My name is Beau Wade and I am a User Interface Designer, Photographer, and Frequent Traveler. Originally from the state of Oklahoma, I have lived in many states in the midwestern United States. Over the past decade, I have traveled and worked in several locations around the world from Sydney, Australia to New York City. Currently I am doing contracting work which takes me all over the globe. I love what I do and and I have a passion for design and photography. You can find out more about me at beauwade.org.
Published for print and digital media by such companies as
Jeep, Inc., Ogilvy and Mather Advertising, American Express Finance, American Express Publishing (Travel), New York Magazine Time Out, New York Magazine, Ackerman McQueen Advertising, Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department, Western Australian Tourism Council, Skyscraper Museum, HGTV, GLIMPSE magazine, Stanford Scientific Magazine, Mirage Productions, Design Sponge Online.com, New West Magazine, Panraven Inc., Taylor and Francis Publishing, BannerCaswell Productions, Veria TV / DISH network, University of North Carolina Press, University of Oklahoma Press, Google Inc., Yahoo! Answers, Linus, 8th Grade Student, and more...
Use of my Photos / Licensing:
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
If you would like to use one of my photos for your non-profit use, please email me and let me know which one and what you would like to use it for. I would expect credit is given to me by name with a link back to either my personal website or my flickr stream. * To license one of my photos for limited or unlimited use, please email me or visit www.beauwade.org.
twitter - vimeo - youtube
- Apple MacBook Pro 17" (2010 - )
- Canon EOS 5Dmk2 (2010 - )
- Apple iPhone 4 (2010 - )
- Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM (2006 - )
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II (2006 - )
- Flip HD Video (2008 - 2010)
- Canon EOS 30D (2006 - 2010)
- Nikon Coolpix 5700 (2003 - 2006)
- Canon film 35mm (1992 - 2003)
- Sigma DC 18-200mm 1:3.5-6.3
- Project Weather 517,075 photos, 80,232 members
- It's (still) not about you! 31,971 photos, 3,970 members
- STORMSCAPES 12,863 photos, 1,386 members
- OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER NBA 62 photos, 175 members
- Bricktown Oklahoma City 1,180 photos, 193 members
- artland 766,199 photos, 35,726 members
- City Skylines 28,055 photos, 2,829 members
- Gnarly Sunset - The Best Sunsets and Sunrises Online 15,437 photos, 732 members
- E∂ιte∂ Pořtřαιts - Moderators needed 15,523 photos, 1,211 members
- PLANET EARTH OUR HOME 375,628 photos, 9,935 members
- Melbourne Architecture 22,114 photos, 1,417 members
- Bicycle Addicts 40,402 photos, 1,814 members
- Durango and Beyond 23 photos, 4 members
- Clouds, Storms, Sunsets & Sunrises 312,094 photos, 18,227 members
- Canon 17-40 f/4L USM Group 177,054 photos, 9,416 members
- Canon 5D Mark II at Night 4,895 photos, 443 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EOS 5D Mark III Group 750,878 photos, 25,603 members
- Apple iPhone 4 28,094 photos, 868 members
- MSM Inc: unsensored10 167 photos, 49 members
- Melbourne 159,649 photos, 7,291 members
- Melbourne at Night 18,240 photos, 2,393 members
- Austin 87,328 photos, 4,671 members
- California Coast (The California Coast) 43,248 photos, 1,899 members
- Art in Black and White 258,621 photos, 12,502 members
- flickr@paris 3,672 photos, 3,016 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 417,725 photos, 106,065 members
- Low key 35,606 photos, 6,401 members
- Hudson River 9,609 photos, 540 members
- NinianLif's texture addicts 25,564 photos, 3,590 members
- *Swoon 39,490 photos, 1,529 members
- We travel the World 874,432 photos, 39,813 members
- Self Taught Photographers - LOOK AT DISCUSSIONS FIRST! 1,419,915 photos, 56,563 members
- State Capitols 7,692 photos, 928 members
- flickr Models 45,324 photos, 2,289 members
- Praise and curse of the city 93,873 photos, 2,970 members
- Lonely City - Normally busy places -empty of people 9,106 photos, 1,071 members
- ->> NiGht ShotS <<- 42,287 photos, 1,402 members
- City at Night ! 86,678 photos, 4,622 members
- Amazing Views 39,564 photos, 1,549 members
- Landmarks around the world 18,139 photos, 1,642 members
- Gothamist 202,692 photos, 3,806 members
- Powerful Portraits 159,220 photos, 6,362 members
- Portraiture 821,134 photos, 31,055 members
- Adobe Photoshop CS (all CS versions) 242,287 photos, 13,860 members
- Paris 358,754 photos, 44,276 members
- Urban Nature 176,768 photos, 48,469 members
- Top 20 Children's Portraits 21 photos, 1,687 members
- Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge 4,223 photos, 328 members
- 52 week bokeholics. 352 photos, 52 members
- Symmetry in Motion 6,335 photos, 1,214 members
"From Scotland to Thailand to the land Down Under, from Ms. Omey Island to Manhattan Island to the beautiful islands of Hawaii, Beau is a prolific photographer who has not only seen a significant part of this wonderful world, he has taken thousands of photos to show us how truly wonderful it is.
