I enjoy making photos. I prefer saying making photos, as opposed to taking photos. Taking photos assumes that the shot is sitting somewhere waiting to be taken, while making photos acknowledges the agency of the person behind the camera... makes the person an active participant in the creative process than a mere "clicker".
Comments and contacts: I find Flickr a very interesting place for sharing, enjoyment and learning. There's much awesomeness here that inspires me. Also, there are two things about Flickr that I loathe:
1. You-have-received-the-(insert fancy word here)-award groups.
2. Post-1-comment-(insert number here) groups.
So please don't comment on my photos with fancy awards or with instructions to comment on other photos in a certain group or to check out your own photostream. The comments function on Flickr for me is a way to show appreciation for someone's work and/or offer them feedback. If I comment on a photo of yours, it is because your photo gave me joy and I'd like you to know that, not because I expect you to comment on my photos too. Similarly if you comment on one of my photos, please accept my honest appreciation for it but don't expect me to necessarily return the favor. Same goes for adding someone as a contact.
Use of my photos: If you would like to use any of my photos (with due attribution and without modifying the image), feel free to contact me via Flickrmail, and I will consider your request.
- Lonely Planet: contributor pool 39,058 photos, 1,444 members
- Invisible Ph t grapher Asia (IPA) Flickr Community 28,035 photos, 1,689 members
- Fuji x100s 138,605 photos, 7,429 members
- STREET STORIES 498,736 photos, 10,458 members
- Lyric Documentary 11,410 photos, 827 members
- Tired of Tulips? 1,719 photos, 950 members
- Street Photography - Fotografia di Strada 127,366 photos, 3,331 members
- All Street Photography 931,023 photos, 16,642 members
- Poetry Of Life 5,022 photos, 1,400 members
- Streetphotography in Colors 48,786 photos, 1,502 members
- the human condition 128,176 photos, 3,876 members
- Photos Without A Rabbit 65,109 photos, 2,222 members
- Abstract Photos 121,841 photos, 19,250 members
- Extreme Street Photography (ESP) 3,766 photos, 19,053 members
- Street and Documentary 29,568 photos, 2,722 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 3,101 photos, 76,996 members
- Fuji X100 178,006 photos, 9,985 members
- Iowa City 5,562 photos, 259 members
- Nikon DSLR Users 1,676,475 photos, 51,563 members
- photo[Slap] 36,722 photos, 3,005 members
- -The Cafe- 1,043,145 photos, 26,433 members
- No metering lenses on Nikon DSLRs 62,067 photos, 3,458 members
- Adobe Lightroom 41,484 photos, 26,182 members
- Nikkor 291,101 photos, 10,421 members
- Doors & Windows Project 174,596 photos, 14,266 members
- Utata 457,707 photos, 27,598 members
- Minnesota 77,876 photos, 2,061 members
- Panasonic Lumix Users 203,432 photos, 3,687 members
- Lonely Planet 1,020,771 photos, 24,850 members
- India Images 435,181 photos, 19,037 members
- University of Minnesota 1,499 photos, 282 members
- Historic India 17,505 photos, 2,644 members
- Twin Cities 102,998 photos, 3,205 members
alankaar doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- March 2007
- Chandigarh, India
- I am: