You can find my blog here Volume of Interactions
My journey with photography started many years ago, as a young boy, when my father taught me how to use a manual focus Nikon RF. In those days, cameras only used film and focusing was not a point-and-click affair. As a 6 year old, it was magical: look into the RF, align the parallax lines to focus, then release the shutter. The photos that came back were not always in focus, but i remember spending hours pouring over the results, even the duds. Maybe it really was magic.
Fast forward time and i've never had a time in my life when i didn't own a camera, though as a teenager and young adult, it normally meant a simple point & shoot that was changed every so often as new model and tastes were released.
The next truly memorable camera i owned was in my mid-twenties, a Canon G9. As a scuba diver, i needed something that would allow me to take photos underwater, and the G9 fit the bill. It did it's job very well, but i always found it lacking when taking dry land shots.
Several years passed, and real life got in the way, photography took a back seat for a while. But lately, time and resources have become available and it's time to make a comeback.
My main motivation these days for everything i am is my family. Even with regards to photography. I realize that time passes so quickly, and my children are growing up before my eyes. If i blink, i'm liable to miss it all, or worse, forget the times i should remember. Photographs are a way to fortify the memories, to give a shape to a shade of the mind. If nothing else, as long as my photographs capture those moments, that will be enough for me.
Besides my family, street photography interests me. Give me a 35mm and drop me in a colourful busy street and i'll be happy. There is so much life in the streets, and the powerful thing about photography is it's ability to capture the essence of that life and tell whole stories with just a single exposure. To me, that brings back the magic of my first experience with cameras, with my dad's Nikon.
I'm not a great photographer, but i do take pride in the photos i take. So, i will always try my best to do the best. That has been how i approach anything i do in life, and it shouldn't be any different here. Eager to learn, fast to learn, a lifetime motto.
Thank you for reading this and viewing my photos. I invite you to join me in the journey, in search of the perfect photo.
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 603,429 photos, 41,682 members
- in explore 649,625 photos, 58,373 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 410,448 photos, 105,693 members
- Sunrise, Sunset -- Anything Sun! 1,015,450 photos, 66,418 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 1,018,866 photos, 120,353 members
- "SEASCAPE" 170,261 photos, 6,811 members
- Seascape Central 65,991 photos, 4,788 members
- Fujifilm Folks 56,910 photos, 1,852 members
- Fuji x100s 134,332 photos, 7,407 members
- Fujifilm X100s(T) Challenge 18,509 photos, 635 members
- The Mingthein.com B&W Challenge 532 photos, 480 members
- OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses Group 28,450 photos, 15,654 members
- Headphones 3,171 photos, 1,314 members
- No Rules Street Photography (NRSP) 30,087 photos, 2,168 members
- Ilford 109,731 photos, 7,436 members
- Portra [Kodak Portra Film] 153,065 photos, 16,152 members
- I Shoot Film 2,493,665 photos, 103,569 members
- LEICA PICS 124,210 photos, 1,908 members
- Models 414,073 photos, 18,554 members
- Russian Girls 4,591 photos, 928 members
- Leica M photography 287,960 photos, 8,870 members
- Rangefinders 196,985 photos, 3,354 members
- Canon EF 135mm f2 L 72,029 photos, 6,370 members
- Star Wars 63,605 photos, 6,312 members
- LEGO 389,949 photos, 16,762 members
- Strobist.com 608,399 photos, 123,343 members
- Olympus 75mm f/1.8 Micro Four Thirds Lens 27,554 photos, 2,541 members
- mingthein.com: the reader portfolio 37,541 photos, 2,291 members
- Harley's I've Met 4,979 photos, 383 members
- Concerts 568,074 photos, 15,590 members
- Concert Photography 211,290 photos, 37,854 members
- Leica MP 19,840 photos, 1,222 members
- World Street Food 7,970 photos, 912 members
- Olympus PEN-F,OM-D E-M1, E-M10, E-M5 and E-M5II user 489,749 photos, 12,927 members
- flickr (unofficial) 4,635,035 photos, 105,385 members
- Wedding Photography 252,396 photos, 51,417 members
- 16:9 Widescreen Creativity 6,853 photos, 345 members
- Seascapes and Shorelines 708,462 photos, 31,310 members
- A Child's Life 98,445 photos, 3,625 members
- Food around the world 199,570 photos, 16,781 members
- Still Life Photography 96,357 photos, 8,832 members
- Still Life Photography Selection (please read pool description) 8,396 photos, 12,657 members
- Books/libros/livros 14,053 photos, 2,725 members
- Putrajaya Malaysia 3,752 photos, 679 members
- Ladies in Niqab & Hijab 4,924 photos, 1,750 members
- 1-2-3 B&W (tag 123bw) 52,742 photos, 3,233 members
- 1-2-3 482,391 photos, 17,051 members
- Hands and feet of the world 10,149 photos, 2,090 members
- Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 28MM F2 1,937 photos, 315 members
- Carl Zeiss Distagon 12,201 photos, 593 members
aizuddindanian doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Aizuddin Danian
- November 2011
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- I am:
- Volume of Interactions