I am a photographer and writer/blogger based in Bangalore, India. I enjoy peering through the camera. I love all kinds of photography, but gravitate towards people, nature, and travel photography.
I take up photo-shoot assignments; I enjoy doing natural, casual on-location shoots of families, children, couples, new-born kids.
I shoot weddings and events - also in a natural, authentic fashion. You can see samples of my assignments here - Chitra Aiyer Photography page on FaceBook
For photo-shoots, mail me - chitra @ chitra-aiyer . com
I blog at chitra-aiyer.com.
Interesting Pics from my Stream on interestingby.isaias.com.mx/pm.php?id=68998414@N00
The Cameras I use: Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon EOS 400D DSLR
The lenses I use:
Canon EF 100 MM F/2.8 USM Macro
Sigma EF 24 - 70 MM F/2.8
Canon EF 50MM F/1.8 II
Canon EF-S 18 - 55 MM F/3.5 - 5.6 Kit (don't use it anymore, but have shots from this on my stream)
Flash: Canon Speedlite 430EX II
Accessories: Hoya UV Filters
I use Photoshop and Lightroom for processing.
Thank you for all your visits and comments on my flickr stream. Much appreciated!
Please do not use my photographs without asking me. Feel free to send me a flickr mail if you want to use any of my photographs.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.
- Six Yards of Silk 361 photos, 61 members
- Ezee Travel 159 photos, 22 members
- Now, that's what I call Photography 421 photos, 53 members
- artland 1,211,937 photos, 43,226 members
- The Art Of Light. 9,290 photos, 260 members
- Jason D. Moore Photography - February 2010 Photo Contest 46 photos, 19 members
- Child Labour and Education International 2,989 photos, 683 members
- Candid King 2,695 photos, 234 members
- Bangalore Transact 0 photos, 703 members
- Bangalore Weekend Shoots 4,245 photos, 1,712 members
- Sigma 24-70/2.8 EX DG MACRO 30,191 photos, 2,210 members
- Indian Copyright Laws 51 photos, 271 members
- Top 20 India 143 photos, 663 members
- Dani's Actions 733 photos, 440 members
- Every day is Happy Bokeh Day ! 234,144 photos, 14,211 members
- The Great Jalaluddin Rumi 636 photos, 218 members
- DIYPhotography 62,290 photos, 12,523 members
- All Tutorials [AllEdges] 3,643 photos, 1,690 members
- Iluminación - How to Setup, Light & Shoot Great - (1post:2Com 9,068 photos, 2,110 members
- The Dictionary Of Image 4,036 photos, 1,504 members
- art of landscape 2,076 photos, 15,270 members
- Bangalore Weekend Shoo*s 15,529 photos, 670 members
- Scientist Photographers 21,846 photos, 3,410 members
- Textures for Layers 14,593 photos, 16,234 members
- Photoshop Support Group 327,767 photos, 35,867 members
- ThePCA - The Photography Club of Ahmedabad 44,357 photos, 1,650 members
- MALAYALIKKOOTTAM | മലയാളിക്കൂട്ടം 74,308 photos, 2,338 members
- ENSURE FUN 452 photos, 59 members
- Sepia & Toned Photo Awards (Awarded only) 23,109 photos, 5,389 members
- 50 MILLION MISSING: A CAMPAIGN TO END INDIA'S FEMALE GENDERCIDE 16,447 photos, 2,611 members
- Indian Images 515 photos, 45 members
- An Indian Portrait 61,239 photos, 3,742 members
- I Love India 82,657 photos, 2,149 members
- CHENNAI LENSMEN FORUM 77,861 photos, 2,625 members
- colourful India 26,578 photos, 513 members
- Where there is Love, there is Life :) 5,901 photos, 1,501 members
- photos from india 47,823 photos, 802 members
- National Geographic Wannabes 542,511 photos, 13,349 members
- India and Indians 279,213 photos, 8,960 members
- Minimalism 266,595 photos, 24,851 members
- The Portrait Group 3,067,394 photos, 166,860 members
- Interesting Portraits ☺ [people] 724,650 photos, 28,738 members
- Excellence in Flowerotica - Admin Invite Only 2,000 photos, 530 members
- Indian Vehicle Art 201 photos, 73 members
- DisSymmetry 37,451 photos, 1,881 members
- TIP-C (The Indian Photo Chat group) 5,808 photos, 783 members
- World Portraits: Close Up, 1 Face 3,677 photos, 1,275 members
- Natural Light Child Photography 422,924 photos, 38,425 members
- Bangalore Shutterbugs Group 47,061 photos, 3,368 members
- Flowerotica - Post ONE (1) COMMENT & AWARD 3 21,820 photos, 6,996 members
orange judge says:
"I'd like to call her the Portrait Lady. Anyone dares to disagree with me? :)"
June 7th, 2009
Pulok Pattanayak says:
"Her images are simple and at the same time, powerful; almost every image has poetic nature hidden within it."
