You can find my blog here Volume of Interactions
My journey with photography started many years ago, as a young boy, when my father taught me how to use a manual focus Nikon RF. In those days, cameras only used film and focusing was not a point-and-click affair. As a 6 year old, it was magical: look into the RF, align the parallax lines to focus, then release the shutter. The photos that came back were not always in focus, but i remember spending hours pouring over the results, even the duds. Maybe it really was magic.
Fast forward time and i've never had a time in my life when i didn't own a camera, though as a teenager and young adult, it normally meant a simple point & shoot that was changed every so often as new model and tastes were released.
The next truly memorable camera i owned was in my mid-twenties, a Canon G9. As a scuba diver, i needed something that would allow me to take photos underwater, and the G9 fit the bill. It did it's job very well, but i always found it lacking when taking dry land shots.
Several years passed, and real life got in the way, photography took a back seat for a while. But lately, time and resources have become available and it's time to make a comeback.
My main motivation these days for everything i am is my family. Even with regards to photography. I realize that time passes so quickly, and my children are growing up before my eyes. If i blink, i'm liable to miss it all, or worse, forget the times i should remember. Photographs are a way to fortify the memories, to give a shape to a shade of the mind. If nothing else, as long as my photographs capture those moments, that will be enough for me.
Besides my family, street photography interests me. Give me a 35mm and drop me in a colourful busy street and i'll be happy. There is so much life in the streets, and the powerful thing about photography is it's ability to capture the essence of that life and tell whole stories with just a single exposure. To me, that brings back the magic of my first experience with cameras, with my dad's Nikon.
I'm not a great photographer, but i do take pride in the photos i take. So, i will always try my best to do the best. That has been how i approach anything i do in life, and it shouldn't be any different here. Eager to learn, fast to learn, a lifetime motto.
Thank you for reading this and viewing my photos. I invite you to join me in the journey, in search of the perfect photo.
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, Politics, and News 347,570 photos, 23,909 members
- in explore 176,970 photos, 12,250 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 427,673 photos, 103,422 members
- Sunrise, Sunset -- Anything Sun! 726,698 photos, 55,166 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 749,146 photos, 103,656 members
- "SEASCAPE" 75,524 photos, 3,718 members
- Seascape Central 15,353 photos, 1,826 members
- Fujifilm Folks 11,197 photos, 426 members
- Fuji x100s 53,769 photos, 5,087 members
- Fujifilm X100S Challenge 10,716 photos, 419 members
- The Mingthein.com B&W Challenge 581 photos, 497 members
- OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses Group 15,464 photos, 11,757 members
- Headphones 2,693 photos, 1,220 members
- No Rules Street Photography (NRSP) 31,872 photos, 1,984 members
- Ilford 79,450 photos, 5,723 members
- Portra [Kodak Portra Film] 124,651 photos, 10,104 members
- I Shoot Film 2,167,441 photos, 88,477 members
- LEICA PICS 48,889 photos, 819 members
- Models 287,088 photos, 13,718 members
- Russian Girls 2,010 photos, 590 members
- Leica M photography 150,777 photos, 4,970 members
- Rangefinders 119,703 photos, 2,530 members
- Canon EF 135mm f2 L 48,091 photos, 4,335 members
- Star Wars 50,177 photos, 5,397 members
- LEGO 272,961 photos, 13,421 members
- Strobist.com 588,528 photos, 117,568 members
- Olympus 75mm f/1.8 Micro Four Thirds Lens 11,358 photos, 1,160 members
- mingthein.com: the reader portfolio 14,613 photos, 1,464 members
- Harley's I've Met 4,065 photos, 300 members
- Concerts 404,306 photos, 12,776 members
- Concert Photography 187,271 photos, 34,774 members
- Leica MP 13,085 photos, 797 members
- World Street Food 6,203 photos, 679 members
- Olympus OM-D E-M1, E-M10 and E-M5 user 186,945 photos, 7,751 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,890,548 photos, 81,708 members
- Wedding Photography 223,922 photos, 46,156 members
- 16:9 Widescreen Creativity 5,870 photos, 312 members
- Seascapes and Shorelines 509,413 photos, 24,582 members
- A Child's Life 49,311 photos, 2,334 members
- Food around the world 103,911 photos, 10,259 members
- Still Life Photography 43,626 photos, 4,982 members
- Still Life Photography Selection (please read pool description) 8,615 photos, 11,892 members
- Books/libros/livros 12,252 photos, 2,553 members
- Putrajaya Malaysia 3,873 photos, 664 members
- Ladies in Niqab & Hijab 5,072 photos, 1,519 members
- 1-2-3 B&W (tag 123bw) 49,503 photos, 3,210 members
- 1-2-3 449,000 photos, 16,402 members
- Hands and feet of the world 7,948 photos, 1,660 members
- Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 28MM F2 1,283 photos, 159 members
- Carl Zeiss Distagon 5,439 photos, 358 members
aizuddindanian doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Aizuddin Danian
- November 2011
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- I am:
- Volume of Interactions