offer".....and Alex believe me, Its amazing and beautiful.
And to close, her self portraits are perfect! There are many factors like shadows, lighting, location, etc., and based on how gorgeous Alex is, her being the model compliments every photo and shot. I get inspired and her shots tell a story that I totally understand. I get shivers! Alex Land is an amazing place!!!"
November 9th, 2009
"Just came across your images and just had a say that you have some amazing shots posted.
The self portraits are great, you use light extremely well (like the one on the main profile page). I like the way many images show such feeling and mood from them
Keep up the great work"
October 25th, 2009
"When i first looked at her photostream i was so captivated i went through very single photo. She has a fantastic eye for composition and her images are striking and beautiful. :)
October 11th, 2009
"Once upon a time in Alex Land.
Damn. You already know she is going to be amazing with such a creative name like that.
Alex is beautiful. She kills 2 birds with 1 stone; Being a pro photographer, and a stunning model!
Her photography is stellar! I swear, I don't think I've been so motivated, inspired and in love with somebody's self portraits as I am with hers! ALL Of them are SO Amazing. You just look at it and want to go take a photo!
She's pro at editing, has an amazing eye for composition, (Damn, Not 1 of her uploads can I miss. They are all so good they stand out from the rest!) AND She's an amazing person!!
I only started talking to her Yesterday outside of Flickr, And she was so open to meeting new people. I find it so amazing knowing people in different parts of the world. She lives in the UK, I live in Canada, and we both seem fascinated with each others cultures. Her sexy accent, time different, habits? Lol!
Alex is amazing. So so so glad I found her stream, as it is very inspiring, and so glad I can now say "I have a friend in the UK."
October 11th, 2009
abrupt hose says:
"I must say, I love your photos. I love the fact that you share them with us here and around the net. I love it when you step in front of the camera as well. Thank you for sharing your creativity and your heart with us. Have a wonderful day, and Smile . . . you add a touch of joy to my life.
October 1st, 2009
bashful credit says:
"Sooooooooo, I found this beautiful girl earlier tonight and I'm so glad I did!!! She is extremely talented and although I have not yet had a chance to go through all of her photos, I know that from what I've seen, I will be in awe! If you have not yet added her as a contact, I recommend that you do because she is an incredible photographer and a lovely person!!!!!!!!!! :)"
September 25th, 2009
"Your photos are eloquently immaculate, and yet they still manage to make a bold, impressive statement to the viewer while being confined to two-dimensions. They have a sort of competent, albeit professional innocence that really captivates. Bravo."
September 23rd, 2009
"Her pictures are amazing! I don't know if it's me but every picture that she takes in the nature have a taste of retro. Beautiful clothes and adorable locations.
Girl, you really have the talent!
August 10th, 2009
incredible pancake says:
"wow wow Alex has one incredible photostream (that you just MUST go checkout!) Im so happy that i came across it the other day, its one that im constantly going to go back and look through. Its so interesting, unique, creative, beautiful, and inspiring! Each photo is perfection, she has one fabulous eye for a photo that any photographer would be jealous of (i know i am!) Keep up the gorgeous work girl! :)"
July 23rd, 2009
- Alexandra Cameron
- November 2007
- Cambridge, England
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- My Webite
- alexandracameron [at] hotmail.co.uk