You can find my blog here Volume of Interactions
My journey with photography started many years ago, as a young boy, when my father taught me how to use a manual focus Nikon RF. In those days, cameras only used film and focusing was not a point-and-click affair. As a 6 year old, it was magical: look into the RF, align the parallax lines to focus, then release the shutter. The photos that came back were not always in focus, but i remember spending hours pouring over the results, even the duds. Maybe it really was magic.
Fast forward time and i've never had a time in my life when i didn't own a camera, though as a teenager and young adult, it normally meant a simple point & shoot that was changed every so often as new model and tastes were released.
The next truly memorable camera i owned was in my mid-twenties, a Canon G9. As a scuba diver, i needed something that would allow me to take photos underwater, and the G9 fit the bill. It did it's job very well, but i always found it lacking when taking dry land shots.
Several years passed, and real life got in the way, photography took a back seat for a while. But lately, time and resources have become available and it's time to make a comeback.
My main motivation these days for everything i am is my family. Even with regards to photography. I realize that time passes so quickly, and my children are growing up before my eyes. If i blink, i'm liable to miss it all, or worse, forget the times i should remember. Photographs are a way to fortify the memories, to give a shape to a shade of the mind. If nothing else, as long as my photographs capture those moments, that will be enough for me.
Besides my family, street photography interests me. Give me a 35mm and drop me in a colourful busy street and i'll be happy. There is so much life in the streets, and the powerful thing about photography is it's ability to capture the essence of that life and tell whole stories with just a single exposure. To me, that brings back the magic of my first experience with cameras, with my dad's Nikon.
I'm not a great photographer, but i do take pride in the photos i take. So, i will always try my best to do the best. That has been how i approach anything i do in life, and it shouldn't be any different here. Eager to learn, fast to learn, a lifetime motto.
Thank you for reading this and viewing my photos. I invite you to join me in the journey, in search of the perfect photo.
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 617,333 photos, 43,418 members
- in explore 752,095 photos, 66,537 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 408,082 photos, 105,328 members
- Sunrise, Sunset -- Anything Sun! 1,077,811 photos, 68,905 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 1,078,080 photos, 123,560 members
- "SEASCAPE" 191,002 photos, 7,389 members
- Seascape Central 77,517 photos, 5,221 members
- Fujifilm Folks 70,610 photos, 2,239 members
- Fuji x100s 139,633 photos, 7,434 members
- Fujifilm X100s(T) Challenge 18,347 photos, 643 members
- The Mingthein.com B&W Challenge 520 photos, 475 members
- Official ZEISS Camera Lenses Group 30,635 photos, 16,039 members
- Headphones 3,240 photos, 1,326 members
- No Rules Street Photography (NRSP) 29,938 photos, 2,174 members
- Ilford 117,897 photos, 7,878 members
- Portra [Kodak Portra Film] 158,539 photos, 16,857 members
- I Shoot Film 2,551,025 photos, 105,475 members
- LEICA PICS 138,861 photos, 2,113 members
- Models 441,748 photos, 19,345 members
- Russian Girls 5,467 photos, 1,022 members
- Leica M photography 311,397 photos, 9,493 members
- Rangefinders 207,870 photos, 3,458 members
- Canon EF 135mm f2 L 75,121 photos, 6,622 members
- Star Wars 66,206 photos, 6,446 members
- LEGO 413,288 photos, 17,293 members
- Strobist.com 609,307 photos, 123,773 members
- Olympus 75mm f/1.8 Micro Four Thirds Lens 30,377 photos, 2,810 members
- mingthein.com: the reader portfolio 41,236 photos, 2,354 members
- Harley's I've Met 5,084 photos, 393 members
- Concerts 598,541 photos, 15,980 members
- Concert Photography 214,645 photos, 38,059 members
- Leica MP 21,489 photos, 1,302 members
- World Street Food 8,363 photos, 953 members
- Olympus PEN-F,OM-D E-M1, E-M10, E-M5 and E-M5II user 541,374 photos, 13,486 members
- flickr (unofficial) 5,200,791 photos, 109,794 members
- Wedding Photography 255,648 photos, 52,019 members
- 16:9 Widescreen Creativity 7,123 photos, 351 members
- Seascapes and Shorelines 744,253 photos, 32,630 members
- A Child's Life 104,618 photos, 3,798 members
- Food around the world 217,076 photos, 17,590 members
- Still Life Photography 108,965 photos, 9,513 members
- Still Life Photography Selection (please read pool description) 8,211 photos, 12,783 members
- Books/libros/livros 14,376 photos, 2,756 members
- Putrajaya Malaysia 4,053 photos, 679 members
- Ladies in Niqab & Hijab 4,896 photos, 1,756 members
- 1-2-3 B&W (tag 123bw) 53,416 photos, 3,232 members
- 1-2-3 489,051 photos, 17,117 members
- Hands and feet of the world 10,043 photos, 2,092 members
- Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 28MM F2 2,076 photos, 351 members
- Carl Zeiss Distagon 13,785 photos, 641 members
aizuddindanian doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Aizuddin Danian
- November 2011
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- I am:
- Volume of Interactions