The very short version:
Telling it like it is.
The short version:
in no particular order.....
entrepreneur, textile designer, photographer, computer programmer, father, husband, adventurer, sailor, mountain biker, artist, teacher, hiker, volunteer, friend, and lover.
My Interestingness set is here.
The long version:
I grew up in a household where both my mother and father spent time in our basement darkroom, developing and printing pictures. I had my hands in the hypo at age 7, and when I was 10 I was surprised to find out that knowing how to make photos was not common knowledge. I thought everyone knew how to use an enlarger!
I was trained in architecture, but a desire to be more "hands on" led me to start a textile screen printing business, ZOO-INK Screen Print. Specializing in printing running yardage for the interiors industry, we became well known and sold our fabric around the world. Many pieces are now in private collections and museums, including the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum (Smithsonian) in New York.
Photography has always been a hobby. I spent many years documenting my backpacking trips around the country, and longer treks in other parts of the world. My favorite camera was an Olympus OM-1, with a series of fixed focal length lenses. I shot Kodachrome slides, and my end product was generally a slide show set to music, with a little narration.
The digital revolution has reinvigorated my interest in Photography. Like many other Flickrites, I love the added control a computer can provide to fine tune my expression.
I have never classified myself as a certain type of photographer - I just know what I don't do. When outdoors, I will shoot anything that moves, and often things that don't move.
The scientist in me leads me to a documentary approach, in that I do not like the manipulation of photos - all I want to do is record what is there. My expression is revealed where I point the camera and when I click the shutter. Pure and simple.
I have a huge body of photographic work, some of which is experimental in nature, and someday I will put some of these on this site. For now, though, I am enamored with the immediacy that Flickr offers, and find the most fun in sharing, discussing, and commenting on recent moments.
What a great site!
- Flickr Heroes 2,432 photos, 1,466 members
- Street! 326,818 photos, 8,302 members
- SF Pride 2015 537 photos, 26 members
- Singletrackworld- mountain biking photos 9,036 photos, 1,144 members
- PanoLab: iPhone Panoramas 899 photos, 205 members
- Apple iPhone Panoramas (native camera app) 1,687 photos, 226 members
- California Drought 82 photos, 17 members
- Burning Man 2015 : Carnival of Mirrors 700 photos, 87 members
- Colors! 60,628 photos, 2,163 members
- Colors of the World: Life Is Color! 7,540 photos, 5,550 members
- FILM. 411,118 photos, 8,806 members
- Nepal Images 65,316 photos, 4,233 members
- 10,000 Views Unlimited 10000 5,290 photos, 625 members
- Flickr Friday 18,815 photos, 28,380 members
- Bad Signs 22,228 photos, 3,985 members
- Maui, Hawaii 30,228 photos, 1,971 members
- Bicycle as Art 11,680 photos, 1,461 members
- Fleetwood Mac 282 photos, 59 members
- The Best Photographers On Flickr! 2,879 photos, 191 members
- Thanksgiving 1,380 photos, 366 members
- Canon G7X 8,439 photos, 765 members
- Lake Tahoe 12,600 photos, 1,888 members
- Burning Man 2014 : Caravansary 1,604 photos, 129 members
- Ships of the Night 2,130 photos, 210 members
- Mountains and Wildflowers 704 photos, 77 members
- Crested Butte, Colorado 674 photos, 79 members
- Colorado! 110,579 photos, 5,397 members
- Effected Cameras 25,806 photos, 2,096 members
- Alcatraz 7,989 photos, 1,298 members
- Memorials 14,911 photos, 1,226 members
- Cockatiel 1,254 photos, 199 members
- I love Cockatiels 3,060 photos, 565 members
- Aerial pictures 23,207 photos, 1,261 members
- Bay Nature 27,487 photos, 919 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 11,087 photos, 13,879 members
- Pacific Seascapes 4,622 photos, 485 members
- Sail 9,833 photos, 1,831 members
- Absolute Quality Gallery ~ Invite only 704 photos, 1,219 members
- America's Cup San Francisco 1,716 photos, 100 members
- Burning Man 2013 : Cargo Cult 2,034 photos, 142 members
- Burning Man Art Installations 2,394 photos, 195 members
- Mountains of the US 826 photos, 65 members
- Fortresses, forts & fortifications of the World (photo guide) 78,828 photos, 5,218 members
- Sad boats 5,054 photos, 1,096 members
- Point Lobos State Reserve 1,565 photos, 226 members
- Bay to Breakers 2013 296 photos, 52 members
- travel and social reportage 55,608 photos, 2,094 members
- An Indian Portrait 52,212 photos, 3,448 members
- Explore India 47,868 photos, 1,322 members
- 卐 Sun Wheel - The Ancient Swastika 卍 1,727 photos, 183 members
AGrinberg doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Alan Grinberg
- February 2007
- Pacifica, California, United States
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Photographs by Alan Grinberg