The very short version:
Telling it like it is.
The short version:
in no particular order.....
entrepreneur, textile designer, photographer, computer programmer, father, husband, adventurer, sailor, mountain biker, artist, teacher, hiker, volunteer, friend, and lover.
My Interestingness set is here.
The long version:
I grew up in a household where both my mother and father spent time in our basement darkroom, developing and printing pictures. I had my hands in the hypo at age 7, and when I was 10 I was surprised to find out that knowing how to make photos was not common knowledge. I thought everyone knew how to use an enlarger!
I was trained in architecture, but a desire to be more "hands on" led me to start a textile screen printing business, ZOO-INK Screen Print. Specializing in printing running yardage for the interiors industry, we became well known and sold our fabric around the world. Many pieces are now in private collections and museums, including the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum (Smithsonian) in New York.
Photography has always been a hobby. I spent many years documenting my backpacking trips around the country, and longer treks in other parts of the world. My favorite camera was an Olympus OM-1, with a series of fixed focal length lenses. I shot Kodachrome slides, and my end product was generally a slide show set to music, with a little narration.
The digital revolution has reinvigorated my interest in Photography. Like many other Flickrites, I love the added control a computer can provide to fine tune my expression.
I have never classified myself as a certain type of photographer - I just know what I don't do. When outdoors, I will shoot anything that moves, and often things that don't move.
The scientist in me leads me to a documentary approach, in that I do not like the manipulation of photos - all I want to do is record what is there. My expression is revealed where I point the camera and when I click the shutter. Pure and simple.
I have a huge body of photographic work, some of which is experimental in nature, and someday I will put some of these on this site. For now, though, I am enamored with the immediacy that Flickr offers, and find the most fun in sharing, discussing, and commenting on recent moments.
What a great site!
- Sony Alpha A6500 8,718 photos, 731 members
- 2018 San Francisco 2,576 photos, 43 members
- Hanalei Plantation Resort 122 photos, 25 members
- Kauai, Hawaii 22,660 photos, 1,795 members
- Your Best Shot 2017 5,960 photos, 7,736 members
- Model Ships and Boats 12,661 photos, 662 members
- New Orleans 84,724 photos, 3,862 members
- Total Solar Eclipse 2017 - NASA 3,675 photos, 2,242 members
- Solar Eclipse 2017 USA 1,550 photos, 544 members
- Textile Art 13,236 photos, 738 members
- Textiles 12,258 photos, 2,044 members
- Math World 6,379 photos, 1,093 members
- March for Science 3,483 photos, 151 members
- 500 Days Towards Trumplessness 10,454 photos, 664 members
- US and World Politics 3,220 photos, 49 members
- Street Photography 3,317 photos, 45,142 members
- Zermatt 3,481 photos, 406 members
- Clocks of the World 25,148 photos, 4,125 members
- Clocks 14,848 photos, 2,814 members
- Mountain Lakes 35,169 photos, 3,191 members
- Celebrate #selfie 22,804 photos, 3,380 members
- SNOW !! 48,624 photos, 4,023 members
- World Railway Stations of Today 6,067 photos, 529 members
- Train Stations 82,805 photos, 5,426 members
- Matterhorn / Cervin / Cervino 2,895 photos, 497 members
- Hiking Switzerland 2,870 photos, 105 members
- Schweiz / Suisse / Switzerland 148,425 photos, 2,508 members
- Panorama Schweiz Suisse Svizzera Switzerland (Panos only) 3,285 photos, 303 members
- Switzerland 307,754 photos, 11,895 members
- Sony a6000, 6300, 6500 93,095 photos, 4,553 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Mark III & Mark IV Group 953,956 photos, 28,157 members
- Museums of the World 76,998 photos, 912 members
- WASHINGTON, DC 8,983 photos, 854 members
- Collections 47,145 photos, 1,396 members
- wave porn 25,082 photos, 2,368 members
- USS Missouri (BB 63) 290 photos, 95 members
- Oahu 15,433 photos, 911 members
- California King Tides Photo Initiative 2,683 photos, 471 members
- Your Best Shot 2015 24,357 photos, 41,932 members
- Public Art 39,315 photos, 1,464 members
- Decisive Moment 2,393 photos, 38,272 members
- Of Me 216,496 photos, 15,625 members
- Windmills 35,748 photos, 6,710 members
- Panorama Experiments 76,516 photos, 5,344 members
- Pacifica California 478 photos, 26 members
- HALLOWEEN WORLDWIDE 42,096 photos, 7,267 members
- Sign City 266,842 photos, 11,800 members
- Great Signs 114,073 photos, 5,423 members
- Burning Man 2016: Da Vinci’s Workshop 966 photos, 114 members
- Abstract Architecture 69,632 photos, 4,662 members
AGrinberg doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Alan Grinberg
- February 2007
- Pacifica, California, United States
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Photographs by Alan Grinberg