June 1st, 2009
Amit Basu says:
"To call Chitra's photographs beautiful would be an understatement. She really has a way with light, shadows and color. So much so, that each photograph looks unique, each one tells a story.
I have seen Chitra's photostream for quite some time now, and it just gets better and better over time. She is one of the photographers I really admire on Flickr, mostly because of the simple but very artistic style of her photographs. Everyone takes photographs, but Chitra seems to get to the essence of the art of photography.
I am a fan."
March 5th, 2009
"One of the things that Chitra's photographs remind us day in and day out is that Life is Simple. I believe that in order to understand that statement and take photographs about it.. One has to have a strong belief it it.
The vibrancy of the colors and the harmonious juxtaposition of elements even in the most complex of frames, makes one realize the beauty of things all around us.
Thanks for sharing your vision.
September 30th, 2008
Dilip Muralidaran says:
"More than a Flickr Contact, i've had the pleasure of Knowing Chitra as a good friend from her early days at flickr. Time and again i've been reminded, simplicity and composition can beat the crap out of any "L" glass money can buy, Chitra is a fabulous example for that kind."
April 24th, 2008
Devansh Jhaveri says:
"The first thing that comes to mind about Chitra is Uniqueness and Variety of compositions.Ranging from Macro to potraits to abstract she is a complete photographer who believes in giving the Finishing touch to an already gr8 image to make it even more special.The vibrance of her photos shine through the heaps of photos on flickr"
April 23rd, 2008
invincible books says:
"Somehow I came across Chitra's photography and without thinking twice added her as a contact. The composition, colors, and objects in her photos are stunning. She brings a wonderful view of life in India."
April 22nd, 2008
"She is the Superstar among Indian Flickr members. I'm sure that say it all... A very kind person with an extraordinary eye for details. She consistently produces most amazing pictures with the lowest equipment and effort one can ever imagine. Kudos to you Chitra... nice seeing you around... I wish you the best for your future endeavors :)"
March 17th, 2008
ayashok photography says:
"Chitra's pictures are really sensible, personal, and have all a lot of style in them. She definitely has an eye for great pictures and it's always a great pleasure to view the new images in her stream.
She is a great and a wonderful person and she always manages to leave a comment. :)
"Her photos are never monotonous.
And now she is one of the best at TEXTURE work.
Looking at her photos, writing and reading comments on her stream have all been wonderful"
Special thankx to flickr......
Keep on doing your excellent work!"
February 22nd, 2008
p o o m b a t t a says:
"Her ability to transform every 'this and that' into an object for her photographs is what amazes me.She always manages to come up with some cool and innovative images,that are intelligently shot and beautifully composed.Keep up the brilliant work and thanks for being a darling friend :)"
September 11th, 2007
"Chitra has only been a contact of mine for a short time, but I always look forward to her images, not only is she a great photographer but her images portray her country and are always interesting and colorful.
She always takes the time to encourage and comments on her contacts images.
Thanks so much for sharing a bit of your life with us Chitra."
September 5th, 2007
Mahesh Telkar says:
"Chitra, one of my favorite flickr friends. I don't remember how I found her, but when I first saw her photostream, I could sense the warm feeling in her shots. I find the 'Indianness' in her pics and thats what I like about her pics. As for now she has got 30+ pictures that made to explore in a very short period. Wishing her all the best! Happy Clicking Chirtra !!!"
August 30th, 2007
" I would like to take the opportunity to be the first to write a testimonial for Chitra. She has an immense talent for photography and a great eye for composition. Her photostream is a delight to browse through. Her photo collection is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing such awesome pictures and being an excellent support. Keep up the good work my friend
September 3rd, 2007
- Chitra Aiyer
- December 2006
- Bangalore, India
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Photographer, Freelance writer
- Chitra Aiyer Photography
- chitra_aiyer [at] yahoo.com