I enjoy making photos. I prefer saying making photos, as opposed to taking photos. Taking photos assumes that the shot is sitting somewhere waiting to be taken, while making photos acknowledges the agency of the person behind the camera... makes the person an active participant in the creative process than a mere "clicker".
Comments and contacts: I find Flickr a very interesting place for sharing, enjoyment and learning. There's much awesomeness here that inspires me. Also, there are two things about Flickr that I loathe:
1. You-have-received-the-(insert fancy word here)-award groups.
2. Post-1-comment-(insert number here) groups.
So please don't comment on my photos with fancy awards or with instructions to comment on other photos in a certain group or to check out your own photostream. The comments function on Flickr for me is a way to show appreciation for someone's work and/or offer them feedback. If I comment on a photo of yours, it is because your photo gave me joy and I'd like you to know that, not because I expect you to comment on my photos too. Similarly if you comment on one of my photos, please accept my honest appreciation for it but don't expect me to necessarily return the favor. Same goes for adding someone as a contact.
Use of my photos: If you would like to use any of my photos (with due attribution and without modifying the image), feel free to contact me via Flickrmail, and I will consider your request.
- Lonely Planet: contributor pool 29,418 photos, 1,197 members
- Invisible Ph t grapher Asia (IPA) Flickr Community 25,572 photos, 1,637 members
- Fuji x100s 133,248 photos, 7,401 members
- STREET STORIES 445,190 photos, 9,749 members
- Lyric Documentary 10,837 photos, 829 members
- Tired of Tulips? 1,742 photos, 961 members
- Street Photography - Fotografia di Strada 112,874 photos, 3,120 members
- All Street Photography 830,995 photos, 15,198 members
- Poetry Of Life 5,018 photos, 1,349 members
- Streetphotography in Colors 42,190 photos, 1,365 members
- the human condition 119,955 photos, 3,789 members
- Photos Without A Rabbit 56,457 photos, 2,055 members
- Abstract Photos 121,060 photos, 19,201 members
- Extreme Street Photography (ESP) 3,693 photos, 18,650 members
- Street and Documentary 29,848 photos, 2,463 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 2,988 photos, 75,117 members
- Fuji X100 173,792 photos, 9,886 members
- Iowa City 5,448 photos, 258 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 1,460,927 photos, 48,246 members
- photo[Slap] 36,945 photos, 2,927 members
- -The Cafe- 982,576 photos, 26,105 members
- No metering lenses on Nikon DSLRs 60,522 photos, 3,443 members
- Adobe Lightroom 35,690 photos, 25,850 members
- Nikkor 265,250 photos, 10,225 members
- Doors & Windows Project 169,546 photos, 14,200 members
- Utata 454,199 photos, 27,261 members
- Minnesota 74,277 photos, 2,029 members
- Panasonic Lumix Users 192,869 photos, 3,625 members
- Lonely Planet 930,135 photos, 22,975 members
- India Images 422,103 photos, 18,847 members
- University of Minnesota 1,480 photos, 278 members
- Historic India 16,990 photos, 2,586 members
- Twin Cities 102,139 photos, 3,195 members
alankaar doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- March 2007
- Chandigarh, India
- I am: