The very short version:
Telling it like it is.
The short version:
in no particular order.....
entrepreneur, textile designer, photographer, computer programmer, father, husband, adventurer, sailor, mountain biker, artist, teacher, hiker, volunteer, friend, and lover.
My Interestingness set is here.
The long version:
I grew up in a household where both my mother and father spent time in our basement darkroom, developing and printing pictures. I had my hands in the hypo at age 7, and when I was 10 I was surprised to find out that knowing how to make photos was not common knowledge. I thought everyone knew how to use an enlarger!
I was trained in architecture, but a desire to be more "hands on" led me to start a textile screen printing business, ZOO-INK Screen Print. Specializing in printing running yardage for the interiors industry, we became well known and sold our fabric around the world. Many pieces are now in private collections and museums, including the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum (Smithsonian) in New York.
Photography has always been a hobby. I spent many years documenting my backpacking trips around the country, and longer treks in other parts of the world. My favorite camera was an Olympus OM-1, with a series of fixed focal length lenses. I shot Kodachrome slides, and my end product was generally a slide show set to music, with a little narration.
The digital revolution has reinvigorated my interest in Photography. Like many other Flickrites, I love the added control a computer can provide to fine tune my expression.
I have never classified myself as a certain type of photographer - I just know what I don't do. When outdoors, I will shoot anything that moves, and often things that don't move.
The scientist in me leads me to a documentary approach, in that I do not like the manipulation of photos - all I want to do is record what is there. My expression is revealed where I point the camera and when I click the shutter. Pure and simple.
I have a huge body of photographic work, some of which is experimental in nature, and someday I will put some of these on this site. For now, though, I am enamored with the immediacy that Flickr offers, and find the most fun in sharing, discussing, and commenting on recent moments.
What a great site!
- Flickr Heroes 1,039 photos, 870 members
- Street! 316,448 photos, 8,036 members
- SF Pride 2015 461 photos, 23 members
- Singletrackworld- mountain biking photos 9,005 photos, 1,140 members
- PanoLab: iPhone Panoramas 862 photos, 203 members
- Apple iPhone Panoramas (native camera app) 1,640 photos, 221 members
- California Drought 81 photos, 17 members
- Burning Man 2015 : Carnival of Mirrors 2 photos, 36 members
- Colors! 57,869 photos, 2,100 members
- Colors of the World: Life Is Color! 7,541 photos, 5,439 members
- FILM. 402,428 photos, 8,656 members
- Nepal Images 65,124 photos, 4,206 members
- 10,000 Views Unlimited 10000 5,133 photos, 595 members
- Flickr Friday 18,318 photos, 27,684 members
- Bad Signs 22,195 photos, 3,984 members
- Maui, Hawaii 30,056 photos, 1,968 members
- Bicycle as Art 11,582 photos, 1,455 members
- Fleetwood Mac 282 photos, 59 members
- The Best Photographers On Flickr! 2,704 photos, 191 members
- Thanksgiving 1,385 photos, 366 members
- Canon G7X 7,552 photos, 717 members
- Lake Tahoe 12,492 photos, 1,876 members
- Burning Man 2014 : Caravansary 1,603 photos, 126 members
- Ships of the Night 2,085 photos, 204 members
- Mountains and Wildflowers 689 photos, 76 members
- Crested Butte, Colorado 674 photos, 79 members
- Colorado! 109,332 photos, 5,364 members
- Effected Cameras 24,903 photos, 2,040 members
- Alcatraz 7,977 photos, 1,293 members
- Memorials 14,568 photos, 1,217 members
- Cockatiel 1,249 photos, 199 members
- I love Cockatiels 3,059 photos, 565 members
- Aerial pictures 22,811 photos, 1,240 members
- Bay Nature 27,245 photos, 916 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 11,111 photos, 13,925 members
- Pacific Seascapes 4,533 photos, 477 members
- Sail 9,611 photos, 1,789 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 700 photos, 1,206 members
- America's Cup San Francisco 1,716 photos, 100 members
- Burning Man 2013 : Cargo Cult 2,034 photos, 140 members
- Burning Man Art Installations 2,328 photos, 193 members
- Mountains of the US 802 photos, 64 members
- Fortresses, forts & fortifications of the World (photo guide) 78,434 photos, 5,195 members
- Sad boats 4,993 photos, 1,084 members
- Point Lobos State Reserve 1,556 photos, 227 members
- Bay to Breakers 2013 297 photos, 52 members
- travel and social reportage 57,380 photos, 2,124 members
- An Indian Portrait 51,898 photos, 3,435 members
- Explore India 46,553 photos, 1,293 members
- 卐 Sun Wheel - The Ancient Swastika 卍 1,724 photos, 181 members
AGrinberg doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Alan Grinberg
- February 2007
- Pacifica, California, United States
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Photographs by Alan Grinberg