Although he is a recovering (diet coke) addict and a ardent narcissist, has this fetish for kangaroos and will let his friends foolishly hop around for hours in public just to please him, having recently met him in person I now know why women like to crowd around him wherever he goes—a charmer, a gentleman, a man for all seasons, Master Wade is someone worth getting to know.
Author of 25 Lessons I’ve Learned about Photography,
the #1 Photo Essay and Artist Biography on Amazon.com for 2010!
November 3rd, 2010
"What more can I say, the dude has 44 on explore!"
August 28th, 2007
"Beau is a wonderful photographer. One whom I would steal photos from if there wasn't some copyright stuff I would have to deal with. He is not only someone who can take a good picture but always has a good story behind it. I met Beau while searching for a picture of "the perfect man" and there he was in a self portrait shot. :) Weird, I know. He is one of the last do-gooders of his time and even though he is one of the oldest photographers I know, he is still able to hold up his camera, take a perfect shot and hand a homeless man a buck. Beau has a great eye (the other is patched and waiting for a glass replacement) and catches moments of his son like no other (picking up his false teeth, brushing the 4 hairs on his head, adjusting his cane length) and can make a bad day look BEAUtiful. Buy Beau products...they are good for the environment. :)"
July 7th, 2007
"For someone I just came across on this old internet, I've been completely spellbound by Mr Wade's photographic abilities. He takes the sort of photographs I could only dream of matching in technique, and as such, I've become a regular visitor to see what he's going to snap next..."
June 6th, 2007
"Beau rescued me from a dark Brooklyn stairwell at 3 am nearly a year ago, and didn't even murder me in my sleep.
How's that fer awesome?"
January 17th, 2007
Hell's Attik says:
"Beau (or “Beau The Blade Wade", as he is known in many a 'land) is sharp and intense, like a scalpel only much more menacing. He is an eye candy it-guy airbrushed over a deadly pufferfish exterior, entrancing, pointy and poisonous. But inside this delectable hovering menace lives a raucous bright-eyed teddy bear bored to tears, cursed by a dearth of playmates who can't even understand the games it wants to play. Left to its own devices, it scratches, rends, and chews on passersby and hangers-on alike, maybe vainly seeking kindred spirits of destruction to finally provide worthwhile ritual engagement. Or maybe it just likes to tear shit up. As much as I can heterosexually love another man, my heart belongs to Beau."
January 9th, 2007
"Famous for his black & white landscape photographs of the national parks (Manly Beach, Australia), and as an author of numerous books about photography, including his trilogy of technical instruction manuals (The Camera, The Negative and The Print). He co-founded the photographic association Group f/64 along with other masters like Edward Weston, Willard Van Dyke, Imogen Cunningham and others.
He invented the zone system, a technique which allows photographers to translate the light they see into specific densities on negatives and paper, thus giving them better control over finished photographs. Beau also pioneered the idea of visualization (which he often called 'previsualization', though he later acknowledged that term to be a redundancy) of the finished print based upon the measured light values in the scene being photographed.
Oh wait, are we talking about Beau? Beau Wade? Crap…this interview is over, get that camera out of here."
October 17th, 2005
"My dad is really really cool."
September 7th, 2005
- Beau Wade
- October 2004
- Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma City, United States
- I am:
- UX Designer