You can find my blog here Volume of Interactions
My journey with photography started many years ago, as a young boy, when my father taught me how to use a manual focus Nikon RF. In those days, cameras only used film and focusing was not a point-and-click affair. As a 6 year old, it was magical: look into the RF, align the parallax lines to focus, then release the shutter. The photos that came back were not always in focus, but i remember spending hours pouring over the results, even the duds. Maybe it really was magic.
Fast forward time and i've never had a time in my life when i didn't own a camera, though as a teenager and young adult, it normally meant a simple point & shoot that was changed every so often as new model and tastes were released.
The next truly memorable camera i owned was in my mid-twenties, a Canon G9. As a scuba diver, i needed something that would allow me to take photos underwater, and the G9 fit the bill. It did it's job very well, but i always found it lacking when taking dry land shots.
Several years passed, and real life got in the way, photography took a back seat for a while. But lately, time and resources have become available and it's time to make a comeback.
My main motivation these days for everything i am is my family. Even with regards to photography. I realize that time passes so quickly, and my children are growing up before my eyes. If i blink, i'm liable to miss it all, or worse, forget the times i should remember. Photographs are a way to fortify the memories, to give a shape to a shade of the mind. If nothing else, as long as my photographs capture those moments, that will be enough for me.
Besides my family, street photography interests me. Give me a 35mm and drop me in a colourful busy street and i'll be happy. There is so much life in the streets, and the powerful thing about photography is it's ability to capture the essence of that life and tell whole stories with just a single exposure. To me, that brings back the magic of my first experience with cameras, with my dad's Nikon.
I'm not a great photographer, but i do take pride in the photos i take. So, i will always try my best to do the best. That has been how i approach anything i do in life, and it shouldn't be any different here. Eager to learn, fast to learn, a lifetime motto.
Thank you for reading this and viewing my photos. I invite you to join me in the journey, in search of the perfect photo.
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 605,599 photos, 42,015 members
- in explore 668,772 photos, 59,657 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 410,052 photos, 105,653 members
- Sunrise, Sunset -- Anything Sun! 1,026,632 photos, 66,770 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 1,029,762 photos, 120,814 members
- "SEASCAPE" 173,850 photos, 6,911 members
- Seascape Central 67,887 photos, 4,868 members
- Fujifilm Folks 59,392 photos, 1,918 members
- Fuji x100s 135,574 photos, 7,413 members
- Fujifilm X100s(T) Challenge 18,620 photos, 643 members
- The Mingthein.com B&W Challenge 527 photos, 477 members
- OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses Group 28,755 photos, 15,717 members
- Headphones 3,201 photos, 1,314 members
- No Rules Street Photography (NRSP) 30,060 photos, 2,166 members
- Ilford 111,161 photos, 7,515 members
- Portra [Kodak Portra Film] 154,204 photos, 16,201 members
- I Shoot Film 2,503,940 photos, 103,877 members
- LEICA PICS 127,044 photos, 1,939 members
- Models 420,044 photos, 18,702 members
- Russian Girls 4,731 photos, 947 members
- Leica M photography 292,968 photos, 8,974 members
- Rangefinders 199,188 photos, 3,372 members
- Canon EF 135mm f2 L 72,705 photos, 6,413 members
- Star Wars 64,004 photos, 6,330 members
- LEGO 394,116 photos, 16,848 members
- Strobist.com 608,756 photos, 123,377 members
- Olympus 75mm f/1.8 Micro Four Thirds Lens 27,977 photos, 2,592 members
- mingthein.com: the reader portfolio 38,262 photos, 2,302 members
- Harley's I've Met 5,020 photos, 387 members
- Concerts 573,715 photos, 15,677 members
- Concert Photography 211,985 photos, 37,901 members
- Leica MP 20,119 photos, 1,242 members
- World Street Food 8,042 photos, 920 members
- Olympus PEN-F,OM-D E-M1, E-M10, E-M5 and E-M5II user 498,795 photos, 13,016 members
- flickr (unofficial) 4,740,080 photos, 105,980 members
- Wedding Photography 253,563 photos, 51,566 members
- 16:9 Widescreen Creativity 6,926 photos, 348 members
- Seascapes and Shorelines 715,549 photos, 31,479 members
- A Child's Life 99,536 photos, 3,650 members
- Food around the world 202,435 photos, 16,921 members
- Still Life Photography 98,264 photos, 8,940 members
- Still Life Photography Selection (please read pool description) 8,359 photos, 12,643 members
- Books/libros/livros 14,128 photos, 2,736 members
- Putrajaya Malaysia 3,752 photos, 679 members
- Ladies in Niqab & Hijab 4,924 photos, 1,750 members
- 1-2-3 B&W (tag 123bw) 52,881 photos, 3,232 members
- 1-2-3 483,269 photos, 17,062 members
- Hands and feet of the world 10,119 photos, 2,089 members
- Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 28MM F2 1,952 photos, 322 members
- Carl Zeiss Distagon 12,441 photos, 599 members
aizuddindanian doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Aizuddin Danian
- November 2011
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- I am:
- Volume of Interactions