From the age of eight, I started wearing glasses.
From the age of eighteen, I started wearing contacts.
From the age of twenty-eight, I started wearing a digital camera.
This is my "visual" history in a nutshell :-)
Although my profession has to do with the written words, I find words limiting. Therefore I seek expression of my soul through the visual art.
"Do not the most moving moments of our lives find us without words?"
Photos of Airchild (1)
- Flickr Friday 31,811 photos, 37,465 members
- Cooking.com 17,102 photos, 993 members
- Real Scandinavia 8,330 photos, 408 members
- Just Around the World 6,870 photos, 306 members
- Dance Advantage - Dance Photography 1,036 photos, 187 members
- ballet, balett, ballo, bale 19,231 photos, 2,901 members
- Specifically Two People 3,672 photos, 299 members
- Best of Cats (Invited Photos only) 62,695 photos, 19,478 members
- The Big Blue Planet *sweeper IS active* 28,662 photos, 1,616 members
- people working 6,060 photos, 265 members
- Charming Old Homes 3,510 photos, 262 members
- Ballet & Dance 37,070 photos, 3,584 members
- Best Buildings 3,397 photos, 312 members
- Art Poésie Musique 3,819 photos, 347 members
- Passionately Pink for the Cure 65,467 photos, 12,970 members
- Dumpr And FlickrToys Fun 6,106 photos, 283 members
- MOO (MiniCards, Business Cards & More, Printed by MOO) 13,948 photos, 12,907 members
- You Think this is Art 1,956,909 photos, 72,628 members
- Abstract Paintings 57,087 photos, 3,752 members
- Paintings from you... THE ARTIST 95,940 photos, 4,671 members
- The Art & Architecture of Paul Rudolph 6,175 photos, 620 members
- Outstanding Animal Photos (15 favs or more please!) 130 photos, 289 members
- Shakespeare and Company 843 photos, 305 members
- C.A.F.E. 117 photos, 1,687 members
- Original Artwork ATCs 5,477 photos, 404 members
- Cats Sniffing Flowers - P1/A2 5,987 photos, 1,680 members
- awnnn 3,542 photos, 414 members
- pastel ( ONLY soft colors!) 81,568 photos, 5,696 members
- french cuisine 2,549 photos, 233 members
- 230 COUNTRIES 32,161 photos, 1,139 members
- The Baker and The Stagiere 57 photos, 30 members
- The Writing on the Wall (no graffiti, no street art) 2,187 photos, 298 members
- I've got a tortiseshell too! 1,447 photos, 141 members
- Just Street Photography 2,334,331 photos, 74,284 members
- Temples 1,463 photos, 67 members
- Architecture-Building & Construction 311,528 photos, 10,738 members
- spring freaks 11,814 photos, 831 members
- Colors of the World 2,584,193 photos, 64,820 members
- India and Indians 253,118 photos, 8,159 members
- Hong Kong 香港 359,260 photos, 15,497 members
- Public Transportation 193,082 photos, 1,150 members
- Food & Drinks Directory 90,685 photos, 2,447 members
- Fruits 15,824 photos, 2,808 members
- Someone LOVES this shot!!! (SUBMISSIONS BY INVITATION ONLY!!) 110 photos, 123 members
- Happy Birthday! 6,402 photos, 2,143 members
- Outstanding Landscape Photos - 15 favourites and above 1,330 photos, 661 members
- sunbeams 4,609 photos, 830 members
- The Universal Smile's Year / O Ano Universal do Sorriso 4,599 photos, 850 members
- Virtual Christmas Cards 119 photos, 28 members
- 2005-Your Single Best Photo 1,353 photos, 1,983 members
Wattwurm's View says:
""Airchild" is one of my "old" friends from Fotolog and it's pretty good seeing her photos here too. I like her as a lovely and warmhearted person with an excellent eye for the beauties of the nature in her new home - even if it's 'cold' there! ;)
It's a BIG pleasure to see how she is sharing her view of 'things' with us
Thank you, Louisa! :)"
October 25th, 2005
Duck Parade Comics says:
"Louisa has a remarkable ability to capture the essence of the natural world with her photography. Perhaps it's because she has such a wonderful personality--warm, friendly, and kind. Her photographs are always a delight to see, and her friendship is something to treasure."
September 13th, 2005
"Thanx to Louisa's journey from age of eight to age of Twenty-Eight(from wearing glasses to wearing camera)Not only she got benefited also provided treat for all of us,so that we could see her beautiful world and words.
she is lovely person to know also gives genuine feedback to my pics.I always learn something from her pics.Her world is so colourful and beautiful.
I wish her All the best!!"
August 31st, 2005
"I got to know Airchild and her photos first at fotolog.net. Since then I am enjoying her lovely images and the stories she tells along with them, especially her family-set and the views she shares with us from or better about Sweden. Oh and she also is a very kind and loving person who loves cats! :)"
July 4th, 2005
"Airchild's photostream is always a joy to visit. She has a perfect mix of fantastic imagery and a sneak peak into the everyday Airchild life & worldview. I challenge anyone not to find something of interest among her photos. Just as/more importantly, from her comments and emails it is abundantly clear what a generous and warm-hearted person she is too. Long may she touch the lives of us fellow Flickrees."
January 28th, 2005
"I don't write many testimonials, but I have been spending some time browsing Airchild's work and I must comment.
This woman could easily work as a professional photographer. Her photo art is not just technically well done, but she sees all the aspects of photography - light, color, balance, etc. - and creates photos that catch the moment and define personality in people, pets, and places. While everyone catches the occasional great shot, Airchild's are consistently high quality with a rate that denotes true talent. Her images stay in my mind for weeks."
November 26th, 2004
"When I was a child, I adored picture postcards. I often thought, even then, that "this must be a real photograph." It was too good to be true, in a sense. That's what I feel when seeing these shots."
October 29th, 2004
- September 2004
- I am:
- Female and Taken