My name is Beau Wade and I am a User Interface Designer, Photographer, and Frequent Traveler. Originally from the state of Oklahoma, I have lived in many states in the midwestern United States. Over the past decade, I have traveled and worked in several locations around the world from Sydney, Australia to New York City. Currently I am doing contracting work which takes me all over the globe. I love what I do and and I have a passion for design and photography. You can find out more about me at beauwade.org.
Published for print and digital media by such companies as
Jeep, Inc., Ogilvy and Mather Advertising, American Express Finance, American Express Publishing (Travel), New York Magazine Time Out, New York Magazine, Ackerman McQueen Advertising, Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department, Western Australian Tourism Council, Skyscraper Museum, HGTV, GLIMPSE magazine, Stanford Scientific Magazine, Mirage Productions, Design Sponge Online.com, New West Magazine, Panraven Inc., Taylor and Francis Publishing, BannerCaswell Productions, Veria TV / DISH network, University of North Carolina Press, University of Oklahoma Press, Google Inc., Yahoo! Answers, Linus, 8th Grade Student, and more...
Use of my Photos / Licensing:
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
If you would like to use one of my photos for your non-profit use, please email me and let me know which one and what you would like to use it for. I would expect credit is given to me by name with a link back to either my personal website or my flickr stream. * To license one of my photos for limited or unlimited use, please email me or visit www.beauwade.org.
twitter - vimeo - youtube
- Apple MacBook Pro 17" (2010 - )
- Canon EOS 5Dmk2 (2010 - )
- Apple iPhone 4 (2010 - )
- Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM (2006 - )
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II (2006 - )
- Flip HD Video (2008 - 2010)
- Canon EOS 30D (2006 - 2010)
- Nikon Coolpix 5700 (2003 - 2006)
- Canon film 35mm (1992 - 2003)
- Sigma DC 18-200mm 1:3.5-6.3
- It's (still) not about you! 30,365 photos, 3,953 members
- STORMSCAPES 9,602 photos, 1,000 members
- OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER NBA 62 photos, 144 members
- Bricktown Oklahoma City 1,204 photos, 193 members
- artland 602,375 photos, 30,694 members
- City Skylines 22,181 photos, 2,163 members
- Gnarly Sunset - The Best Sunsets and Sunrises Online 13,532 photos, 718 members
- E∂ιte∂ Pořtřαιts - Human Only 24,355 photos, 1,636 members
- PLANET EARTH OUR HOME 231,713 photos, 6,476 members
- Melbourne Architecture 18,904 photos, 1,339 members
- Bicycle Addicts 33,680 photos, 1,545 members
- Durango and Beyond 20 photos, 2 members
- Clouds, Storms, Sunsets & Sunrises 182,953 photos, 11,520 members
- Canon 17-40 f/4L USM Group 151,595 photos, 8,733 members
- Canon 5D Mark II at Night 4,561 photos, 413 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II and EOS 5D Mark III Group 632,158 photos, 23,873 members
- Apple iPhone 4 27,858 photos, 893 members
- MSM Inc: unsensored10 167 photos, 49 members
- Melbourne 149,953 photos, 6,960 members
- Melbourne at Night 16,562 photos, 2,113 members
- Austin 82,181 photos, 4,460 members
- California Coast (The California Coast) 36,731 photos, 1,758 members
- Art in Black and White 173,837 photos, 10,225 members
- flickr@paris 3,678 photos, 3,046 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 427,653 photos, 103,450 members
- Low key 27,161 photos, 5,683 members
- Hudson River 8,365 photos, 517 members
- NinianLif's texture addicts 25,668 photos, 3,630 members
- *Swoon 36,895 photos, 1,489 members
- We travel the World 720,431 photos, 35,997 members
- Self Taught Photographers - LOOK AT DISCUSSIONS FIRST! 1,303,699 photos, 53,527 members
- State Capitols 8,839 photos, 874 members
- flickr Models 30,512 photos, 1,907 members
- Praise and curse of the city 87,602 photos, 2,965 members
- Lonely City - Normally busy places -empty of people 9,559 photos, 1,071 members
- ->> NiGht ShotS <<- 36,487 photos, 1,266 members
- City at Night ! 69,107 photos, 3,901 members
- Amazing Views 35,870 photos, 1,416 members
- Landmarks around the world 20,486 photos, 1,597 members
- Gothamist 188,074 photos, 3,653 members
- Powerful Portraits 102,011 photos, 4,497 members
- Portraiture 693,339 photos, 27,219 members
- Adobe Photoshop CS (all CS versions) 217,033 photos, 13,536 members
- Paris 318,190 photos, 38,678 members
- Urban Nature 177,043 photos, 40,676 members
- Top 20 Children's Portraits 19 photos, 1,617 members
- Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge 3,720 photos, 293 members
- 52 week bokeholics. 327 photos, 52 members
- Symmetry in Motion 5,641 photos, 1,168 members
- Flickr 888 4,791 photos, 10,367 members
"From Scotland to Thailand to the land Down Under, from Ms. Omey Island to Manhattan Island to the beautiful islands of Hawaii, Beau is a prolific photographer who has not only seen a significant part of this wonderful world, he has taken thousands of photos to show us how truly wonderful it is.
