You can find my blog here Volume of Interactions
My journey with photography started many years ago, as a young boy, when my father taught me how to use a manual focus Nikon RF. In those days, cameras only used film and focusing was not a point-and-click affair. As a 6 year old, it was magical: look into the RF, align the parallax lines to focus, then release the shutter. The photos that came back were not always in focus, but i remember spending hours pouring over the results, even the duds. Maybe it really was magic.
Fast forward time and i've never had a time in my life when i didn't own a camera, though as a teenager and young adult, it normally meant a simple point & shoot that was changed every so often as new model and tastes were released.
The next truly memorable camera i owned was in my mid-twenties, a Canon G9. As a scuba diver, i needed something that would allow me to take photos underwater, and the G9 fit the bill. It did it's job very well, but i always found it lacking when taking dry land shots.
Several years passed, and real life got in the way, photography took a back seat for a while. But lately, time and resources have become available and it's time to make a comeback.
My main motivation these days for everything i am is my family. Even with regards to photography. I realize that time passes so quickly, and my children are growing up before my eyes. If i blink, i'm liable to miss it all, or worse, forget the times i should remember. Photographs are a way to fortify the memories, to give a shape to a shade of the mind. If nothing else, as long as my photographs capture those moments, that will be enough for me.
Besides my family, street photography interests me. Give me a 35mm and drop me in a colourful busy street and i'll be happy. There is so much life in the streets, and the powerful thing about photography is it's ability to capture the essence of that life and tell whole stories with just a single exposure. To me, that brings back the magic of my first experience with cameras, with my dad's Nikon.
I'm not a great photographer, but i do take pride in the photos i take. So, i will always try my best to do the best. That has been how i approach anything i do in life, and it shouldn't be any different here. Eager to learn, fast to learn, a lifetime motto.
Thank you for reading this and viewing my photos. I invite you to join me in the journey, in search of the perfect photo.
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 611,807 photos, 42,455 members
- in explore 708,210 photos, 62,784 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 409,140 photos, 105,545 members
- Sunrise, Sunset -- Anything Sun! 1,049,988 photos, 67,748 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 1,052,315 photos, 122,004 members
- "SEASCAPE" 182,288 photos, 7,153 members
- Seascape Central 72,337 photos, 5,042 members
- Fujifilm Folks 64,533 photos, 2,065 members
- Fuji x100s 137,333 photos, 7,427 members
- Fujifilm X100s(T) Challenge 18,198 photos, 643 members
- The Mingthein.com B&W Challenge 526 photos, 475 members
- OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses Group 29,664 photos, 15,856 members
- Headphones 3,218 photos, 1,322 members
- No Rules Street Photography (NRSP) 29,963 photos, 2,163 members
- Ilford 114,157 photos, 7,661 members
- Portra [Kodak Portra Film] 156,420 photos, 16,508 members
- I Shoot Film 2,526,257 photos, 104,592 members
- LEICA PICS 130,772 photos, 2,019 members
- Models 429,436 photos, 19,017 members
- Russian Girls 5,106 photos, 991 members
- Leica M photography 302,591 photos, 9,206 members
- Rangefinders 205,314 photos, 3,417 members
- Canon EF 135mm f2 L 74,111 photos, 6,513 members
- Star Wars 64,788 photos, 6,380 members
- LEGO 402,662 photos, 17,023 members
- Strobist.com 609,089 photos, 123,573 members
- Olympus 75mm f/1.8 Micro Four Thirds Lens 29,293 photos, 2,699 members
- mingthein.com: the reader portfolio 39,782 photos, 2,330 members
- Harley's I've Met 5,066 photos, 392 members
- Concerts 587,880 photos, 15,837 members
- Concert Photography 213,416 photos, 37,995 members
- Leica MP 20,821 photos, 1,266 members
- World Street Food 8,184 photos, 932 members
- Olympus PEN-F,OM-D E-M1, E-M10, E-M5 and E-M5II user 520,776 photos, 13,225 members
- flickr (unofficial) 4,964,820 photos, 107,691 members
- Wedding Photography 254,962 photos, 51,812 members
- 16:9 Widescreen Creativity 7,023 photos, 349 members
- Seascapes and Shorelines 730,131 photos, 31,999 members
- A Child's Life 101,756 photos, 3,721 members
- Food around the world 208,729 photos, 17,222 members
- Still Life Photography 103,441 photos, 9,204 members
- Still Life Photography Selection (please read pool description) 8,232 photos, 12,696 members
- Books/libros/livros 14,201 photos, 2,748 members
- Putrajaya Malaysia 3,751 photos, 678 members
- Ladies in Niqab & Hijab 4,917 photos, 1,750 members
- 1-2-3 B&W (tag 123bw) 53,116 photos, 3,229 members
- 1-2-3 485,907 photos, 17,080 members
- Hands and feet of the world 10,160 photos, 2,090 members
- Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 28MM F2 1,989 photos, 332 members
- Carl Zeiss Distagon 13,096 photos, 619 members
aizuddindanian doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Aizuddin Danian
- November 2011
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- I am:
- Volume of Interactions