My name is Alan Cressler.
Thanks for visiting my Flickr site and viewing my photos.
I greatly appreciate the 11,100,071 views.
Thanks Brian Oakes for taking my icon photo.
I am mostly a nature photographer living in Stone Mountain, Georgia. My favorite subjects include: flowers, plants, fungi, insects, reptiles and amphibians, caves, mountains, volcanoes, rivers, waterfalls, prehistoric artwork, and oceans. It is always my goal to identify every subject I photograph.
I take photos so they can be used, however, photo use is by permission only. Please contact me before publishing, using, or displaying my photos. This includes both printed and electronic media. I can be contacted via Flickr mail or my personal email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions for full resolution photo downloads: Click on a photo in the photostream or album and a full screen photo will appear. Click the underlined down arrow in the lower right side of the screen. A small window will appear. Download the desired photo size. Click "original" for a full resolution image.
I work very hard for the photos I take. All photos on my Flickr site were taken by me unless I have given credit to another photographer. My photos are protected by Copyright Laws. Please respect that. I allow use of my photos but I require that credit is given to me. Once again I can be contacted via email: email@example.com
- Flores e Plantas do Cerrado 3,575 photos, 211 members
- GREAT PANOS 23,583 photos, 3,099 members
- USFWS On Flickr 361 photos, 20 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 48,642 photos, 4,121 members
- WALKING LANDSCAPES 56,467 photos, 2,693 members
- USGS Science in Action 539 photos, 73 members
- Forest Streams 1,115 photos, 64 members
- New Zealand Wild 10,566 photos, 361 members
- Cladonias of the World 886 photos, 140 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 306,745 photos, 39,489 members
- Nature's Best Photography Flickr Group 5,455 photos, 3,591 members
- STORMSCAPES 12,660 photos, 1,361 members
- Life, light and peace, once there was water 38,294 photos, 1,579 members
- Apalachicola National Forest 761 photos, 32 members
- Hawaii's Wildlife 5,028 photos, 129 members
- 100 000 views 292 photos, 111 members
- FlickrCentral 8,574,619 photos, 231,343 members
- Flickritis: Where 45,415people are still happily infected! 3,663,167 photos, 56,665 members
- Metro Atlanta Flickr 2,780 photos, 184 members
- *♥*WorldPhotography*♥* (Post 1 / Award 1) 126,802 photos, 2,376 members
- The Ghost Orchid (Dendrophylax lindenii) 110 photos, 34 members
- Lycopodiaceae 185 photos, 34 members
- Equisetum, the horsetail 130 photos, 29 members
- Selaginella 98 photos, 18 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 418,081 photos, 106,093 members
- Views 70 000 18 photos, 42 members
- Rhamnaceae 357 photos, 38 members
- Canon DSLR User Group 3,521,406 photos, 163,450 members
- ATLANTA PHOTOGRAPHERS GUILD 55,800 photos, 3,071 members
- Mushrooms & other fungi (Your Fab Fungi Fotos, FFF) 42,756 photos, 2,544 members
- Entomopathogenic Fungi 632 photos, 162 members
- Flora Malaysiana 4,189 photos, 124 members
- ASTERACEAE 13,942 photos, 686 members
- Tree Snakes 4,979 photos, 670 members
- Toadilly Toads 1,905 photos, 370 members
- Atlanta Flood 2009 366 photos, 50 members
- Beautiful Capture 3,284,029 photos, 96,683 members
- Albany Ga. 973 photos, 27 members
- FLICKR INSECTS 16,736 photos, 775 members
- flore botanique 13,686 photos, 1,178 members
- NATURE'S BEST 1,020,625 photos, 24,695 members
- Cave Entrances 2,152 photos, 101 members
- Outdoor Photographers of the Southeast 722 photos, 111 members
- Georgia Flowers 1,661 photos, 41 members
- Insects of Georgia 1,232 photos, 43 members
- Georgia Canon Photographers 7,867 photos, 200 members
- Terrestrial Orchids 7,114 photos, 143 members
- Florida Thunderstorms 1,847 photos, 297 members
- Fern Allies 704 photos, 102 members
- Mountain Majesty 7,978 photos, 468 members
csm242000 Photography says:
" Simply (modest) amazing photographer. talk about hidden treasures. Alan Cressler's Photo's are Fantastic. You will leave with many Favs. Thanks Alen great work. csm242000"
October 2nd, 2009
"To peruse Alan's photostream is to take a vicarious journey on trails few have an opportunity to travel. Typical comments I make on his photos include "amazing," "fascinating" and "awesome." Not only is he a world-class photographer whose equipment seems a part of his very being, but he knows or manages to identify virtually every obscure thing he shoots, be it animal, vegetable, mineral or landscape. He's also a really nice, generous person whom I am honored to call my friend. Take a journey or two through his sets and photostream, and be delighted."
November 15th, 2008
Elliot Stahl says:
"I had the privelege of meeting Alan while caving in Tennessee about 2 and half years ago. Every time I go caving and take photos with him I learn something new and improve my own skills at cave photography by watching and learning from Alan. He is by far one of the best cave photographers there is.He is great at taking any and all types of cave photographs no matter what the setting. His techniques of combining natural and artificial light in open air pits are some of the best I have seen, and really makes for some amazing photographs!"
February 24th, 2008
"Woo...thanks for accepting me in your friend list. I saw your Bromeliad photograps. Especially I love Bromeliads. And I never seen them in habitat 'cause I live in Asia. Wish I could have a life like yours take a photo from around the world, so wonderful !
January 9th, 2008
lynn roebuck photography says:
"I have known Alan for many years but it is still simply amazing to me how Alan inspires!
Alan has inspired me as well as so many other cave photographers to be better than we ever thought we could be. He provides his Flickr friends with a large amount of not just technically brilliant photography but he also shows a great diversity and artistic touch. Each shot continues to inspire me to take a closer look for the wonders that can be captured through my lens.
Thanks my friend!"
September 20th, 2007
Rob Robbins says:
"Having known Alan for some time and even caved with him on at least one ocassion, I find traveling with him, through his photography, a fascinating trip to some of the most fascinating and colorful places around. Compliments from Alan are always welcomed. You can see the smile on his face through his work by the care and energy he takes in framing the scene. He brings joy to an otherwise sometimes dull world. I believe he and I both enjoy putting smiles on the faces of others.
Thanks for being my friend, my friend,
August 29th, 2007
- Alan Cressler
- March 2007
- Decatur, Georgia
- Stone Mountain, Georgia, United States
- I am:
- Male and Single
- U.S. Geological Survey technician
- alan.cressler [at] gmail.com