You can find my blog here Volume of Interactions
My journey with photography started many years ago, as a young boy, when my father taught me how to use a manual focus Nikon RF. In those days, cameras only used film and focusing was not a point-and-click affair. As a 6 year old, it was magical: look into the RF, align the parallax lines to focus, then release the shutter. The photos that came back were not always in focus, but i remember spending hours pouring over the results, even the duds. Maybe it really was magic.
Fast forward time and i've never had a time in my life when i didn't own a camera, though as a teenager and young adult, it normally meant a simple point & shoot that was changed every so often as new model and tastes were released.
The next truly memorable camera i owned was in my mid-twenties, a Canon G9. As a scuba diver, i needed something that would allow me to take photos underwater, and the G9 fit the bill. It did it's job very well, but i always found it lacking when taking dry land shots.
Several years passed, and real life got in the way, photography took a back seat for a while. But lately, time and resources have become available and it's time to make a comeback.
My main motivation these days for everything i am is my family. Even with regards to photography. I realize that time passes so quickly, and my children are growing up before my eyes. If i blink, i'm liable to miss it all, or worse, forget the times i should remember. Photographs are a way to fortify the memories, to give a shape to a shade of the mind. If nothing else, as long as my photographs capture those moments, that will be enough for me.
Besides my family, street photography interests me. Give me a 35mm and drop me in a colourful busy street and i'll be happy. There is so much life in the streets, and the powerful thing about photography is it's ability to capture the essence of that life and tell whole stories with just a single exposure. To me, that brings back the magic of my first experience with cameras, with my dad's Nikon.
I'm not a great photographer, but i do take pride in the photos i take. So, i will always try my best to do the best. That has been how i approach anything i do in life, and it shouldn't be any different here. Eager to learn, fast to learn, a lifetime motto.
Thank you for reading this and viewing my photos. I invite you to join me in the journey, in search of the perfect photo.
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, Politics, and News 464,524 photos, 31,092 members
- in explore 362,915 photos, 30,092 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 418,907 photos, 106,125 members
- Sunrise, Sunset -- Anything Sun! 841,588 photos, 59,839 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 850,728 photos, 111,449 members
- "SEASCAPE" 110,265 photos, 4,962 members
- Seascape Central 32,477 photos, 3,220 members
- Fujifilm Folks 23,649 photos, 889 members
- Fuji x100s 100,554 photos, 6,923 members
- Fujifilm X100S Challenge 15,636 photos, 554 members
- The Mingthein.com B&W Challenge 559 photos, 481 members
- OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses Group 21,599 photos, 13,796 members
- Headphones 2,956 photos, 1,283 members
- No Rules Street Photography (NRSP) 31,142 photos, 2,055 members
- Ilford 90,606 photos, 6,253 members
- Portra [Kodak Portra Film] 135,946 photos, 12,118 members
- I Shoot Film 2,314,991 photos, 94,321 members
- LEICA PICS 79,658 photos, 1,260 members
- Models 335,218 photos, 15,792 members
- Russian Girls 3,180 photos, 736 members
- Leica M photography 208,846 photos, 6,915 members
- Rangefinders 148,306 photos, 2,851 members
- Canon EF 135mm f2 L 58,821 photos, 5,308 members
- Star Wars 54,193 photos, 5,660 members
- LEGO 320,733 photos, 14,821 members
- Strobist.com 598,588 photos, 120,537 members
- Olympus 75mm f/1.8 Micro Four Thirds Lens 18,629 photos, 1,737 members
- mingthein.com: the reader portfolio 23,703 photos, 1,796 members
- Harley's I've Met 4,474 photos, 327 members
- Concerts 475,003 photos, 13,908 members
- Concert Photography 197,826 photos, 36,302 members
- Leica MP 15,384 photos, 986 members
- World Street Food 6,900 photos, 792 members
- Olympus OM-D E-M1, E-M10, E-M5 and E-M5II user 304,371 photos, 10,250 members
- flickr (unofficial) 2,930,953 photos, 92,141 members
- Wedding Photography 236,498 photos, 48,538 members
- 16:9 Widescreen Creativity 6,215 photos, 325 members
- Seascapes and Shorelines 600,457 photos, 27,388 members
- A Child's Life 72,270 photos, 2,908 members
- Food around the world 147,974 photos, 13,545 members
- Still Life Photography 63,500 photos, 6,442 members
- Still Life Photography Selection (please read pool description) 8,523 photos, 12,593 members
- Books/libros/livros 12,847 photos, 2,588 members
- Putrajaya Malaysia 3,776 photos, 674 members
- Ladies in Niqab & Hijab 5,029 photos, 1,652 members
- 1-2-3 B&W (tag 123bw) 50,672 photos, 3,223 members
- 1-2-3 462,740 photos, 16,709 members
- Hands and feet of the world 10,582 photos, 1,957 members
- Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 28MM F2 1,561 photos, 213 members
- Carl Zeiss Distagon 8,349 photos, 446 members
aizuddindanian doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Aizuddin Danian
- November 2011
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- I am:
- Volume of Interactions