I enjoy making photos. I prefer saying making photos, as opposed to taking photos. Taking photos assumes that the shot is sitting somewhere waiting to be taken, while making photos acknowledges the agency of the person behind the camera... makes the person an active participant in the creative process than a mere "clicker".
Comments and contacts: I find Flickr a very interesting place for sharing, enjoyment and learning. There's much awesomeness here that inspires me. Also, there are two things about Flickr that I loathe:
1. You-have-received-the-(insert fancy word here)-award groups.
2. Post-1-comment-(insert number here) groups.
So please don't comment on my photos with fancy awards or with instructions to comment on other photos in a certain group or to check out your own photostream. The comments function on Flickr for me is a way to show appreciation for someone's work and/or offer them feedback. If I comment on a photo of yours, it is because your photo gave me joy and I'd like you to know that, not because I expect you to comment on my photos too. Similarly if you comment on one of my photos, please accept my honest appreciation for it but don't expect me to necessarily return the favor. Same goes for adding someone as a contact.
Use of my photos: If you would like to use any of my photos (with due attribution and without modifying the image), feel free to contact me via Flickrmail, and I will consider your request.
- Invisible Ph t grapher Asia (IPA) Flickr Community 32,498 photos, 1,793 members
- Fuji x100s 146,868 photos, 7,360 members
- STREET STORIES 626,160 photos, 11,901 members
- Lyric Documentary 12,683 photos, 840 members
- Tired of Tulips? 1,783 photos, 934 members
- `Street Photography - Fotografia di Strada 156,371 photos, 3,808 members
- All Street Photography 1,171,290 photos, 20,057 members
- Poetry Of Life (On vacation and closed until I come back) 4,892 photos, 1,370 members
- Streetphotography in Colors 67,576 photos, 1,793 members
- the human condition 145,802 photos, 3,962 members
- Photos Without A Rabbit 74,985 photos, 2,463 members
- Abstract Photos 125,046 photos, 19,381 members
- Extreme Street Photography (ESP) 3,859 photos, 19,757 members
- Street and Documentary 28,645 photos, 3,183 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 3,186 photos, 80,687 members
- Fuji X100 191,448 photos, 10,247 members
- Iowa City 5,822 photos, 263 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 2,150,483 photos, 57,540 members
- photo[Slap] 37,099 photos, 3,090 members
- -The Cafe- 1,162,755 photos, 27,040 members
- No metering lenses on Nikon DSLRs 64,935 photos, 3,455 members
- Adobe Lightroom 53,908 photos, 26,648 members
- Nikkor 348,380 photos, 10,631 members
- Doors & Windows Project 185,599 photos, 14,279 members
- Utata 464,377 photos, 28,335 members
- Minnesota 82,603 photos, 2,110 members
- Panasonic Lumix Users 227,817 photos, 3,819 members
- Lonely Planet 1,225,849 photos, 29,440 members
- India Images 464,878 photos, 19,438 members
- University of Minnesota 1,599 photos, 289 members
- Historic India 18,867 photos, 2,802 members
- Twin Cities 103,331 photos, 3,203 members
alankaar doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- March 2007
- Chandigarh, India
- I am: