My web site - Gordana's Photography
My Etsy shop, where you can order some of my prints.
g(ART)en, my blog.
g(ART)en Photography © on Getty Images
g(ART)en Photography © on Arcahngel Images
From ShadowLight, A Photographer's Life by Freeman Patterson
Potentially, we can find religious concern (ultimate caring about ultimate things) anywhere. This is because, in our heart of hearts, we all ask the question about the purpose and meaning of existence (especially our own) - and we attempt to answer it even by consciously ignoring the question or denying its importance. This is an issue from which we may consciously hide, but from which we can never escape, because it always remains firmly rooted in our unconscious self, emotionally linked to our instinct for self-preservation. We would rather be than not be.
Photography - both the craft and the art - helps me to be. It allows and enables me to live creatively, which is to honour Creation and my own existence. As I consciously pursue my craft, my concerns, anxieties, fears, loves, hopes and dreams bubble up from my unconscious. In this meeting of the conscious and unconscious, I can acknowledge my wounds and experience healing. Photography is neither a religion nor a panacea, but it provides me with the opportunity of "growing towards wholeness." And that, surely, is what the religious quest is all about.
What I would like to be able to do: look at my favourites, they speak thousands words. Thank you for your visit.
g(ART)en - Photography by Gordana
create your own visited countries map
Called home: Sarajevo (Bosnia) - Beograd (Serbia) - Windsor (Ontario, Canada) - Port Coquitlam, B.C.
I run two small groups here: Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! - a tribute to all photos inspired by good Dr. Seuss and Poezija i druge stvari..., a group that collects images combined with words in languages of ex-yu.
Also, my dear friends kindly included me in admin teams of their groups. Notice, I am not claiming any admin work there, cause I do not do any ;) More of a honorary member, really...
Polaris, Café Europa, les vieux livres - A library of yellowed paper, Only bLu and Violet Hill.
Please note, if you have no photos posted in your stream and no obvious reason (like a blog of your own) why you fave my photos or make me a contact, I will block you. The Flickr life so far has thought me this.
- British Columbia Lakes, Rivers & Ocean 1,175 photos, 113 members
- CTV BC Photo Pool 7,519 photos, 248 members
- Best of Winter Wonderland 2,238 photos, 307 members
- Still Life/La Nature Morte 3,607 photos, 671 members
- panoramas 275,080 photos, 37,499 members
- Classic Still Life Art 13,708 photos, 1,304 members
- Images of Vancouver, Coast & Mountains 953 photos, 50 members
- GOLDEN TEXTURES 673 photos, 88 members
- AlternativePhotography.com 10,090 photos, 1,010 members
- Photo News Gallery 48,038 photos, 2,279 members
- Mountains Anywhere 281,030 photos, 22,733 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 24,384 photos, 2,245 members
- The V3H 520 photos, 30 members
- Vancouver Photographers & Collaborators 87,483 photos, 2,119 members
- Beautiful British Columbia 110,173 photos, 4,276 members
- Miss604.com Photo Pool for Metro Vancouver 35,206 photos, 703 members
- Inside Vancouver 6,316 photos, 840 members
- BC Living Photo Pool 8,013 photos, 206 members
- mid-century illustrated 19,884 photos, 2,989 members
- I Made it Myself 575,963 photos, 27,577 members
- Corners of My Home 110,608 photos, 12,218 members
- Green Eden 20,411 photos, 2,047 members
- Florabella Textures & Actions 39,597 photos, 5,452 members
- Vintage decorating 22,791 photos, 2,419 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 330,010 photos, 19,503 members
- Flowers & Vintage 6,193 photos, 505 members
- Vancouver 167,885 photos, 7,182 members
- Canon EF 50mm f1.8 172,723 photos, 14,848 members
- Natural Jewellery ELITE - Admin Invite -P1/A3 491 photos, 60 members
- Canon Imagination 884,050 photos, 20,493 members
- Photograph like painting 35,891 photos, 1,507 members
- Blurvision Photo 81,581 photos, 5,399 members
- Painterly 41,966 photos, 1,687 members
- Focus is overrated - defocus! 5,157 photos, 2,199 members
- Natural Jewellery-APRIL CONTEST VOTE ! 18,519 photos, 3,209 members
- Objects for Layers -- Please read rules before posting 1,089 photos, 1,149 members
- Henry's Photo Club 50,052 photos, 2,243 members
- Lensbaby 75,772 photos, 9,508 members
- Technique 200 photos, 16,312 members
- Lensbaby's Artworks 9,020 photos, 883 members
- Vertoramas 13,538 photos, 1,882 members
- incidental painting 2,144 photos, 116 members
- Vermeer Pearls.. (P1/A2) 41,050 photos, 2,890 members
- Shutter Sisters 407,718 photos, 12,429 members
- Lensbaby B&W 5,234 photos, 891 members
- Interior Styling 7,067 photos, 4,150 members
- Lensbabies 41,711 photos, 5,351 members
- From Kitchens Past - The Vintage Kitchen 17,338 photos, 2,340 members
- Cafe Elite 73,160 photos, 3,831 members
- - t e x t u r e s - 247 photos, 209 members
"Coming to flickr was an enlightening moment for me as a photographer. One of the rays that brought light to totally new horizons in the understanding photography was Gordana's work. Its meaning streams out of the frame and leads to truth, to Creator bringing healing to oneself.
Not only once have I recognised this influence in my own work.
20th April, 2011
The Ghost of a Flea says:
"Gordana is the whole reason I started Flickring in the first place and her zeal for photography is certainly one of my strongest inspirations.
She sees things in such a different light and that wonderful vision is embedded in every shot.
Unlike my other Flickrfriends who encourage me from hundreds or thousands of miles away, Gordana is (at least once a week) only an arms-length away, helping me to see things differently, teaching me, pushing me in a new direction or simply laughing with me.
A fantastic shooter, thai food enthousiast and friend!"
14th May, 2009
" … a celebration of light, shadow & life. “the harmonicas
play the skeleton keys in the rain and these visions of [Gordana]
are now all that remain.” (b. dylan)"
7th April, 2009
"Gordana's photostream is a place of leisure. She's developing her own definite and original style, where elements of pure joy fight for the light against a background of pain, restriction, human privations, hatred and injustice.
She's been through the Balcan's war, and I think that this scar is noticeable in these works of hope, yet unforgotten.
Keep an eye on this spot of humble strength: it's not a lost time."
13th August, 2008
- Gordana Adamovic-Mladenovic
- August 2007
- Port Coquitlam, Canada
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Gordana's Photography