Although he is a recovering (diet coke) addict and a ardent narcissist, has this fetish for kangaroos and will let his friends foolishly hop around for hours in public just to please him, having recently met him in person I now know why women like to crowd around him wherever he goes—a charmer, a gentleman, a man for all seasons, Master Wade is someone worth getting to know.
Author of 25 Lessons I’ve Learned about Photography,
the #1 Photo Essay and Artist Biography on Amazon.com for 2010!
3rd November, 2010
"What more can I say, the dude has 44 on explore!"
28th August, 2007
"Beau is a wonderful photographer. One whom I would steal photos from if there wasn't some copyright stuff I would have to deal with. He is not only someone who can take a good picture but always has a good story behind it. I met Beau while searching for a picture of "the perfect man" and there he was in a self portrait shot. :) Weird, I know. He is one of the last do-gooders of his time and even though he is one of the oldest photographers I know, he is still able to hold up his camera, take a perfect shot and hand a homeless man a buck. Beau has a great eye (the other is patched and waiting for a glass replacement) and catches moments of his son like no other (picking up his false teeth, brushing the 4 hairs on his head, adjusting his cane length) and can make a bad day look BEAUtiful. Buy Beau products...they are good for the environment. :)"
7th July, 2007
"For someone I just came across on this old internet, I've been completely spellbound by Mr Wade's photographic abilities. He takes the sort of photographs I could only dream of matching in technique, and as such, I've become a regular visitor to see what he's going to snap next..."
6th June, 2007
"Beau rescued me from a dark Brooklyn stairwell at 3 am nearly a year ago, and didn't even murder me in my sleep.
How's that fer awesome?"
17th January, 2007
Hell's Attik says:
"Beau (or “Beau The Blade Wade", as he is known in many a 'land) is sharp and intense, like a scalpel only much more menacing. He is an eye candy it-guy airbrushed over a deadly pufferfish exterior, entrancing, pointy and poisonous. But inside this delectable hovering menace lives a raucous bright-eyed teddy bear bored to tears, cursed by a dearth of playmates who can't even understand the games it wants to play. Left to its own devices, it scratches, rends, and chews on passersby and hangers-on alike, maybe vainly seeking kindred spirits of destruction to finally provide worthwhile ritual engagement. Or maybe it just likes to tear shit up. As much as I can heterosexually love another man, my heart belongs to Beau."
9th January, 2007
"Famous for his black & white landscape photographs of the national parks (Manly Beach, Australia), and as an author of numerous books about photography, including his trilogy of technical instruction manuals (The Camera, The Negative and The Print). He co-founded the photographic association Group f/64 along with other masters like Edward Weston, Willard Van Dyke, Imogen Cunningham and others.
He invented the zone system, a technique which allows photographers to translate the light they see into specific densities on negatives and paper, thus giving them better control over finished photographs. Beau also pioneered the idea of visualization (which he often called 'previsualization', though he later acknowledged that term to be a redundancy) of the finished print based upon the measured light values in the scene being photographed.
Oh wait, are we talking about Beau? Beau Wade? Crap…this interview is over, get that camera out of here."
17th October, 2005
"My dad is really really cool."
7th September, 2005
- Beau Wade
- October 2004
- Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma City, United States
- I am:
- UX Designer